Experiment to show your state of delusion

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Experiment to show your state of delusion

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:50 pm
Age wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:48 pm

OBVIOUSLY you are absolutely Wrong here, ONCE AGAIN, on a few things.
Still proving that point eh?
ONLY to 'you', and some "others", "flannel jesus".

And, 'you' are STILL PROVING the POINT that 'you' can NOT YET SEE EXACTLY WHERE 'you' are BEING Wrong here.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:50 pm Which century are our future readers from? Hi folks from the 22nd century!
WHY did 'you' pick that century?

And WHY do 'you' KEEP MISSING THE POINT "flannel jesus"?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Did I get the wrong century? Damn. I didn't want to pick too far into the future in case the English language disappears eventually. What century should I have picked?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:47 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:38 amThe thing about delusion is that people who are in it don't know are in it because they are in it.

Projection.

A delusion is a belief that is clearly false
'Clearly false' to WHO, EXACTLY?

Also, this could imply that one WITHOUT 'belief' could NOT be delusional.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:47 pm and that indicates an abnormality in the affected person's content of thought.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:18 pm
roydop wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:42 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:40 pm
News flash buddy, nobody in the future is going to read all this shit.

So your point has been made, you don't need to keep proving the same point. That makes you look insane.
I keep trying to show what is obvious, but the deluded literally are incapable of SEEING it.

So yeah, you're correct, it is a waste of energy trying to break these fools (they have been fooled) out of their delusion.
In case you don't already know, my post above was for Age, not directed at you.
And this is just FURTHER IRREFUTABLE PROOF of one who IS DELUDED, and DELUSIONAL, here.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:58 pm Did I get the wrong century? Damn. I didn't want to pick too far into the future in case the English language disappears eventually. What century should I have picked?
The people, back then, just could NOT help "themselves" to just ASSUME some 'thing' BEFORE they even thought about GAINING ACTUAL CLARITY FIRST.

The INSTINCTUAL KNOWING of what the Right thing to do is IN THERE, as can be CLEARLY SEEN here. But, these ones were NONE the wiser and would just FOOL and DELUDE "themselves" with an ASSUMPTION or BELIEF that they ALREADY KNEW what the ACTUAL answer was. Which on a lot of occasions was completely and utter False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect, just like as can be CLEARLY SEEN here.

And, as I continually say ALL of this can be backed up and supported with ACTUAL IRREFUTABLE PROOF. BUT, these ones just did NOT KNOW HOW to FIND and OBTAIN the ACTUAL Truth of 'things'. This was partly BECAUSE some ACTUALLY BELIEVED that IRREFUTABLE PROOF and Truth can NOT be FOUND.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I like it when he breaks the fourth wall. That means he's the main character.

Do you look directly at the camera as you're saying those words? Is there a camera or is this more of a book?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:41 pm I like it when he breaks the fourth wall. That means he's the main character.

Do you look directly at the camera as you're saying those words? Is there a camera or is this more of a book?
I like the confidence that this timeline, in any case, can be improved. IOW coming back from the future one might figure it's already written. But no, he's hoping people will listen and clarify and ask questions and learn to avoid what he already knows about our time. Or it's kinda Calvinist. But hey, that would also add to the diversity here.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:58 pm Did I get the wrong century? Damn. I didn't want to pick too far into the future in case the English language disappears eventually. What century should I have picked?
you are ABSOLUTELY FREE to CHOOSE ABSOLUTELY ANY thing you like, including whatever century you like here.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:32 pm
you are ABSOLUTELY FREE to CHOOSE ABSOLUTELY ANY thing you like, including whatever century you like here.
I really appreciate you saying that.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:08 pm
Age wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:32 pm
I really appreciate you saying that.
And who was it that said sarcasm can be hard to detect in written words?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

roydop wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:38 am If you sit in a quiet room without doing or thinking anything (if the body is "you" and the thoughts in your consciousness are "yours", then one would assume that you would be able to control the movements of the body and the mind) you will see:

A: You will not be able to stop thinking for more than a few seconds at a time. You will have no choice but to listen to the voice that is speaking into your consciousness

B: Of those thoughts you will have no choice what the thoughts will be. They will enter your consciousness at random

If you are objective and relatively ego-free, you will come to the conclusion that you do not have control over your own mind. Another reasonable conclusion would be that this uncontrolled mind is the source of all of your problems

Being able to steer your car one way or another while having no brakes or parking gear, is not having control over your car. In the same way, being able to steer the thoughts that enter your consciousness one way or another while not being able to stop them, is not having control over the (it's not yours) mind

Even though this is obvious there will be some here who will refuse to see. This is due to their deep state of delusion. The thing about delusion is that people who are in it don't know are in it because they are in it

I have made my way out of the delusion and feel a natural drive to help others out of it
One I think cannot ultimately control one's mind, but one can calm it so it becomes less scattered. For what is the nature of the mind but to be engaged with the world as object? I think it was in the Bhagavad-Gita where the mind is described as a man riding a runaway chariot fighting the reins for control. One way of calming the mind is to simplify one's life in general, allowing only selected stimuli, one can then be calm enough to introduce some disciplines of control. The desire should be, I think, to find greater control, not complete control, for I doubt complete control is even desirable. Sometimes a caged bird stops singing.

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:47 am
roydop wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:38 am If you sit in a quiet room without doing or thinking anything (if the body is "you" and the thoughts in your consciousness are "yours", then one would assume that you would be able to control the movements of the body and the mind) you will see:

A: You will not be able to stop thinking for more than a few seconds at a time. You will have no choice but to listen to the voice that is speaking into your consciousness

B: Of those thoughts you will have no choice what the thoughts will be. They will enter your consciousness at random

If you are objective and relatively ego-free, you will come to the conclusion that you do not have control over your own mind. Another reasonable conclusion would be that this uncontrolled mind is the source of all of your problems

Being able to steer your car one way or another while having no brakes or parking gear, is not having control over your car. In the same way, being able to steer the thoughts that enter your consciousness one way or another while not being able to stop them, is not having control over the (it's not yours) mind

Even though this is obvious there will be some here who will refuse to see. This is due to their deep state of delusion. The thing about delusion is that people who are in it don't know are in it because they are in it

I have made my way out of the delusion and feel a natural drive to help others out of it
One I think cannot ultimately control one's mind, but one can calm it so it becomes less scattered.
1. The ACTUAL Mind, Itself, is NEVER 'scattered'.

2. The ONLY 'thing' that IS, ACTUALLY, 'scattered' are the thoughts and thinking within human bodies.

3. IF one owned or possessed 'a mind', as the words, 'one's mind' implies, then, SURELY, one COULD ultimately CONTROL what 'they' owned or possessed.

4. 'one' would, however, ACTUALLY HAVE TO KNOW 'self', BEFORE that 'one' COULD HAVE FULL or ABSOLUTE CONTROL OVER 'things', like the thoughts and thinking within a human body.
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:47 am For what is the nature of the mind but to be engaged with the world as object?
The ACTUAL Nature of thee Mind is to be NOTHING BUT an OPEN Source with the ABILITY to LEARN absolutely ANY and EVERY 'thing', which obviously includes the ABILITY to Create absolutely ANY and EVERY 'thing'.
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:47 am I think it was in the Bhagavad-Gita where the mind is described as a man riding a runaway chariot fighting the reins for control.
Okay. But ths description is SO FAR OFF, FROM what the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, EXACTLY.
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:47 am One way of calming the mind is to simplify one's life in general, allowing only selected stimuli, one can then be calm enough to introduce some disciplines of control.
What are ANY of 'you', adult human beings, NOT 'calm' ABOUT anyway?

There is CERTAINLY ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in Life to be worried NOR scattered about, AT ALL.

AND, if ANY of 'you' Truly WANT to 'calm down', or just be 'calmer', then JUST STOP thinking, for a moment or two, THEN START RECOGNIZING the ACTUAL thoughts and thinking, which arises, and then JUST QUESTION 'them', while being Truly Honest, and thus ALSO THEN Truly Open, while seriously Wanting to CHANGE, for the better, and for "others", and NOT necessarily just for 'you', AND THEN WHEN 'you' DISCOVER and UNCOVER WHY 'those thoughts' and 'that thinking', which is what IS Truly scattered and thus UNCALMING, then what begets IS MORE CONTROL.
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:47 am The desire should be, I think, to find greater control, not complete control, for I doubt complete control is even desirable.
LOL So, BECAUSE this 'one' BELIEVES that FULL or COMPLETE 'control' is an IMPOSSIBILITY, it then, LAUGHINGLY, CONCLUDES, and/or DOUBTS that COMPLETE CONTROL is NOT 'desirable'.

If 'you', "popeye1945", PERSONALLY do NOT want COMPLETE CONTROL OVER 'your life', then so be it. BUT, 'I' am HERE to INFORM 'you' that GAINING COMPLETE CONTROL is an EXTREMELY VERY SIMPLE and VERY EASY PROCESS.

Also, and by the way, in the process of LEARNING H.O.W. to OBTAIN and GAIN GREATER CONTROL one ACTUAL LEARNS H.O.W. TO OBTAIN and GAIN COMPLETE CONTROL AS WELL.

'one' JUST NEEDS to REALLY WANT TO LEARN H.O.W.
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:47 am Sometimes a caged bird stops singing.
What is 'this' in reference to, EXACTLY.

The Fact that:

'it' is CAGED, and thus does NOT have COMPLETE CONTROL?

'it' sleeps sometimes?

'it' some 'thing' else?

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:46 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:41 pm I like it when he breaks the fourth wall. That means he's the main character.

I like the confidence that this timeline, in any case, can be improved. IOW coming back from the future one might figure it's already written. But no, he's hoping people will listen and clarify and ask questions and learn to avoid what he already knows about our time. Or it's kinda Calvinist. But hey, that would also add to the diversity here.
Although you are partly right here you are NOT EXACTLY Right.

And, ONCE AGAIN, ONLY through SEEKING CLARIFICATION, BEFORE JUMPING TO ASSUMPTIONS and CONCLUSIONS, like you have SHOWN here ONCE MORE, CAN and WILL the ACTUAL Truth COME-TO-LIGHT.

WHAT HAPPENS, relative to you in 'these days', IS ALREADY KNOWN. It is JUST part of what you ASSUME here, which IS Wrong AND Incorrect. This is BECAUSE you are ONLY LOOKING AT PART of the Picture and NOT AT the WHOLE, or Big, Picture.

BECAUSE you ONLY LOOKED AT a TINY FRACTION, and then BELIEVED that TINY SNIPPET was true, you then, VERY UNFORTUNATELY for you, STARTED BELIEVING some OTHER 'thing', which COULD END UP to be ABSOLUTELY False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect, ALSO.

SEE, STARTING FROM a Wrong or Incorrect ASSUMPTION/S can then all TO SIMPLY and EASILY LEAD TO OTHER Wrong or Incorrect BELIEFS. As just EVIDENCED and SHOWN here above.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

You're deluded ... and in the worst way possible!

I am, eh?

Yep!

How so?

You know how so! Look at your drawer - the stuff you keep in it.

A paperclip, my blunt razor, chewing gum, and vitamin C.

Précisément! Madness!! Maaaadness!!
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Agent Smith wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:41 pm You're deluded ... and in the worst way possible!

I am, eh?

Yep!

How so?

You know how so! Look at your drawer - the stuff you keep in it.

A paperclip, my blunt razor, chewing gum, and vitamin C.

Précisément! Madness!! Maaaadness!!
Absolutely. There's no key use of the letter 'c' in 'my blunt razor'. This kind of lack of organization is madness.

You need to start doing Roydop's thought-free awareness, now! Then we'll find car parts and small corpses in that drawer and your mental health will be on the mend.