The woke mind virus is the biggest threat to civlization

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

The woke mind virus is the biggest threat to civlization

Post by Dontaskme »

Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Re: The woke mind virus is the biggest threat to civlization

Post by Dontaskme »

Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Re: The woke mind virus is the biggest thread to civlization

Post by Iwannaplato »

I'd say the biggest threats have to do with fuck-ups around technology: nanotech, genetically modified products, total surveillance, AI and experimental medical products.
On the side of that WW3.
So, hubris coupled with the profit motive and crazed yearnings for total control and power.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

This is exactly the sort of moronic bullshit I would expect from you.
A couple of memes and you think you have made a contribution to a philosophy forum.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

The woke are the most unlikeable people I can think of. Just icky. Not exactly loathesome, like a depraved sex fiend, but just sort of creepily stomach-churning in a way that is unsettling and hard to pinpoint. Odd, because they think of themselves as being so wonderful (or appear to)--perhaps that's the problem...

I've just been binge watching the hilarious Kath and Kim, and apparently now it's considered to be 'problematic' (wokies love words like that) because of its 'insensitivity' to white trash :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Have corrected *thread* to THREAT

Sorry about the typo...have fun with this hottie :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:49 am I'd say the biggest threats have to do with fuck-ups around technology: nanotech, genetically modified products, total surveillance, AI and experimental medical products.
On the side of that WW3.
So, hubris coupled with the profit motive and crazed yearnings for total control and power.
So the biggest threat are the creators of all fuck-ups. Yup, sounds about right.

Then again we are talking about an unknown mind virus...insert name!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:04 am This is exactly the sort of moronic bullshit I would expect from you.
A couple of memes and you think you have made a contribution to a philosophy forum.
Cheer up glum me old chum, it might never happen....oh that's right it didn't, or did it....hmm, lets philosophise on these things. :D

Insert name!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:36 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:04 am This is exactly the sort of moronic bullshit I would expect from you.
Cheer up glum me old chum, it might never happen....oh that's right it didn't, or did it....hmm, lets philosophise on these things. :D

Insert name!
You might want to start with saying what you think wokism is.
All you have is a twittering loon's idea about what it is; just a silly reaction to mostly fake memes.
By all means "Philosophize", it would make an interesting change to this forum.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:31 am So the biggest threat are the creators of all fuck-ups. Yup, sounds about right.
People with a great deal of power using technocrats.
Then again we are talking about an unknown mind virus...insert name!
I suspect that underneath a lot of this is a hatred of life. I don't mean a desire for death (though that may be in there also) but disliking flesh, desire, emotions and living organisms. A desire for complete control, which you do not have with life, but can with machine-like people, organisms, organizations, societies. Everything in its place or on vectors chosen by those in power. No suprises, no creativity except that which feeds more control and more machinelike outcomes.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:38 am
You might want to start with saying what you think wokism is.
It's an idea...It's like I throw the ball and you catch it. :lol:

Caught on yet?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:07 am The woke are the most unlikeable people I can think of. Just icky. Not exactly loathesome, like a depraved sex fiend, but just sort of creepily stomach-churning in a way that is unsettling and hard to pinpoint. Odd, because they think of themselves as being so wonderful (or appear to)--perhaps that's the problem...

Humans in general are mostly unlikeable...it's just like they are stone cold dead behind the eyes. They're kind of like there is no one home while at the same time the light is very much on and blinding everything else out of existence.

Sorry, just my sarcastic sense of humour ... :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:51 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:07 am The woke are the most unlikeable people I can think of. Just icky. Not exactly loathesome, like a depraved sex fiend, but just sort of creepily stomach-churning in a way that is unsettling and hard to pinpoint. Odd, because they think of themselves as being so wonderful (or appear to)--perhaps that's the problem...

Humans in general are mostly unlikeable...it's just like they are stone cold dead behind the eyes. They're kind of like there is no one home while at the same time the light is very much on and blinding everything else out of existence.

Sorry, just my sarcastic sense of humour ... :wink:
Do you keep chickens?
Actually, most people are pretty neutral, not really unlikeable or likeable (at least on the surface anyway). You can tell a lot about the character of a person by the way they vote, which is probably why it's considered 'off limits' to talk about politics in polite company :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:14 pm
Do you keep chickens?
Actually, most people are pretty neutral, not really unlikeable or likeable (at least on the surface anyway). You can tell a lot about the character of a person by the way they vote, which is probably why it's considered 'off limits' to talk about politics in polite company :lol:
People are like whatever you like or dislike about them..that is true.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Since you offered an image of Tom & Jerry lets look at what the issue was, before it became unpopular.

In the 40s, 50s, and 60, violence in the home, and at school was pretty normal.
Bullying and routine thuggery was an everyday experience. Violence was everywhere. On TV with war films, Cowboys and indians, killing each other and babies were brought up on routinely violent cartoons in which they learned that violence was an effective way to get what you want and solve problems.
When you left school it was also normal to accept military service and to sign up, or accept the call when the draft papers landed on the doorstep.
In the home domestic violence was so common place that police would turn away peas for help because they were “just domestic”.
And it was perfectly legal for a man to rape his wife, Until 1991 in the UK - I’m pretty sure this right still exists in many places in the world.

The late 60s was a time of big changes in which ordinary people began to challenge the norms imposed by the establishment.

An idea grew that teaching children that violence was normal was one of the ways the the establishment kept a long line of willing dupes for cannon fodder.

Following the drop on TV violence for children, violence in schools also dropped so much that the teaching profession was able to end their reliance on corporal punishment.

Now you try and tell me that wokism is the biggest threat to civilisation and you want to be taken seriously?

What is even more laughable is that you don't even know what it is.

:lol: :lol:

In my view it is politically correct to expect a woman to be safe from rape in her own home.
In my view it probably does no harm if children are not daily fed a diet of violence.