The character posing as AGE makes a claim … but is it FACT?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

The character posing as AGE makes a claim … but is it FACT?

Post by Dontaskme »

Age claims…..
“When one learns how the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY work, then all of this becomes WELL UNDERSTOOD and VERY QUICKLY VERY OBVIOUS HOW and WHY this occurs.”

Response by dontaskme……Does AGE ….KNOW and understand the mind and brain and how and why it works? Please answer Yes or No?

If yes, then…

If the Mind and brain is known via learning, if it’s a learnt thing knowing how it ACTUALLY works, then the knower would be able to make a physical model of that known knowledge, to show to others. The physical manifestation of that learnt, therefore known knowledge would be available as a physical model, which would be the ultimate proof and evidence that the knower was indeed correct in claiming it knew exactly how the Mind and brain works, and so would be obvious by simply demonstrating this learn knowledge using the physical model ??

This is basically what the character posing as AGE is claiming… which makes them an idiot.
Dontaskme

Re: The character posing as AGE makes a claim … but is it FACT?

Post by Dontaskme »

''When one learns how the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY work''
Only an idiot would make such a statement.

As if..Age, as if.

Hate to break it to you, there is no mind, the very idea is a myth. The only knowledge of how the mind and brain works is found in the concept itself, which knows nothing.

Post by Age »

'you' want 'me' to answer yes or no, BUT THEN 'you' claim that 'I' am an IDIOT.

So, WHY would it matter to 'you' how an ALREADY KNOWN IDIOT answers?

By the way, how do 'you' define the word 'idiot'?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:43 am 'you' want 'me' to answer yes or no, BUT THEN 'you' claim that 'I' am an IDIOT.
If the shoe fits wear it Age. Most humans are idiots, including me, don't take it personally.
Age wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:43 amSo, WHY would it matter to 'you' how an ALREADY KNOWN IDIOT answers?

Because idiots usually have all the answers to their own questions, but then keep asking the questions over and over again, because they are never quite sure they know what they are talking about, they only believe they do.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:17 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:43 am 'you' want 'me' to answer yes or no, BUT THEN 'you' claim that 'I' am an IDIOT.
If the shoe fits wear it Age. Most humans are idiots, including me, don't take it personally.
Age wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:43 amSo, WHY would it matter to 'you' how an ALREADY KNOWN IDIOT answers?

Because idiots usually have all the answers to their own questions, but then keep asking the questions over and over again, because they are never quite sure they know what they are talking about, they only believe they do.
Okay, if you say and BELIEVE so.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:18 pm

Ok, no probs.

So can Age back up the claim with evidence ? > 'When one learns how the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY work''

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:27 pm
Age wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:18 pm

Ok, no probs.

So can Age back up the claim with evidence ? > 'When one learns how the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY work''
The answer is a resounding YES.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:26 pm
Age claims…..
“When one learns how the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY work, then all of this becomes WELL UNDERSTOOD and VERY QUICKLY VERY OBVIOUS HOW and WHY this occurs.”
The claim is clearly false for a couple of reasons.

The first is that to make that claim you would, of necessity, have to know exactly how the mind and brain work. Since no one does, nothing that follows from that premise can be true. You can speculate what that might mean, but you cannot say what the result of that would be.

Secondly, since "age" is making a claim that could only naturally follow a complete understanding of the working of the mind and brain, that would mean that "age" thinks he knows how the mind and brain work. This is blatantly false. Age hardly knows how to form the simplest syllogism let alone know what the greatest neuroscientists and psychologists are labouring to understand.

Age is just background noise on the Forum - put him on ignore
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
Age claims…..

The first is that to make that claim you would, of necessity, have to know exactly how the mind and brain work. Since no one does, nothing that follows from that premise can be true. You can speculate what that might mean, but you cannot say what the result of that would be.

Secondly, since "age" is making a claim that could only naturally follow a complete understanding of the working of the mind and brain, that would mean that "age" thinks he knows how the mind and brain work. This is blatantly false. Age hardly knows how to form the simplest syllogism let alone know what the greatest neuroscientists and psychologists are labouring to understand.

I agree with you on every point.

I would personally like to watch Age use the knowledge of how the mind and brain works, and recreate them from scratch. Maybe Age is good at DIY projects... but I wonder if Age would like to share the recipe that makes the brain and mind. After all, Age has claimed that it is known how and why the mind and brain works.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:42 pm

I would personally like to watch Age use the knowledge of how the mind and brain works, and recreate them from scratch. Maybe Age is good at DIY projects... but I wonder if Age would like to share the recipe that makes the brain and mind. After all, Age has claimed that it is known how and why the mind and brain works.
I image him as Robot Chicken. And has taken his understanding of the mind and brain from his creation Fritz Hühnermörder.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/robot ... 0227101910
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:21 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:42 pm

I image him as Robot Chicken. And has taken his understanding of the mind and brain from his creation Fritz Hühnermörder.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/robot ... 0227101910
He is nothing but pure entertainment. Might as well have a good laugh at the idiots, there's nothing better to do...oh wait!

Age will make it all better. What a trooper.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sculptor to Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm Age is just background noise on the Forum - put him on ignore
Agreed... and that's what I did. The forum environment feels better (to me) without his manic repetitive volumes of BlaH, bLAh, blAH scrolling across my screen, page after page, in the topics I participate in... drawing my attention as if he were a screaming child. :) He seems to have gotten worse -- thereby discouraging even the entertainment value of playing with it. Maybe sliding further into his insulating delusion feels to him like he's learning/advancing somehow.
Atla

Post by Atla »

When evolution leads to creation, the age of Ken has come.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:21 pm
Sculptor to Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm Age is just background noise on the Forum - put him on ignore
Agreed... and that's what I did. The forum environment feels better (to me) without his manic repetitive volumes of BlaH, bLAh, blAH scrolling across my screen, page after page, in the topics I participate in... drawing my attention as if he were a screaming child. :) He seems to have gotten worse -- thereby discouraging even the entertainment value of playing with it. Maybe sliding further into his insulating delusion feels to him like he's learning/advancing somehow.
Age is victim of the condition known as Autism. Their behavior is quite normal and to be expected within the autistic character.

Some people are bipolar, or they have aspergers syndrome, some people are afflicted by schizophrenia which is a mental illness that affects the way you think. There are no doubt many more weird mental conditions that show up in the human being, including chronic depression and also the fear and torment of being alive, these characters all seem to share similar traits as each other. The world of humanity is either a circus or a human zoo, this earth is a clown planet. Best just to laugh out loud and try to endure it best you can, it's not like there is any other way out of this mad max maze, run by nutters. We all suffer from the same mental incurable terminal illness, of which there is no cure, we are all dying.

Some people have already died while they live, I'm one of those people, and that attitude can be seen by others to be a mental illness...methinks, theres no hope for that which is mental.

These are just my opinions, they are the way I see things, the way I look at the idea of what it means to be alive, it doesn't mean my ideas are seen by other people, or that other people think the way I do....other people will always see reality according to their own way, and that's what Age does. No one is at fault for the way they think or feel, it's just the way life is. It's a freak show.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:21 pm
I would not mind so much be he refuses to accept the basic understanding of protocol which means that CAPTIALISATION is the same as SHOUTING.