How could we be free when we are chained to bodies?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: How could we be free when we are chained to bodies?

Post by bahman »

popeye1945 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:50 pm Consciousness is a bodily function,
Not necessary.
popeye1945 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:50 pm to speak of being free of bodily function is slightly absurd.
That is the point that I am raising. We are free to decide and act when the body is in an undecided state.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:34 pm
Not necessary.
popeye1945 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:50 pm to speak of being free of bodily function is slightly absurd.
That is the point that I am raising. We are free to decide and act when the body is in an undecided state.
Bahman,

What is an undecided state? Indecision, procrastanation? That seems to me to be mid-process, one needs be moved within before one can move without.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:42 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:24 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:53 pm

Freedom is the ability to act without external pressure. I am determined to act as I will.
You question is meaningless.
You cannot act if you are not a body.
So just about everything you says is also meaningless
Would you please step on this pestiferous buzzing batman insect before someone is seriously infected with its stupidity.
How could you be free when your body is not free? Please don't evade the question!
Why would anyone answer your question or care what you think? [Please do not answer that question. It's rhetorical and I have absolutely no interest in your opinion.]
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:01 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:45 pm
Would you please step on this pestiferous buzzing batman insect before someone is seriously infected with its stupidity.
If he's not paying attention, he'll keep buzzing about.
Ahan, so you fail to answer!
You are projecting like the narcissist that you are.
You still have yet to explain what you post is all about.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:30 pm We are free. We however only can affect reality when our bodies are in undecided states. Otherwise, our bodies behave according to the laws of nature.
Why don't you tell us how you can be free without your body?
bahman

Post by bahman »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:14 am
bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:34 pm
Not necessary.
Bahman,

What is an undecided state? Indecision, procrastanation? That seems to me to be mid-process, one needs be moved within before one can move without.
An undecided state is a state in which there are at least two options to proceed. A system that governs the laws of nature halts in such a situation since the laws of nature are deterministic, Any deterministic system evolves from one state of affairs to another unique one. There is no way that system can evolve along with two states of affairs related to the options therefore the system halts. That is when we are free and can choose.
bahman

Post by bahman »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:29 am
bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:42 pm
How could you be free when your body is not free? Please don't evade the question!
Why would anyone answer your question or care what you think? [Please do not answer that question. It's rhetorical and I have absolutely no interest in your opinion.]
Such a failure on your part.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:36 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:45 pm

If he's not paying attention, he'll keep buzzing about.
My post is about freedom of action when we are in an undecided state. An undecided state is a state in which there are at least two options.
bahman

Post by bahman »

bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:30 pm We are free. We however only can affect reality when our bodies are in undecided states. Otherwise, our bodies behave according to the laws of nature.
You can be free even when you are chained to your body, to be more precise when you are in an undecided state. I already mentioned that you are not free until there are qualia and you are in a decided state.
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:00 pm
trokanmariel wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:14 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:46 pm
Ok, we will wait until May 28th.
Politics is an option, of how to reply to the initiative to wait.

By politics, the system in question is what will happen to everyday people between now and May 28th. On the one hand, there's the supermarket identity of people, in which they go to the supermarket once a week, informing the week reality. On the other hand, there's all the individual units, that make up the emotional macro (a E love gift from myself, to Peek-A-Boo, who is God).

At a different point in time, this time that is, I want to address the ultimatum identity of the May 28th wait. I'm not presuming that you are distributing one, just the philosophical need to "explore" the identity-abstract "existence" of one (an EE gift, to Susan Norton from King's novel Salem's Lot, and to BB, Bonnie Bedelia).

The convention, is that come May 28th, if there is no universe-shift, I apply to loss. The meaning, of this, is that the science of language is in cahoots with the outcome of the loss. In other words, anti-climax is the professional status quo of the universe.

The reason for this, is that applying to loss is safety from loss, and my technical survival from may 28th - on the condition of nothing happening - is in alignment with the safety.

Could this possibly mean, that a double system in Hollywood is awaiting May 28th?

In Amityville 2 (1982), Adamski, played by James Olsen, touches wood twice, while standing next to Sonny, who is being haunted. After touching the wood twice, Sonny immediately feels ill again. The alignment between Adamski's double tap and Sonny's resurgence of illness feels like a 4th wall metaphysics.

When Alan Jonah lets Emma Russell go, in Godzilla 2, without condition, he does so as part of a double system: Emma references "two" children.

In Dora and the Lost City of Gold, Eva Longoria's character double taps her husband, played by Michael Pena, as the two see the gold treasure.

On the assumption, that something has been accomplished here, what is it?

What's the identity, of the trajectory from general logic to general deviance?

Is it a coincidence, that I started with an EE system, and ending up with an EE system?

For my friend, from my school years, Laura McCaffrey, and for my current master Terry Howletrax.
My friend you left me with lots of questions with your cryptic language.

In general, I was happy with the quantity from absence system that I created, from your May 28th comment.
Quantity from absence: the natural dichotomy, of skill.

I used a skill, and am happy with it. However, the link between the outcome of happiness and the double tap system that was referenced means that I feel a new bequeathment, to the double tap system.

The double tap system:
to me personally, it is the undoing of the forces that govern me, as it is anti-climactic.
I use the term this way:

Anti = opposes
Climactic = a reference to the editions of climax, thus, the logical means of fallout from the editions themselves.

The forces, that govern me, granted some of them, can either just be a strand of code of cynicism, or can be a macro reality which possesses all of the codes of cynicism.

Now, the following step, from this acknowledgement, is does the either or question pertain to the dynamic of needless work?

Another question:
One of the people, who I've become privy to, over the past two years, is the magic version of Jane Levy's character from 2013 Evil Dead.
Specifically, the scene where Levy's Mia is in the car, smiling at her brother.

In ensuing time, from the recent history, the magic person - who I call "I Di" - has become developed to embodying the theme of materialism from gothic. You see, i have a co-ordination process, in my mind, run by the people of my mind, and it tells a story.

What piques my interest, is the idea that I Di's attachment to the materialism angle is an edition of the angle.

I suspect, that underlying my picqued interest, is the symmetry to the deconstruction of horror horror.

The haunted house generic, of wherein all units of the house can be exposed, (an Alex Cross attribute - from the same mental operation process).

By exposed, I just mean that anything within and part of the haunted house experience can be turned into reality.

What are your thoughts?
bahman

Post by bahman »

trokanmariel wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:35 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:00 pm
trokanmariel wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:14 pm

Politics is an option, of how to reply to the initiative to wait.

By politics, the system in question is what will happen to everyday people between now and May 28th. On the one hand, there's the supermarket identity of people, in which they go to the supermarket once a week, informing the week reality. On the other hand, there's all the individual units, that make up the emotional macro (a E love gift from myself, to Peek-A-Boo, who is God).

At a different point in time, this time that is, I want to address the ultimatum identity of the May 28th wait. I'm not presuming that you are distributing one, just the philosophical need to "explore" the identity-abstract "existence" of one (an EE gift, to Susan Norton from King's novel Salem's Lot, and to BB, Bonnie Bedelia).

The convention, is that come May 28th, if there is no universe-shift, I apply to loss. The meaning, of this, is that the science of language is in cahoots with the outcome of the loss. In other words, anti-climax is the professional status quo of the universe.

The reason for this, is that applying to loss is safety from loss, and my technical survival from may 28th - on the condition of nothing happening - is in alignment with the safety.

Could this possibly mean, that a double system in Hollywood is awaiting May 28th?

In Amityville 2 (1982), Adamski, played by James Olsen, touches wood twice, while standing next to Sonny, who is being haunted. After touching the wood twice, Sonny immediately feels ill again. The alignment between Adamski's double tap and Sonny's resurgence of illness feels like a 4th wall metaphysics.

When Alan Jonah lets Emma Russell go, in Godzilla 2, without condition, he does so as part of a double system: Emma references "two" children.

In Dora and the Lost City of Gold, Eva Longoria's character double taps her husband, played by Michael Pena, as the two see the gold treasure.

On the assumption, that something has been accomplished here, what is it?

What's the identity, of the trajectory from general logic to general deviance?

Is it a coincidence, that I started with an EE system, and ending up with an EE system?

For my friend, from my school years, Laura McCaffrey, and for my current master Terry Howletrax.
My friend you left me with lots of questions with your cryptic language.

In general, I was happy with the quantity from absence system that I created, from your May 28th comment.
Quantity from absence: the natural dichotomy, of skill.

I used a skill, and am happy with it. However, the link between the outcome of happiness and the double tap system that was referenced means that I feel a new bequeathment, to the double tap system.

The double tap system:
to me personally, it is the undoing of the forces that govern me, as it is anti-climactic.
I use the term this way:

Anti = opposes
Climactic = a reference to the editions of climax, thus, the logical means of fallout from the editions themselves.

The forces, that govern me, granted some of them, can either just be a strand of code of cynicism, or can be a macro reality which possesses all of the codes of cynicism.

Now, the following step, from this acknowledgement, is does the either or question pertain to the dynamic of needless work?

Another question:
One of the people, who I've become privy to, over the past two years, is the magic version of Jane Levy's character from 2013 Evil Dead.
Specifically, the scene where Levy's Mia is in the car, smiling at her brother.

In ensuing time, from the recent history, the magic person - who I call "I Di" - has become developed to embodying the theme of materialism from gothic. You see, i have a co-ordination process, in my mind, run by the people of my mind, and it tells a story.

What piques my interest, is the idea that I Di's attachment to the materialism angle is an edition of the angle.

I suspect, that underlying my picqued interest, is the symmetry to the deconstruction of horror horror.

The haunted house generic, of wherein all units of the house can be exposed, (an Alex Cross attribute - from the same mental operation process).

By exposed, I just mean that anything within and part of the haunted house experience can be turned into reality.

What are your thoughts?
What are the codes of cynicism? What are the differences between the two sorts of codes? Are you saying that what is going to happen on May 28 is related to the horror that is due to you?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:24 pm
My post is about freedom of action when we are in an undecided state. An undecided state is a state in which there are at least two options.
what options?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:28 pm
You can be free even when you are chained to your body, to be more precise when you are in an undecided state. I already mentioned that you are not free until there are qualia and you are in a decided state.
It's like you do not understand the first post you made.
Maybe you have realise how absurd it is and are now trying to distance yourself from it?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:58 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:24 pm

what options?
Options like two ice cream that you like both but can only choose one.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:59 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:28 pm

It's like you do not understand the first post you made.
I understand what I am saying.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:36 pm Maybe you have realise how absurd it is and are now trying to distance yourself from it?
No.