Knowledge is Pattern Formation

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: Knowledge is Pattern Formation

Post by popeye1945 »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:29 am
popeye1945 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:24 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:56 am Really Poppy? You arrogant twat. Are you certain that I shouldn't be on this forum, but that you should?

KNOWLEDGE is STORAGE of analysed perceptual experience.
atto.

Your a pleasant chap---lol!!
I was, until you accused me of backing out of a challenge (that I made to you, and YOU failed to take on) and stated I should not be on a philosophy forum.

popeye1945 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:24 pm Tell me how do you spontaneously move through the world engaging and avoiding, by accessing your memory banks?
That's a stupid question! Why don't you tell me, how the fuck you can do ANYTHING (including the above), without accessing your memory banks? (there are only two things)
This dialogue is over.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:56 am This dialogue is over.
Are you sure? (I can be quite nasty can't I? ..when someone treads on my toes)
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:48 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:03 pm We observe through patterns, patterns act as the filter for further knowledge with this further knowledge being a pattern which acts in turn much like a filter.

The human mind continually renews itself through the patterns recieved given those which make it through the filter in turn act as meta patterns, or patterns within a pattern. The pattern in absorbing new patterns becomes a more complex pattern as it incorporates that which it previously lacked.
WHAT, EXACTLY, is this 'human mind', which you speak of here? And,

WHERE, EXACTLY, does this 'human mind' thing EXIST or LAY, PRECISELY?

Let us OBSERVE and SEE what 'pattern formed' 'knowledge' you REALLY have regarding this here.
The human mind is that which observes the patterns of the human mind, the patterns of the human mind are the observation of patterns. The human mind exists where it observes the observation of patterns.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:39 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:03 pm We observe through patterns, patterns act as the filter for further knowledge with this further knowledge being a pattern which acts in turn much like a filter.

The human mind continually renews itself through the patterns recieved given those which make it through the filter in turn act as meta patterns, or patterns within a pattern. The pattern in absorbing new patterns becomes a more complex pattern as it incorporates that which it previously lacked.

Let us OBSERVE and SEE what 'pattern formed' 'knowledge' you REALLY have regarding this here.
The human mind is that which observes the patterns of the human mind, the patterns of the human mind are the observation of patterns. The human mind exists where it observes the observation of patterns.
In other words, you are NOT YET ABLE TO 'put your finger on it', as some might say.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

No arrangement is a pattern until it is repeated so all arrangements are potential patterns.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:24 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:39 am

In other words, you are NOT YET ABLE TO 'put your finger on it', as some might say.
It is the observation of patterns and this is a pattern as it is the convergence and divergence of phenomena.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:07 am No arrangement is a pattern until it is repeated so all arrangements are potential patterns.
The arrangement of lines is the repetition of lines, arrangement and repetition are inseparable.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Eodnhoj,

An example of randomness repeated is pattern.

Stones arranged in no particular order/pattern is a pattern when repeated.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pattern ------number four

https://wikidiff.com/arrangement/pattern