Do thoughts affect reality?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am
Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am the EXACT SAME WAY 'I' have been SPEAKING to 'you', human beings, for thousand upon thousands of years is EXACTLY THE SAME WAY 'I' SPEAK to 'you', NOW, in the days when this was written and EVERY time, forever more.

But, as 'I' was saying, previously, 'you' have NOT been 'hearing', nor even 'LISTENING', to Me.
Well, maybe nobody is listening to "thee One" because "thee One" does not know how to address people in a way that they can actually understand what he/she has to say.
After all these years, this "thee One" that Age imagines to speak as has offered nothing profound --
This is BECAUSE I have just been waiting, patiently, for ANY one of 'you' to ask a (profound?) CLARIFYING QUESTION.

See, 'you', people here, do NOT ask CLARIFYING QUESTIONS because internally 'you', each, BELIEVE 'you' ALREADY KNOW what is true, right, and correct. And, also BECAUSE 'you' have grown up to FEAR looking STUPID, so from a very early age ALL of 'you' "learned" to STOP asking CLARIFYING QUESTIONS. NONE of 'you' want to APPEAR "silly" NOR "dumb", correct?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm rather, just excuses and repetition of the same self-serving phrases over and over: what "thee One" knows, but it isn't understood because humans are deficient.
I have NEVER used the 'deficient' word, here in this forum. Unless, OF COURSE, ANY one of 'you' can PROVE OTHERWISE.

Also, do 'you' BELIEVE humans are NOT 'deficient', and thus ALREADY, in the days when this is being written, do KNOW EVERY thing?

Furthermore, NO 'one' could say ANY thing 'profound' to some one who BELIEVES that that 'one' could NEVER say ANY thing 'profound', and, what is 'profound' to one person is NOT to another one.

By the way, have 'you', "lacewing" ever offered ANY thing 'profound' is this forum?

If yes, then what was 'it'/were 'they'?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm Why would "thee One" be so detached as to need to keep yammering at people for thousands of years, and to be so misunderstood?
What does 'yammering' mean, to 'you'?

Also, do 'you', the one known as "lacewing" here, ask this question WAITING for an ANSWER?

Or, do 'you' just ask this insinuating that ALL of this 'misunderstanding' is SOLELY of result of thee One, without ANY none understanding at all being because of human beings, themselves?

Do you think or believe that 'you', human beings, are that PERFECT that they do NOT misunderstand things?

Also, WHY thee One is so detached from 'you', human beings, is because 'you', human beings, have just come to evolve from NON KNOWING animals, AND 'you' are still just in a process of LEARNING, and UNDERSTANDING. And, 'you', OBVIOUSLY, STILL have a LOT MORE to LEARN, AND UNDERSTAND.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm And why would "thee One" be using this forum, among all other choices? :lol:
Here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of one who is BLINDED by their OWN ASSUMPTIONS and/or BELIEFS.

Thee One is NOT using this forum, SOLELY.

As already stated thee One has been 'speaking' to 'you', human beings, FOR THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF YEARS. So, this 'should be' ENOUGH PROOF that there has NEVER been ANY suggestion AT ALL that thee One is using this forum, and NOT ALL, so called, "other choices".

Therefore, the ONLY thing that you are laughing at here is your OWN made up, Wrong, ASSUMPTION.

Maybe if you STOPPED making these RIDICULOUS and ABSURD ASSUMPTIONS, then you might also STOP saying asking OBVIOUSLY Wrong and/or False questions.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm Age has revealed much to the contrary of all the claims, excuses, and projections... which reveal a very human person who likes to use the CAPS key and set himself apart from other humans, who he likes to blame for his own deficiencies.
What are 'you' now CLAIMING are 'my own deficiencies?

Also NOTICED is 'you', "lacewing", AGAIN, NOT countering the ACTUAL words that 'I' have placed here before 'you', but 'you' just, once more, attempting to attack the 'person', known here by the label, "age"
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am Time for "thee One" to smarten his/her game - or continue to be misunderstood and keep wondering why... :-)
Doesn't seem likely... the delusional show just seems to get thicker... demonstrating Age's limitation and self-absorption: unable to acknowledge his beliefs and projections, and unable to understand or be open to anything other than that, he stakes out a title and position as "thee One" -- utterly clueless of what is surely and already flowing through all of us very efficiently!
ONCE MORE, CLEARLY NOTICED here is the CONTINUAL ATTEMPTING at 'trying to' ATTACK the 'person', and NOT even able to counter the 'words'.

Also, talk about 'PROJECTING' here. Just LOOK at what 'you' ARE DOING.

And, LET US SEE if 'you' can ACTUALLY PROVIDE and thus PROVE these, SUPPOSED, BELIEFS of 'mine'

By the way, 'i' have NEVER "staked out" a title and position as 'thee One'. To even ASSUME this SHOWS and PROVES just how BLIND, and DEAF, 'you' REALLY ARE here.

Now, you made the CLAIM that I am "utterly clueless" of what is "surely and already flowing through ALL of us very efficiently". So, LET US SEE IF 'you' can even PROVIDE what 'it' is, which is "surely and already flowing through ALL of us very efficiently". SHOW us that 'you' are NOT 'utterly clueless', "yourself".

Considering that you have been COMPLETELY UNABLE to back up and support your previous CLAIMS made with, AND ABOUT, me we will just have to continue WAITING to SEE if you can THIS TIME.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm Recognizing and understanding the natural/built-in perfection of all, is much more compelling to me than anything "thee One" makes up to serve himself.
HERE is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of just HOW BLIND, and DEAF, the peoples were, in the days when this was written.

The BELIEFS they HOLD, which come from their own Assumptions that are based on their own Previous Experiences, led these peoples to the ABSOLUTE BLINDNESS, and DEAFNESS, as SHOWN and PROVEN here.

LOL What is 'the natural/built-in perfection of all'?

'you', "lacewing", are SO FULL of "yourself" that 'you' ACTUALLY BELIEVE that 'you' have recognized and understood the 'the natural/built-in perfection' YET 'you' have NEVER been able to say absolutely ANY thing about what this 'thing' even is, let alone been able to say absolutely ANY thing 'profound' about 'it'.

If thee Truth be KNOWN 'you' have NOT YET recognized NOR even understood what this 'Thing' ACTUALLY IS, AT ALL.

And this will be PROVEN True by your INABILITY to say NOR explain ANY thing about what 'It' ACTUALLY IS. Well, you are NOT ABLE to, up to the day when this was written anyway.

But maybe 'you' will LEARN and UNDERSTAND, one day.

Oh, and by the way, what do 'you' think or believe the words 'thee One' ACTUALLY refers to?

I should NOT have to ask the BLATANTLY OBVIOUS QUESTION now, and usually I would NOT, but I will THIS TIME -

Have 'you' EVER even just considered that 'thee One' IS ACTUALLY 'the natural/built-in perfection of ALL'?

Have 'you' EVER considered that thee EXACT SAME 'Thing' just gets referred to as DIFFERENT 'things', by DIFFERENT people?

Or, is this NOT a POSSIBILITY in "lacewing's" 'little world'?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm Questioning him and watching him flop around with his claims and excuses is fascinating in what it reveals about the creative potential of self-indulgence and self-deception.
LOL IF 'you' EVER get around to ask a CLARIFYING QUESTION, IN and FROM a Truly OPEN perspective, then 'that' WILL BE ANSWERED.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm One could say "there is god"... and then point everywhere else and say, "and there, and there, and there, and there, and there...".
AND one could say, " there is "the natural/built-in perfection of all" ", and then "flop around with their claims and excuses" and/or point everywhere else and say, "and there, and there, and there, and there, and there ..." BUT NEVER actually say, WHERE, NOR ever saying what 'it' IS.

They could also say and do this while CLAIMING that they even "recognize and understand" "the natural/built-in perfection of ALL" EXACTLY LIKE 'you' have been doing "yourself", "lacewing".

'you' have CLAIMED or SUGGESTED that 'you' RECOGNIZE and UNDERSTAND 'the natural/built-in perfection of all', now INFORM US of WHAT 'this' IS, HOW, 'it' exists, WHERE 'it' exists, WHEN 'it' is existing, and WHY 'it' exists, EXACTLY.

PROVE to us that 'you' ACTUALLY KNOW what you CLAIM or SUGGEST by SHOWING us YOUR, profound, response to this.

Also, let us SEE if 'you' can do this WITHOUT 'trying to' attack ANY person.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm People who claim to be uniquely/separately so, are ridiculous.
And some people PROVE that they are PLAIN RIDICULOUS, just by the way they respond.

I suggest if you want to make a CLAIM, then it is MUCH BETTER for you if you are able to back up and support YOUR CLAIM, BEFORE you actually MAKE THE CLAIM.

You have ALREADY MADE THE CLAIM/S, now SHOW us what 'you' are MADE OF, and thus who 'you' REALLY ARE.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:21 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm Why would "thee One" be so detached as to need to keep yammering at people for thousands of years, and to be so misunderstood?
Worst omniscient being ever :)
LOL

Contrary to popular BELIEF, in the days when this was written, there can ONLY ever be just One 'omniscient' Being, which could ONLY ever be made up of EVERY thing.

Those, human beings, in the days when this was written REALLY could NOT YET SEE this FACT.

They could NOT YET SEE past their OWN ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS. These ones ACTUALLY BELIEVED what they individual and personally BELIEVED is thee truth of things. They just could NOT YET SEE that 'the natural/built-in PERFECTION of ALL' is ACTUALLY 'thee One and ONLY True One'.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:55 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:21 pm Worst omniscient being ever :)
Isn't it a remarkable coincidence that this "thee ONE" seems to exhibit the same set of cognitive deficiencies, as Age the human does? Lucky person this Age, to be se in tune with "thee One".
I would NOT say, "lucky person", as the frustration in that one is nearly beyond bearable.

Also, NO person is more NOR less 'lucky' than "another one". EVERY body, naturally and obviously, has just had different experiences.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:21 pm Worst omniscient being ever :)
:lol: :lol: Indeed!
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:55 pmIsn't it a remarkable coincidence that this "thee ONE" seems to exhibit the same set of cognitive deficiencies, as Age the human does? Lucky person this Age, to be se in tune with "thee One".
Same old story: human speaks as/for a god, and the god makes no greater sense than the human (same limitations, excuses, denial, projections, ego).
And, I am doing something DIFFERENT here.

I am APPEARING as though I am doing, what you HATE other people doing, to SHOW and PROVE just how QUICKLY 'you', human beings, will JUMP to ASSUMPTIONS, BEFORE EVER CLARIFYING, what is ACTUALLY being SAID, and MEANT, FIRST.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm The god-speaker does not seem aware of how obvious this is to those who have no blinding investment in it.
LOL And just how COMPLETELY BLIND some Truly ARE to what has ACTUALLY been happening and taking place here IS REVEALING.

Also, let us not forget about those who propose to be 'the natural/built-in perfection of all-speaker', and who also proposes to be the ONLY one who can 'recognize and understand' 'the natural/built-in perfection of all/God'.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm Nor does the god-speaker seem to realize how many other god-speakers are also flinging themselves onto the pile of enraptured god-speakers.
You will NEVER KNOW, because you have NEVER even 'tried' CLARIFYING, but I can ACTUALLY back up and support ABSOLUTELY EVERY thing I have said AND say.

AND AGAIN, I have ALSO attempted to speak just like the "others". AGAIN, in order to USE 'you', to SHOW, REVEAL, and PROVE just how QUICKLY human beings, in your day and age, will JUMP into BELIEVING their OWN ASSUMPTIONS are true, WITHOUT EVER CLARIFYING with the "other" FIRST.

'you', "lacewing", have been a PERFECT subject flinging "yourself" into EXACTLY WHERE I WANTED 'you'.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm If they could acknowledge these factors, perhaps we could go deeper to discuss the implications of that, which (I think) could be much more interesting philosophical discussion than endlessly entertaining people's various claims of gods or their own supreme "knowing".
AND what 'you' BELIEVE is absolutely True, Right, AND Correct here is BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS.

So, HERE AGAIN, we have ANOTHER EXAMPLE of one who can NOT YET SEE absolutely ANY thing passed what they ALREADY BELIEVE is ABSOLUTELY True, or in other words, thee One and ONLY Truth.

'you', "lacewing", are PROVING to be a PRIME EXAMPLE of what CLAIM "others" do.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm Why are none of these gods present and compelling for anyone other than the fully subscribed -- and why is there so much variance between the gods?
BECAUSE 'you', human beings, BELIEVE your OWN ASSUMPTIONS are actually irrefutably True.

Just like some BELIEVE, 'their version', of God is irrefutably True, 'you', "lacewing", ALSO BELIEVE, 'your version', of things is ALSO irrefutably True. For example, you BELIEVE there is NO God, and thus are NOT OPEN to absolutely ANY thing contrary. You are NOT even OPEN to the FACT that what you BELIEVE is within EVERY one could just be the EXACT SAME 'Thing' as what "others" refer to as God.

NONE of 'you', adult human beings, are OPEN to "each other" BECAUSE 'you' are ALL, literally, so individually invested in the you.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm An obvious answer: they're manmade... and they typically become a club that rewards themselves, while excluding others.
And, HERE AGAIN, is a PRIME EXAMPLE of A BELIEF, IN ACTION.

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:48 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm Same old story: human speaks as/for a god, and the god makes no greater sense than the human (same limitations, excuses, denial, projections, ego). The god-speaker does not seem aware of how obvious this is to those who have no blinding investment in it.
How true!
IF and WHEN 'you' STOP having "NO blinding investment in it", then 'you' WILL become OPEN, and then, and ONLY THEN, you can start LEARNING, and becoming WISER.

And, what is BLINDING OBVIOUS is the FACT that you have NO blinding investment in 'it' [whatever] is because of YOUR BELIEFS.
AlexW wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:48 am It's always a clear warning sign if someone claims to be speaking on behalf of a higher being, a god, thee One or whatever else it might be he/she believes he/she is "channeling".
When have I EVER even remotely suggested that I was speaking on behalf of ANY thing else, or channeling?

'you', people, are SO EASILY MISLED that 'you' WILL BELIEVE just about ANY thing all TO SIMPLY.

The PROOF that 'thoughts' affect/create a "reality" has NEVER been CLEARER.
AlexW wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:48 am Problem is, everybody else sees it, only the one who is performing the act is blind to it...
LOL
LOL
LOL

IF ONLY 'you' could SEE, and ONLY if 'you' KNEW.

Who is 'acting' here, and who is ACTUALLY Real and True?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:41 am
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:55 pm Lucky person this Age, to be se in tune with "thee One".
I would NOT say, "lucky person", as the frustration in that one is nearly beyond bearable.
Why is there frustration in that one?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:37 am They could NOT YET SEE past their OWN ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS.
How do you know this about them?
Age wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:37 am They just could NOT YET SEE that 'the natural/built-in PERFECTION of ALL' is ACTUALLY 'thee One and ONLY True One'.
How do you know what they see?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:15 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:55 pm Lucky person this Age, to be se in tune with "thee One".
Inducing frustration is the intent that motivates Age transmissions, btw. Frustration is an aspect of dukkha, and the energy required to prune and maintain that can be redirected if need be.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:37 pm Inducing frustration is the intent that motivates Age transmissions, btw. Frustration is an aspect of dukkha, and the energy required to prune and maintain that can be redirected if need be.
It appears that there are many transmissions coming through many people, and there are many ways for it to be experienced and felt.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:37 am One 'omniscient' Being, which could ONLY ever be made up of EVERY thing.
That's just Age the human's childish belief. Just because "thee ONE" is made up of "EVERY thing", that doesn't mean that "thee One" is omniscient. It doesn't even mean that "thee One" is a being.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:59 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:37 pm Inducing frustration is the intent that motivates Age transmissions, btw. Frustration is an aspect of dukkha, and the energy required to prune and maintain that can be redirected if need be.
It appears that there are many transmissions coming through many people, and there are many ways for it to be experienced and felt.
I once thought that the quotation, “The wind blows in many directions but only God can make a tree,” was rather odd, enigmatic.

Here you have two seemingly unrelated events, both as old as the ages, with an implied connection.

Then I learned as fact from Feynman that wind is vital in the making of a tree.

Then again there’s other meanings, such as mis-associating any wind, such as blow hard, as the only cause with a specific effect such as frustration.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:59 pm It appears that there are many transmissions coming through many people, and there are many ways for it to be experienced and felt.
Quote from the Twilight Zone. Lot's of woo.

Post by Age »

Why there is the emotion of frustration in 'that' one is for the EXACT SAME reason there are emotions in ALL of 'you', human beings.

Why specifically there is frustration in that one is because when that one speaks and "others" jump to ASSUMPTIONS and/or ACCUSATIONS, without CLARIFYING, FIRST, and this, in turn, leaves these "others" saying what is ACTUALLY Wrong, False, and/or Incorrect, and that one is being COMPLETELY MISUNDERSTOOD.

Does the emotional feeling of 'frustration' arise within 'you', "lacewing", when "others" are NOT hearing nor listening to 'you' or when they jump to Wrong conclusions, and they end up MISUNDERSTANDING 'you', so 'you' end up NOT being recognized and accepted for who 'you' REALLY ARE?

Or, does the emotional feeling of 'frustration' not arise within 'you'?

If it does, then why is there frustration in that one, known as "lacewing"?

Also, noticed is you did NOT answer one clarifying question posed to you, NOR did you back up and support one of your CLAIMS.

The reason for your INABILITY and lack of Honesty here is OBVIOUS, to some.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:26 pm
Age wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:37 am They could NOT YET SEE past their OWN ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS.
How do you know this about them?
Because I have been LISTENING to 'you', people, and from the VERY WORDS that 'you' use what is VERY CLEAR is that what 'you' BELIEVE, or DISBELIEVE, is true is what IS STOPPING 'you' from SEEING what thee One and ONLY Truth ACTUALLY IS.

For example, if you have ever tried explaining to someone that God is NOT real, but they BELIEVE otherwise, then they OBVIOUSLY can NOT YET SEE what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, correct?
Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:26 pm
Age wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:37 am They just could NOT YET SEE that 'the natural/built-in PERFECTION of ALL' is ACTUALLY 'thee One and ONLY True One'.
How do you know what they see?
AGAIN, from LISTENING to "them".

And, 'LISTENING' does NOT just mean hearing the words they use, but REALLY LISTENING to what they are actually MEANING.

Also, and to make this APPEAR even MORE CONFUSING, which will LEAD 'you' to making MORE ASSUMPTIONS without EVER CLARIFYING, FIRST is;

Sometimes 'you' can SEE more with the ears, and, HEAR more with the eyes. (But you are still a long way off yet from FULLY UNDERSTANDING this.)

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:37 pm
Inducing frustration is the intent that motivates Age transmissions, btw.
There is a LOT of truth in this.
Walker wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:37 pm Frustration is an aspect of dukkha, and the energy required to prune and maintain that can be redirected if need be.
Sounds interesting.

What is 'dukkha,' to you?

And will you elaborate on and explain further the last part of your sentence here?