Do thoughts affect reality?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:18 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:46 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:40 am

WHAT do you want proof for, EXACTLY?

If it is for my CLAIM that, 'some have NOTICED that the EXCUSE you used for NOT, supposedly, reading my post here is about one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around', then just say so. But if it is for some 'thing' else, then, AGAIN, just say so.

And, how MANY of your CLAIMS have you proved?
That's the one, but I already said that. So who are these "some"?
How many does the word 'some' refer to, to you?
another evasion, asking about the meaning of a basic English word, which you used not me

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:04 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:46 am
That's the one, but I already said that. So who are these "some"?
another evasion, asking about the meaning of a basic English word, which you used not me
This is NOT an "evasion" AT ALL. I am trying to have a discussion with you. Learning and knowing what words mean to you, through CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, means that I then KNOW which way to PROVE what 'you' asked 'me' to PROVE.

But considering you are PROVING to be TOTALLY INCAPABLE of holding down a discussion I will just PROVE what I CLAIMED. And, completely UNLIKE you I will CLARIFY what the CLAIM IS, FIRST, and then just PROVE it True, Right, AND Correct.

My CLAIM IS:
some have NOTICED that the EXCUSE you used for NOT, supposedly, reading my post here is about one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around.

Making the EXCUSE that just one post, which only has 529 words in it, is, "too long, didn't read", compared to the reams of pages that you have read and will continue to read is one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around for the OBVIOUS REASON of the comparability FACT. So, that is PROVEN.

And what makes that EXCUSE of YOURS even weaker is that you have ALREADY PROVEN that you had actually ALREADY ead that post. So, that you did not read my post because it was "too long", besides being an OBVIOUSLY COMPLETE and UTTER LIE, which makes the WEAKNESS of it EVEN WEAKER, the WEAKEST PART is you have read FAR LONGER POSTS anyway. So, this part is PROVEN FULLY now.

Now, that 'some' had NOTICED the above PROVEN FACTUAL CLAIM, is PROVEN by the fact that the word 'some' refers to one, or any, up to but not including ALL in ANY group of 'things'. Therefore, because I NOTICED that the EXCUSE you used for NOT, supposedly, reading my post there is about one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around, PROVES this CLAIM, ALSO.

So, that is HOW one CLARIFIES what their ACTUAL CLAIM IS, and then PROVES that CLAIM.

Hopefully, ONE DAY, you MIGHT actually ALSO even just try to do the SAME. That way you MIGHT ACTUALLY be ABLE to ACHIEVE, what I have just done.

We will just have to WAIT and SEE.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:40 pm

This is NOT an "evasion" AT ALL. I am trying to have a discussion with you. Learning and knowing what words mean to you, through CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, means that I then KNOW which way to PROVE what 'you' asked 'me' to PROVE.

But considering you are PROVING to be TOTALLY INCAPABLE of holding down a discussion I will just PROVE what I CLAIMED. And, completely UNLIKE you I will CLARIFY what the CLAIM IS, FIRST, and then just PROVE it True, Right, AND Correct.

My CLAIM IS:
some have NOTICED that the EXCUSE you used for NOT, supposedly, reading my post here is about one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around.

Making the EXCUSE that just one post, which only has 529 words in it, is, "too long, didn't read", compared to the reams of pages that you have read and will continue to read is one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around for the OBVIOUS REASON of the comparability FACT. So, that is PROVEN.

And what makes that EXCUSE of YOURS even weaker is that you have ALREADY PROVEN that you had actually ALREADY ead that post. So, that you did not read my post because it was "too long", besides being an OBVIOUSLY COMPLETE and UTTER LIE, which makes the WEAKNESS of it EVEN WEAKER, the WEAKEST PART is you have read FAR LONGER POSTS anyway. So, this part is PROVEN FULLY now.

Now, that 'some' had NOTICED the above PROVEN FACTUAL CLAIM, is PROVEN by the fact that the word 'some' refers to one, or any, up to but not including ALL in ANY group of 'things'. Therefore, because I NOTICED that the EXCUSE you used for NOT, supposedly, reading my post there is about one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around, PROVES this CLAIM, ALSO.

So, that is HOW one CLARIFIES what their ACTUAL CLAIM IS, and then PROVES that CLAIM.

Hopefully, ONE DAY, you MIGHT actually ALSO even just try to do the SAME. That way you MIGHT ACTUALLY be ABLE to ACHIEVE, what I have just done.

Thank you for the proof that you were lying, and also the proof that you are now lying about not lying. Some have not noticed it, only you. You had to change the meaning of a basic expressions like "some have" and "by the way" heh-heh.

By the way, some doctors have seen that you slipped there for a second, they are taking notes about the voices.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:14 am The EXTREMELY SIMPLE REASON WHY I NEITHER believe nor disbelieve/not believe ANY thing is SIMPLY BECAUSE I have CHOSEN NOT to do either things. I have CHOSEN NOT to do either BECAUSE of the negative consequences of what happens to one when they BELIEVE or DISBELIEVE some 'thing' is true.
Who is the “I” in the above sentence? Age or “thee One”?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm

My CLAIM IS:

Thank you for the proof that you were lying, and also the proof that you are now lying about not lying.
This is a PRIME EXAMPLE of how this one MAKES CLAIMS, but NEVER ACTUALLY SAYS ANY thing AT ALL.

This one has ALREADY also PROVEN that it is TOTALLY INCAPABLE of being able to back up and support its CLAIMS.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm Some have not noticed it, only you.
I asked you to CLARIFY what the word 'some' means to you. BUT, you WERE AGAIN, TOTALLY INCAPABLE of just being able to do that Truly SIMPLE and EASY task.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm You had to change the meaning of a basic expressions like "some have" and "by the way" heh-heh.
I have NEVER changed the meaning of ANY thing here.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm By the way, some doctors have seen that you slipped there for a second, they are taking notes about the voices.
WHAT are you on, and on about here?

What has REALLY ANNOYED 'you', "atla"?

WHY do 'you' REALLY HATE 'me' SO MUCH FOR, "atla"?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:13 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:14 am The EXTREMELY SIMPLE REASON WHY I NEITHER believe nor disbelieve/not believe ANY thing is SIMPLY BECAUSE I have CHOSEN NOT to do either things. I have CHOSEN NOT to do either BECAUSE of the negative consequences of what happens to one when they BELIEVE or DISBELIEVE some 'thing' is true.
Either one. It does NOT matter.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:42 pm

My CLAIM IS:

Thank you for the proof that you were lying, and also the proof that you are now lying about not lying.
This is a PRIME EXAMPLE of how this one MAKES CLAIMS, but NEVER ACTUALLY SAYS ANY thing AT ALL.

This one has ALREADY also PROVEN that it is TOTALLY INCAPABLE of being able to back up and support its CLAIMS.
I asked you to CLARIFY what the word 'some' means to you. BUT, you WERE AGAIN, TOTALLY INCAPABLE of just being able to do that Truly SIMPLE and EASY task.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm You had to change the meaning of a basic expressions like "some have" and "by the way" heh-heh.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm By the way, some doctors have seen that you slipped there for a second, they are taking notes about the voices.

More crying after being found a liar. I don't hate you at all by the way.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:52 pm

WHY can you ONLY call someone "a liar" but NEVER be able to PROVE that CLAIM?
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:45 pm
OK, how exactly did that work? How and when did Age make this decision?
Did Age think "From now on I won't believe nor disbelieve anything anymore" - and then this decision was put into action? Or did the process happen in a different way? Please explain.

Also: Has "thee One" made this decision at the same time or has it been made before (maybe a long time before?) Age made this decision?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:45 pm
OK, how exactly did that work?
How exactly did 'that' work was by just making a decision, and then just sticking to that decision to NOT believe nor disbelieve ANY thing again.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 am How and when did Age make this decision?
When this decision was made was after someone was telling me what took place, and they were not accepting my account, which was different, obviously. How I made this decision was when, (in NOT the EXACT words):

I asked them, 'Are you assuming what took place?

They said, 'Yes'. And that was the end of that. (i realized then that when someone ASSUMES some thing, then this effects their ability to see things clearly).

Then, a few months later, I was repeating my same account.

They said, "But that is not what took place".

I asked, "What happens if I got someone here, and they said the exact same as I have been?"

They said, "I wouldn't believe it".

I then just gave up even trying to tell the Truth of of what took place. (i realized then that when one BELIEVES some thing is true, then no matter what is provided to them, even if it is ACTUAL PROOF, then they are still NOT OPEN AT ALL to see what thee ACTUAL Truth is).
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 am Did Age think "From now on I won't believe nor disbelieve anything anymore" - and then this decision was put into action?
Not those exact thoughts, but very similar, and something like;
If I believe, or disbelieve, some thing is true or right, then I would NOT be OPEN to it being false or wrong. So, I am not going to believe, or disbelieve, ANY thing again The decision was made.

This, by the way, did not happen straight after, but a few hours after. First I looked up what the word 'belief' and/or 'believe' means in a dictionary, and thought about the word 'believe' and 'belief', themselves. I then asked "myself", "Would I believe some thing is true, if it was not true?" The answer i replied with should be fairly obvious. I replied with something like; 'Of course not'. And it was then when I realized by definition when we (usually) say 'I believe ...", or, "My belief is ...", then we internalize this 'thing' (whatever it is) as being true, right, accurate, and/or correct. I also realized that we can also internalize that 'thing' as being absolutely or irrefutably true. (This, of course, obviously excludes all of those times when we say either "I believe ..." , or, "My belief is ..." but ACTUALLY MEAN 'I do NOT KNOW, for sure'. See, we can, hypocritically, say, "I believe ...", when ACTUALLY we do NOT 'believe 'it' AT ALL.

This is WHY it is ALWAYS BETTER to CLARIFY with "others" BEFORE we ASSUME ANY thing.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 am Or did the process happen in a different way? Please explain.
I hope my explanation above was sufficient enough. If not, then just let me know.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 am Also: Has "thee One" made this decision at the same time or has it been made before (maybe a long time before?) Age made this decision?
Now we are getting down to where things need a LOT MORE explaining or a LOT MORE previous explanations.

'Thee One' does NOT necessarily need to make ANY decisions at all, as thee One, JUST KNOWS what is True and Right, anyway.

Thee One, in a way, also KNOWS Right from Wrong, and, True from False ALWAYS. So, that could be said to be a VERY long time before "age" ever came around. But, because thee One needed a way to become consciously AWARE of 'this', and EVERY thing else, it needed a species like the human one, to evolve, with the ability of the human brain to grasp, hold, and store information.

Also, because thee One is the collective of EVERY thing, then ONLY when EVERY thing comes together, as One, to agree on and accept some 'thing', then that is WHEN thee One Truly 'makes decisions' or Truly KNOWS 'things'.

Furthermore, because of how the Universe ACTUALLY works there is REALLY only a NOW, so in a sense, ALL 'decision making' and 'KNOWING' is happening or occurring NOW.

But ALL of this is ONLY FULLY UNDERSTOOD when EVERY thing "else" is better or FULLY UNDERSTOOD as well.
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

In the time that this was written, humans were becoming bored of this endless and pointless loop of arguing.

Do we even remember the last conversation that didn’t involve arguing about arguing? Very much like that book simulacrum and simulacra. There is nothing left of substance here.

Time to move on.

Post by Age »

Dimebag wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:39 am In the time that this was written, humans were becoming bored of this endless and pointless loop of arguing.
What does the 'this' word refer to here, EXACTLY?

If it is my last reply, then there was NO 'arguing' AT ALL.

As can be CLEARLY EVIDENCED and PROVEN.

I was asked, "How exactly did that work"?, "How and when a decision was made?", "What was thought, and what that thought put into action", and then a question about "When did that decision happen?"

I just replied to these clarifying question.

SO, there was NO 'arguing' AT ALL.
Dimebag wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:39 am Do we even remember the last conversation that didn’t involve arguing about arguing?
Why are you still reading?

Very much like that book simulacrum and simulacra. There is nothing left of substance here.
Dimebag wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:39 am Time to move on.
You do NOT have to read, and could very easily and very simply just MOVE ON.

Also, do NOT forget what this thread is about.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:14 am This, of course, obviously excludes all of those times when we say either "I believe ..." , or, "My belief is ..." but ACTUALLY MEAN 'I do NOT KNOW, for sure'. See, we can, hypocritically, say, "I believe ...", when ACTUALLY we do NOT 'believe 'it' AT ALL.
I am not seeing it like that at all... maybe this is because I am not a native English speaker (my mother tongue is German)... but if I, for example, would state: "I believe the monkey has eaten the banana",
then my conviction behind the statement is not as strong as saying:
"The monkey has eaten the banana."

If I only assume or consider something being true, then this assumption or belief is more of an "educated guess" (meaning: an estimate based on experience or theoretical knowledge), but it's not a fact.
When I say "I believe the monkey has eaten the banana" I would have not actually observed it eating the banana, but I would have observed the banana being in the monkeys hand, and, maybe a minute later, noticed the empty banana skin lying on the ground... whereas if I would have been continually watching the monkey actually eat the banana, only then would I say: "The monkey has eaten the banana."

If I only believe the monkey has eaten the banana, someone who has actually observed the process of the monkey not eating the banana at all, but throwing it out of the cage to get rid of an annoying/unwanted visitor (or whatever else the monkey might have done), would be able to easily convince me of my assumption/belief being false...

As such, I don't see any hypocrisy in saying "I believe xyz" without actually being perfectly convinced about the truth of the statement - it would rather be hypocritical to say "I have seen XYZ" if I actually only believe that I have seen XYZ... but that's of course just my perspective on how to use the verb "to believe".

Furthermore, one has to bear in mind, that any statement or assumption we make (or belief that we entertain about something) is ever only about a conceptual interpretation, but never about reality itself.
Saying that "The monkey has eaten the banana" is a statement about an interpretation of something that has been directly experienced - but we have to keep in mind that we never actually directly experience an "I" seeing a "monkey" eat a "banana", but all we actually ever directly experience visually is color (which is also a concept, but there is no way to verbally further reduce the direct experience of "seeing").
That this changing field of color in front of our eyes actually is "a monkey eating a banana" is an assumption (or even a "fact") about an interpretation we have come up with, which we have learned and acquired over the years (a baby, for example, has no idea that there is a monkey eating a banana, it only sees shapes of color, which have no deeper meaning at all), but these assumptions/facts can never state something absolutely true about reality itself.
Age wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:14 am because thee One needed a way to become consciously AWARE of 'this', and EVERY thing else, it needed a species like the human one, to evolve, with the ability of the human brain to grasp, hold, and store information.
This might be the case or not... I personally don't think that reality (thee One) itself has any agenda, knowledge of right and wrong or any other kind of specific need - it doesn't need to become "consciously AWARE" as awareness/consciousness is what "thee One" already is.
I think people tend to misinterpret what it means to be "aware of something" (no matter if of self or other) - as I see it, being aware of something is always only possible when conceptual thought is involved - this so called "awareness of" is actually a "thought of/about" something. One is as such not "aware of X" but "thinking of X" - awareness itself is not "of X", but simply is (as awareness and the apparent thing it is meant to be aware of are not two, but one whole).
Age wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:14 am Also, because thee One is the collective of EVERY thing, then ONLY when EVERY thing comes together, as One, to agree on and accept some 'thing', then that is WHEN thee One Truly 'makes decisions' or Truly KNOWS 'things'.
This might be the case or not... I personally don't think that thee One "is the collective of EVERY thing", simply because things are only conceptual interpretations, and reality is not made of such separate things - it already is "not two" and, as such, doesn't have to "come together".
The only "things" that could "come together", or rather: align, are the billions of different conceptual interpretations, assumptions and beliefs that make up human personalities, but, as I see, "hell will freeze over" before this is going to happen :-)
Age wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:14 am Furthermore, because of how the Universe ACTUALLY works there is REALLY only a NOW, so in a sense, ALL 'decision making' and 'KNOWING' is happening or occurring NOW.
I agree with "there is only now", but if one thinks about this a little bit deeper, then the following question might arise:
"How can there be any decision making if there is only now?"
If there is only now - and everything is happing "simultaneously" - then there really can be no process that would require a previous mindset or state A, the making of a decision and the outcome, a mindset or state B. These states as well as the decision would happen simultaneously (or at least: not temporally connected) - and to tell them apart, to align them temporally, one would first have to "invent" time, otherwise these so-called decisions are no decisions at all...
As I see it, decisions again only apply to assumptions we make (or beliefs that we entertain) about a conceptual interpretation of reality, but never about reality itself.
As such, thee One - reality - doesn't make any decisions - a process of decision-making happening is only an assumption/belief we entertain which, again, is based on our conventional interpretation of how reality appears to work.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:29 am

You're lying about me doing that, in order to keep lying that you weren't lying.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:35 am
Age wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:29 am
You're lying about me doing that, in order to keep lying that you weren't lying.
Well if I am, SUPPOSEDLY, lying about you doing that, then PROVE your CLAIM here.

That is; PROVE just ONCE where I have, SUPPOSEDLY, lied.

If you do not, then it is 'you', "atla", who is LYING.