Do thoughts affect reality?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:14 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:52 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:45 am

You OBVIOUSLY do NOT understand words the way I do.

I can NOT be 'wrong' when I say and claim some thing 'sounds like', to me.
This is because this is thee ACTUAL Truth of things.
If some thing 'sounds like' a particular 'thing', then this is EXACTLY what is happening, and what 'it' 'sounds like', to me, and so I am absolutely Right, which could NEVEar be refuted.
Therefore, I could NOT be 'wrong', as you just CLAIMED I am.

If that particular 'thing', however, IS what it 'sounds like', to me, or if it is actually some thing 'else', then this just needs to be looked at and discussed to FIND OUT.

You just saying and claiming, "you're wrong", says and proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

You have made ANOTHER CLAIM here now. So, let us see if you can show and prove WHERE, HOW, and WHY, EXACTLY, I am, SUPPOSEDLY, "wrong" here.

You have FAILED EVERY OTHER TIME. so let us see if you can do it THIS TIME.

We await your reply.
you said 'sounds like', not 'sounds like, to me'. Who can't remember what she has written? It's you who has failed every time, not me, you're a proven liar.
Did you NOT notice where I put the quotation marks?

Where you placed the quotation marks here is, OBVIOUSLY, NOT where I placed them. So, either you are 'trying to' trick and deceive here, or, you just do NOT notice the way I write.

Now, you have made two MORE CLAIMS HERE. So, what have I, supposedly, failed EVERY TIME in, EXACTLY?

And, you also CLAIM that "I am a proven liar", YET, this has NEVER actually been PROVEN, within this forum setting, and 'you', "atla", have CERTAINLY NEVER been able to SHOW nor PROVE IF I have actually lied ANYWHERE, let alone EVER been able to SHOW ANYWHERE where I, SUPPOSEDLY, have.

But please feel FREE to go ahead and 'TRY TO'.

By the way, just ACCUSING "others" of something WITHOUT PROOF, which you continually do, is AGAIN NOT saying ANY thing at all REALLY.
You've been proven a liar in almost every discussion, by almost every poster here, so you're lying about this as well. Just ask them. For example now you are talking about quotation marks, when the issue is that you didn't write 'to me' at all. In other words you are just deflecting, running away because I've just proven you a liar again (for about the 50th time).

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:30 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:52 am
you said 'sounds like', not 'sounds like, to me'. Who can't remember what she has written? It's you who has failed every time, not me, you're a proven liar.

Where you placed the quotation marks here is, OBVIOUSLY, NOT where I placed them. So, either you are 'trying to' trick and deceive here, or, you just do NOT notice the way I write.

Now, you have made two MORE CLAIMS HERE. So, what have I, supposedly, failed EVERY TIME in, EXACTLY?

And, you also CLAIM that "I am a proven liar", YET, this has NEVER actually been PROVEN, within this forum setting, and 'you', "atla", have CERTAINLY NEVER been able to SHOW nor PROVE IF I have actually lied ANYWHERE, let alone EVER been able to SHOW ANYWHERE where I, SUPPOSEDLY, have.

By the way, just ACCUSING "others" of something WITHOUT PROOF, which you continually do, is AGAIN NOT saying ANY thing at all REALLY.
You've been proven a liar in almost every discussion, by almost every poster here, so you're lying about this as well.
WHAT??

'you', "atla", are the ONLY one that has CLAIMED "I am a liar", besides maybe one or two "others". So, your "almost EVERY poster", besides being OBVIOUSLY ABSOLUTELY False, Wrong, and Incorrect, some would say is just a PURE LIE, itself.

Now, just in the one sentence of YOURS you have made three MORE CLAIMS.

Have I REALLY been PROVEN a liar in "almost EVERY discussion"? If yes, then it should be about one of the most easiest things for you to back up and support this CLAIM of yours here with ACTUAL PROOF. So, let us SEE if you can ACTUALLY do it.

Let us also SEE if you can PROVE that "almost EVERY poster" here has PROVEN 'me' to be LIAR.

And then, you go move onto SHOWING and PROVING what 'this' IS, which you CLAIM I am LYING about AS WELL.

You have FAILED EVERY OTHER TIME, so far, so let us SEE if you are ABLE TO, THIS TIME.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:30 am Just ask them.
This kind of talk is an example of EVIDENCE that it is you who is LYING here.

Do you REALLY expect me to go and ask "almost EVERY poster" here in this forum if they have proven me to be a liar or not?

If yes, then you are MORE deluded then I first thought.

Also, who goes out of there way to go and PROVE the CLAIMS of "another", especially when the "other" is making the types of CLAIMS that you are here?
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:30 am For example now you are talking about quotation marks, when the issue is that you didn't write 'to me' at all.
And here you have, ONCE AGAIN, CHANGED what was being talked about and discussed, which is the trait of those who are CONTINUALLY 'trying to' LIE and/or DECEIVE.

I KNOW I NEVER wrote, 'to me'. I wrote the way I did for a VERY SPECIFIC PURPOSE. The quotation marks I USED CLEARLY separated what I was MEANING. Remember it was you who USED the quotations marks DIFFERENTLY from how I did, and you did this to CHANGE the way I wrote. Are you NOT YET AWARE just one MISPLACED comma can effect the WHOLE MEANING of a sentence? If you are not, then you are NOW. And, the placement of quotation marks can also CHANGE the WHOLE MEANING of sentences. Just in case you were UNAWARE of this also. By the way, do NOT forget we are in a PHILOSOPHY FORUM, where WORDS, their placement, and punctuation is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than they are in OTHER forums/websites.

You PURPOSELY or unintentionally CHANGED the quotation marks when you COPIED ME. So, AFTER you are Honest about this FACT, then we can start discussing WHY that happened.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:30 am In other words you are just deflecting, running away because I've just proven you a liar again (for about the 50th time).
LOL Okay. If that is EXACTLY WHAT "I am", and "am doing", to 'me', then that is PERFECTLY FINE with 'me'.

By the way, WHY, EXACTLY, would I be "running away", this time, supposedly, BECAUSE you have proven me a liar AGAIN, on the LOL "50th time"?

WHY did I NOT leave on ANY of the other forty nine times?

Also, do NOT forget that on EVERY one of those occasions you have NOT YET even SHOWN WHERE I have, SUPPOSEDLY, lied, EXACTLY, let alone SHOWED WHAT the ACTUAL "lie" is SUPPOSED TO BE.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:56 am

You've been proven a liar in almost every discussion, by almost every poster here, so you're lying about this as well.
WHAT??

'you', "atla", are the ONLY one that has CLAIMED "I am a liar", besides maybe one or two "others". So, your "almost EVERY poster", besides being OBVIOUSLY ABSOLUTELY False, Wrong, and Incorrect, some would say is just a PURE LIE, itself.

Have I REALLY been PROVEN a liar in "almost EVERY discussion"? If yes, then it should be about one of the most easiest things for you to back up and support this CLAIM of yours here with ACTUAL PROOF. So, let us SEE if you can ACTUALLY do it.

Let us also SEE if you can PROVE that "almost EVERY poster" here has PROVEN 'me' to be LIAR.

And then, you go move onto SHOWING and PROVING what 'this' IS, which you CLAIM I am LYING about AS WELL.

You have FAILED EVERY OTHER TIME, so far, so let us SEE if you are ABLE TO, THIS TIME.

Do you REALLY expect me to go and ask "almost EVERY poster" here in this forum if they have proven me to be a liar or not?

Also, who goes out of there way to go and PROVE the CLAIMS of "another", especially when the "other" is making the types of CLAIMS that you are here?
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:30 am For example now you are talking about quotation marks, when the issue is that you didn't write 'to me' at all.
And here you have, ONCE AGAIN, CHANGED what was being talked about and discussed, which is the trait of those who are CONTINUALLY 'trying to' LIE and/or DECEIVE.

I KNOW I NEVER wrote, 'to me'. I wrote the way I did for a VERY SPECIFIC PURPOSE. The quotation marks I USED CLEARLY separated what I was MEANING. Remember it was you who USED the quotations marks DIFFERENTLY from how I did, and you did this to CHANGE the way I wrote. Are you NOT YET AWARE just one MISPLACED comma can effect the WHOLE MEANING of a sentence? If you are not, then you are NOW. And, the placement of quotation marks can also CHANGE the WHOLE MEANING of sentences. Just in case you were UNAWARE of this also. By the way, do NOT forget we are in a PHILOSOPHY FORUM, where WORDS, their placement, and punctuation is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than they are in OTHER forums/websites.

You PURPOSELY or unintentionally CHANGED the quotation marks when you COPIED ME. So, AFTER you are Honest about this FACT, then we can start discussing WHY that happened.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:30 am In other words you are just deflecting, running away because I've just proven you a liar again (for about the 50th time).
LOL Okay. If that is EXACTLY WHAT "I am", and "am doing", to 'me', then that is PERFECTLY FINE with 'me'.

By the way, WHY, EXACTLY, would I be "running away", this time, supposedly, BECAUSE you have proven me a liar AGAIN, on the LOL "50th time"?

Also, do NOT forget that on EVERY one of those occasions you have NOT YET even SHOWN WHERE I have, SUPPOSEDLY, lied, EXACTLY, let alone SHOWED WHAT the ACTUAL "lie" is SUPPOSED TO BE.
Too long, didn't read. More dishonest behaviour, evasion, running away from you, again you made 10 issues from one. Pathetic liar.

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:18 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 am I NEITHER believe NOR disbelieve ANY thing is true.

Therefore, I am NOT the one that could EVER be STUCK.
sounds like a belief to me...
I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY that 'that' would 'sound like' a BELIEF, to SOME human beings. Especially to those ones who BELIEVE that 'we' HAVE TO HAVE BELIEFS.

But, just because some 'thing' 'sounds like' some 'thing', to some people, this, in itself, does NOT mean that that 'thing' is actually occurring or happening.

ONLY through CLARIFICATION and OPENNESS can thee Truth be found here
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:18 am If you don’t believe this is a belief, that’s fine too.
You can NOT YET seem to UNDERSTAND that I could NEVER " 'not believe' this is a belief" BECAUSE I NEITHER believe NOR dis-or not believe ANY thing.

The EXTREMELY SIMPLE REASON WHY I NEITHER believe nor disbelieve/not believe ANY thing is SIMPLY BECAUSE I have CHOSEN NOT to do either things. I have CHOSEN NOT to do either BECAUSE of the negative consequences of what happens to one when they BELIEVE or DISBELIEVE some 'thing' is true.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:07 am
WHAT??

Too long, didn't read. More dishonest behaviour, evasion, running away from you, again you made 10 issues from one. Pathetic liar.
You, SUPPOSEDLY, "didn't read", AGAIN. YET, you, SOMEHOW, KNOW or BELIEVE that there is; "more dishonest behavior", "evasion", "running away from you", AND that I "made 10 issues from one", in that post, which you, "didn't read". AND LOL it is 'me' who is, SUPPOSEDLY, the "pathetic liar" here.

From my perspective, what 'you', "atla", have been saying here about 'LYING' and 'A LIAR' is a PRIME EXAMPLE of what is known as and called 'projecting'.

By the way, some have NOTICED that the EXCUSE you used for NOT, supposedly, reading my post here is about one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:21 am

WHAT??

You, SUPPOSEDLY, "didn't read", AGAIN. YET, you, SOMEHOW, KNOW or BELIEVE that there is; "more dishonest behavior", "evasion", "running away from you", AND that I "made 10 issues from one", in that post, which you, "didn't read". AND LOL it is 'me' who is, SUPPOSEDLY, the "pathetic liar" here.

From my perspective, what 'you', "atla", have been saying here about 'LYING' and 'A LIAR' is a PRIME EXAMPLE of what is known as and called 'projecting'.

By the way, some have NOTICED that the EXCUSE you used for NOT, supposedly, reading my post here is about one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around.
And Age the liar lies some more. "some have NOTICED" who? :) do you have proof? no you don't, you were just lying.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:31 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:21 am

And Age the liar lies some more. "some have NOTICED" who? :) do you have proof? no you don't, you were just lying.
LOL It is now PROVEN, once and for ALL, that what is, SUPPOSEDLY, "proven" here exists SOLELY within that head.

And, if thee Truth be KNOWN I HAVE IRREFUTABLE Truth.

Furthermore, if ANY MORE EVIDENCED is NEEDED that 'thoughts can effect reality', then just read the last sentence here written by the one known as "atla" here.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:37 am LOL It is now PROVEN, once and for ALL, that what is, SUPPOSEDLY, "proven" here exists SOLELY within that head.

Furthermore, if ANY MORE EVIDENCED is NEEDED that 'thoughts can effect reality', then just read the last sentence here written by the one known as "atla" here.
It was proven again that Age the liar deflects as usual, when asked to prove her lie.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:44 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:37 am LOL It is now PROVEN, once and for ALL, that what is, SUPPOSEDLY, "proven" here exists SOLELY within that head.

It was proven again that Age the liar deflects as usual, when asked to prove her lie.
LOL What do you mean "asked to prove my lie"?

You ALREADY ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION, AND, there is NO other correct answer other than the one you have, maintain, and gave, correct?

By the way, usually one is asked to prove the claim/s they make, and VERY RARELY one is asked to prove the lie/s they, supposedly, make. So, what is 'it', EXACTLY, that you want me to prove here?

Also, to be able to obtain and SEE thee ACTUAL Truth of some 'thing', one HAS TO BE OPEN to 'It'.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:03 am

You ALREADY ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION, AND, there is NO other correct answer other than the one you have, maintain, and gave, correct?

By the way, usually one is asked to prove the claim/s they make, and VERY RARELY one is asked to prove the lie/s they, supposedly, make. So, what is 'it', EXACTLY, that you want me to prove here?

Also, to be able to obtain and SEE thee ACTUAL Truth of some 'thing', one HAS TO BE OPEN to 'It'.
That's about 4 more evasions from Age instead of a proof.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Poor Age can't just admit that she's hearing voices. The doctors would be very displeased that all this time she made no progress at all.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:07 am

WHAT do you want proof for, EXACTLY?

If it is for my CLAIM that, 'some have NOTICED that the EXCUSE you used for NOT, supposedly, reading my post here is about one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around', then just say so. But if it is for some 'thing' else, then, AGAIN, just say so.

And, how MANY of your CLAIMS have you proved?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:13 am Poor Age can't just admit that she's hearing voices. The doctors would be very displeased that all this time she made no progress at all.
REALLY?

This type of attempting to RIDICULE and DISCREDIT "another", in a PHILOSOPHY forum of all places.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:40 am

If it is for my CLAIM that, 'some have NOTICED that the EXCUSE you used for NOT, supposedly, reading my post here is about one of the WEAKEST EXCUSES around', then just say so. But if it is for some 'thing' else, then, AGAIN, just say so.

That's the one, but I already said that. So who are these "some"?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:46 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:40 am

That's the one, but I already said that. So who are these "some"?
How many does the word 'some' refer to, to you?