Do thoughts affect reality?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

AlexW

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 am Or, how do adult human beings HEAR what their babies are SAYING? These adults OBVIOUSLY can NOT understand the "words" that come out.

Now, the EXACT SAME principle applies to ALL parents of new born babies, they do NOT understand ONE "word" that comes out of a new born babies mouth. But these parents can VERY QUICKLY work out what the baby's WANTS and NEEDS.

Now, IF you WANT to LOOK INTO this more deeply, and DISCUSS this further, then just let me KNOW.
Babies don’t talk.
It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?
Here’s a short baby manual for you:
Baby cries and smells like poo —> change nappies
Baby cries and doesn’t smell like poo —> feed baby
Baby doesn’t cry and has eyes closed —> baby asleep
Baby doesn’t cry and has eyes open —> play with baby (or simply be happy it doesn’t cry)
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 am Yes, IF and WHEN I have NO beliefs.

IF, however, I choose to BELIEVE some thing, then that statement is NOT a fact.
:shock:

So when exactly do you have beliefs and when don’t you?
Does it depend on the time of day? Or maybe on the month or season?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:26 pm
Age wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 am Or, how do adult human beings HEAR what their babies are SAYING? These adults OBVIOUSLY can NOT understand the "words" that come out.

Now, the EXACT SAME principle applies to ALL parents of new born babies, they do NOT understand ONE "word" that comes out of a new born babies mouth. But these parents can VERY QUICKLY work out what the baby's WANTS and NEEDS.

Now, IF you WANT to LOOK INTO this more deeply, and DISCUSS this further, then just let me KNOW.
Babies don’t talk.
It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?
Well considering this is EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE, then it was VERY OBVIOUS, correct?
AlexW wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:26 pm Here’s a short baby manual for you:
Baby cries and smells like poo —> change nappies
Baby cries and doesn’t smell like poo —> feed baby
Baby doesn’t cry and has eyes closed —> baby asleep
Baby doesn’t cry and has eyes open —> play with baby (or simply be happy it doesn’t cry)
So, what are you saying here?

Are you saying and suggesting that THIS IS IT, and that there is NOTHING ELSE to LOOK AT and DISCUSS?

If yes, then okay.

But if no, then what did you want me to LOOK AT and DISCUSS?

Also, the 'manual', which was provided above, is a PRIME EXAMPLE of WHY the 'world' is such the mess it is in, in the days when this was written.

If this is what the adult human beings consider being a human being is, in the earlier stages of a growing/evolving human being, then there is no wonder HOW and WHY those human beings ended up bickering, quarreling, arguing, fighting, and killing each other when they got older.

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:27 pm
Age wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 am Yes, IF and WHEN I have NO beliefs.

IF, however, I choose to BELIEVE some thing, then that statement is NOT a fact.
:shock:

So when exactly do you have beliefs and when don’t you?
As I EXPLAINED to you EARLIER, WHEN, exactly, I HAD beliefs was BEFORE someone TOLD me that they would NOT BELIEVE me even if I PRESENTED them with thee ACTUAL (absolute and irrefutable) Truth to them.

WHEN, exactly, I do NOT have beliefs was AFTER that moment, relatively shortly AFTER that EXPERIENCE with that person, and FOREVER AFTER that moment.
AlexW wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:27 pm Does it depend on the time of day? Or maybe on the month or season?
So you will be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, when I say; 'I do NOT have ANY beliefs', then this means from that time when I chose NOT to have ANY beliefs, until the time I then chose to have ONE BELIEF, and then FOREVER AFTER.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:19 pm So you will be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, when I say; 'I do NOT have ANY beliefs', then this means from that time when I chose NOT to have ANY beliefs, until the time I then chose to have ONE BELIEF, and then FOREVER AFTER.
So what exactly is this "ONE BELIEF" that you believe to be true right now?
Let me guess... It's the belief you don't have any beliefs! :-)

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:21 am
Age wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:19 pm So you will be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, when I say; 'I do NOT have ANY beliefs', then this means from that time when I chose NOT to have ANY beliefs, until the time I then chose to have ONE BELIEF, and then FOREVER AFTER.
To BELIEVE that would just be plain absurd and illogical, to me. Does it NOT seem illogical to you?

I BELIEVE in the Self's ability to achieve and create what It sets out to create and achieve.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:59 am
To BELIEVE that would just be plain absurd and illogical, to me. Does it NOT seem illogical to you?

I BELIEVE in the Self's ability to achieve and create what It sets out to create and achieve.
OK... what is this "Self" and what does it want to achieve?
Are you sure that it really has a plan to achieve something specific?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:40 am
Age wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:59 am

OK... what is this "Self" and what does it want to achieve?
This Self, or Being, is the combination, or collective, of ALL beings, or selves.

Which WILL become to be KNOWN as thee Mind, Itself.

Peace AND Harmony, for ALL.
AlexW wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:40 am Are you sure that it really has a plan to achieve something specific?
Yes.