Liar Liar

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

VVilliam

Liar Liar

Post by VVilliam »

Recently I was accused of purposefully lying. Simple because I have different opinions that those of my accuser, and shared them.

My opinions are simply based upon the ongoing data I have been receiving and sorting out over the course of the years of my life experience as a human being. That does not mean they are 'lies' or that I am 'purposefully misleading others' by sharing said opinion.

If I am to be judged, I will await that day rather than accept the judgements against me by my current accusers who value their own opinions over mine by throwing pooh at that which they feel threaten by.

["Pooh"="Liar Liar" expression of opinion]

The way I see it, if my accusers have information which can show me the error of my way, and they keep that to themselves, then regardless my opinion is not the truth, my intention was not to spread misinformation but to simply give my opinion [like everyone else does] and I do so with all sincerely so am innocent of any wrong doing.

If my accusers are unwilling to share their information with me, which [they claim] can 'put me right' , then they will be judged for withholding information from me which they could have shown.

Some pretend that they have given me that information, but I have refused to accept it - when you ask them to clearly point out this information they allege they have given me, they begin to subtle abuse tactics ...but still produce no information.

So 'who' is the "liar liar" really? The accessor? Not the accused?
commonsense

Re: Liar Liar

Post by commonsense »

In what thread were you accused of lying?
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:49 pm In what thread were you accused of lying?
Oh, I have been told many times. But I only once mildly complain about it. Who cares? :mrgreen:
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:49 pm In what thread were you accused of lying?
The thread of life.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:54 pm
Oh, I have been told many times. But I only once mildly complain about it. Who cares? :mrgreen:
But, I mean, if I were to say that I think disco sucks, how could anyone accuse me of lying? My opinions are known to me, not only about disco, but about everything else. If I really were lying about a dislike of disco, I should think that no one else would know that.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:06 pm
bahman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:54 pm
But, I mean, if I were to say that I think disco sucks, how could anyone accuse me of lying?

Easy. They just will themselves to do so, and act upon that.
My opinions are known to me, not only about disco, but about everything else. If I really were lying about a dislike of disco, I should think that no one else would know that.
It is enough that the one knows about it, yes?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

VVilliam wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:16 pm Easy. They just will themselves to do so, and act upon that.

So at this point your accusers might say that you are lying because you don’t believe [that disco sucks]. Is that what they do?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

VVilliam wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:16 pm
Do you mean enough that one knows about the truth of the matter?
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:35 pm
VVilliam wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:16 pm
Do you mean enough that one knows about the truth of the matter?
For ones self - yes.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

If you give your opinion and believe it’s the truth, then you may be mistaken but not a liar.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:01 pm If you give your opinion and believe it’s the truth, then you may be mistaken but not a liar.
The way I see it, if my accusers have information which can show me the error of my way, and they keep that to themselves, then regardless my opinion is not the truth, my intention was not to spread misinformation [be a liar] but to simply give my opinion [like everyone else does] and I do so with all sincerely so am innocent of any wrong doing.[lying]