Mind is uncaused cause

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Mind is uncaused cause

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:01 am
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:00 am
bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:49 am
What is your problem with what I stated?
The EXACT SAME 'problems', which I have ALREADY addressed ALL of the OTHER TIMES in my clarifying questions posed to 'you' here.
Could you please rewrite it?
LOL You expect me to NOT expect you to reread what I have ALREADY WRITTEN and ASKED YOU. But now you EXPECT me to REWRITE them for you.

You have got to be joking, right?

You have ALREADY SHOWN that you do NOT become ANY wiser the second or third time I pose the SAME questions to you, so I have NO reason whatsoever to just keep rewriting things for you.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:14 am
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:00 am

The EXACT SAME 'problems', which I have ALREADY addressed ALL of the OTHER TIMES in my clarifying questions posed to 'you' here.
LOL You expect me to NOT expect you to reread what I have ALREADY WRITTEN and ASKED YOU. But now you EXPECT me to REWRITE them for you.

You have ALREADY SHOWN that you do NOT become ANY wiser the second or third time I pose the SAME questions to you, so I have NO reason whatsoever to just keep rewriting things for you.
Ohh come on. Give it a try and tell me where I am wrong. That should be shorter than what you already wrote in this post if you think it is very evident.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:16 am

Ohh come on. Give it a try and tell me where I am wrong. That should be shorter than what you already wrote in this post if you think it is very evident.
YOUR INABILITY TO DEFINE what a mind IS is WHERE you are WRONG.

WHEN YOU CLAIM that, "we ARE minds", BUT ALSO CLAIM that, "we HAVE minds" is WHERE you are WRONG.

Along with the countless OTHER TIMES that YOU ARE WRONG.

But let us START with those TWO FIRST.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 am

I already defined the mind. What is wrong with that? What do you not understand?
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 am WHEN YOU CLAIM that, "we ARE minds", BUT ALSO CLAIM that, "we HAVE minds" is WHERE you are WRONG.
That I already clarified. By we are minds I mean we are the things that I defined as mind. We of course have the body too. By we have minds I mean that we humans have minds, and also bodies.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 am Along with the countless OTHER TIMES that YOU ARE WRONG.
Off-topic.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 am But let us START with those TWO FIRST.
Ok.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:43 am
I already defined the mind. What is wrong with that? What do you not understand?
You CLAIM "mind is substance". That is NOT saying what 'mind', itself, IS.

LOOK, How else do 'you' define 'mind'?

What can be CLEARLY SEEN is that 'you' can NOT definitely pin down what 'mind' IS. So, that is WHERE 'you' are WRONG.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 am WHEN YOU CLAIM that, "we ARE minds", BUT ALSO CLAIM that, "we HAVE minds" is WHERE you are WRONG.
That I already clarified. By we are minds I mean we are the things that I defined as mind. We of course have the body too. By we have minds I mean that we humans have minds, and also bodies.
You are ONLY convoluting AND contradicting "your" OWN 'self' here.

Can you REALLY STILL NOT YET SEE the CONTRADICTION here?

If yes, then this is WHERE you are WRONG.

But if no, then this is WHERE you are WRONG, as well.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 am Along with the countless OTHER TIMES that YOU ARE WRONG.
Off-topic.
Ok.
Well you have only SHOWN "yourself" to be MORE WRONG.

Once again, HOW can 'you' be 'a mind' as well as 'have a mind'?

You OBVIOUSLY can NOT be both. It this YET understood by 'you'?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:03 am
You CLAIM "mind is substance". That is NOT saying what 'mind', itself, IS.
A substance is something that exists and can affect reality.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:03 am LOOK, How else do 'you' define 'mind'?

What can be CLEARLY SEEN is that 'you' can NOT definitely pin down what 'mind' IS. So, that is WHERE 'you' are WRONG.
I stick with what I have. Let me know if a part is not clear.
You are ONLY convoluting AND contradicting "your" OWN 'self' here.

Can you REALLY STILL NOT YET SEE the CONTRADICTION here?

If yes, then this is WHERE you are WRONG.

But if no, then this is WHERE you are WRONG, as well.
There is nothing wrong here. Tell me what is wrong.
Off-topic.
Ok.
Well you have only SHOWN "yourself" to be MORE WRONG.

Once again, HOW can 'you' be 'a mind' as well as 'have a mind'?

You OBVIOUSLY can NOT be both. It this YET understood by 'you'?
Oh, come on.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

bahman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:27 am This is pretty simple. We can freely decide (let's assume that there is free will for the sake of discussion). Our decision, therefore, is not caused by something else since otherwise, they are not free. Therefore, we are uncaused cause.

You could be right. The mind is paranormal and may be magic.