Mind is uncaused cause

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Mind is uncaused cause

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:20 am
bahman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:48 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am
LOOK, if you NEVER answer the actual CLARIFYING questions posed to you, by 'me' and by "others", then 'you' are just REVEALING how little you REALLY do KNOW.

As I have said to you previously what you are 'trying to' say here can be expressed in a completely agreeable, acceptable, and irrefutable way. But if you do not want to budge from thinking and speaking the way you are, then please carry on. You are only PROVING my claims anyway.

Now:

If there is 'mind' that controls bodies, then;
What bodies does 'it' control?
This questing does not make sense to me.
Okay. Then this is the end of this correct?

You have OBVIOUSLY SHOWN ZERO INTEREST in comprehending and understanding more, so is it best for 'you' that we just leave it here?

But for rest of 'you', readers, who have some interest here:

"bahman" wrote;
"The mind that controls the body".

I asked;
What bodies does 'it' [the "mind" here] control?

Which could be, but not limited to, 'planetary bodies', 'earthling bodies', 'animal bodies', 'human bodies', and/or ANY or EVERY one of 'these'?

How else could my question be taken?

Also, I suggest if some 'thing' does NOT make sense to 'you', then ask CLARIFYING QUESTIONS. That is; BUT ONLY if you are INTERESTED in learning more and becoming wiser. Otherwise, just say something like you have here.

SEE, I do NOT just accept 'things' just because they are written nor said, like 'you'.

I need to SEE clarity and proof, and without this what one is saying/claiming is NOT necessarily ANY 'thing' AT ALL, REALLY.
I see what do you mean. It depends on whose mind you are talking about. There are minds who knows more so they control more bodies. There are minds like mine that control one body.
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am How many of these 'minds' are there?
Many.
How many bodies do EACH one of these "many minds" control?
Normally it is one to one. But one mind can control more than one body.
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am And,
Did this 'mind' or these 'minds' exist before say a human body comes into Existence?
The mind is not due to the form of matter like the human form therefore it existed before humanity and will exist after humanity.
Okay, but WHY do you now say "it".

Either there are "many minds", and therefore they would be referred to as "they" and NOT "it", correct?
There are many minds but each has existed and will exist forever.
Okay. Where does the 'mind' come from, EXACTLY?
Mind doesn't come from anything. It simply exists.
AGAIN, WHY do you now write as though there is just ONE "mind"?
Minds don't come from anything. They simply exist.
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am You tell 'us' that there are "many minds". So, have these "many minds" ALWAYS simply co-existed together FOREVER?
Yes.
But, If I say, "that the matter is alive", then you will STILL NOT believe that there is emergence, correct?
Sorry. I should have said that "Unless you say that the matter is alive so human can be alive.
BUT, if I say, "that the matter is alive so human can be alive", then you will STILL NOT believe that there is emergence, correct?
No. Matter is alive and human is alive also. So life is poping out of dead matter.
bahman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:48 pm Again there is no emergence.
Therefore, it would NOT matter what I SAID NOR DID and SHOWED you, to you, "There is NO emergence", FULL STOP, correct?
There is no emergence.
bahman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:48 pm In here I mean that matter is alive and as matter of fact human for example alive. Life cannot just pop out of something which doesn't have life. By life, I mean the ability to experience and cause.
Sounds very much like 'emergence', to 'me'. But, "There is NO emergence", to 'you', correct?
What sounds like an emergence to you?
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am By the way, I say, 'matter is alive', anyway. But, as I continually say, I do LOOK AT and SEE 'things' VERY DIFFERENTLY from 'you', adult human beings.
How do you see it?
What is 'it'?

How do you SEE 'it'?
You said that you see things very differently. I asked how do you see it differently?
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am LOL

The word 'your' implies ownership.
Therefore, if and when you say, "your mind is unconditioned", then it is OBVIOUSLY 'conditioned' on 'me'.

The saying, "your mind", in relation to the mind being uncaused, is CIRCULAR reasoning at the ABSURD and RIDICULOUS level.

And, saying ANY 'thing' like, "some 'thing' is unconditioned, it is not free otherwise", does NOT, and I will repeat DOES NOT, prove that 'that' is unconditioned. The last part of your sentence here is COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY and just a way people FOOLS "themselves" into BELIEVING something is true.

It is ANOTHER EXAMPLE of circular reasoning, by the way.
Do you know what conditioned mean?
NOT from YOUR perspective. So, what does the word 'conditioned' here mean, to 'you'?
Conditioned: Have a significant influence on so the behavior is the result of influence.

SO, 'you' do NOT 'decide' and it is "your" "mind" that decides, correct?
I am mind and body. The mind decides, the body does.
So, ONCE AGAIN, for I FORGET how many times now, HOW is it even POSSIBLE for BOTH to exist? That is; To be 'a mind' AND To have 'a mind'?

In other words, HOW can 'you' be 'a mind' AS WELL AS have 'a mind'?

ONLY UNTIL you can answer this question can you then MOVE FORWARD.

SEE, what thee One and ONLY True and ACTUAL Answer IS is ALREADY KNOWN. I am just SHOWING just how far you are AWAY from being able to obtain THIS ANSWER.
Of course that is not true.
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am If this is correct, then WHY can you NOT control "your mind"? If it is "your mind", then surely you have control over what you own, right?
There are Spiritual Beings who have control over my mind and body.
LOL So you are now just convoluting this EVEN MORE.

Let us LOOK AT what you have said so far.

"You are a mind", "you have a mind", "the mind is uncaused", "the mind makes the decisions, and completely free ones at that", BUT, "there are Spiritual Beings who ACTUALLY have control over "my" mind and body".

The MORE 'you' talk, the MORE confused you appear here.

Oh, and by the way, thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' is SO MUCH SIMPLER than you could even imagine at the moment. You just can NOT YET SEE this because you are JUST SO BLINDED by your OWN COMPLETELY DELUDED and DISTORTED BELIEFS here.
By controling my mind I mean that they are able to put thoughts in my mind but directly instead of indirectly.
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am But, if it is NOT "your mind" that decides and it is actually 'you', then this CONFLICTS and CONTRADICTS with what you have said and CLAIMED here.
What is "you"?
THANK YOU PROFUSELY for A clarifying question.

'you' are the individual 'thoughts' and 'internal/emotional feelings' within and individual human body. And, by the way, this is NOT what thee 'Mind' IS.
So basically you are emotions and thoughts.
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am Therefore, you 'have to' ACCEPT that either what you have said here is SELF-CONTRADICTORY and just PLAIN WRONG or that 'you' have absolutely NO control over the decisions made within that head.
I am right of course.
LOL OF COURSE 'you' are to 'you'.

'you' OBVIOUSLY would NOT be talking the way 'you' are unless 'you' ASSUMED and BELIEVED WHOLEHEARTEDLY that 'you' ARE RIGHT.

The issue, however, which I have POINTED OUT, HIGHLIGHTED, and SHONE a BRIGHT LIGHT is that what is ASSUMED and BELIEVED to be 'right' here is OBVIOUSLY just PLAIN self-contradictory AND ABSURD.
Ok. let's discuss things to see if I can change your mind.
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am So, which one is it?
I already elaborated.
LOL You do NOT even 'try to' hide YOUR LIES and DECEPTIONS now.

So, WHERE EXACTLY did 'you', supposedly and allegedly, "elaborate"?
All things that I have said.
Age wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am Besides being ABSOLUTE circular reasoning, AGAIN, this is ALSO faulty reasoning in that it does NOT logically follow NOR back up and support what 'it' is that you are SO DESPERATELY 'trying to' CLAIM here.
So you believe that that is the thing that causes and decide is noting.
NO.

In case you have NOT YET BEEN MADE AWARE - I neither believe nor disbelieve ANY thing.
You are not answering my question. What is that thing which decides and causes in you? Nothing or something?

Like I said previously, the MORE you write the MORE circular, absurd, and ridiculous 'you' become and get. But this is NOT because of 'you' correct, as this is "your mind" to blame, right? It is "your mind", which is making the DECISION here to use these words, correct?
Where is the circularity?
INSTEAD of 'trying to' DEFLECT, just ANSWER Honestly the clarifying questions I pose to 'you', then the CIRCULARITY becomes CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Also saying;
Some 'thing' exists is not conditioned.
Therefore, that 'thing' is not due to something "else".

Is PURE CIRCULAR reasoning.

NOTHING SAID is PROVING ANY 'thing' here.

It is ALL just here say and just YOUR BELIEF ONLY.
It is not circular if you understand the meaning of conditioned since something whose very existence is due to something else is conditioned.
Age wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:18 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:18 pm OF COURSE, but SO WHAT?
So there is no emergence.
But that does NOT logically follow AT ALL.
Of course it follows.
Age wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:18 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:18 pm LOL

So, if property of parts change, then the whole is CHANGING.

Therefore, the whole is EMERGING.

So, you just DEFEATED your OWN CLAIM here.

But you can NOT SEE this, correct?
Again, there is no emergence.
We ALREADY KNOW what you ASSUME and BELIEVE is true here.

Your COMPLETE and UTTER INABILITY to back up and support YOUR ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS is just what I have sought out to SHOW.

I want to do this because this is ACTUAL PROOF of just HOW the brain works, when under the CONTROL of the BELIEF-system.
That is you who are not able to understand. I am plain and clear.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:47 pm That is you who are not able to understand. I am plain and clear.
If you are so plain and clear, then WHY can NOT one person fully understand you here?

Why does NO one agree with you here?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:02 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:47 pm That is you who are not able to understand. I am plain and clear.
If you are so plain and clear, then WHY can NOT one person fully understand you here?

Who else except you? Moreover, people are not a measure of righteousness.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:44 pm

Who else except you?
EVERY one else.

Who do you say agrees with you here?
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:44 pm Moreover, people are not a measure of righteousness.
If they are not, then who and/or what is, EXACTLY?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:58 pm

Who else except you?
EVERY one else.
So you can read people mind?
Age wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:02 pm Who do you say agrees with you here?
I don't know.
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:44 pm Moreover, people are not a measure of righteousness.
Thoses who are correct.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:37 pm
Who else except you?
EVERY one else.
LOL The actual amount of times 'you' contradict what you have previously written is amusing to WATCH and OBSERVE.

Do people HAVE mind?

By the way, when, and IF, you ever learn what the Mind is EXACTLY, then you will KNOW and SEE how "reading minds" is a misnomer.
I don't know.
Okay, so it is POSSIBLE that NO one agrees with you here, correct?
Thoses who are correct.
If "thoses" are NOT people, then who or what are "thoses"?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:54 pm
EVERY one else.
LOL The actual amount of times 'you' contradict what you have previously written is amusing to WATCH and OBSERVE.

Do people HAVE mind?

By the way, when, and IF, you ever learn what the Mind is EXACTLY, then you will KNOW and SEE how "reading minds" is a misnomer.
I don't know.
Thoses who are correct.
These are really off topic. Do you want to discuss the OP?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:56 pm

Do people HAVE mind?

I don't know.
Thoses who are correct.
So, I am TRYING TO ascertain from 'you' about what 'you' think or believe the 'mind' is EXACTLY, so that we can then move on to finding out if YOUR definition of what 'mind' IS, (whatever 'that' IS), is caused or uncaused. But you class this as being "really off topic".

So be it. EVERY one has DIFFERENT ways of DEFLECTING when they are NOT able to CLARIFY what they propose and/or NOT able to back up and support their CLAIMS. This is OBVIOUSLY just another one of YOUR ways of DEFLECTING "bahman".

By the way, I have ALREADY SHOWN the MANY ERRORS in YOUR opening post. But you BELIEVE 100% without a shadow of doubt that YOUR opening post IS CORRECT and FAULTLESS, correct?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:15 am

Do people HAVE mind?

So, I am TRYING TO ascertain from 'you' about what 'you' think or believe the 'mind' is EXACTLY, so that we can then move on to finding out if YOUR definition of what 'mind' IS, (whatever 'that' IS), is caused or uncaused. But you class this as being "really off topic".

So be it. EVERY one has DIFFERENT ways of DEFLECTING when they are NOT able to CLARIFY what they propose and/or NOT able to back up and support their CLAIMS. This is OBVIOUSLY just another one of YOUR ways of DEFLECTING "bahman".
Ok, the mind is a substance with the ability to experience, freely decide, and cause. What I am claiming is that the mind is the uncaused cause because it can freely decide. Do you want me to elaborate?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:19 am

Ok, the mind is a substance with the ability to experience, freely decide, and cause. What I am claiming is that the mind is the uncaused cause because it can freely decide. Do you want me to elaborate?
Yes.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:23 am

Yes.
By mind being free I mean that the mind can make a free decision in a situation with well-defined options. A free decision then follows to be an unconditional thing meaning that it does not depend on anything else but the mind which causes it so the existence of a free decision depends on the mind only. Therefore, the mind is uncaused caused since otherwise, its very existence would depend on something else and its decision also would be due to something else.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:44 am
Yes.
By mind being free I mean that the mind can make a free decision in a situation with well-defined options. A free decision then follows to be an unconditional thing meaning that it does not depend on anything else but the mind which causes it so the existence of a free decision depends on the mind only. Therefore, the mind is uncaused caused since otherwise, its very existence would depend on something else and its decision also would be due to something else.
'you' REALLY do have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA AT ALL about what has been and is ACTUALLY happening here between 'you' and 'I' correct?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:48 am
Yes.
'you' REALLY do have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA AT ALL about what has been and is ACTUALLY happening here between 'you' and 'I' correct?
What is your problem with what I stated?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:49 am
The EXACT SAME 'problems', which I have ALREADY addressed ALL of the OTHER TIMES in my clarifying questions posed to 'you' here.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:00 am
bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:49 am

The EXACT SAME 'problems', which I have ALREADY addressed ALL of the OTHER TIMES in my clarifying questions posed to 'you' here.
Could you please rewrite it?