Oneness cannot be completely explained using words.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: Oneness cannot be completely explained using words.

Post by surreptitious57 »

Skepdick wrote:
where does this Philosophy thing exist exactly ?
On philosophy forums / in philosophy departments / in philosophy books and magazines
in the minds of philosophers / in the minds of non philosophers when doing philosophy
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:50 pm On philosophy forums / in philosophy departments / in philosophy books and magazines
in the minds of philosophers / in the minds of non philosophers when doing philosophy
So on philosophy forums, in philosophy departments in philosophy books and magazines.
In the minds of philosophers, or people who do philosophy the concept of "frompulteft" does not exist?!?!?

The concept exists in your mind and in my mind!
It exists on this forum now!

We created it b talking about it.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Skepdick wrote:
So on philosophy forums in philosophy departments in philosophy books and magazines
In the minds of philosophers or people who do philosophy the concept of frompulteft does not exist ?

The concept exists in your mind and in my mind !
It exists on this forum now !
It only exists in your mind as it means nothing to me or anyone else since it is entirely meaningless so no more for me to say here
No philosophy book or magazine or department or other philosophy forum is discussing it so you are in a minority of precisely one
Philosophy is the love of wisdom but there is zero wisdom or even practicality to be gained from discussing one meaningless word
So it is time to leave this non discussion and focus on something more substantial from a philosophical / metaphysical perspective
bahman

Post by bahman »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:53 pm
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:50 pm On philosophy forums / in philosophy departments / in philosophy books and magazines
So on philosophy forums, in philosophy departments in philosophy books and magazines.
In the minds of philosophers, or people who do philosophy the concept of "frompulteft" does not exist?!?!?

The concept exists in your mind and in my mind!
It exists on this forum now!

We created it b talking about it.
How do you define the mind?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:03 pm How do you define the mind?
The same way you define emptiness.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:30 am
SteveKlinko wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:13 pm Here is your question again:
Can "Oneness" and "Redness" be put into words or not? This is not a word-play - this is a yes/no question.

That was no rhetorical question.
You even emphasize a yes/no answer.
Steve, you are very dishonest man. The above is a rhetorical question, even though I emphasize a yes/no answer.
Because the answer to the rhetorical question is obviously "Yes, Oneness and Redness can be put into words".
If the answer was "No" then you could not have asked the question to begin with!

SteveKlinko wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:13 pm I know you must know what a rhetorical question actually is so this is a pure grammar school prank again.
You just continue to play juvenile word games.
Well, Steve. It is a juvenile game to try and pretend that you didn't put Oneness and Redness in to words, when that is exactly what you have done!
SteveKlinko wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:13 pm Back to the question of this topic, which you are trying to obstruct, and in your manner of speaking:
What the hell is Oneness?!?!?
I have no bloody clue, Steve! If you don't know what Oneness is, why are you using the word?
You are obviously not going to let up on your infantile misdirection of the purpose of this thread. I'm out. Bye.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

SteveKlinko wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:56 pm You are obviously not going to let up on your infantile misdirection of the purpose of this thread. I'm out. Bye.
Steve, if the purpose of the thread was to put Oneness and Redness into words, then I have some great news for you!

Mission accomplished! Purpose satisfied.

That is not mis-direction. That is literally me directing your attention to the fact that you succeeded.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:40 am
bahman wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:03 pm How do you define the mind?
The same way you define emptiness.
I asked him. And mind is different from emptiness. I used to think otherwise.