Pattern Recognition and After Life

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Pattern Recognition and After Life

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Our lives are grounded in the assumption of patterns that we integrate into a new identity through reciprocality. It is this cycle of patterns, evidenced both by nature and consciousness, that necessitates from argument of symmetry alone, that an after life must exist.
Dimebag

Re: Pattern Recognition and After Life

Post by Dimebag »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:32 pm Our lives are grounded in the assumption of patterns that we integrate into a new identity through reciprocality. It is this cycle of patterns, evidenced both by nature and consciousness, that necessitates from argument of symmetry alone, that an after life must exist.
Let me see if I can decode this.

We recognise patterns in the form of conscious experiences, which naturally by the fact that they are identified as something, they are a separate thing to our awareness, which means they must become identified or merge with awareness (integrated) which is a natural state of consciousness.

You then go on to speak of symmetry, as if it is a universal law. You seem to be using the point of death as the boundary from which this symmetry is applied, and as there are patterns which become conscious in life, your argument implies that based on this law of symmetry there must be patterns which enter consciousness and are integrated with our awareness after the point of death, I.e. an afterlife.

That is my understanding if what your initial post was getting at. I’m not sure I agree with this, though I’m not sure if my interpretation was correct or even close.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dimebag wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:32 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:32 pm Our lives are grounded in the assumption of patterns that we integrate into a new identity through reciprocality. It is this cycle of patterns, evidenced both by nature and consciousness, that necessitates from argument of symmetry alone, that an after life must exist.
Let me see if I can decode this.

We recognise patterns in the form of conscious experiences, which naturally by the fact that they are identified as something, they are a separate thing to our awareness, which means they must become identified or merge with awareness (integrated) which is a natural state of consciousness.

You then go on to speak of symmetry, as if it is a universal law. You seem to be using the point of death as the boundary from which this symmetry is applied, and as there are patterns which become conscious in life, your argument implies that based on this law of symmetry there must be patterns which enter consciousness and are integrated with our awareness after the point of death, I.e. an afterlife.

That is my understanding if what your initial post was getting at. I’m not sure I agree with this, though I’m not sure if my interpretation was correct or even close.
Being is replicating cycles with the cycle being omnipresent in the respect it underlies all of being. Considering all of being occurs through the cycle, even the patterns of consciousness must occur through cycles as well where death is a cycling between dimensions.
osgart

Post by osgart »

People find symmetry beautiful. For things to be symmetrical perhaps the universe is working from memory. Different patterns may or may not have relationship when they are found in nature. It's the relationship of patterns that determine the kind of cause and effect that may or may not exist. If nature is only patterns without relationship then nothing is necessarily contingent. But nature does follow patterns of relationships between patterns.

Life emerges after a pattern. Nature remembers and instructs the pattern according to plan. Nature knows the codes of life and reproduces them based on their successes. Natural selection weeds out what fails. But the attempt is made to fit the environment. And so nature patterns connect with life patterns and we emerge into this existence. But there is no telling from where we come from and where we are going from patterns alone.

If nature works from memory and information is never lost then perhaps an afterlife does exist. :mrgreen: