Reincarnation. Who or what would reincarnate? (explained)

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Reincarnation. Who or what would reincarnate? (explained)

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:14 am When such a plethora of specific launching pads ends in an absolute zero of comprehension then give the tuner a spin, and you know where to find that.
Well you obviously can not hear and see all of what has been going on here.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:41 am
Walker wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:14 am When such a plethora of specific launching pads ends in an absolute zero of comprehension then give the tuner a spin, and you know where to find that.
Lord Siva says:

Though in fact fiery, my lack-lustre appearance as a hill on this spot is an act of grace for the maintenance of the world. I also abide here as the Siddha. Within me there are many glorious caves filled with all kinds of enjoyments. Know this. Action naturally binds the entire world. One’s refuge (from such bondage) is this glorious Arunachala by seeing which one becomes itself. What cannot be acquired without great pains – the true import of Vedanta (viz. Self-realization) – can be attained by any one who looks at (this hill) from where it is visible or even mentally thinks of it from afar. I, the Lord, ordain that those who reside within a radius of three yojanas of this place (Arunachala) shall attain union (with the Supreme) which removes bondage even in the absence of initiation, etc.

- Sri Ramana Maharshi

https://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/aruna ... unachalei/

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:51 pm
Age wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:41 am
Lord Siva says:

Though in fact fiery, my lack-lustre appearance as a hill on this spot is an act of grace for the maintenance of the world. I also abide here as the Siddha. Within me there are many glorious caves filled with all kinds of enjoyments. Know this. Action naturally binds the entire world. One’s refuge (from such bondage) is this glorious Arunachala by seeing which one becomes itself. What cannot be acquired without great pains – the true import of Vedanta (viz. Self-realization) – can be attained by any one who looks at (this hill) from where it is visible or even mentally thinks of it from afar. I, the Lord, ordain that those who reside within a radius of three yojanas of this place (Arunachala) shall attain union (with the Supreme) which removes bondage even in the absence of initiation, etc.

- Sri Ramana Maharshi

https://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/aruna ... unachalei/
Self-realization is just being able to answer the question 'Who am 'I'?' properly and correctly.

Answering this question is very simple and very easy to do, that is; once one KNOWS who and what they really ARE.