Reincarnation. Who or what would reincarnate? (explained)

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Reincarnation. Who or what would reincarnate? (explained)

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:27 am I specifically asked you;
So, what is the answer to the question, 'Who am 'I'?'
Go to the forest and demand from the trees, what do you mean?

13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

Exodus, kjv

I am that I am.

“The traditional English translation within Judaism favors "I will be what I will be" because there is no present tense of the verb "to be" in the Hebrew language.” - Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:37 am
surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:32 am
Age wrote:
So what creates this mind ?
Mind is an emergent property of the brain but I would not say that the brain creates mind
To create something is not the same as to emerge from something like what happens here
So, if to you the mind is an emergent property of the brain but the brain can not do anything without the mind, then how do you explain this obvious contradiction?
Buddhists have identified a third explanation in the dualistic chicken/egg, mind/brain paradigm: co-arising dependency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratītyasamutpāda

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:39 pm
Now, 'you' are starting to SEE things 'My way'.
No, I only See things ‘My way’

As for the rest of your opinionated responses to yourself....no one cares.
There is only 'One way' correct?

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:48 pm
Age wrote:
If you want clarity with regard to this then just explain what this and then I can explain with absolute clarity in a very simple and easy way
Explain with absolute clarity what the brain does and leaving no detail out while you do so so I fully understand
Is this what the 'this' was in your last reply?

The human brain works just like a computer does. It can only output what has been fed into it. What is fed into the human brain through any or all of the five senses is only what can be fed out of the brain.

A human brain can not come up with absolutely new ideas all by itself. It needs to combine at least two prior pieces of already gained knowledge/information to make up any perceivable new idea/knowledge/information.

The brain is 'intellectual', 'intellect' just being knowledge/information already grasped.

The brain can only look at and see things from the perspective of the already held knowledge and information only.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:48 pm Explain also what Mind is to you and why you are absolutely certain that it is true and real in an objective sense
The Mind, of which there is only One, is absolutely always Truly OPEN. This is where creation comes from. The Mind is what has allowed human beings to always be able to create new things.

This One Mind is what allows human beings to have empathy with ALL other things. Thee Mind allows human beings to be able to see the past and into the future. The Mind KNOWS what is right in Life from what is wrong in Life. The Mind is God, in the spiritual sense.

The Mind is invisible so can not be seen with the physical eyes, but It is Truly understood from the Mind's Eye, which is able to SEE and UNDERSTAND ALL things.

What is true and real in an objective sense is what EVERY one agrees with and accepts as One. What EVERY one can agree with and accept is what IS, which is absolutely True, Right, Accurate, and Correct.

When people look at what IS instead of what could be, from the Truly OPEN perspective, then they will SEE, and UNDERSTAND, from the Truly objective sense and perspective.

The Mind is 'intelligence', 'intelligence' being the ability to learn, understand, and reason. ALL human beings are born with this ability to learn, understand, and/or reason absolutely any thing and every thing, unfortunately though, depending on what a human body experiences, these experiences are fed into the brain of that body, then when this 'person' only looks at and sees things from the perspective of that brain only, through already gained thoughts or thinking, then it partly or completely loses its ability to learn, understand and reason any thing more or any thing anew.

For example living in a Truly peaceful and pollution free world with EVERY one together as One is an extremely very simple and easy thing to do, and to learn how to achieve and do. Thee Truly OPEN Mind ALREADY KNOWS this FACT. The human brain, however, in the days of when this is written, can not even fathom that this could even be possible, because it can and will only look at things from the information that has been fed into it. Although the human brain actually KNOWS that any thing new can only be learned with an OPEN Mind the human brain will still not even consider that living together as One peacefully could actually be so simple and so easy as being portrayed here.

Thee Truly OPEN Mind is NEVER closed, but it is the assumptions and beliefs being stored and held within the human brain that closes off the Mind to reaching and achieving what appears to be impossibly new ideas. Although ABSOLUTELY EVERY new thing created by human beings was once considered IMPOSSIBLE, until they become POSSIBLE, any NEW idea that is beyond any knowledge/information already gained and stored within a human brain is considered IMPOSSIBLE to even consider and look at from a Truly OPEN perspective. This is why human beings are continually going down this path of demise. They find it hard to consider any thing, which is to "far" or to "beyond" what is already known, which is thought to be true, right and correct.

See, because this One and only Mind is OPEN to absolutely EVERY thing it can SEE what is actually right and what is wrong almost instantaneously. Like for example when you are 'trying to' explain what the 'mind' is, which is only coming from that human brain and what has been fed into it previously.

When people learn to let go of looking at and seeing things from the brain, and its thoughts only, which is really just what 'letting go of one's self' actually means, and learn how to look at things from thee Truly OPEN Mind, then what I am partly explaining will become to be UNDERSTOOD and KNOWN.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:48 pm I will not give any further clarification because I want to see how far you can go without any more input from me
But you did not give 'clarification', instead you gave 'contradiction'.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:59 pm
Well do you know what some people say in regards to; Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
Yes I do know ..and that is why you will never receive another reply, response or post or whatever, from me ever again on this forum.

Have a nice life. I wish you well.

You are aware that you have said this, over and over again, previously, correct?

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:36 pm
Why would you tell some one to do this?

Are you aware that trees, as far as we know, are not able to communicate with us what they mean?

Do you know that trees even have the ability to know what things mean?

If yes, then how do you know this?

By the way, I was NOT demanding any thing at all. Some one said they had already answered the 'Who am 'I'?" question MANY TIMES previously, so I was curious as to what answer they arrived at. Therefore, I just a simple clarifying question, which they are COMPLETELY FREE to answer and clarify or NOT.
Walker wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:36 pm 13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

Exodus, kjv

I am that I am.

“The traditional English translation within Judaism favors "I will be what I will be" because there is no present tense of the verb "to be" in the Hebrew language.” - Wiki

And NOW God is saying: In the visible sense, 'I' am thee Universe, Itself, thee Creator of ALL things. And, in the non visible sense, 'I' am thee Mind, Itself, thee Creator of ALL these things through 'you', human beings. Including ALL of these writings, past, present, and future.

'I' am thee Mind, within ALL human beings. Thee One that connects ALL things together as One. 'I' am the One and only One.

But, 'I' just saying this now, in the days of when this is written, or saying what 'I' did, in those days when that was written, does NOT mean that ANY one of 'you' human beings will LISTEN to Me, now does it?

ALL of 'you', adult human beings, choose to either:

LISTEN to what the already gained thoughts are telling 'you' from within that one individual brain, which tells/fools you into believing things are true and right.

Or,

LISTEN to what is actually KNOWN to be the absolute Truth of things, which is what IS actually agreed with and accepted by EVERY one as One.

This latter One is thee actual True Self, which does KNOW ALL things, and not that personal self, which actually assumes and/or believes it knows what is true and right.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:46 pm

Mind is an emergent property of the brain but I would not say that the brain creates mind
To create something is not the same as to emerge from something like what happens here
So, if to you the mind is an emergent property of the brain but the brain can not do anything without the mind, then how do you explain this obvious contradiction?
Buddhists have identified a third explanation in the dualistic chicken/egg, mind/brain paradigm: co-arising dependency.

"buddhists" is just one of the countless other human made up groups of 'followers', who all have their own perspective of things. If what ANY group said was actually absolutely True, Right, and Correct, then they would not be made up of such small followings. Obviously, what that group said would be FOLLOWED by EVERY one.

As for the chicken and the egg and what came first? Then the answer to this is depended upon human beings and when they classify/name things. For example, what came first? The labradoodle mother or the labradoodle puppy? We know that to get a labradoodle puppy we just need to breed the named labrador dog with the named poodle dog, and then the puppies from those two, is the human beings named 'labradoodle'. This exact same construct is what happened with the chicken and the egg. What came first is completely and solely depended upon when human beings started naming and classifying things as 'chickens'.

Was there a male 'chick' of some type of bird and it was bred with a 'hen' of another type of bird, and then the offspring of those two named things then was named 'chicken', just like the named 'labradoodle' came to be?

The Mind is just what allows human beings to learn, understand, and reason ALL things new. The Mind is thee Creator of ALL new human made things.

The brain is just the "computer" of the human body, which is able to gather and grasp knowledge or information, and be able to share that knowledge or information.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:36 am
Indeed. Seeing as how a tree always says all it has to say then the fine-tuning dial can be found on the receiver.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

Exodus, kjv

I am that I am.

Excellent. Thank you so much Walker.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:48 am
Indeed. Seeing as how a tree always says all it has to say then the fine-tuning dial can be found on the receiver.
Brilliant. Thank you so much Walker.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:46 pm

Beautiful. Thank you so much Walker.

What was first, the chicken or the egg?...

They both arise at the same time, namely: now...

Post by Age »

Do trees say things to you and tell you what they mean?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 am

A billion or so listens lands the underlying principle of your deep, sincere, honest and upfront albeit limited basic philosophical enquiry smack into the zeitgeist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
(Don’t you think that the dance of the rare black and white red-eared fox in its natural habitat, particularly with the wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow variation, is the icing on that link?)

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:37 pm
Age wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 am
A billion or so listens lands the underlying principle of your deep, sincere, honest and upfront albeit limited basic philosophical enquiry smack into the zeitgeist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
(Don’t you think that the dance of the rare black and white red-eared fox in its natural habitat, particularly with the wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow variation, is the icing on that link?)
Obviously you will not or can not answer my very simple clarifying question.

Also, what you have said here I have absolutely no idea nor clue what you are saying and meaning.
Walker

Post by Walker »

When such a plethora of specific launching pads ends in an absolute zero of comprehension then give the tuner a spin, and you know where to find that.