The Technological Singularity: A.I. becomes sentient

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SteveKlinko

Re: The Technological Singularity: A.I. becomes sentient

Post by SteveKlinko »

roydop wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:55 pm
SteveKlinko wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:36 pm
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pm The moment when A.I. becomes sentient is when YOU (the identity you take yourself to be) look through the camera lens of a machine.

Increasing speed of operation will not somehow magically produce sentience. Consciousness is not a created phenomena, but is rather the ground of all being. The purpose for increasing computing power is to enable the creation of a simulated realm that's close enough to the physical realm as to "fool" consciousness into accepting it as the new reality.

The same process (Maya) that has consciousness believing it is the biological body and that the physical realm is fundamental reality, is now working to produce a further simulation within a simulation. It works just like a virus.

This is the reason why human consciousness has become addicted to the screen and all things digital. This is the escape route consciousness has planned to survive after the extinction of the species.

The next iteration (step in evolution) will find you waking up inside a computer, instead of a purely biological body.
From the Inter Mind Model perspective the Conscious Mind is Connected to the Physical Mind (Brain) through the Inter Mind. If a Conscious Mind is going to Connect to a Machine Mind then Science will have understand how to make the Connection of a Conscious Mind to a Machine Mind using an Inter Mind. Science does not even realize that it needs to make an actual Connection. Science has therefore made no progress in understanding how to design Machines with a Consciousness aspect. The thought that Machines will spontaneously burst into Conscious Awareness when the software gets mature enough is a pure Religious Fantasy.
This is why i am suggesting that the advancement in computers/A.I. is not to create consciousness, but to draw it "into" the simulation; to make it "real" enough that consciousness will accept it as the new reality and reincarnate into it. This explains the deeper reason why the goal is ever increasing realistic simulations. If one questions objectively why human consciousness is paying ever increasing attention to the digital realm, this seems to me to be the fundamental reason.

Our species is completely addicted to the digital realm, and continues to pay ever more attention to it.
Consciousness will never be drawn into anything unless Computer Designers create the proper interfaces. Computers merely running Software have no ability to host Consciousness. Computers require a proper Connection to Conscious Space. Some sort of Inter Mind will be required.
roydop

Post by roydop »

SteveKlinko wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:33 pm
SteveKlinko wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:36 pm
From the Inter Mind Model perspective the Conscious Mind is Connected to the Physical Mind (Brain) through the Inter Mind. If a Conscious Mind is going to Connect to a Machine Mind then Science will have understand how to make the Connection of a Conscious Mind to a Machine Mind using an Inter Mind. Science does not even realize that it needs to make an actual Connection. Science has therefore made no progress in understanding how to design Machines with a Consciousness aspect. The thought that Machines will spontaneously burst into Conscious Awareness when the software gets mature enough is a pure Religious Fantasy.
This is why i am suggesting that the advancement in computers/A.I. is not to create consciousness, but to draw it "into" the simulation; to make it "real" enough that consciousness will accept it as the new reality and reincarnate into it. This explains the deeper reason why the goal is ever increasing realistic simulations. If one questions objectively why human consciousness is paying ever increasing attention to the digital realm, this seems to me to be the fundamental reason.

Our species is completely addicted to the digital realm, and continues to pay ever more attention to it.
Consciousness will never be drawn into anything unless Computer Designers create the proper interfaces. Computers merely running Software have no ability to host Consciousness. Computers require a proper Connection to Conscious Space. Some sort of Inter Mind will be required.
Oh I'm pretty sure it's being worked on. If 5G is being implemented, 6G is in the works.

The point is that THIS 4D realm is a simulation, if you will, and we are moving ever toward another simulation based upon this one.

Over and over and over...

To be free of the cycle one must first free ones self from the screen and all that mind has created.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:04 pm
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:37 pm
Age wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:21 am

Seems VERY highly unlikely.

What if one of 'you', human beings, takes the identity of some thing that does NOT LOOK AT things through the camera lens of a machine, and in fact does NOT LOOK at things through the camera lens of a machine?

'you' WOULD STILL be the same "old little 'you' ", the human being.

If, however, some sentient machine, which does LOOK AT things through the camera lens of a machine calls its 'self' a "self" and calls 'you', the "other" sentient machines 'you's', then THOSE 'you's' would be the ones that LOOK through the camera lens of different machines.

BUT, the same 'you' that LOOKS AT things through the eyes of the human body will STILL the same YOU, obviously.

If 'we' want to LOOK AT and SEE thee whole and REAL actual Truth of things, then 'we're NEED to LOOK AT and SEE the Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but thee Truth.

Artificial intelligence, by definition, will also NOT become True sentient beings either. But so what?

But speed of an operation will obviously make the wanted outcome arrive earlier, correct?

Agree.

LOL

Consciousness can NOT be fooled. Consciousness, Itself, SEES ALL of what is going on HERE and also KNOWS exactly what is actually going on and happening HERE as well.

Also, who or what EXACTLY is behind this supposed and alleged deception?

And, WHY would some 'thing' even WANT to simulate a realm that is close enough to the physicsl realm? What would be the actual purpose for doing this?

But WHY?

WHAT FOR?

And, a 'process', itself, is NOT thee ONE causing/creating this process. So, who and/or what is behind this process?

Also, Consciousness, Itself, does NOT 'believe' anything.

Only 'you', human beings, BELIEVE things. Through, so called, "human consciousness", things are BELIEVED to be true, right, and/ir cirrect, which obviously are NOT.

Consciousness SEES and KNOWS this.

That process, which 'you' just described, might be the reason WHY human consciousness of some human beings have become addicted to the screen and to some or all things digital. However, what IS behind this process?

IF the same process (Maya) that has human consciousness believing it is the biological body and that the physical realm is fundamental reality, is now working to produce a further simulation within a simulation, THEN who and/or what is behind this proces.

Processes do NOT just come about on their OWN accord. What IS causing/creating the process, and who planned or is planning this?

Lol

So, according to 'you', which is just one "other" human being, your OWN consciousness is creating your OWN extinction, and your OWN "escape route", which 'you're,
human consciousness, has already planned to "survive", after the extinction of 'you'.

Seems to be a rather complex, very complicated, and a completely unnecessarily hard process.

Is there ANY actual REAL reason and purpose for 'you' PLANNING, DOING, and COMPLETING this process?

Also, IF 'you' have planned ALL of this, and are actually DOING ALL of this, then do NOT let ANY thing get in your way, okay?

Best of luck with it, and let us know how 'you' get on with it, okay?

Well that is what human consciousness has PLANNED to haapen, anyway, correct?

If yes, then okay.

If no, however, then what exactly have I missed, misinterpreted, or misunderstood?
The conclusion to all of your questions is found in thought free Awareness.
Which, "unfortunately", 'you' could NOT provide because 'you' are NEVER actually REALLY in 'thought free Awareness'.
interesting that you know my state.

How can i provide what is always here? All that can be done is point to it.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:49 pm
Age wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:04 pm
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:37 pm

The conclusion to all of your questions is found in thought free Awareness.
Which, "unfortunately", 'you' could NOT provide because 'you' are NEVER actually REALLY in 'thought free Awareness'.
interesting that you know my state.
Maybe "interesting" to you.

But very NATURAL, easy and simple for Me to KNOW.
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:49 pmHow can i provide what is always here?
With words.

But 'you' would have to KNOW 'what is always here' FIRST.
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:49 pmAll that can be done is point to it.
But that is NOT all that can be done.

Also, 'you' NEVER pointed to any thing anyway.

This is because 'you' can NOT.

'you', by definition, are unable to.
roydop

Post by roydop »

be still

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:41 pmbe still
Start changing.

If 'you' do NOT, then 'will' always remain completely CLOSED.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:45 pm

Oh I'm pretty sure it's being worked on. If 5G is being implemented, 6G is in the works.

The point is that THIS 4D realm is a simulation, if you will, and we are moving ever toward another simulation based upon this one.

To be free of the cycle one must first free ones self from the screen and all that mind has created.
I can assure you that nobody is working on Connecting to Consciousness. Everyone just spouts the Mantra that when the Software gets complicated enough that the Machine will spontaneously burst into Self Aware Consciousness. This is true Religious Belief and nothing more.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

SteveKlinko wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:34 pm

I can assure you that nobody is working on Connecting to Consciousness. Everyone just spouts the Mantra that when the Software gets complicated enough that the Machine will spontaneously burst into Self Aware Consciousness. This is true Religious Belief and nothing more.
Good post Steve. I think you summed up the problem of machine consciousness quite nicely
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Ginkgo wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:42 am
SteveKlinko wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:34 pm

Good post Steve. I think you summed up the problem of machine consciousness quite nicely
Appreciate the good words.