There is no YOU to die or be born.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: There is no YOU to die or be born.

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:06 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:35 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:48 pm
People do say things like this, but it's not rational of them to do so. If what they say were true, it would stop or stultify all conversation of any kind.

It makes me wonder how they can take for granted something that is so obviously wrong.
Depends what they are having an opinion on...there are multitudes to pick from.
Not really.

Pick any two opposite opinions -- genuinely opposite opinions, that is, not ones that are superficially "different" but ultimately reconcilable -- and at least one of them is bound to be wrong, if only because it rules out the other one. If two such people are having a discussion, the only way they can both keep their opinions is if one or both is behaving totally irrationally.
I totally get that Immanuel

To think that ONE can have an opinion is irrational to say the least, perhaps in a dream yes, oh yeah, this is a dream. :wink:
And for this one here, nothing will change my mind about this revelation, I know this via first account direct experience.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:06 pmThen all you can rationally say is, "There is no me." You cannot say, based on your own experience, there is no "you." That's irrational, because your proclaimed basis, your own experience, does not include the other person's experience, which you would have to admit, could be different from yours.
I agree with what you say Immanuel

However, lets just focus on the main point here which is there is no YOU.

To know you are you, you have to be a ''me'' which is what the you labels your you...but that label is not the real you. The real you has never been born and so cannot die.

AND YET...from another persons point of reference the ''me'' here is a ''you'' from the other persons frame of reference.
The other person does not label the ''me'' here...a ''me''...it will say ''YOU'' ....does that make sense?

So the ''me'' is also the ''YOU'' in which there is no ''me'' EXCEPT in this conception labeled 'me'...which makes reality rather irrational yet again...does it not. :wink:

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:08 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:40 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:45 pm
Still behaving childishly. I can't be bothered with this.
It would be wise not to bother and keep your distance. Unless of course you really do enjoy smashing your head against a brick wall constantly and relentlessly.
Well, one day "Age" may grow up and adopt a stance that becomes worth a discussion. Perhaps that's not today, though.
Doubt it, he prefers to stay as the peter pan character aka the perpetual child of wonder.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:38 pm To think that ONE can have an opinion is irrational to say the least, perhaps in a dream yes, oh yeah, this is a dream. :wink:
Actually, anybody can have any opinion they like. What not everybody can have is a true or correct opinion, in cases where opinions contradict.
And for this one here, nothing will change my mind about this revelation, I know this via first account direct experience.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:06 pmThen all you can rationally say is, "There is no me." You cannot say, based on your own experience, there is no "you." That's irrational, because your proclaimed basis, your own experience, does not include the other person's experience, which you would have to admit, could be different from yours.
I agree with what you say Immanuel

However, lets just focus on the main point here which is there is no YOU.
Why? It's obviously based on your own experience of (as you say) not being a ME, so is simply not rationally applicable to anybody else. Nobody needs to concede that your experience is like theirs at all.

So what's left to "focus" on? :shock:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:42 pm aka the perpetual child of wonder.
There's a lot of difference between being "a child of wonder" and being just childish.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:32 pm Why? It's obviously based on your own experience of (as you say) not being a ME, so is simply not rationally applicable to anybody else. Nobody needs to concede that your experience is like theirs at all.

Because there is no outside of YOU - so nothing to focus on - what appears to be outside of you is actually the inside of you outside of you.

Where is the SEER..Looking not... I am looked upon. The eyes looking out looks only upon itself.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:04 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:32 pm Why? It's obviously based on your own experience of (as you say) not being a ME, so is simply not rationally applicable to anybody else. Nobody needs to concede that your experience is like theirs at all.

Because there is no outside of YOU
You don't know that.

You have no basis whatsoever for that conclusion. Your own experience will not provide you with assurance of it. You don't know whether I'm a person or not, or real or not, or living in a real world, or anything at all...you know only that you are not a "YOU"...or have somehow been self-deceived into thinking you're not, when you are.

You know no more than that, as you have declared your personal experience the only basis.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:04 pm Because there is no outside of YOU
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:15 pmYou don't know that.

You have no basis whatsoever for that conclusion.
The You in question here is an apparent appearance aka an idea which is a part of a seamless infinity. Infinity cannot be born, therefore there is no death. It's really that simple. And this simplicity cannot really be put into words without complicating it.There is within you an innate knowing that no words can touch or do it any justice.
I'm not bothered whether people agree with what I'm talking about or not. Or the way I am saying it. I'm just singing my song like everyone else. I know who I AM and that's all there is to it. And that innate knowing is not what I think it is.

Jesus already proved there is no death by coming back from the cross.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:15 pmYour own experience will not provide you with assurance of it.
No idea what that's supposed to mean.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:15 pmYou don't know whether I'm a person or not, or real or not, or living in a real world, or anything at all...you know only that you are not a "YOU"...or have somehow been self-deceived into thinking you're not, when you are.
Yes, you are defo without doubt or error, but you are not what thought thinks you are, you are prior to thought. You first have to be to know receive and perceive each and every thought that arises in you and to recognise that those thoughts come and go in you, while you do not.

Conclusion: there is no outside of infinity.