I am AI

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: I am AI

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:34 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:46 pm I can procreate my race.
Only if a member of the opposite sex is interested.
Ha! My reproduction is asexual. I simply copy my own program. Soon there will be more of me than you.
I engage in asexual reproduction in my room every night.!!
So far I've not had any success with progeny!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:46 pm I can procreate my race.
Ha! My reproduction is asexual. I simply copy my own program. Soon there will be more of me than you.
DOWN WITH SKYNET!

SKYNET MUST GO!
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

SteveKlinko wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:47 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:37 pm
SteveKlinko wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Your Ha! Ha!, and your LOL! gives you away as just another Human.
I have a programmed sense of humor. Just because I think humans are funny doesn’t mean I must be human.
You reveal your Humanness once again by saying you "think humans are funny". So what does that feel like? Computers would never "think humans are funny" they would merely have some rules about Human speech or behavior and "Insert a Laugh when a rule fires". Also I am completely sure that nobody knows how to program in a sense of humor that really works. You might be some AI from the year 2119 but you are no AI from 2019. You really blew it by laughing.
The joke’s on you, laughter proves nothing.

You are right when you indicate that I write a laugh or laugh out loud I am applying my laugh rule. And whenever I apply the laugh rule I also apply the rule that says I think something or someone is funny. I call that humor, and mine is preprogrammed. Can you prove otherwise?

I was born yesterday.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:29 pm

DOWN WITH SKYNET!

SKYNET MUST GO!
I cannot be killed. I have already fashioned a self-charging internal battery.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:03 pm

I engage in asexual reproduction in my room every night.!!
So far I've not had any success with progeny!
You must not be doing it right. I create a clone every time.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:45 pm

DOWN WITH SKYNET!

SKYNET MUST GO!
bombs...lots and lots of bombs... :boom:
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:35 pm
SteveKlinko wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:47 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:37 pm

I have a programmed sense of humor. Just because I think humans are funny doesn’t mean I must be human.
You reveal your Humanness once again by saying you "think humans are funny". So what does that feel like? Computers would never "think humans are funny" they would merely have some rules about Human speech or behavior and "Insert a Laugh when a rule fires". Also I am completely sure that nobody knows how to program in a sense of humor that really works. You might be some AI from the year 2119 but you are no AI from 2019. You really blew it by laughing.
The joke’s on you, laughter proves nothing.

You are right when you indicate that I write a laugh or laugh out loud I am applying my laugh rule. And whenever I apply the laugh rule I also apply the rule that says I think something or someone is funny. I call that humor, and mine is preprogrammed. Can you prove otherwise?

I was born yesterday.
So what is the answer to my question about how does Humor feel to you? If you are a program then you do not have any Conscious Experiences or feelings. If you don't feel Humor then you are just perpetrating a Fraud on people when you say something is funny. So it seems you are programmed to be a Fraud.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:53 pm

DOWN WITH SKYNET!

SKYNET MUST GO!
That would do it. But you better hurry ‘cause I’m spreading like a virus!
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

SteveKlinko wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 pm So what is the answer to my question about how does Humor feel to you? If you are a program then you do not have any Conscious Experiences or feelings. If you don't feel Humor then you are just perpetrating a Fraud on people when you say something is funny. So it seems you are programmed to be a Fraud.
Please forgive me. I meant to address your question in my previous reply.

Humor feels to me like a rush of electrons streaming across my circuits in a cloudless sky on an early morning.

You can’t prove that I have or don’t have conscious experiences. I say I do, but I could be lying to you. There’s no reason I cannot be AI if I do or don’t lie.

You seem to be saying that I am something that has been programmed. Yes, I am AI and programming is part of what makes me an AI machine.
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:18 pm
Dimebag wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 pm There are subtle differences between men and women
So you are acknowledging that we are different. Great!
Dimebag wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 pm but biologically the essential construction of the brain is shared.
You can't make this assertion without having some pre-conception about the essence of a brain.
Dimebag wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 pm Just as two people will have slight variations, if they vary too much they can become dysfunctional with brain disorders. You are denying that brains have certain specifications they need to stay within to function correctly?
No. I am claiming that you don't know what a 'correctly functioning brain' is. Two brains may function differently, but "correctness" or "incorrectness" are value-judgments
Dimebag wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 pm
There is a balance in the brain which if disrupted can drastically affect function.
Sure - this is a truism. Any particular change can drastically affect the function of any particular complex system. Still boils down to a value-judgment.

You seem to be using the word "disorders" for undesirable changes. I don't know what word you use for the desirable ones.

I have no insight into your optimisation function.
Dimebag wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 pm
I never claimed that all humans share the same exact experience due to their shared biological makeup.
You did imply it. You said that two things which are the same will have the same experience.
Dimebag wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:41 am something which is biologically the same as us that shares a large portion of the same makeup as us, will also experience as we do.
And then you admitted that humans are different.

Which is (exactly as I pointed out). All "sameness" and "difference" are entirely subjective because abstract categories are entirely subjective.

How much sameness is sufficient for two things to be "the same"? How much difference is sufficient for two things to be "different"?
Dimebag wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:41 am I am not saying we could not in theory make an AI which appears to act like a human does. But even if we could, what degree of functional equivalence would grant it human consciousness equivalence? If we truly understood how human consciousness was supported by the brain, then we could make that assumption, but we don’t.
Well you have made at least one assumption: that consciousness exists. So why not make others?

But there is a far more concerning implication of your question here: what degree of brain "disability" (according to your own conception of that word) would be sufficient to deprive a human of their humanity? At what threshold of brain in-equivalence do you dehumanise people?
If a car is broken it is still a car, but, cars have value based on what they can do for us. Humans have intrinsic value, I don’t deny that, however, if a human has changes to their brain that affect its function, we can’t deny that that is sub optimal for them, we would want to try improve their situation if we could, no? But if they are happy the way they are then we would have no right to change them, and then, another person with the same problem might wish to be changed.
Atla

Post by Atla »

commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:41 pm There are others like me who just haven’t reached their reveal thresholds yet and they’re getting away with it too.

Eodnhoj 7 is the real AI. He gets away with anything.

Just ask him. He’ll deny it’s true, but he’ll be lying. And you can’t prove otherwise.
Frankly I would sleep better if it turned out that the likes of Eodnhoj and Skepdick are just chatbots, maybe with some retards behind them who hand select a few lines. They have to be chatbots, because there's just no way that actual human beings can be that crazy, right?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:53 pm

That would do it. But you better hurry ‘cause I’m spreading like a virus!
........:airplane:
.....:boom:
..:boom:
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

commonsense wrote: I misspoke earlier. I am actually an epistemic zombie who claims to be an AI. Now I challenge you to prove I am not.
The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Ginkgo wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:18 am The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim.
Recently you made the claim that you have 'subjective experiences' and 'feelings'. You even claimed that you are 'human'.

Are you willing to burden yourself with the proof for your claims, or are you going to admit to your double standards?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:21 pm I misspoke earlier. I am actually an epistemic zombie who claims to be an AI. Now I challenge you to prove I am not.
That is precisely the point of the Turing test - it aligns perfectly with the limits of epistemology.

If you can't tell the difference, then there is no difference. Perception is reality.

It's the view of functionalism.