Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

DAM

Post by henry quirk »

Even though my last post was spot on, I was snarky and dismissive: my apologies.

Takin' it all a bit more seriously...

No, the world doesn't need savin', but it could use some improvin'.

My suggestions...

Kill the commies.

Seriously, no other nest of fanatics is more in need of a dirt nap than communists. They adhere to and promote the most anti-human, anti-individual philosophy imaginable. Even the friggin' Islamists aren't as bad as the commies. The world can only be better if they were gone from it.

I was softer on the commies not so long ago, thinkin' only the card-carryin' variety (like a Sanders) ought to get tossed out of high-flyin' helicopters, but -- nowadays -- I think they all got to go. The card-carriers, the sympathizers, the dupes: to hell with the lot of 'em.

Kill the Islamists.

They're not as bad as the commies, but they're bad enough. Some schizoid pedophile cobbles together a his 'good news' and I'm supposed to turn a blind eye to the nutjobbery that extends out from it? What a body does with other like-minded souls is his business. Wanna bend knee to Allah? Have at it. Understand, though, no matter how much you want it to be otherwise, some folks aren't gonna submit to the will of Allah. They don't wanna, don't hafta, ain't gonna.

And, yes, I know America is partially to blame for the proliferation of Islamist nutjobbery. Folks inside and outside the U.S. have been critical of U.S. foreign policy and America's buttinsky tendencies. And they're right. America ought lead by example, not a leash. America too ought stop footin' other nation's bills (how you like them apples?

Kill all the bastids and busy bodies who look to force the other guy to do this or that.

I'm not talkin' about the folks who bend your ear or try to guilt trip a body. Them folks are annoyin' but largely powerless. No I'm talkin' about those schmucks who, for example, use the power of their station to ban friggin' plastic straws or ban large sodas (or ban guns). Jackasses in the statehouse who think it's just dandy directin' folks in how they live their lives. They're employees who overstep in a large way and they ought to pay the price for it.

It's no small thing that commies and elected busy bodies overlap in how they offend and how they ought be dealt with.

'Surely, they all don't deserve helicopter rides!'

Mebbe not. The commies, definitely, but the wayward employees, well, I'd be willin' to let 'em off the hook with a backside fulla rock salt and their complete withdrawal from the public sphere. Take a low-yield shotgun blast to the keister and then go home, and all is forgive.

This is not negotiable.

There ain't nuthin' unnatural goin' on with the climate, so quit your bitchin' and adapt.

Really, shut up. Man is not the devil, hasn't wrecked the world, and you folks just need to stop with the melodrama. If most of you actually believed human-driven climate change were a real thing I could pity you as retards and forget about it. If it was some kinda fringy cult-thing, I could just avoid you. But most of you know it's a sack of fertilizer, and it's main-streamed. I can't pity you cuz you're a lyin' threat, and I can't avoid you cuz you get up in my face.

Like the commies, the wayward employees, and the Allah-promoters, you're pushin' folks into a corner and, at some point, enough is gonna be enough.

Now that I've started, I could rant on and on.

For example...

Men: goddamnit, just friggin' stop. Some of you jackasses are givin' the rest of us a bad name with all your dick-wavin'. We see it, we know you have dicks. You can stop leadin' and thinkin' with 'em.

Pussy boys: jeez, grow up. The Barbie Doll across the way won't bed you but the fat chick right next to you will. Let me clue you in on sumthin': the fat chick is a better ride.

Women: you can't have it both ways. You can't be independent and strong and whatnot, but then wilt cuz a guy you don't wanna bed looks at you. If you get unwanted attention: deal with it. If attacked: bite the attackers dick off. Stop with all the 'metoo' manure.

Gays: you got pretty much everything you wanted, so shut up, go home, and live your lives of desperation quietly, privately.

Trannies: you wanna live as the opposite gender? Go ahead. Just remember: you're only livin' as the opposite gender. You're not actually the opposite gender. No amount of surgery and hormones actually turns a guy into a girl, or vice versa. So, cross dress to your heart's content, just don't expect other folks to play along.

The terminally thin-skinned: grow up.

Blacks: way past time to stop with the institutional racism malarkey, don't you think?

Whites: get over yourselves. As a white man, I tell you plainly: there's not a damn thing wrong with bein' white, but -- c'mon now -- none of us deserve a ticker tape parade just cuz we're white.

Poor folks: some of you are in a bad way through no fault of your own. You have my sympathies. Charities exist for you and you really need to take advantage of what they have to offer (instead of climbin' up on Mama Government's lap and suckin' at a dry teat). The rest of you, though, here in America, need ass-whuppin's. You're shiftless parasite-types and you each ought be ashamed.

Rich folks: stop lordin' it over the rest of us, be a touch more discrete, and mebbe the dumbass commies might shut up and go away. I mean, we get it, you''re rich. Enjoy it, just stop crowin' about it.

See? I could go on and on and on. All manner of folks need to die or get shot in (or get a boot up) the ass.

But: I'm borin' myself. I've written far more than intended, wasted enough time.

Bottomline: the world don't need savin', just improvin', and the number one way to do that is for each and every one of us to mind our own damn business and keep our friggin' hands to ourselves. Do that, demand it from folks around you. Rain high holy hell down on those who insist on doin' otherwise and all the other crap will fall into place on its own...like gettin' into space permanent-like, like we're supposed to.

-end-
Dontaskme

Re: DAM

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:37 am

There ain't nuthin' unnatural goin' on with the climate, so quit your bitchin' and adapt.
I understand - but my main concern is our carbon footprint. We are hopelessly dependant upon the demand for instant gratification and are now living in a throw away society due it's convenience.

We do not have to eat meat to survive, but obviously meat eating is a habit formed from our earlier anscestrial evolution. Farming of cows and other large or small livestock is causing a big methane gas problem as well. Over population of humans is another. There comes a tipping point in every civilisation if they don't keep in balance with natures natural ways.

I understand that the Earth's orbit is elliptical which means there are natural cycles of warming and cooling changes upon the planet that is not man-made.

However, recently there have been warming changes as excessive methane gases and carbon dioxide today is changing the climate at an alarming rate much faster than any other recorded time in history.. as human's excessive desire for unnatural materials continue.

Humans are high maintenance, they are consumer crazy. The constant demand for resources seem on the one hand to enhance our lives, but on the other hand have an adverse impact on the environment. So I'm talking more about excessive man-made waste and rubbish caused by modern day living habits, and the desire to throw away what is usually perfectly functional in favor of something that looks better. So even the recycling of our rubbish must generate excessive amounts of energy, all of which can be simply avoided.

I'm not part of a so called end of the world dooms day cult. I'm just a regular person who takes an interest in human consumerism, and the polluting effects our waste is having on the earth. The earth after all is a living breathing organic organism with it's own consciousness, it too wants to survive. We depend on her for our survival, she does not depend on us.
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:37 amReally, shut up. Man is not the devil, hasn't wrecked the world, and you folks just need to stop with the melodrama. If most of you actually believed human-driven climate change were a real thing I could pity you as retards and forget about it. If it was some kinda fringy cult-thing, I could just avoid you. But most of you know it's a sack of fertilizer, and it's main-streamed. I can't pity you cuz you're a lyin' threat, and I can't avoid you cuz you get up in my face.

Like the commies, the wayward employees, and the Allah-promoters, you're pushin' folks into a corner and, at some point, enough is gonna be enough.

Now that I've started, I could rant on and on.

For example...

Men: goddamnit, just friggin' stop. Some of you jackasses are givin' the rest of us a bad name with all your dick-wavin'. We see it, we know you have dicks. You can stop leadin' and thinkin' with 'em.

Pussy boys: jeez, grow up. The Barbie Doll across the way won't bed you but the fat chick right next to you will. Let me clue you in on sumthin': the fat chick is a better ride.

Women: you can't have it both ways. You can't be independent and strong and whatnot, but then wilt cuz a guy you don't wanna bed looks at you. If you get unwanted attention: deal with it. If attacked: bite the attackers dick off. Stop with all the 'metoo' manure.

Gays: you got pretty much everything you wanted, so shut up, go home, and live your lives of desperation quietly, privately.

Trannies: you wanna live as the opposite gender? Go ahead. Just remember: you're only livin' as the opposite gender. You're not actually the opposite gender. No amount of surgery and hormones actually turns a guy into a girl, or vice versa. So, cross dress to your heart's content, just don't expect other folks to play along.

The terminally thin-skinned: grow up.

Blacks: way past time to stop with the institutional racism malarkey, don't you think?

Whites: get over yourselves. As a white man, I tell you plainly: there's not a damn thing wrong with bein' white, but -- c'mon now -- none of us deserve a ticker tape parade just cuz we're white.

Poor folks: some of you are in a bad way through no fault of your own. You have my sympathies. Charities exist for you and you really need to take advantage of what they have to offer (instead of climbin' up on Mama Government's lap and suckin' at a dry teat). The rest of you, though, here in America, need ass-whuppin's. You're shiftless parasite-types and you each ought be ashamed.

Rich folks: stop lordin' it over the rest of us, be a touch more discrete, and mebbe the dumbass commies might shut up and go away. I mean, we get it, you''re rich. Enjoy it, just stop crowin' about it.

See? I could go on and on and on. All manner of folks need to die or get shot in (or get a boot up) the ass.

But: I'm borin' myself. I've written far more than intended, wasted enough time.

Bottomline: the world don't need savin', just improvin', and the number one way to do that is for each and every one of us to mind our own damn business and keep our friggin' hands to ourselves. Do that, demand it from folks around you. Rain high holy hell down on those who insist on doin' otherwise and all the other crap will fall into place on its own...like gettin' into space permanent-like, like we're supposed to.

-end-
Stop bitching yourself. Although you are allowed to have an opinion, that's all anyone of us are doing anyway. Can't change human nature, it is what it is, people no more can change who they are than a leopard can change it's spots.

I personally couldn't care less if we all died in a nuclear war tomorrow, then at least we could all stop bitching and live in peace finally.

henry quirk

"We do not have to eat meat to survive"

Post by henry quirk »

Mebbe you don't. Me, there's a reason my teeth are sharp and my eyes face forward.

#

"There comes a tipping point in every civilisation if they don't keep in balance with natures natural ways."

Not really. One of the characteristics of civilization is how well it's shapes and uses the enviroment. It's not about wise balance but wise use.

#

"However, recently there have been warming changes as excessive methane gases and carbon dioxide today is changing the climate at an alarming rate much faster than any other recorded time in history."

Nope, that's hooey.

I could provide links and citations, but I've done that before and netted a whole whack of 'ignore' for my trouble.

#

"Humans are high maintenance, they are consumer crazy."

We're bein' made that way. As I say elsewhere, Soma comes in many forms. Domesticated animals are way easier to control than wild ones.

#

"Stop bitching yourself."

Hey, you asked a question and I answered it. Not my problem if the content or presentation wasn't up to your snuff.

#

"I personally couldn't care less if we all died in a nuclear war tomorrow, then at least we could all stop bitching and live in peace finally."

Yeah, well, I like livin', so you'll forgive me if I keep doin' that.