Perception

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: Perception

Post by surreptitious57 »

In that case the illusion is so powerful that it is treated as if was reality so it makes no difference
I certainly would not think any differently if I knew for an absolute fact that it was all an illusion

As someone who strives to be as detached as possible I hold no ideological dogma with regard to reality
I simply take it to be true because I think it is and also because it is more practical for me to think it is

I have a model of it within my mind and unless evidence contradicts that model I carry on using it as it is still useful
I do not say that model is absolutely true as all I really need to be satisfied is sufficient reason that it is true for me

I am operating from a very limited knowledge base as indeed are all minds so do not make any claim with regard to absolute truth
But so long as I can reference some reason from the very limited knowledge base within my own mind then that is all that I require
Dontaskme

Re: Perception

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 pm In that case the illusion is so powerful that it is treated as if was reality so it makes no difference
I certainly would not think any differently if I knew for an absolute fact that it was all an illusion
That the illusion is real is immaterial. You cannot know the Absolute knowing for you are that knowing that cannot be known.

For Absolute knowing to know itself it has to limit itself, in space-time duality,the dream of separation.