You are Invisible

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

You are Invisible

Post by Dontaskme »

Concepts like Mind, Consciousness, Awareness, Brain, Being, etc...are often used to descibe this ineffable ISness that is life itself.
There is nothing in reality that is a concept. Concepts are a complete fiction arising from PURE EMPTY SILENCE (Nothing- Void)

The minds projections onto reality are illusions. The elements that form every physical thing if taken down to a subatomic level are seen to not exist. So in essence no physical thing is looking at itself, there is no thing there in the physical looked upon thing because there is no thing there in the looker.

And yet something appears to exist... existence is actually formed albeit illusory of an invisible formless changleless energy, just as images on a TV screen appear to be there, yet there is nothing really there of any substance except as empty formless images. The whole of existence is nonexistence, appearing as an optical illusion of sound and light.

Everything is an illusion of invisible empty energy consciousness. Emptiness and form are the same formless changeless energy changing and forming.

Zoom into the structure of the elements to see there is no thing there except a physical void, physical things really don't have any physical structure. All physical things are made out of invisible energy, not tangible matter.

No thing exists.

The you is just a projection of nothing believed to be real. Reality for a human being is nothing more than a fictional play played and watched by no one. It's a trickless trick. The mind is fearful of it's own nonexistence, not knowing it is already invisible formless energy that is neither created nor can be destroyed...and that what it apparently attaches itself to in the form of form is actually empty...simply because nonexistence is the whole essence, substratum of existence itself which is infinitely infinite without beginning nor end. There really is no thing to make any thing of. The illusion is only real in the sense it is believed, again by no thing.

This knowledge is the end of all suffering for the one who is able to hear it.

Dontaskme

Re: You are Invisible

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:08 pm
This knowledge is the end of all suffering for the one who is able to hear it.

Although it appears that there is a sense of suffering arising here...For the enlightened master, aka (This immediate self-realised awareness via DIRECT EXPERIENCE) which you all are, you were all born a BUDDHA....it is seen that in the moment of suffering, it is arising and happening to no one, and in that knowing there is also simultaneously arising a very deep palpable sense of calm and ok-ness amid the apparent suffering...A deep surrendering to what is ..unavoidably happening to no one...the sense that life is happening to no one and that there is no thing in control of anything. When the egoic mind is seen to have no control over anything, it must renounce any illusory control it may believe it may have over it..and in that moment comes the peace that passes all understanding.

When the egoic mind grabs hold of the suffering and says that's my suffering, the suffering intensifies even more.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

I cannot become that detached as I would have to deny my own existence which would be a very strange thing to do
I am however more detached than I have ever been which I accept as a good thing both mentally and philosophically
And this is the level at which I can accept my existence without also wanting to hold on to it as if it was truly eternal
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:40 pm I cannot become that detached as I would have to deny my own existence which would be a very strange thing to do
To be detached implies attachment aka (identification) identified as an object...which is an illusion...this is devilry, a trick of the mind that believes it is the mortal object. The only thing to deny here is the mortal separate self (ego) an illusion..once that is seen through the immortal self remains in tact.

Ego death is not real death, as there is no death. Ego death is the dissolving of identification with the dream character (ego) which has no existence in and of itself...the mind that believes it is a mortal self aka (objective thing) fears it's own non-existence...when in truth, there is no such thing as non-existence for any mortal thing...for a mortal thing is just a temporal appearance (dream character) within the immortal one.

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:40 pmI am however more detached than I have ever been which I accept as a good thing both mentally and philosophically
And this is the level at which I can accept my existence without also wanting to hold on to it as if it was truly eternal
surreptitious57

I cannot live my life trying to convince myself that I dont exist and that nothing at all exists
I can do that when I am dead but while I am still alive I have to accept reality for what it is
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:56 pm I cannot live my life trying to convince myself that I dont exist and that nothing at all exists -I can do that when I am dead.
Is this actually true? ....look at what you are saying here...you said ''when you are dead you can then convince yourself you don't exist and that nothing exists '' .....so ask yourself...is that true? can you do that?

There is no such known thing as nothing. What is nothing without making it something? ....you cannot know nothing. You can only know something.

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:56 pmbut while I am still alive I have to accept reality for what it is
And what is it exactly...this reality that you accept?

surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
And what is it exactly ... this reality that you accept ?
The illusion is too convincing for it not to be real but even if it is an illusion it still makes zero difference
Since I accept it regardless of whether it is real or not simply because it is the easiest thing for me to do

It either does or doesnt do what I think it does but that doesnt bother me at all
I am just an observer and a very temporary one at that so its not that big a deal
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:03 pm
The illusion is too convincing for it not to be real but even if it is an illusion it still makes zero difference
Since I accept it regardless of whether it is real or not simply because it is the easiest thing for me to do
Separation is the illusion.. The illusion is both real and not real in that there is no 'thing' causing the illusion to appear. The illusion is just the totality of Everything sourced in and of No thing. Another label for Reality would be Life or Infinity...Life is infinite in nature, it is without any known Beginning nor End. There is no locatable edge to where one thing starts and another thing ends..it's all one.

Reality is just LIFE that no 'thing' is living...'things' are constructs of the mind (the waking dream) temprol appearances, here today gone tomorrow.
Dreams are temporal ever changing images within ever changeless wide-awake Consciousness...observing itself as a dream character.
Life/Infinity Now does not die, is not born ..it's just contantly changing shape and form observed by that which is forever changeless in the same one instantaneous reality.

There is no LIFE without Consciousness. Life is Consciousness ..it is in all things, is all things, there is no surreptitious57 character that can be outside of a conscious experience observing that experience. There is no surreptitious57 observing life, the character is the observed, the experience within consciousness experiencing itself as a dream character.
In other words no observed 'thing' is experiencing itself, seeing itself, knowing itself, or being itself..it's all no thing aka Everything aka Life aka Infinity with no begining nor end experiencing, seeing, knowing, being itself.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:03 pmIt either does or doesnt do what I think it does but that doesnt bother me at all
I am just an observer and a very temporary one at that so its not that big a deal
Reality is not what thought thinks it is. There is conscious awareness of thought. Thought is the dream of separation within conscious awareness. The surreptitious57 character is a conscious thought within awareness, the character is as temporal as any thought. But the conscious aware knowing of every thought as and when that thought arises in consciousness is permanent and changeless..not temprol...else temporal would be a totally unknown and meaningless concept without relating it to it's source..which is Infinity.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:03 pm I am just an observer and a very temporary one at that so its not that big a deal
The actual observer makes no claim it is observing...observing is this immediate direct experience that is Everything aka Infinity.. and not one finite thing...

Infinity is this immediate instantaneous manifestation of EVERYTHING NOW all at once .. one without a second.

The observer is Infinity, you are CHANGELESS Infinity now observing finite things coming and going and changing.
There can only be one Infinity.

There is no surreptitious57 observing itself as a temporal observer...surreptitious57 is a known concept, as observed,as this known experience within the observer which is not a concept or thing or experience, it's this direct ever changeless observer aka Everything and not one thing ...observing change within itself which is ONE

surreptitious57 cannot experience itself as a temporal observer, for to know temporal you would have to be able to be aware of yourself being born, and then again BE aware of yourself being dead.

Truth is, you are Infinity Now which is never born nor can die...

surreptitious57

I experience the eternal now for as long as I am alive but when I am dead I will no longer be experiencing awareness
Consciousness or existence may be infinite but my knowledge of it is restricted to my own consciousness or existence
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:03 am I experience the eternal now for as long as I am alive but when I am dead I will no longer be experiencing awareness
Consciousness or existence may be infinite but my knowledge of it is restricted to my own consciousness or existence
There is no I to experience eternal now (awareness) - there is ONLY the eternal now( I awareness) I is not an experience, I is the experiencing. I can't experience itself no more than the eyeball can experience seeing itself.
When we talk about ''Direct Experience'' of awareness, this just means there is ''no thing'' knowing itself / ''no thing'' experiencing itself.
Paradoxically, ''no thing'' is also ''every thing'' in the same instantaneous now.
The mind can energetically shift it's focus from limitation to the unlimited source that it is right here and now the only place there is.
Shifting that focus would place attention on awareness rather than on the dream appearing and disappearing in awareness..and that would be called awakening to the dream of separation.

The I is experiencing itself only as and through the instrument of experience which is the dream body. Every dream body is the same one awareness self experiencing itself from the unique perspective of that dream body, dreaming apparent difference where there is none, dreaming limitation where there is none. Dreaming it is finite where there is only infinity.

You are eternal formless awareness being aware it is dreaming. The dream is knowledge of unknowing...formless in form..as and through in formation( the unknown knowing) In other words the dream is Latent Awareness Actualised being lucid in it's own dream.

Absence of dream body - does not mean absence of awareness ..absence of dream just means there is nothing showing up on the screen of awareness...there can never be absence of awareness...because awareness is all there ever is was and ever will be... it's only the dream body that appears and disappears..not awareness. Even the body does not disappear upon death, where would it go? it's just a dream within awareness that's always present here now... no death of a body has ever been witnessed or experienced, there is only alive not-knowing knowing presence awareness, proof in itself that awareness is eternally now.

Death is like sleep, similarly, there is no awareness of your body when asleep at night yet body is still here. In the waking dream, there is awareness of the body again, but it's not the body that is aware, there is nothing in the body that is being aware...the body is a dream within awareness only.

Awareness is this immediate silent presence of not-knowing that's already prior to any knowing...knowing is knowledge, it is the actualisation of not-knowing knowing...all knowledge is an appearance already couched within non-knowing awareness the only knowing there is...Awareness is the inconceivable knowing in this conception arising instantaneously now. Knowledge is always on demand, it's of past or future which are fictions, appearances within awareness, knowledge is never this immediate now which is awareness absent of knowledge...knowledge is always of the mind which lives it's entire life as and through the dream body.

Awareness is just another name for infinity now.

There is awareness of pain and pleasure, or death and birth ...while awareness itself aka infinity knows no birth or death pain and pleasure.

Awareness of pain and pleasure, birth and death will appear infinitely, there will be no cessation.

Death is not a way out of life, because infinite awareness is neither dead nor alive, paradoxically, it is aware of such as in a dream only.

Life is a dream no thing is dreaming.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:03 pm I am just an observer and a very temporary one at that so its not that big a deal
Who is this ( I ) ? ...that is observing a temporal life? ...

(Observing as in being AWARE of a temporal life)

When you try to think about who or what IS AWARE...You'll see that you don't know...you'll see that you cannot actually point it out and say that's it.All you will be able to do is invent a concept about it, aka knowledge.

Can you not see that (knowledge) knowing that something is true or false is just an illusion?

If you don't believe that knowing something is an illusion.
Then who or what is AWARE they are living a temopral life and that they were born and that they will eventually die?

You'll see that you cannot answer this QUESTION. Also, who or what is AWARE of the question being asked is what you really need to answer?

If you can't answer these basic questions then that means you don't know anything at all, you just think you do, or you are just making up stories/ideas about stuff.

Do you understand what is being said to you here surreptitious57 ?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

S57 .... Who is this ( I ) ? ...that is observing a temporal life? ...

Can you point to the observer?
surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
Do you understand what is being said to you here surreptitious57
I understand it perfectly well as I am as detached as I have ever been
What Consciousness is or isnt has zero effect on me so I just let it be
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:41 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Do you understand what is being said to you here surreptitious57
I understand it perfectly well as I am as detached as I have ever been
What Consciousness is or isnt has zero effect on me so I just let it be
If you don’t know what Consciousness is or isn’t how can you know it’s temporary?