Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:17 am If you are so SURE of this, then explain HOW.
You want me to explain experience? What the fuck?
NO I DO NOT want you to explain 'experience' at all.

WHY would you make up such an obvious stupid and ridiculous ASSUMPTION as this? Maybe you are TRYING another 'diversion' tactic, is this what you are TRYING TO do here?

I now WANT "you" to also EXPLAIN HOW "you" could arrive at such a MIXED UP and TWISTED WRONG ASSUMPTION as you did here, from just those very simple few words I wrote?

Now back to what you "logik" STATED: Then if experience and existence are NOT the same thing, then surely you can experience non-existence.
To wit I wrote: If you are so SURE of this, then explain HOW.

So to REPEAT, I DO NOT WANT TO EXPLAIN EXPERIENCE AT ALL. What i WANT "you" to do is EXACTLY what I said and WROTE. That is; Explain HOW "you" can SURELY experience 'non-existence'.

You did, after all, WRITE that IF experience and existence are NOT the same thing, then surely "you" can experience non-existence. Although this is a completely absurd thing to say, from my perspective, "you" "logik" did SAY IT. NOW HOW can "you" possibly experience such non-existence?

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 amExplain to me HOW you experience happiness.
WHY?

WHAT FOR?
AlexW
Posts: 703
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 am But, what is said from a human body, through writing or speech, is a bundle of thoughts
Are you proposing that a thought can speak? If not, what exactly are you saying?
That a body is able to utter sounds?
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 am Who/What is 'IT', that is being "talked" about here?
Consciousness / Self / insert you name here...
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:21 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 am Who/What is 'IT', that is being "talked" about here?
IT is 42.

If you aren't happy with this answer - explain why.
But I am VERY happy with YOUR answer.

This is just more EVIDENCE of what a brain will resort to, when its ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS are becoming unraveled and it does NOT know what else to do.
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:24 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:24 am But they can NOT see what has NOT been presented.
But it has been presented and therefore they can see it.

You are the only one who can't.
Am I REALLY the only one who can NOT see the alleged INFORMATION and EVIDENCE that has been so called "provided" by "logik"?

If "you" "logik" are NOT going to be of any help in presenting 'that" INFORMATION and EVIDENCE, then I will ask ALL of the readers to POINT ME to WHERE the one called "logik" has supposedly PROVIDED INFORMATION and EVIDENCE of WHERE EXACTLY I have a BELIEF.
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 am This is just more EVIDENCE of what a brain will resort to, when its ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS are becoming unraveled and it does NOT know what else to do.
Is that what you believe is happening here?
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:49 am Am I REALLY the only one who can NOT see the alleged INFORMATION and EVIDENCE that has been so called "provided" by "logik"?

If "you" "logik" are NOT going to be of any help in presenting 'that" INFORMATION and EVIDENCE, then I will ask ALL of the readers to POINT ME to WHERE the one called "logik" has supposedly PROVIDED INFORMATION and EVIDENCE of WHERE EXACTLY I have a BELIEF.
Lancewing tried.
Atla tried.

The readers are no longer interested in your bullshit.

Now lets see how you interpret their silence.

You are probably going to say something like "Look! None of the readers are coming forward. With any examples. Absence of evidence must be evidence of absence."
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:44 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 am But, what is said from a human body, through writing or speech, is a bundle of thoughts
Are you proposing that a thought can speak?
No, not in those words. But speech, either through sound or written, comes from 'thought'.
AlexW wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:44 amIf not, what exactly are you saying?
Sounds come from a human body, some times known as words. These words, just being expressed through sound or writings, are the views/ideas/values et cetera from within that body. ALL of these values, views, opinions, judgments, assumptions, ideals, beliefs, et cetera, et cetera can all be bundled up into the one category of 'thought', itself.

An invisible thought is NOT able to speak as such, but what is SAID, through writings and speech, is A 'thought'.
AlexW wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:44 amThat a body is able to utter sounds?
To "you", do sounds come out of a human body? From and through the larynx or voice box are sounds muttered? Are those sounds some times known as a voice? Is a 'voice' another term of expressing what 'thoughts' are in that body? If yes to these questions, then I also say yes to; A human body is able to utter sounds.

Burps and farts are also other sounds that are uttered from a human body.
AlexW wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:44 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 am Who/What is 'IT', that is being "talked" about here?
Consciousness / Self / insert you name here...
But the human made up label placed on to a human self is NOT Consciousness nor capital letter S Self, from my perspective.
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 am This is just more EVIDENCE of what a brain will resort to, when its ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS are becoming unraveled and it does NOT know what else to do.
Is that what you believe is happening here?
I do NOT believe.

How many times is that brain going to TRY to get this brain to say that it BELIEVES some thing?

If this brain does stumble and does say that it does BELIEVE some thing, then i wonder how quickly "you" will then jump on that, and then PROVIDE some actual and REAL evidence? Until then the FACT still stands, from my perspective I have NOT seen any actual evidence from "you" "logik" nor from any one else here, in this forum, that I have a BELIEF. Contrary to what "you" "logik" BELIEVE the Truth still stands.
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:08 pm I do NOT believe.
Yes you do :)
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:08 pm How many times is that brain going to TRY to get this brain to say that it BELIEVES some thing?
I don't give a shit if you say it. I am trying to get you to acknowledge it.

Stop lying to yourself.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8863
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Dontaskme »

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:09 pm I don't give a shit if you say it. I am trying to get you to acknowledge it.

Stop lying to yourself.
Why don't you acknowledge that knowing anything including holding to a belief or disbelief is an illusion?

.
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Logik »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:20 pm Why don't you acknowledge that knowing anything including holding to a belief or disbelief is an illusion?
I do. I have. All that I know is that I know nothing, although going as far as calling it an 'illusion' is a little cynical.

I can't say this any better than Feynman did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkhBcLk_8f0
I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure of anything and there are many things I don't know anything about.

But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things. By being lost in the mysterious universe without having any purpose.... It doesn't frighten me.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8863
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Dontaskme »

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:20 pm Why don't you acknowledge that knowing anything including holding to a belief or disbelief is an illusion?
I do. I have. All that I know is that I know nothing.

I don't know what an 'illusion' is and I can't say this any better than Feynman did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkhBcLk_8f0
An illusion is a concept known...aka knowledge...In reality no one knows knowledge.

.
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Logik »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:36 pm An illusion is a concept known...aka knowledge...In reality no one knows knowledge.
Nobody knows what knowledge IS.

But nobody knows what anything IS.

Ontological questions are bullshit.

I have some idea how knowledge works. I don't what it is.
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:49 am Am I REALLY the only one who can NOT see the alleged INFORMATION and EVIDENCE that has been so called "provided" by "logik"?

If "you" "logik" are NOT going to be of any help in presenting 'that" INFORMATION and EVIDENCE, then I will ask ALL of the readers to POINT ME to WHERE the one called "logik" has supposedly PROVIDED INFORMATION and EVIDENCE of WHERE EXACTLY I have a BELIEF.
Lancewing tried.
Atla tried.
TRYING is one thing. DOING is another.

If either of "them" have SEEN where ANY of "you" three have PROVIDED EVIDENCE, then FEEL FREE to PRESENT it AGAIN.

Let us SEE how many of you can be gathered up on your "side".

ALL you have to do is just write some thing like THIS IS THE EVIDENCE in capital letters if you like, then we will ALL KNOW that this IS THEE EVIDENCE of which you have been talking about.

By the way these two people and yourself have NOT provided any evidence, but what you three have provided instead is your own BELIEFS, which is not necessarily based any thing that has already been proven to be true.

For example the EVIDENCE for this is;
"atla" accuses me of being 'insane', (which I do NOT dispute by the way), for some view/ideas that I have NOT even shared yet, which "atla" then BELIEVES that they already KNOW what my views are, and it is this reason for WHY I am insane. But when I asked for EVIDENCE of what MY actual views/ideas ARE, "atla" has failed to provide any thing. All "atla" is doing is expressing their strong HELD BELIEFS. Just like "you" and "lacewing" do. "atlas" BELIEFS are based on "atla's" past exeriences.
I forget what "lacewing" accuses me of exactly for now. But I recall asking for EVIDENCE of this, but again NOTHING is provided. But the actual BELIEF that "lacewing" HAS and is HOLDING onto is clear as day, which is "lacewing" BELIEVES that I am proposing that there is only one way to obtain or reach some thing. Yet when I ask for the EVIDENCE for that BELIEF, none is forthcoming. This BELIEF is based on things from "lacewings" past experiences.
And, one of things that "you" accuse me of "logik" is that I have BELIEFS. Although you have NO actual evidence for this, and although I keep repeatedly asking for EVIDENCE, EVERY time you say I have a BELIEF, "you" "logik" keep FAILING to provide any. ALL "you" are doing is expressing that strongly held onto and maintained BELIEF that "you" do NOT want to let go of. This BELIEF, which you dearly LOVE, is ALSO based on "your" past experiences.

To recap the three of "you" are just expressing YOUR own BELIEFS, which are NOT proven facts, yet, and, FROM the examples just given and EVIDENCED above, neither of "you" are able to provide ANY thing to back up and support YOUR own BELIEFS, other than YOUR own BELIEFS.
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 amThe readers are no longer interested in your bullshit.
Is it ALL MY bullshit that they are NOT interested in?

Do you THINK that the readers are really interested in YOU continual diversionary tactics?
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 amNow lets see how you interpret their silence.
As either:
Could NOT be bothered doing any thing.
Could NOT be bothered searching for some thing that may or may NOT even be there.
Just wait and SEE what happens.
SEEING this more from one perspective than another.
Being completely OPEN and just LOOKING.
WAITING for you "logik" to present some thing. OR,
Could be a multitude of other things.

That is HOW I interpret their silence. How do "you" interpret their silence?
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 amYou are probably going to say something like "Look! None of the readers are coming forward. With any examples. Absence of evidence must be evidence of absence."
You are so predictable that this is beyond being humorous at the moment.

A completely WRONG ASSUMPTION AGAIN.

How many times can you make so many mistakes in just one little thread?

WHY would you even make ONE more ASSUMPTION, when just about absolutely every one of them as been SO WRONG?

Would you NOT prefer to just STOP making them in order so you do NOT look so predictably WRONG as often?

Do you KNOW what would make "you" LOOK less WRONG?

Here is one thing, Do you recall when you wrote: Now lets see how you interpret their silence? If you do, then if you just left it at that, and just waited for MY response, without making ANY assumption at all, then you NOT be wrong at all. You would have been just OPEN, instead. THEN, you could have and would have SEEN what the actual and real Truth IS.

That is HOW simple and easy it REALLY IS to discover and SEE the actual and real Truth of things IS.

WHY NOT TRY that some time?
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:43 pm
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:49 am Am I REALLY the only one who can NOT see the alleged INFORMATION and EVIDENCE that has been so called "provided" by "logik"?

If "you" "logik" are NOT going to be of any help in presenting 'that" INFORMATION and EVIDENCE, then I will ask ALL of the readers to POINT ME to WHERE the one called "logik" has supposedly PROVIDED INFORMATION and EVIDENCE of WHERE EXACTLY I have a BELIEF.
Lancewing tried.
Atla tried.
TRYING is one thing. DOING is another.

If either of "them" have SEEN where ANY of "you" three have PROVIDED EVIDENCE, then FEEL FREE to PRESENT it AGAIN.

Let us SEE how many of you can be gathered up on your "side".

ALL you have to do is just write some thing like THIS IS THE EVIDENCE in capital letters if you like, then we will ALL KNOW that this IS THEE EVIDENCE of which you have been talking about.

By the way these two people and yourself have NOT provided any evidence, but what you three have provided instead is your own BELIEFS, which is not necessarily based any thing that has already been proven to be true.

For example the EVIDENCE for this is;
"atla" accuses me of being 'insane', (which I do NOT dispute by the way), for some view/ideas that I have NOT even shared yet, which "atla" then BELIEVES that they already KNOW what my views are, and it is this reason for WHY I am insane. But when I asked for EVIDENCE of what MY actual views/ideas ARE, "atla" has failed to provide any thing. All "atla" is doing is expressing their strong HELD BELIEFS. Just like "you" and "lacewing" do. "atlas" BELIEFS are based on "atla's" past exeriences.
I forget what "lacewing" accuses me of exactly for now. But I recall asking for EVIDENCE of this, but again NOTHING is provided. But the actual BELIEF that "lacewing" HAS and is HOLDING onto is clear as day, which is "lacewing" BELIEVES that I am proposing that there is only one way to obtain or reach some thing. Yet when I ask for the EVIDENCE for that BELIEF, none is forthcoming. This BELIEF is based on things from "lacewings" past experiences.
And, one of things that "you" accuse me of "logik" is that I have BELIEFS. Although you have NO actual evidence for this, and although I keep repeatedly asking for EVIDENCE, EVERY time you say I have a BELIEF, "you" "logik" keep FAILING to provide any. ALL "you" are doing is expressing that strongly held onto and maintained BELIEF that "you" do NOT want to let go of. This BELIEF, which you dearly LOVE, is ALSO based on "your" past experiences.

To recap the three of "you" are just expressing YOUR own BELIEFS, which are NOT proven facts, yet, and, FROM the examples just given and EVIDENCED above, neither of "you" are able to provide ANY thing to back up and support YOUR own BELIEFS, other than YOUR own BELIEFS.
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 amThe readers are no longer interested in your bullshit.
Is it ALL MY bullshit that they are NOT interested in?

Do you THINK that the readers are really interested in YOU continual diversionary tactics?
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 amNow lets see how you interpret their silence.
As either:
Could NOT be bothered doing any thing.
Could NOT be bothered searching for some thing that may or may NOT even be there.
Just wait and SEE what happens.
SEEING this more from one perspective than another.
Being completely OPEN and just LOOKING.
WAITING for you "logik" to present some thing. OR,
Could be a multitude of other things.

That is HOW I interpret their silence. How do "you" interpret their silence?
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 amYou are probably going to say something like "Look! None of the readers are coming forward. With any examples. Absence of evidence must be evidence of absence."
You are so predictable that this is beyond being humorous at the moment.

A completely WRONG ASSUMPTION AGAIN.

How many times can you make so many mistakes in just one little thread?

WHY would you even make ONE more ASSUMPTION, when just about absolutely every one of them as been SO WRONG?

Would you NOT prefer to just STOP making them in order so you do NOT look so predictably WRONG as often?

Do you KNOW what would make "you" LOOK less WRONG?

Here is one thing, Do you recall when you wrote: Now lets see how you interpret their silence? If you do, then if you just left it at that, and just waited for MY response, without making ANY assumption at all, then you NOT be wrong at all. You would have been just OPEN, instead. THEN, you could have and would have SEEN what the actual and real Truth IS.

That is HOW simple and easy it REALLY IS to discover and SEE the actual and real Truth of things IS.

WHY NOT TRY that some time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs
Post Reply