Mind or minds

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
surreptitious57
Posts: 3094
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:48 am

AGE wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
The Universe is limited by the four fundamental forces [ gravity / electromagnetism / strong nuclear / weak nuclear ] and the laws of physics
That is what is said in 2019 years after one human was born and BELIEVED by some to be true
Some however might suggested that there is a more fundamental level to the Universe which is governed by some thing else
Scientific knowledge is provisional so can never be regarded as absolute outside of disproof or falsification
The most fundamental level to the Universe is quantum because without it nothing could exist including us

Age
Posts: 2360
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by Age » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:37 am

AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Age wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 am
Is this absolutely True?

I can think of a word that might NOT be able to be negated.
No. The way I see it there is nothing that can be said that is "absolutely True".
Does this include what you wrote just here?

If what you just wrote here is also NOT 'absolutely True', which obviously it could NOT be 'absolutely True', then it could be 'completely False', and therefore there could actually be some thing that IS 'absolutely True'.

We will just have to wait and SEE.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
What word are you thinking of that can not be negated? Even if we think about infinity, which, if it is True, can not be negated, we can still think about the limited which in turn negates the existence of the infinite... while infinity might be "absolutely True" thought is still able to put it into context and press it into a limited structure.Thus even infinity can not be "absolutely True" while, where the word infinity points to can still be absolute Truth.
You asked a question, seemingly looking for a response, but then you quickly went on TRYING TO argue that it was IMPOSSIBLE for any word NOT to be negated. You even put some thought into providing examples TRYING TO prove that there is NOTHING that can NOT be negated.

If you are still interested in what word that I was thinking of, and you are OPEN, to THEN LOOKING AT it to SEE if it can be negated or NOT, then just let me know. Then I will give that word.

However, in reply to the rest of what you wrote here;
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
"Even if we think about infinity, which, if it is True, can not be negated, we can still think about the limited which in turn negates the existence of the infinite... "
I am curious to understand WHY you think that when we think about the limited that this then negates the existence of infinity, especially if, as you said, if it is True, can not be negated?

If infinity exists, then HOW does just thinking about the limited mean that infinity does NOT exist anymore?

Some can SEE, the seemingly "both sides" of any thing, as well as, SEE the absolute Truth that lays in between.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
"while infinity might be "absolutely True" thought is still able to put it into context and press it into a limited structure.
Does putting something into context negate its truthfulness?"
If yes, HOW and WHY?

Can thought, itself, press some physical thing like an infinite Universe into a limited structure?
If yes, HOW?

Thinking of a limited structure surely, by itself, does NOT actually create a limited structure?

Thinking may NEVER create nor project the 'absolute True' picture of things, but KNOWING can and does.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Thus even infinity can not be "absolutely True" while, where the word infinity points to can still be absolute Truth.
i do NOT understand this. Are you saying that WHERE the word 'infinity' points to can be the absolute Truth, the word 'infinity', itself, can not be absolutely True?

Also, why can infinity (in italics) not be 'absolutely True'?
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Age wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 am
What is left is not nothing - what is left is no thing.

Or, Being?
Yes, being/knowing.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Age wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 am
The absolute Truth is there is One, and this One is the Knower, which by definition KNOWS ALL OF THIS, already.

Of course there is NO 'separate' Knower, but there obviously has to be A Knower.

How do you think you KNOW what you know?
I know because I am this being which is/exists as pure knowing (of itself).
Yes, you can say this being/knowing is the "One" - but this One is no limited thing, no entity as such. It simply is being/knowing.
Yes. But from what I have written so far I am NOT sure WHY you saw the NEED to write that this One is no limited thing, no entity as such.

I hope that I have NOT implied such a thing anywhere.

(I will save for later; I am this Being KNOWING (of Itself).)
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Age wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 am
Could the collective of ALL beings grouped into One agreement and agreed on 'set of ALL', just be A, or One, 'Being'?

There would be NO one to agree, as it was the agreement Itself, in the first place, that formed this One absolute Being.
I find it very unusual (for how my mind works anyway).
Who/what is the 'my' in 'my mind'?

And, who/what is the 'mind' in 'my mind'?

Find the CORRECT answer to these, and far more will be understood.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
to use the term agreement in such a way... For me an agreement is more of an accordance in opinion, in the way we think about something... to use it as a synonym for being is an interesting approach...
For example;
One [human] being discovers, and thus now KNOWS, that the earth revolves around the sun while everyone else (a religious group of [human] beings) THINKS they know that the sun revolves around the earth.

After a while of continually learning how to communicate this KNOWING, that one being becomes better and better at doing so, and in so doing, more and more people come to the same KNOWING.

What started out as a group of one [human] 'being' grew to be a bigger and bigger group of [human] beings until there was A, or one, group WHO were ALL looking at, and seeing, or observing, from the same One perspective. This group of many [human] beings became a group of one being, who observe from the same perspective. But only in relation to this matter, which, to you, is an agreement in accordance of opinion, in the way that a group think about some thing, which is also entirely correct.

But let us not look at, or imagine, a case of where one [human] being discovers, and thus now KNOWS, who/what the 'human being' IS, and, Who/What the 'I' IS, in the question Who am 'I'? After this KNOWING is communicated better and more and more [human] beings come to also understand and thus KNOW who/what the [human or i] being IS and Who/What the Being IS, and as the agreement grows bigger and stronger the many beings SEE, UNDERSTAND, and KNOW Who/What the Being Truly IS, and also WANT to BE, and BE-come, that Being.

This inevitable evolving transformation of be-coming into Self-realization, and BEing Who we really ARE, has been going on for eternity. But just like the [human] being evolved from [another] being, so will the [human] being, eventually, evolve into and BE the one True BE-ing.

There is, after ALL, (that come together) only One True Being, although there are many [human] beings, who THINK they KNOW that they are separate and different individual beings.

This one and only True Being, KNOWS Who/What It IS because It LOOKS FROM and SEES from absolutely EVERY thing's perspective as One. ONLY when there is an agreement from EVERY thing, which can only be found from LOOKING from EVERY thing's perspective is Thee Absolute Truth found, and SEEN. The KNOWER of Its Self is the One Who can Observe EVERY thing as One - Everything.

Those examples might have confused some human beings, some more, while showing others a bit more of what it IS that i want to communicate better.

Another example is; adult [human] beings THINK, in, the so called year, "2019", through past experiences, that they NEED a new car, a new watch, a new house, a computer, a phone, a job, jewelry, money, and a million other unnecessary things. BELIEVING they NEED these things is even worse, however, ALL of these beings are THINKING and LIVING as separate and different individual beings. Thus causing a conflicting, different, disagreeing world.

BUT, through past experiences ALL of these adult [human] beings can think back to when they were born, they may NOT remember being born, but they can certainly SEE and KNOW, just from watching/observing ALL the "other" [human] babies who have ALL shared the EXACT SAME experience of being born as EVERY [human] being has, that the Truth IS ALL human beings really NEED is to BE loved. Besides clean enough air, clean enough water, and a few nutrients, of which the human body NEEDS for its survival, and to be cared for, protected and guided, (which is just to be loved), of which the [human] being NEEDS for its survival, absolutely EVERY thing else are just WANTS and NOT needs at all.

Now, if EVERY [human] being was LOOKING AT and SEEING the world from this perspective, that is from the EYES of ANY or just ONE new born human being's perspective and they ALL LOOKED solely from that perspective, for example, then ALL of those beings would be being like the One True Being, Who is Living Life from the instinctual KNOWING, that is within ALL things or beings.

The way to obtain to BE-ing the One True Being is to find what it IS that ALL are in agreement on, and obviously ONLY what IS instinctual KNOWING to ALL being/things is what would be in agreement with, and for, EVERY one anyway, and then just doing that, or following that, what IS instinctively KNOWN as being True and Right for US, which is ourselves anyway, as One, then by working together as that One [Being], then we CAN and WILL reach and achieve what it IS that we ALL Truly WANT and NEED anyway.


AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Age wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 am
Sounds EXTREMELY contradictory, well to me anyway.

Do you mean 'its very existence' 'does not exist as a PHYSICAL thing', or, do you mean 'it' 'does not exist as absolutely ANY thing'?
I mean it doesn't exist as "a PHYSICAL thing" - it exists as being/knowing.
That is fine and good.

I have said more or less the same thing, and probably and never yet correct either, when i say; that 'time' is not a thing. When i would MIGHT be better off communicating that 'time' is not a physical thing.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Age wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 am
Even by definition to KNOW and KNOWING is different from thought and thinking. The nature of thought can, does all to often, actually interfere with, distort, prevent, and STOP KNOWING from revealing ITSELF.
Agree - the reason being that attention is mostly on thought-story and not on being/knowing itself - it is caught in interpretation instead of resting in its own nature.
And that is just because that is exactly how the brain works.

We, human beings, allow what the brain has interpreted to be true and right, to override what IS actually True and Right. This is NOT necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, because the Being/Knowing has only become into actuality or Self-realization because It NEEDED an intelligent enough species, like the human being, to come into existence, through evolution, before the 'I' can become KNOWN.

Although the human brain is Truly amazing has it has the ability to learn, understand, and reason absolutely any thing, this ability has allowed it to learn, understand, and reason things that are NOT even being close to being true and right. But having this ability to LEARN any thing has allowed human beings to evolve WHERE they are now, and also allow them to evolve into, and BE-ing, into the next stage of evolution. That is; a Truly Self-aware Being, with the ability to Create absolutely ANY thing that is WANTED. And, Who does NOT Truly WANT to live in peace and harmony together with EVERY One?
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Age wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 am
Well that sounds like an absolute Truth if ever I have heard one.

Are you absolute 100% SURE that finding agreement between ALL is a FOREVER IMPOSSIBILITY?

If so, then that is spoken from a True 'human being' perspective of 'THINGS'.
That's right - it is spoken from the human being perspective - and as such is can not be an "absolute Truth".
Fair enough, and that is great that you can SEE that from the human beings' perspective they have a very limited and narrow view of things.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
But, yes, I am pretty sure (not absolutely sure as thought can not provide this level of Truth)
So, how about LOOKING AT this from the KNOWING, or the Mind, instead of from the thinking, or the brain, and let us SEE what IS, un-covered and/or revealed?
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Why am I sure? Because the agreement is already the case - if you already have something you can not find it by looking for it, right? The only thing that will work is to realise that you always already had it and that the whole search has been an exercise in futility.
I could NOT agree any more.

For this human being was absolutely NOT searching for any thing other than to change for the better, but because of what they were doing, they completely, and completely unintentionally, stumbled across this agreed upon KNOWING, which is laying deep within EVERY being/thing.

HOW to release this always already held KNOWLEDGE, and revealing ITS Truth, is just some thing that can be discovered, and/or learned.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Age wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 am
Is there really any sense or purpose in just "sitting around" doing absolutely NOTHING, with that KNOWING?

I notice that you also have a somewhat NEED to be heard and understood. WHERE do you think that comes from?
I think it is the nature of being/knowing to grow,
The Being/Knowing can NOT grow, as It is already at ABSOLUTE, but the ever evolving/growing human being CAN grow/evolve into BE-coming more like the KNOWING BE-ing. In other words the human being can BE-come and BE more like the God-Being instead of like the human-being.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
to offer and extend itself to itself (I was often wondering if this might even be the reason why the universe seems to expand...) Love grows by giving itself
Great point.

Although the Universe, Itself, is NOT expanding; the WISDOM to SEE further afield, at least beyond the human beings narrow and limited field of view is expanding, and as you said well, as Love grows bigger/stronger by giving, or KNOWING, Its Self, then so does Itself grow bigger and stronger.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
- you only get more love by extending it, by offering it - the need to be understood comes from this love that Being has for itself.
All I am wanting to do is learn how to better communicate THAT, what i stumbled across, so that, if it is what I SEE it as being, then this will SHOW how to make Life better for EVERY one. But learning this, in a way that is NOT misunderstood nor misinterpreted, can at times appear troublesome.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
Personally, i want to never come on this forum again and just enjoy life, but there is an inner-drive within me that wants to be heard and understood.
Age wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 am
Is this Being able to OBSERVE, and KNOW, the agreed on?
It's actually all it ever can know - it does so by being it.
Agreed.
AlexW wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 am
It cannot know what is not in agreement - which is: the conceptual content of thought.
I would say that It can KNOW what is NOT in agreement - the conceptual content of thought, because;
1. It is within EVERY thing and IS able to Observe/SEE EVERY thing.
2. The conceptual content of thought is always HEARD in spoken words and SEEN in written words.

The conceptual content of thought is actually SPLASHED throughout these pages, on this forum, for ALL to SEE.

The conceptual content of thought can also be SEEN through ALL of human beings' creations.

The conceptual content of thought is, literally, EVERYWHERE in this human made "world".

Age
Posts: 2360
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by Age » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:11 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:26 am
Can a human mind ever know absolute truth ?
I think it will be discovered that there is NO human mind.

Try this for an experiment, if you like, catch when you say the 'mind', or see and hear others use the word 'mind', in relation to 'human mind', and just replace that word with the word 'thought' as in 'human thought', and see how many times that it can be replaced, and still makes sense.

I could very easily prove that there is one Mind, but I do NOT know how I could prove that there is a human mind or even more than one mind.

And, no i will not now do it here, in this forum, not yet anyway, because i have NOT yet obtained the capabilities to do this YET. There is NOT enough space in this forum, for me anyway, for the amount of words that i would currently need to use to prove this to each and every one of you.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:26 am
Certainly there are minds who claim such knowledge
There, certainly, are thoughts/people/human beings who might claim to know absolute truth.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:26 am
but there is however a difference between claiming and knowing and the distinction may not always be known to those minds making the claim. And when two or more of them then cite
their specific interpretation of absolute truth which contradict each other then they cannot all be right [ and maybe not even one of them is ]
What is the definition of 'absolute truth'?

What would happen if EVERY one claimed to know 'absolute truth', and ALL where in agreement on that?

Would a Mind [ not the same as a mind ] know what absolute truth is ?

That would depend on what YOUR definition of 'Mind', and how that is related to YOUR definition of 'mind' IS?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:26 am
What is one exactly ?
What are you asking for here; Do you want an example of an 'absolute truth', or, do you want a definition of 'absolute truth'?

Or, are you asking for some thing else here?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:26 am
It could be God but for me if there is actually such
a thing independent of human thought it is just another word for Universe. It is ALL THERE IS [ AND HAS EVER BEEN AND EVER WILL BE ] It does
have other names too [ REALITY / EXISTENCE ] I prefer EXISTENCE myself since it is more self explanatory and is therefore easier to understand

One thing I think is true however is this : no matter what other name / names human minds choose to give the Universe they will never be able
to fully understand it as it is too complex for this.
Is that an absolute truth, or just one thought, within that one head?

The Universe, Itself, it could be said is the most basic structure existing.

The Universe is made up of only two basic components, which sit in opposition of each of each, which creates absolutely EVERY thing else, in equilibrium.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:26 am
Its scale and capability is beyond human comprehension and most of it is not even accessible
to human minds.
That ALL depends on HOW you want to LOOK AT It.

The Universe can be LOOKED AT from the human beings' very narrow, limited perspective, or, from another much more OPEN perspective.

One can only see so far, while the other can SEE EVERY thing. No prizes if you guess right which ones matche.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:26 am
Which were not even in existence for the overwhelming majority of this Universes existence. That is KNOWN existence of this Universe. This says absolutely nothing about the UNKNOWN Universe or OTHER Universes which if they exist would also constitute the Universe
Are you aware of just how contradictory the last part of your last sentence is here?

Age
Posts: 2360
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by Age » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:16 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:54 am
The Universe can be the set A [ ALL THAT EXISTS ] and this is absolutely everything that has ever existed and will ever exist and
includes other Universes too [ if they exist ] But it is still only a single set even though it is the largest possible set that there is

It can however be split into smaller sub sets which are greater than the number of the original set A
These sets however are only mathematical not physical so only exist as concepts within human kinds

So both before the existence of and after the extinction of such minds these sets will not exist because they cannot be conceived
The ONLY place that any concept can exist is inside a mind so when the mind can no longer function any concept ceases to be too
In just you very short, to me, last two posts you used the word mind or minds about ten times.

Would you care to define what the word 'mind' means to you?

That way I will have grasped some sort of understanding of what you are actually referring to when you use that word.

Age
Posts: 2360
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by Age » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:35 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:15 am
AGE wrote:
To even to begin to ASSUME that the Universe [ ALL THERE IS ] IS expanding one would NEED to be able to SEE ALL of the Universe
Human beings only able to see a fraction of ALL THERE IS

Also if we want to use and LOOK AT the balloon analogy then whatever is on the other or out side
of the lining of the balloon whether it be any thing or no thing THAT is still a part of ALL THERE IS

By definition ALL THERE IS could NOT get bigger
When physicists say the Universe is expanding they only mean the observable Universe
I KNOW human beings have a tendency to only look at, and from, a very narrow and limited field of view, but this is beyond ridiculousness.

The human beings, who are labelled 'physicists', are some times looked up to by the labelled "academics" or "intellectual" human beings as being somewhat smarter than "others" are, but if these so called "physicists" are going to base their so called "understanding" of the Universe and say that the Universe is expanding, on, ONLY the observable to human beings', part, in the so called year of 2019, then I am dumbstruck.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:15 am
They do not mean any unobservable part of this Universe and / or any other Universe
Has it never struck you to question, or even consider, how blatantly misleading it is to say some thing like: The Universe is expanding. When all they really only mean is that tiny minuscule part that they call the observable part is expanding?

Which by the way may NOT even be expanding at all. BUT that is another whole issue for another topic of discussion.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:15 am
The definition ALL THERE IS includes this expanding Universe and if they exist other Universes also
I really do have to question you now in regards to; How can it be, logically, possible for OTHER Universes to be existing in the one and only Universe?

By the way, I do KNOW what is included in the definition of; ALL-THERE-IS.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:15 am
So ALL THERE IS is simply what actually is at any point in the eternal never ending NOW of existence
I am NOT sure why you are telling me this. WHY are you telling me this?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:15 am
It is therefore not the same for every instant of NOW but is in actual fact different for every single one
WHAT is NOT the same?

The Universe may being changing in shape and form, in all ways, ALWAYS-NOW. But the make up and structure of thee Universe is ALWAYS the same.

Age
Posts: 2360
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by Age » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:40 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:26 am
AGE wrote:
you say there are human minds then what are they
Mind is the mental application of the physical organ known as the brain [ this is a very basic definition ]
So in other words just; 'thinking'. Am I close?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:26 am
When the brain dies then mind ceases to function although the brain carries on existing in matter form
So in other words; when the brain dies, or stops functioning, the mental application, or thinking, ceases to function also. Am I close?

Age
Posts: 2360
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by Age » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:41 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:48 am
AGE wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
The Universe is limited by the four fundamental forces [ gravity / electromagnetism / strong nuclear / weak nuclear ] and the laws of physics
That is what is said in 2019 years after one human was born and BELIEVED by some to be true
Some however might suggested that there is a more fundamental level to the Universe which is governed by some thing else
Scientific knowledge is provisional so can never be regarded as absolute outside of disproof or falsification
The most fundamental level to the Universe is quantum because without it nothing could exist including us
Is that the MOST fundamental level?

surreptitious57
Posts: 3094
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:46 am

AGE wrote:
I think it will be discovered that there is NO human mind

Try this for an experiment if you like catch when you say the mind or see and hear others use the word mind in relation to human mind and
just replace that word with the word thought as in human thought and see how many times that it can be replaced and still makes sense

I could very easily prove that there is one Mind but I do NOT know how I could prove that there is a human mind or even more than one mind

And no i will not now do it here in this forum not yet anyway because i have NOT yet obtained the capabilities to do this YET
There is NOT enough space in this forum for me anyway for the amount of words that i would currently need to use to prove this
to each and every one of you
I use the word mind to describe brain function and prefer it to the word thought and so I will carry on using it for that reason
But your point would be sound if there was actually no such thing as the human mind even though I do not actually know this

surreptitious57
Posts: 3094
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:07 am

AGE wrote:
What is the definition of absolute truth ?

What would happen if EVERY one claimed to know absolute truth and ALL where in agreement on that ?

Would a Mind [ not the same as a mind ] know what absolute truth is ?

That would depend on what YOUR definition of Mind and how that is related to YOUR definition of mind IS ?
Absolute truth is eternally true

Consciousness raising would happen were everyone to claim knowledge of absolute truth and there was agreement on this

A Mind could know what absolute truth is if this was the definition of one but my definition of Mind is simply ALL THERE IS
And ALL THERE IS does not automatically know what absolute truth is because Mind simply exists rather than experiences
In exactly the same way that the Universe simply exists rather than experiences [ to me Mind and Universe are the same ]

surreptitious57
Posts: 3094
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:14 am

AGE wrote:
I really do have to question you now in regards to How can it be logically possible for OTHER Universes to be existing in the one and only Universe

By the way I do KNOW what is included in the definition of ALL THERE IS
Universe can mean either this Universe [ in part or in whole ] or all Universes [ in part or in whole ]

ALL THERE IS is very simply absolutely everything that has ever existed and is existing and will ever exist for ever more
ALL THERE IS is the eternal NOW which is eternally changing from each infinistemal NOW to the next infinitesimal NOW

surreptitious57
Posts: 3094
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:29 am

AGE wrote:
The Universe may being changing in shape and for in all ways ALWAYS NOW
But the make up and structure of thee Universe is ALWAYS the same
Is there only one single NOW or are there many different NOWS all happening at different times that are NOW
In what way EXACTLY is the make up and structure of the Universe always the same and also why is it like this

surreptitious57
Posts: 3094
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:36 am

AGE wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
The most fundamental level to the Universe is quantum
Is that the MOST fundamental level
It is the most fundamental level that I actually know of at this particular point in time
But it is entirely possible that there may be another undiscovered one deeper than this

Logik
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Mind or minds

Post by Logik » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:39 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:36 am
AGE wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
The most fundamental level to the Universe is quantum
Is that the MOST fundamental level
It is the most fundamental level that I actually know of at this particular point in time
But it is entirely possible that there may be another undiscovered one deeper than this
What if it is turtles all the way down?

surreptitious57
Posts: 3094
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:48 am

LOGIK wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
AGE wrote:
Is that the MOST fundamental level
It is the most fundamental level that I actually know of at this particular point in time
But it is entirely possible that there may be another undiscovered one deeper than this
What if it is turtles all the way down
Then that is what is : an infinite regress of never ending reptiles all the way to eternity and beyond
It is not for minds to question reality but rather to try and accept it as it is wherever this is possible

surreptitious57
Posts: 3094
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Mind or minds

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:03 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
AGE wrote:
I really do have to question you now in regards to
How can it be logically possible for OTHER Universes to be existing in the one and only Universe

By the way I do KNOW what is included in the definition of ALL THERE IS
Universe can mean either this Universe [ in part or in whole ] or all Universes [ in part or in whole ]

ALL THERE IS is very simply absolutely everything that has ever existed and is existing and will ever exist for ever more
ALL THERE IS is the eternal NOW which is eternally changing from each infinitesimal NOW to the next infinitesimal NOW
[ Corrected For Spelling Mistake ]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest