The thoughts of Nisargadatta Maharaj

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: The thoughts of Nisargadatta Maharaj

Post by Walker »

seeds wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:22 am
Walker wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:00 am
seeds wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:52 am
In other words, you haven't a clue, and neither did Sri Nisargadatta.
_______
Aren't you the nasty person.

In other words, The Supreme Ordering Principle of the Universe.

No spoon feed for you.

A quick check with google suggests that you could begin with Spinoza and see where that road takes you, if you're actually into knowing, rather than identifying as, the typical and tired old second rate elevator inspector identity* …

* unlicensed.
What's nasty about pointing out a simple and obvious truth?

However, if you can provide us with a truly logical explanation as to precisely how "The Supreme Ordering Principle of the Universe" - became - "The Supreme Ordering Principle of the Universe," then I'm listening.
_______
Really. You insist that The Supreme conform to the limitations you outline, or else you can't listen.

To that I say more precisely, or else you can't hear.

This happens with ossification. You know what you know, by gum, and any explanations better conform to those limitations.

Such a tired old forum dance you hoof, but I try to spice it up!

Regarding your nastiness, does your use of the word "us" intend to include me in the community, or isolate me as other than the us to be informed? Hummm. Tell the truth now. Speaking of truth ...

Calling a vampire a garlic-eating blood donor is not an insult because it’s patently false, however calling a Greenie a resource-wasting de-growther is an insult because it’s true, and the Left has a knee-jerk need to gas-light the truth of virtually any and every thing, virtually without exception, thus the truth is always an insult.

Such as the Left is a corrupted ordering of the universe, to be sure, however merely a subset of the Supreme.

Many can see

The drop in the sea

The uncorrupted always see

The sea in the drop … and the drip.

Savvy?

Keep being a drip and it will get you no further. Tsk tsk.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Now, try to hold my attention.

Amuse me.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:53 am
Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:40 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:19 pm
- Sri Nisargadatta’s observation means that each form accesses a portion of the same total consciousness.
Well I guess we just have to live with our limitations since corruption is a fact of life. It's not likely that anyone was ever so uncorrupted as to experience the whole of consciousness...

Christ, Buddha, to name two. There's more, but who needs the tedium of debating a proof of what's past, and thus debatable? Not I, said the little red hen.

whatever that's supposed to mean, even though there is no shortage of gurus and quacks trying to explain it being thoroughly conscious of its mega mula potential.

You don't say, Mr. Corruption Cliche. Don't forget the priests diddling the lil' chillen, or the many teachers who do the same.

...a minor detail. Sri Nisargadatta doesn't mention where this consciousness comes from that's supposed to be rationed out based on the form meant to contain it.

How do you know? Have you done all your own research that is to be done? No, you have not, and I'm not particularly into forced spoon-feeding.

:)
You're free to spoon-feed yourself by any amount of BS you like. For others to accept the kind of inane garbage you so easily ingest doesn't require spoon-feeding but force-feeding.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dubious wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:57 am
You're free to spoon-feed yourself by any amount of BS you like. For others to accept the kind of inane garbage you so easily ingest doesn't require spoon-feeding but force-feeding.
Yawn. Tell me what we are, where we are from, where we are going.

Otherwise you are not even worth reading.

Uh huh.

(This style of philosophizing is easy ... just piss on everyone.)
:lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

We are not amused. However …

I bet Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj has some words that put order to the essence of this clip.
Maybe those words will turn up someday, somewhere, somehow, and may they even avoid false attribution.

Marching Up and Down The Square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhrDrE4-mI
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:36 am

Uh huh.

Not everyone! Just on some who are very pissable. I'd have zero objection if you never respond to anything I wrote that way you'll avoid me having to piss on you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:29 pm

Uh huh.

Not everyone! Just on some who are very pissable. I'd have zero objection if you never respond to anything I wrote that way you'll avoid me having to piss on you.
:lol: :lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:55 am

Uh huh.

Ah, you are one of those who seek to outrage. This is an interesting intent that appears in some people, in varying degrees, but each of those degrees stems from the same root.

The same motivation that drives your need to piss on people, because you have assumed that these people will be outraged at being pissed upon, can be seen in other acts motivated by those types who share your need, and act from that same root.

Take for example, those who feel the need to desecrate a church in order to cause outrage among the parishioners.

These type of folks, motivated as you are by the need to cause outrage, have been known to actually urinate on the alter. They have been known to shit on the alter and then, take sacred documents from that church and wipe their ass with the sacred words, while their friends giggle.

The bolder ones will then burn down the church with fire.

And with the church gone, what else to do, to cause outrage?

Well, those who really want to piss off people, some pissable-off people, will turn and say, these parishioners have daughters. Where might they be hidden?

And then to further piss off the folks, and really get a rise out of them, they will rape the daughters.
While their friends giggle.

Oh, there's more that those motivated by the need to cause outrage will do, Adolph.

That’s how it is with folks who seek to cause outrage.

(Are you feeling it, Trolls? Hmmm?)

:|
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:48 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:55 am

Ah, you are one of those who seek to outrage. This is an interesting intent that appears in some people, in varying degrees, but each of those degrees stems from the same root.

The same motivation that drives your need to piss on people, because you have assumed that these people will be outraged at being pissed upon, can be seen in other acts motivated by those types who share your need, and act from that same root.

Take for example, those who feel the need to desecrate a church in order to cause outrage among the parishioners.

These type of folks, motivated as you are by the need to cause outrage, have been known to actually urinate on the alter. They have been known to shit on the alter and then, take sacred documents from that church and wipe their ass with the sacred words, while their friends giggle.

The bolder ones will then burn down the church with fire.

And with the church gone, what else to do, to cause outrage?

Well, those who really want to piss off people, some pissable-off people, will turn and say, these parishioners have daughters. Where might they be hidden?

And then to further piss off the folks, and really get a rise out of them, they will rape the daughters.
While their friends giggle.

Oh, there's more that those motivated by the need to cause outrage will do, Adolph.

That’s how it is with folks who seek to cause outrage.

(Are you feeling it, Trolls? Hmmm?)

:|
Hit a nerve much :lol:

Spoiler alert: FACTS really don't give a flying fart about your feelings.

''Stoicisim'' the only self-help you will ever need. If one suffers, we all suffer. Savvy! :shock:

Now why don't you just have the balls to grow a pair, and quit complaining you poor little man-child.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:02 am
Hit a nerve much :lol:

Spoiler alert: FACTS really don't give a flying fart about your feelings.

''Stoicisim'' the only self-help you will ever need. If one suffers, we all suffer. Savvy! :shock:

Now why don't you just have the balls to grow a pair, and quit complaining you poor little man-child.
And that folks, is how a giggling, middle-school mentality expresses outrage over the few bits and pieces of reality that are comprehensible.

You know what they say about females who curse a lot and habitually reference man parts, even to the point of showing off a personal dildo to the world ...

(They say it's a manifestation of, they ain't gettin' any, and that's causing a conflict in a blind spot.)

No complaints here. And really, the only feelings involved are connected with presenting "Just the facts, Ma'am" as Sergeant Friday says. Rather objective feelings, you know, like what you feel when you step on a cockroach.

Rather, it's more along the lines of, if the hot piss fits, wear it.

That's gotta be worth a double giggle, eh winky stinky? :wink:

btw, you don't have to read any of this.

(Are you feeling it, Troll?)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Please just do us all a favour and stick a dummy in it, you poor blah blah blah bleating man-child.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:16 am
You know what they say about females who curse a lot and habitually reference man parts, even to the point of showing off a personal dildo to the world ...
Fact! Woman has no need for man parts. I know that's really hard for you man parts to accept, aww, never mind, there there, I know it's hard for you. Maybe you should just make us all disappear. Wouldn't that be fun. :lol:

It's almost like no one has ever seen a penis before....oh shock horror, how very dare I :shock:
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:29 am Please just do us all a favour and stick a dummy in it, you poor blah blah blah bleating man-child.

https://keyassets-p2.timeincuk.net/wp/p ... 20x706.jpg

That is such an adorable baby!

Just imagine.

There are those who walk among us who actually murder such innocence.

By the millions!

History will look back and say, who were these monsters who call themselves, Us?

Do you feel that, Troll?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:36 am
Walker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:16 am
Fact! Woman has no need for man parts. I know that's really hard for you man parts to accept, aww, never mind, there there, I know it's hard for you. Maybe you should just make us all disappear. Wouldn't that be fun. :lol:

It's almost like no one has ever seen a penis before....oh shock horror, how very dare I :shock:
Sheesh. Must have touched a nerve, rarely touched. No wonder you're so hysterical for me to leave.

You don't have to read it.

Last edited by Walker on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:37 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:29 am Please just do us all a favour and stick a dummy in it, you poor blah blah blah bleating man-child.

https://keyassets-p2.timeincuk.net/wp/p ... 20x706.jpg

That is such an adorable baby!

Just imagine.

There are those who walk among us who actually murder such innocence.

By the millions!

History will look back and say, who were these monsters who call themselves, Us?

Do you feel that, Troll?

Poor innocents, maybe you should just think about the murderous monsters that await all those poor innocents, before you decide to dip your end of the bargain into us. :shock: