The thoughts of Nisargadatta Maharaj

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The thoughts of Nisargadatta Maharaj

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:17 pm Perverse defines troll, which you are.
I know I am but what am I ? :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:36 am
Yawn. Tell me what we are, where we are from, where we are going.

Why don't you know? are you lost or something? :lol:

Here, allow me to help you understand. Image
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:59 am
Walker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:47 am I suppose halfwits can find just about any excuse for murder.

Hell, no need to suppose.

Just look around.
My dear boy, every time you dip your willy in me you are potentially creating the possiblity that the outcome will result in a killer being born :shock:

Why can't you just accept the consequences of your own thoughtless actions? :lol:

Ever heard of birth control? :lol: Stop procreating the bloody murdering bastards in the first place, savvy!
Hey pig....

Dont forget to address this beautiful pearl of philosophical wisdom by yours truly. . pearls before swine, get behind me. :lol: 8)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Walker wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:56 am But understand that it is not really the individual that has consciousness, but it is the consciousness that assumes innumerable forms.
Philosophize, beginning with Sri Nisargadatta’s thoughts.

Or,
piss on and dismiss those thoughts,
or,
just roll in shit like a pig, out of habit,
or,
join the pig, keeping in mind that the pig loves it.

When one of these happens, it’s not because of choice.

It’s because of, no-choice.
Walker

Post by Walker »

DAM wrote: ...
You're dismissed, having served as an example.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:46 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:56 am But understand that it is not really the individual that has consciousness, but it is the consciousness that assumes innumerable forms.
Philosophize, beginning with Sri Nisargadatta’s thoughts.

Or,
piss on and dismiss those thoughts,
or,
just roll in shit like a pig, out of habit,
or,
join the pig, keeping in mind that the pig loves it.

When one of these happens, it’s not because of choice.

It’s because of, no-choice.
Thoughts are no ones thoughts, meaning, they are everyones thoughts. You assumed there is a named someone who could piss on them. Why would you do that to yourself? :lol:

And now He's back, he came back, I knew it wouldn't be long before he returned to play with me.

I know you hate me but I love you, please don't swoon. :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:49 pm
DAM wrote: ...
You're dismissed, having served as an example.
Thank-you for using me.

Purposed served, now piss off.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:17 pm Perverse defines troll, which you are.
Don't forums ban trolls?

I'll believe I am a troll, when I'm banned, when the authoritarian character who poses as Walker reports my well thought out philosophical ideas that always come from a place of good intention. So, until you report me as a troll to the Mods, resulting in me being banned.

I'm not going to believe you when you say I am a troll OK? :lol:

Walker

Post by Walker »

Experience, however sublime, is not the real thing. By its very nature it comes and goes. Self-realization is not an acquisition. It is more of the nature of understanding. Once arrived at, it cannot be lost. On the other hand, consciousness is changeful, flowing, undergoing transformation from moment to moment. Do not hold on to consciousness and its contents. Consciousness held, ceases. To try to perpetuate a flash of insight, or a burst of happiness is destructive of what it wants to preserve. What comes must go. The permanent is beyond all comings and goings. Go to the root of all experience, to the sense of being. Beyond being and not-being lies the immensity of the real. Try and try again.

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Comment:
Eventually, whatever presents as experience becomes fascinating enough for the moment.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

"Walker, there is no path, you make the path while walking."
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:13 am "Walker, there is no path, you make the path while walking."
That would certainly apply to those intent on making crop circles, although the concept of crop circles itself is a path in the mind to be filled with all that busy-beaver dedication.

Not by works, not by footsteps though they be many, not by "the known," but by grace.
Walker

Post by Walker »

“When a butcher attains the realized state, he continues his vocation of slaughtering animals, because he knows that it is only the function of the body but that he is not the body and mind. He does not even need a God nor the knowledge of the Brahman.”

The Nectar of Immortality
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:06 pm “When a butcher attains the realized state, he continues his vocation of slaughtering animals, because he knows that it is only the function of the body but that he is not the body and mind. He does not even need a God nor the knowledge of the Brahman.”

That's just sick.

That is satanic thinking.

But according to this sick mind, it is immoral and unethical to abort a baby once it's conceived. Even though the baby has no more knowledge of it's slaughter than does a fully formed live animal know of it's slaughter. Even though animals have a keen sense of impending doom, which is manifest as fear, it doesn't matter as long as I get to fulfil my addiction to meat, because I'm just a selfish slob out for my own pleasure only, of which the most intense pleasure is the idea of immortality. Where the pleasure is all worth it, so forget about the fear of impending doom that will continue on forever as long as I get to be immortal.

The only immortality is no mortality, I do not know of any other immortality, do you?

No one ever attained the realised state, if it did, it wouldn't want it, I mean who in their right mind would want to slaughter itself?

Awakening is an illusion and those who preach the concept that one can become awakened is a satanic sick idiotic thinking entity, insofar as they are dealing with the idea they exist separate from their own self-conception. That is the sickness that is preached by every single nondual guru.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:31 am
Walker wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:06 pm “When a butcher attains the realized state, he continues his vocation of slaughtering animals, because he knows that it is only the function of the body but that he is not the body and mind. He does not even need a God nor the knowledge of the Brahman.”

That's just sick.
You have something against butchers?

He's simply including Eskimos into his schemata.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:02 pm You have something against butchers?

He's simply including Eskimos into his schemata.
You have something for conception?

If you have, then eat it without spitting it back out.