~ The War in Your Mind ~

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ The War in Your Mind ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Over 115 individuals die EACH DAY in America due to overdose.

If this figure, 115, was reached in any open conflict in America, the outrage & national reaction would be earth shaking.

For example, Vietnam was a 10 year active military engagement for America. Vietnam was actually the last major conflict that the USA was involved in. We lost approximately 50,000 individuals during that ~10 year period.

In America, in 2018, we recognize the loss of 42,000 Americans due to prescribed & unprescribed medications. The actual loss of lives could be MUCH HIGHER.

So actually, we lose almost 10 times as many individuals in this War in Your Mind EACH YEAR compared to the Vietnam War

And we are all on the battlefield each day. There is no escape. All of us pay the price of this incredible war. Financially, emotionally & even physically - even if we are not directly engaging in drug use. Legal or illegal.

We are an evolving species. We have quite recently entered a new dimension within ourselves. Within our minds.

There is no turning back. We are engaged.

This is a war.

It is hard to philosophize when there is a war all around us, and more importantly, inside us.

But I am asking you, as a brother in arms, how do you picture this battle? This war?

This is our consciousness and we are fighting for turf as we slowly make inroads into the territory previously held by our unconsciousness.

Are you a warrior?

............................................................Image

Lacewing

Re: ~ The War in Your Mind ~

Post by Lacewing »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 pm So actually, we lose almost 10 times as many individuals in this War in Your Mind EACH YEAR compared to the Vietnam War

And we are all on the battlefield each day. There is no escape. All of us pay the price of this incredible war. Financially, emotionally & even physically - even if we are not directly engaging in drug use. Legal or illegal.

We are an evolving species. We have quite recently entered a new dimension within ourselves. Within our minds.

There is no turning back. We are engaged.

This is a war.

It is hard to philosophize when there is a war all around us, and more importantly, inside us.

But I am asking you, as a brother in arms, how do you picture this battle? This war?

This is our consciousness and we are fighting for turf as we slowly make inroads into the territory previously held by our unconsciousness.

Are you a warrior?
I can see your perspective. Yes, we are all warriors... to be here "doing Earth"... it's very challenging. For me, personally, I do not identify what you describe as "war". Rather, our mental creativity is capable of creating Heaven or Hell in any single moment. There is not a battle going on, unless we create that battle. Rather, there are vast potentials to experience, and there are all kinds of reasons why we might be drawn to or thrust into one potential or another. Still, we create... regardless of where we are, we work with it. That's my experience.
Bill Wiltrack

Re: ~ The War in Your Mind ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

............................................................Image

I understand and respect your perspective.

I realize that the metaphor I created may not be shared by other PhilosophyNow Forum members here.

I created this metaphor in order to magnify the seriousness of what mankind may be facing. No matter what country you live in.

Like most members here I have engaged in the use of prescription & nonprescription medications. In your words, I have created a heaven in my earth. That heaven, in a few occasions, has turned into hell-on-earth for me.

Creativity; manifestations will continue; Heaven, hell, & EVERYTHING in between.

What I would like you to take away is that WE ARE ACTIVELY ENGAGED IN A WAR. YOU may give-up. YOU may die. But humanity is fighting for consciousness. This is our war. And it is a worthwhile conflict. A personal fight for consciousness is the ONLY measure of importance we have in this moment.