The mind itself cannot know anything.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

daramantus

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by daramantus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:39 pm

I did that, screenshotted your attempt to influence our subconscious, which is obviously a flawed attempt. I did that for you to reflect upon the bullshit you are regurgitating upon others. Your "nothing" religion, which if it was true, you wouldn't be here and trying to convince anyone, you'd simply live like a Zen fraud in the midst of a forest parroting to yourself "nothing" "nothing" I don't observe, no observer, the observer is nobody, I am a no one to society, and blah blah

moron.jpg
moron.jpg (37.11 KiB) Viewed 128 times

"nothing" except for when you post here your bullshit, there there is something you want to tell others in a forum that you know others will read, something like that, which isn't quite nothing

bahman

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by bahman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:38 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:52 pm
'' The mind itself cannot know anything since it only comes about itself as a result of Consciousness acting through the insentient matter of the brain. The knowledge of some object 'arises' when the mind is impacted on by the object. But what is actually happening is that Consciousness, as the object, is manifesting to itself through the mind, which is itself also operating only by virtue of Consciousness. Thus, a good definition of knowledge is that it is the manifestation of Consciousness (to itself) through the mind. ''

'' The greatest of all delusions is the conviction that knowledge is not a delusion.''
There is no mind but only conscious state.