The Inter Mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SteveKlinko

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:04 am
SteveKlinko wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:56 amBut the simple question remains: How is it that we experience the color Red? What is Conscious Red? I need this answer before I can move on to anything else. This is the Brick Wall that Science and Philosophy have hit.
But Steve, it's a hard question for the one who want's to know, but a simple question for the one who already knows.

What the intuitive's have noticed is that there is this sense of aliveness... and then there is a notion within that aliveness that says ..I AM alive.

Even though the I AM is prior to any inference about it...so any inference must be inclusive within the prior state, indicating the illusory nature of inference.

Any questions about the absolute is absurd - it's like how can the relative know anything about the absolute....there is only the absolute that cannot be known, it is the knowing in the experiencing of aliveness.

It's like HOW is this feeling of being alive even possible, HOW am I even alive?

The HOW cannot be known or answered, intuition dictates that there was no one here at the beginning and there will be no one here at the end. And since there is no one here in the beginning and no one here at the end then HOW can there be one here in the middle.

And yet divinely paradoxically....ONE IS HERE.

To know the how's or why's here is here right now ...would take two consciousnesses.

The intuitive's already know the answer to the one question of how and why. The answer is.. one knows simply because one doesn't know.

Steve, I don't think one can go any further than this....just as you cannot cross the horizon, nor can infinity ever complete.

Think about it..there is only ever one question to all our answers.

Maybe someday I'll get it. But for now I have to keep asking.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Atla wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pm
SteveKlinko wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:46 pm Here is the basic question that this thread asks ... Given:

1) Neural Activity for Red happens.
2) A Conscious experience of Red happens.

How does 1 produce 2? The old Dodge that the Red experience is just an Illusion doesn't work anymore. Even if you think it is an Illusion then what is the thing that experiences the Illusion?
Imo the trick is to realize that Western cultural mind-matter dualism is bullshit, we just see double. Materialism is bullshit. Idealism is bullshit. Matter and experience are one and the same thing.

It's not that experience is restricted to the human head; it's fundamental and one and the same thing as matter. This isn't panpsychism however, panpsychism still is a double vision projected into everything.

So 1 doesn't produce 2. 1 and 2 are one and the same thing said twice.

So there is no gap that needs closing, and no need for an Inter Mind. Red is fundamental, and in the language of science, some kind of material structure or wave or whatever will eventually be found, that corresponds to "red".
I can't help it, I have studied the Physical World and I do not see the Conscious experience of the Color Red in the Physical World. The Conscious experience of Red seems to me to be something different than anything in the Physical World. This is why it is only logical to conclude that there is some sort of Conscious World or Conscious Space that Conscious experience happens in. I see separation not oneness here. But I have an open mind about what you say and would like to understand that some day.

--------
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pmAlso, I read the last few comments of your Inter Mind topic on the skeptic forum. Apparently some skeptics think that everyone who doesn't think that experience is an illusion, is crazy.

They don't believe in red. This further confirms my suspicion that extreme skepticism is a mental disorder.
It has been a real marathon with those people. They really don't know how Neural Activity produces the experience of Red, so they create all kinds of diversions that have nothing to do with the question.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 am Maybe someday I'll get it. But for now I have to keep asking.
Asking...is a movement of the mind...the more you move, you move right along side with that moment, never quite catching what it is you want to catch. Tis, only in perfect stillness is this seen. Seen, but never caught, for this cannot approach itself...there is just no room to approach itself...it's too tight, in that there is no gap...for there is only SELF aka infinity.

The inter mind is the interface between two faces....one face is imageless, and the other face is the image of the imageless. The mind is the claimer of the image, but ignores the imagless. So the mind puts a veil over it's true face. Only when the mind is in abeyance like in deep dreamless sleep, will what you are looking for ..be seen for what might be the very first time....you will see that you have existed before you knew you existed and that existence is nondual and there is no other thing apart from the nondual existence...existing anywhere.

What's happening when the consciousness tries to look at itself... is the contents of the transparent mind searches for itself within that transparency...and wonders why it is confused.

Neither of the two faces can ever see the other face..for one very good reason Steve, the one is an image of the imageless.

“The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.” - Jung

Having said that Steve, your work is wonderful, you have a gift for writing and expressing the mystery of consciousness in a very unique way. You are the artist of your own imagination Steve...only you, your thoughts are what's creating your reality...there is nothing outside of that for you, that is not more of you.

Those who genuinely know who they are which is transparent consciousness aka the mirror that reflects itself ...those genuine awakened people will never ridicule you or your capacity to express yourself in writing...only the skeptic will use derogatory name calling on you because they are insecure about what constitutes real knowledge...they instinctively know you are on to something that they cannot grasp, so in their frustration they call you the idiot.. when it's their own idiocy projected as if it was yours..but you already know your own mind, so ignore the brick-brats.

The skeptic lives in doubt and confusion, but the one who is true to itself..has nothing to lose or defend, for it knows home and nothing can ever touch home.

Good luck on your quest, journey of self discovery Steve.

Bye the way Steve..have you ever read this book.....it might help shed some more light on this topic for you?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stalking-Wild- ... 0892812028
bahman

Post by bahman »

I think it is simple. Brain produces Qualia and mind experience it. Experience is a property of mind.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:10 am
SteveKlinko wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 am Maybe someday I'll get it. But for now I have to keep asking.
Asking...is a movement of the mind...the more you move, you move right along side with that moment, never quite catching what it is you want to catch. Tis, only in perfect stillness is this seen. Seen, but never caught, for this cannot approach itself...there is just no room to approach itself...it's too tight, in that there is no gap...for there is only SELF aka infinity.

The inter mind is the interface between two faces....one face is imageless, and the other face is the image of the imageless. The mind is the claimer of the image, but ignores the imagless. So the mind puts a veil over it's true face. Only when the mind is in abeyance like in deep dreamless sleep, will what you are looking for ..be seen for what might be the very first time....you will see that you have existed before you knew you existed and that existence is nondual and there is no other thing apart from the nondual existence...existing anywhere.

What's happening when the consciousness tries to look at itself... is the contents of the transparent mind searches for itself within that transparency...and wonders why it is confused.

Neither of the two faces can ever see the other face..for one very good reason Steve, the one is an image of the imageless.

“The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.” - Jung

Having said that Steve, your work is wonderful, you have a gift for writing and expressing the mystery of consciousness in a very unique way. You are the artist of your own imagination Steve...only you, your thoughts are what's creating your reality...there is nothing outside of that for you, that is not more of you.

Those who genuinely know who they are which is transparent consciousness aka the mirror that reflects itself ...those genuine awakened people will never ridicule you or your capacity to express yourself in writing...only the skeptic will use derogatory name calling on you because they are insecure about what constitutes real knowledge...they instinctively know you are on to something that they cannot grasp, so in their frustration they call you the idiot.. when it's their own idiocy projected as if it was yours..but you already know your own mind, so ignore the brick-brats.

The skeptic lives in doubt and confusion, but the one who is true to itself..has nothing to lose or defend, for it knows home and nothing can ever touch home.

Good luck on your quest, journey of self discovery Steve.

Bye the way Steve..have you ever read this book.....it might help shed some more light on this topic for you?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stalking-Wild- ... 0892812028
Thank You for the nice words. I feel like it is a quest. The depth of the confusion about Consciousness amazes me. The thing that is the most frustrating is when they say it is just an Illusion. They say this without using any chain of logic, they just say it so it must be true. I thought that by now we would be having more relevant conversations about Consciousness. But instead I'm, unbelievably over and over again, having to convince the Physicalists that there even is such a thing as a Conscious experience. I'll take a look at the book.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

bahman wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:21 pm I think it is simple. Brain produces Qualia and mind experience it. Experience is a property of mind.
It's like saying that given that there is a signal coming into your TV from the cable company, the reason there is an image on you TV screen is that Images are a property of a TV. There would be a huge Explanatory Gap with this kind of Non Explanation. But it is what you are saying with regard to the Qualia.
Atla

Post by Atla »

SteveKlinko wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:24 amI can't help it, I have studied the Physical World and I do not see the Conscious experience of the Color Red in the Physical World. The Conscious experience of Red seems to me to be something different than anything in the Physical World. This is why it is only logical to conclude that there is some sort of Conscious World or Conscious Space that Conscious experience happens in. I see separation not oneness here. But I have an open mind about what you say and would like to understand that some day.
Yeah this view is difficult to understand, because it's pretty much a refutation of Western philosophy. This is quite different from physicalism. The conscious world is the same as the physical world; conscious and physical are two outdated categories based on dualistic thinking. It's really redundant.

Which means that we are continuous, one and the same with the world itself. But this contradicts the Western thousands of years old idea of the separate individual self (which was pretty much refuted by science anyway).

I think an awkward, dualistic way of putting this would be: the physical is the structure of consciousness. So "conscious experience" is not something that can ever be pinned in a physicalist worldview, because "conscious experience" IS everywhere and everything.

Anyway, this is what I think is the natural resolution of the problem. This view actually assumes less than what a physicalist skeptic assumes. Just something to consider.
bahman

Post by bahman »

SteveKlinko wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:13 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:21 pm I think it is simple. Brain produces Qualia and mind experience it. Experience is a property of mind.
It's like saying that given that there is a signal coming into your TV from the cable company, the reason there is an image on you TV screen is that Images are a property of a TV. There would be a huge Explanatory Gap with this kind of Non Explanation. But it is what you are saying with regard to the Qualia.
A TV process incoming information and change it to visual information. We do the same. The only difference is in creativity.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 pm I feel like it is a quest. The depth of the confusion about Consciousness amazes me. The thing that is the most frustrating is when they say it is just an Illusion.
Hi Steve.

Yeah, I think the quest is on ...for we have only questions, not answers...and yeah, the word ''illusion'' does seem to get people all wound up...it's just a misunderstood word really.

Consciousness is not an illusion in the sense of it's meaning...meaning I am conscious....this is the unavoidable state of being alive, is knowing you are alive.....but we don't know how we are alive, or what is live, or why we are alive....

Consciousness is deemed an illusion simply because it can't be measured seen or known outside of it's own arena, ...and yet it clearly is the seeing and the knowing.

We all have it, every living creature has it..consciousness to me is like electricity that illuminates the computer screen ...but as soon as the supply is turned off, nothing is showing on the screen.....until it's turned on again....so can we see electricity...no, but we can feel it's effects.

The fact that consciousness can be turned on and off...implies it must come from an endless source that can never run out...it's kind of self generating. Like fire can burn out but can regenerate under the right conditions...so to me it seems like the potential for conscious life will always remain a self sustaining feedback loop feeding upon itself forever.

SteveKlinko wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 pm They say this without using any chain of logic, they just say it so it must be true. I thought that by now we would be having more relevant conversations about Consciousness. But instead I'm, unbelievably over and over again, having to convince the Physicalists that there even is such a thing as a Conscious experience.
The weird thing about consciousness...is the sensation of 'experience'...and yet at the same time, that experience cannot get outside of the experience to know how the experience is happening...it cannot look back at itself...is that fair to say?

In that all of ''conscious experiencing'' is one seamless flow in constant flux like a runaway train..it's like a river that can never run backwards ..neither can the river dry up...where would the river go..it may seem to have disappeared but it must exist somewhere...since everything shares the same place and occupies that same one place....aka space...

Discovery is our quest..we're here to discover what is and always is already HERE

SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:16 am
SteveKlinko wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 pm I feel like it is a quest. The depth of the confusion about Consciousness amazes me. The thing that is the most frustrating is when they say it is just an Illusion.
Hi Steve.

Yeah, I think the quest is on ...for we have only questions, not answers...and yeah, the word ''illusion'' does seem to get people all wound up...it's just a misunderstood word really.

Consciousness is not an illusion in the sense of it's meaning...meaning I am conscious....this is the unavoidable state of being alive, is knowing you are alive.....but we don't know how we are alive, or what is live, or why we are alive....

Consciousness is deemed an illusion simply because it can't be measured seen or known outside of it's own arena, ...and yet it clearly is the seeing and the knowing.

We all have it, every living creature has it..consciousness to me is like electricity that illuminates the computer screen ...but as soon as the supply is turned off, nothing is showing on the screen.....until it's turned on again....so can we see electricity...no, but we can feel it's effects.

The fact that consciousness can be turned on and off...implies it must come from an endless source that can never run out...it's kind of self generating. Like fire can burn out but can regenerate under the right conditions...so to me it seems like the potential for conscious life will always remain a self sustaining feedback loop feeding upon itself forever.

SteveKlinko wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 pm They say this without using any chain of logic, they just say it so it must be true. I thought that by now we would be having more relevant conversations about Consciousness. But instead I'm, unbelievably over and over again, having to convince the Physicalists that there even is such a thing as a Conscious experience.
The weird thing about consciousness...is the sensation of 'experience'...and yet at the same time, that experience cannot get outside of the experience to know how the experience is happening...it cannot look back at itself...is that fair to say?

In that all of ''conscious experiencing'' is one seamless flow in constant flux like a runaway train..it's like a river that can never run backwards ..neither can the river dry up...where would the river go..it may seem to have disappeared but it must exist somewhere...since everything shares the same place and occupies that same one place....aka space...

Discovery is our quest..we're here to discover what is and always is already HERE

The Experiencer can only Experience. Looking back is a different activity from Experiencing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Exactly....the experiencer is not an experience....there is no break in beingness.
faulkner1

Post by faulkner1 »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:44 pm
SteveKlinko wrote:The implications of the Inter Mind Model of Consciousness lead to some very interesting realizations. The Inter Mind Model develops a concept of Conscious Space and Conscious Mind separate from Physical Space and Physical Mind, with The Inter Mind bridging the Gap between them. Please visit http://TheInterMind.com to see the whole story.

Thank you for sharing the website. I will personally look forward to reading it.

Quote from the website.
Also, from Quantum Mechanics, it is theorized that elementary particles of Matter and some types of Energy can arise out of empty Space. So Matter and Energy might be made out of Space and maybe we can say that everything is actually made out of Space.
I was just writing about space the other day. On how what appears to our mind to be solid material is actually made from thin air aka the space it's appearing in. So it was nice to read it again here, thanks. When you think about it what can anything be but space itself, if stuff was solid, you'd need something to fix it in place like a peg or something, how else could solidity hang itself in space if it wasn't the actual space itself?

If an object was separate from the space it's sitting in, then what's holding it there, it's not like we can nail some object to the space...I like the quote from the film Superman ..when he flies down to rescue the girl from falling to the ground, he scoops her up into his arms and says..

'' Now hold on I've got you ..'' and then she screams in surprise.. ..''if you've got me! - err, who's got you!..'' ...lol
How dishonest can you be dontaskme? You're ALWAYS making FALSE and STUPID premises so you can ADD UP your own false conclusions.
you make an utter false premise, so you can add up your false, sockpuppet, LIES;

First of all, solid matter = wood, computer, table
light is NOT solid matter
AND MIND IS ABSOLUTELY NOT, HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO, AND IS ABSOLUTELY NOT EVEN IN THE SAME GROUP AS SOLID MATTER IS

then, why, IN THE WHOLE F***ing World', you LIE, SO MUCH ?? Exactly, so you can add up false conclusions and lies and that you get from your Loompaland group of hippies.

mind is the element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought.
"as the thoughts ran through his mind, he came to a conclusion"

Your mind (which is not even a result of matter, but you can also say it is) is in YOUR HEAD, whatever you post here, it came first from your MIND. YOU CANNOT SEE YOUR MIND, YOU wacko, THERE IS NO SOLID SUBSTANCE TO IT, IT'S NOT PHYSICAL.....YOUR COMPUTER is solid matter, your thoughts are thought by you who your mental contents are in your mind, your mind IS in your brain, your brain is in your head, your head is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IN<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< SPACE, there is a GAP between you, your body AND SPACE. LET THAT SINK IN , IN YOUR OOMPA LOOMPA mind.
faulkner1

Post by faulkner1 »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:42 pm since the mind must have been there at the beginning for it to be here now...and I don't recall any beginning...hmm, this mind is boggling. :wink:
How on F****** earth no one quotes this stupid shit?? ........ For petes sake guys, let's start quoting these senseless crap and busting up this loony ........

who told her that she remembers anything before she was born???? who told dontaskme that she even has a memory when she was a baby, let alone A MEMORY OF WHAT HAPPENED IN PARTS OF USA 100 YEARS AGO, LET ALONE THE BEGGINING OF A SINGLE STAR???? LET ALONE FROM 100000 YEARS AGO, LET ALONE MILLION OF YEARS AGO ........

c'mon guys,C'MON...... let's start quoting this stupidity and exposing this liar. ALL OF HER LIES.

She is actually telling you guys that the world started existing when she was born, don't you all get it? she is nothing but a troll from a lompaland group of other solipsistic hippies/trolls, shilling on forums.
start quoting ALL her lies and expose it, exactly what I'm telling you to do.
faulkner1

Post by faulkner1 »

SteveKlinko wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:24 am
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pm
SteveKlinko wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:46 pm Here is the basic question that this thread asks ... Given:

1) Neural Activity for Red happens.
2) A Conscious experience of Red happens.

How does 1 produce 2? The old Dodge that the Red experience is just an Illusion doesn't work anymore. Even if you think it is an Illusion then what is the thing that experiences the Illusion?
Imo the trick is to realize that Western cultural mind-matter dualism is bullshit, we just see double. Materialism is bullshit. Idealism is bullshit. Matter and experience are one and the same thing.

It's not that experience is restricted to the human head; it's fundamental and one and the same thing as matter. This isn't panpsychism however, panpsychism still is a double vision projected into everything.

So 1 doesn't produce 2. 1 and 2 are one and the same thing said twice.

So there is no gap that needs closing, and no need for an Inter Mind. Red is fundamental, and in the language of science, some kind of material structure or wave or whatever will eventually be found, that corresponds to "red".
I can't help it, I have studied the Physical World and I do not see the Conscious experience of the Color Red in the Physical World. The Conscious experience of Red seems to me to be something different than anything in the Physical World. This is why it is only logical to conclude that there is some sort of Conscious World or Conscious Space that Conscious experience happens in. I see separation not oneness here. But I have an open mind about what you say and would like to understand that some day.

--------
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pmAlso, I read the last few comments of your Inter Mind topic on the skeptic forum. Apparently some skeptics think that everyone who doesn't think that experience is an illusion, is crazy.

They don't believe in red. This further confirms my suspicion that extreme skepticism is a mental disorder.
It has been a real marathon with those people. They really don't know how Neural Activity produces the experience of Red, so they create all kinds of diversions that have nothing to do with the question.
Matter is real, dontaskme is using her computer, or cellphone, which has electrons in it, whether she is observing, knowing, aware of or focused or direct experiencing (touching, psychically observing, psychically interacting, or whatever) with it or not, IT STILL EXISTS, independent of her, YET SHE SAYS THE 'MATTER' IS NOT REAL, OR INDEPENDENT OF HER CONSCIOUSNESS, OR OF "GOD" consciousness, SHE MAY BELIEVE IT BECOMES A QUANTUM HIPPY FOAMS AND HIPPY DREAMY FLUCTUATIONS AT QUANTUM SCALE WHEN SHE IS NOT OBSERVING, C'MON. That's total bullshit, dualism, non dualism, monism, are all stupid concepts made up by these hippies.

"So 1 doesn't produce 2."
ONE DOESN'T PRODUCE TWO, ONE + ONE PRODUCE 2, YOU WACKO.

1 and 2 are TOTALLY DIFFERENT, 1 IS 1, 2 IS 1+1, LEARN TO DO THE MATH, HIPPY. OPS you can't, all you do is lie, lie, lie, lie, oneness, fake math in favor of your non dual oompa loompa lie, only in your oompaland of frustrated leftist hippy group of liars, with one plus one you get one, instead of two, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , all you do everyday is live a lie lie lie lie..........

can you even order a pizza? Hi, Please, one slice....but,sir, we can only sell 2 slices ...OH MY GOD, what did u say? T..??? TW???? TWO?? OMG, no , PLEASE, NOOOOOOOOOOO.... I HATE MORE THAN ONE, ALL I HAVE IN MY HOUSE ARE ONE, ONE COMPUTER, ONE EVERYTHING, I HATE THE NUMBER TWO, LET ALONE THREE AND FOUR, I CAN'T EVEN STAND THINKING ABOUT IT, MY HIPPY MIND CAN'T CONCEIVE AND RECOGNIZE MORE THAN ONE, OTHERWISE I GO HIPPY-SHIT-CRAZY SORRY, ONE SLICE OR I'm out"""
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And red, is part of light, when reflects upon the object, what you see is the reflection of light which is instantly, and your cones detect you are able to see what is there. you are conscious, the world is not. Whether you are a sockpuppet of dontaskme/placid or not, I'm still making people aware of bullshits here and there.
Last edited by faulkner1 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
faulkner1

Post by faulkner1 »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:23 am
SteveKlinko wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:34 pm Since my Conscious Mind has let me ask the question of how Consciousness happens, I think there probably is an answer to the question.

It's not that I don't want to believe that Consciousness is One. It's that I am unable to realize that. I actually would like to realize that. I have been trying for a long time to understand it. I will continue to try.
To know how to answer the question how consciousness happens Steve... Steve must first know who it is that wants to know? - where and who is that knower located, and does it exist in a physical form?

When the who wants to know is known, the answer will appear in the same exact same moment....because only THIS ONE... the one that wants to know can answer the question of who?

You've already got the answer to how consciousness happens Steve...now you just have to realise it...trying to find it using words is not going to find the answer..the answer has to be realised as you've already pointed out and have failed so far... words are not what consciousness is.

The word consciousness is an imagined concept that appears from within the boundless space of total unknowing not-knowingness that is reality.

CONSCIOUSNESS DO NOT "HAPPEN", consciousness is what you have in your mind, what you have, but not "have" in the common sense, it's subject. You have your consciousness, when you're awake and not sleeping you're conscious. You're again distorting concepts that don't add up.

hap·pen
ˈhapən/Submit
verb
3rd person present: happens
take place; occur.
"the afternoon when the disturbance happened"

LEARN TO BE HONEST.