Why humans are not so happy!

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Beauty
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Beauty » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:14 am

I believe that when we have residence at a certain place, it should not be big but must be adequate, and we should also have vegetation there for the animal life, because for ourselves we have the fields where we grow food, and we have gardens too. This way, all animal life will have food, shelter, walks, roaming, going on a cruise, freedom etc. To the extent all individual humans do this as a responsibility, then all human and animal life will be happy. No matter even if we live in an apartment where we don't have a garden, the above should still be somehow accomplished. To the extent some animal life needs shelter separately too, we must also find a way to accomplish that.

In the dictionary of life there is -
smile, frown, happy, sad, joy, sorrow, euphoria, terror, laughs, tears etc. Now tell me how much of happy, joy, smile, euphoria, laugh is there as opposed to other things? Half and half? Yes! (Take a look at all the smileys on the right.)

So, basically what I am saying is that life is of our own making or breaking. To the extent we do for others in all good will of course, and don't take away their needs(happiness) - food, shelter, clothing, love, sleep etc., then ours will not be taken away.

If we provide for the animal life always, God will always provide for us.

I believe much of our unhappiness stems from the fact that we do not give place and vegetation to the animal life.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:24 am

Beauty wrote:I believe that when we have residence at a certain place, it should not be big but must be adequate, and we should also have vegetation there for the animal life, because for ourselves we have the fields where we grow food, and we have gardens too. This way, all animal life will have food, shelter, walks, roaming, going on a cruise, freedom etc. To the extent all individual humans do this as a responsibility, then all human and animal life will be happy. No matter even if we live in an apartment where we don't have a garden, the above should still be somehow accomplished. To the extent some animal life needs shelter separately too, we must also find a way to accomplish that.

In the dictionary of life there is -
smile, frown, happy, sad, joy, sorrow, euphoria, terror, laughs, tears etc. Now tell me how much of happy, joy, smile, euphoria, laugh is there as opposed to other things? Half and half? Yes! (Take a look at all the smileys on the right.)

So, basically what I am saying is that life is of our own making or breaking. To the extent we do for others in all good will of course, and don't take away their needs(happiness) - food, shelter, clothing, love, sleep etc., then ours will not be taken away.

If we provide for the animal life always, God will always provide for us.

I believe much of our unhappiness stems from the fact that we do not give place and vegetation to the animal life.
Sadly your dream of all of us having a bit of nature to cultivate, is impossible, impractical, and self defeating.

Beauty
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Beauty » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:29 am

And then the next thing you know is whoever is portraying disagreement regarding my opening post, is the one actually following what I am suggesting, but won't agree that the post is good, why, 'cause it's just such a good posting, and agreeing means I sit big, and he/she don't like that! My only advice to the world, do what your heart says, don't get fooled. :wink:

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4397
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Greta » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:55 am

People are not so happy because life is not so easy, especially for the poor and those in the lower middle classes sliding inevitably into poverty.

Beauty
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Beauty » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 am

Greta wrote:People are not so happy because life is not so easy, especially for the poor and those in the lower middle classes sliding inevitably into poverty.
People who are poor, have either not striven in their past life for success(work, education they may have shirked) or they made someone poor and so are sitting in poverty in present life. Future life would be a factor/consequence of present life actions. Definitely life is not so easy even for the rich, what to say of the poor, so that is why I am saying that the easier we make it for all(human and animal life), that is how easy/bright we will make our future by that I mean our next life, for in the present life we must bear consequences for actions in our past life.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4060
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Harbal » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Beauty wrote: People who are poor, have either not striven in their past life for success
In my past life I worked like a dog yet in this life I have almost nothing, how do you explain that?

Beauty
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Beauty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:40 am

People who have worked hard in their previous life, but in this life they have almost nothing, means that either they could not have worked hard in their previous life or, despite working hard, due to having almost nothing in this life, they made someone have almost nothing. So then working hard in the previous life would be a consequence of not having worked hard enough in the life prior to previous life, and so dues got paid. I don't believe in being wise but doing the right thing in life, so if you by any chance do not happen to like the response above which is truth, please do not ask personal questions on forums again, or you would unnecessarily bother people on forums. I am saying this because I did not intend to bother anyone, so should you feel bothered, it is your problem for having asked a personal question.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4060
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Harbal » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:49 am

Beauty wrote:People who have worked hard in their previous life, but in this life they have almost nothing, means that either they could not have worked hard in their previous life or, despite working hard, due to having almost nothing in this life, they made someone have almost nothing. So then working hard in the previous life would be a consequence of not having worked hard enough in the life prior to previous life, and so dues got paid. I don't believe in being wise but doing the right thing in life, so if you by any chance do not happen to like the response above which is truth, please do not ask personal questions on forums again, or you would unnecessarily bother people on forums. I am saying this because I did not intend to bother anyone, so should you feel bothered, it is your problem for having asked a personal question.
I was going to ask if you're a complete idiot or whether you're just pretending to be one but, as you don't like personal questions, I've decided not to.

Walker
Posts: 6737
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Walker » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:12 am

Harbal wrote:
Beauty wrote: People who are poor, have either not striven in their past life for success
In my past life I worked like a dog yet in this life I have almost nothing, how do you explain that?
It means that as a dog you worked about as hard as most dogs. Fetch the slippers, bark once in awhile, lick the hand that feeds you. Now you are enjoying the fruits of your karma.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6515
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Dontaskme » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:44 am

Beauty wrote: Why humans are not so happy!
Image

Beauty
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Beauty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:33 am

Harbal wrote: I was going to ask if you're a complete idiot or whether you're just pretending to be one but, as you don't like personal questions, I've decided not to.
Well, as my record goes, I am neither, but perhaps you are one yourself, particularly since you even talk like that. Also, I never said anywhere that I don't like personal questions, so I have come to understand that either you like to lie or you are mistaken or you are being wicked. :roll:

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:40 am

Beauty wrote:People who have worked hard in their previous life, but in this life they have almost nothing, means that either they could not have worked hard in their previous life or, despite working hard, due to having almost nothing in this life, they made someone have almost nothing
Two things.
1) I'm not sure this bit of word salad means anything.
2) Since you have no access to a previous life, even if re-incarnation were true, you can have no warrant to say anything about the relationship between this one and previous ones.

Beauty
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Beauty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:04 am

But there is logic and rationale and common sense certainly. Or would you say that when I wrote this, it did not get written. I can't see U.S. from here, does it mean it does not exist. Of course it is written, of course U.S. exists. The way x's and y's life is in this present life - different, is because they would have walked a different course in life in their past life. When I pick something, it is picked, when I open a tap, it is open, when I read a book, it is read.......... so life today logically would be a consequence to past life actions. I believe there is rebirth and life is consequence to past action, as also the future life is according to present life actions. Isn't this the reason why scripture talks about, "For the wages of sin is death." And we all must go through death, so it is obvious we are all sinners here, fallen. Therefore scripture says, "Do not sin," and then you have, "The good life," of God in Heaven. "Know ye not that ye are all Gods, and the spirit of God dwelleth in you?" We are all fallen, fallen from grace, we need to rise like, "Jesus is risen," and go back to Heaven. Mind you, Jesus was a fallen Almighty God(ruling authority of Heaven), others are only Gods. And also ruling authority here (like Caesar) is not ruling authority of Heaven.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:57 am

Beauty wrote:But there is logic and rationale and common sense certainly. Or would you say that when I wrote this, it did not get written. I can't see U.S. from here, does it mean it does not exist. Of course it is written, of course U.S. exists. The way x's and y's life is in this present life - different, is because they would have walked a different course in life in their past life. When I pick something, it is picked, when I open a tap, it is open, when I read a book, it is read.......... so life today logically would be a consequence to past life actions. I believe there is rebirth and life is consequence to past action, as also the future life is according to present life actions. Isn't this the reason why scripture talks about, "For the wages of sin is death." And we all must go through death, so it is obvious we are all sinners here, fallen. Therefore scripture says, "Do not sin," and then you have, "The good life," of God in Heaven. "Know ye not that ye are all Gods, and the spirit of God dwelleth in you?" We are all fallen, fallen from grace, we need to rise like, "Jesus is risen," and go back to Heaven. Mind you, Jesus was a fallen Almighty God(ruling authority of Heaven), others are only Gods. And also ruling authority here (like Caesar) is not ruling authority of Heaven.

Say what????
You seem to be living in a fantasy world. Where in the world are you?

Beauty
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: Why humans are not so happy!

Post by Beauty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:21 pm

I live in the reality of things, real world. Maybe you would like to know that world? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests