Life in all its diversity!

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Beauty

Life in all its diversity!

Post by Beauty »

I have a brilliant and beautiful post for all philosophers on the forum here. It goes like this - We have life in the physical, but on the web/internet life is in the spiritual or say in the mind or in other words - word. But it is still life and we have our usual ups and downs as in living physically. So when you spend money on the web/internet and also labour on the forums in making your posts, then enjoy your life here. We all know that we would not be on the web/internet if we did not enjoy being here. So when the web/internet frustrates, don't leave the forums, 'cause running away from life is not good when faced with adverse situations. We must face any and all situations boldly and persevere. On the forums it is just another facet of life, so live your life here as you would away from the web/internet. This way we are all winners. What do you all think?
MatejValuch

Re: Life in all its diversity!

Post by MatejValuch »

I think that people have all kinds of reasons why they joined, and post, on this forum (or any other for the matter). I rather consider it as a part of life (unquestionably portion of the allotted time we have is spent/invested here). It's definitely not anything special, not another life. No need to look for apologies of spending time here though....
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Well I meant that the net/web is as important a part of our life as our life in the physical. And yes, no one is making apologies for time spent on the net/web, it's not like anyone is guilty of time spent here, when they have an appropriate time spent otherwise. A good balance of the physical and the mental and we are all good!
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

"Winners". don't like that word.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

And then there is rebirth and look who got taken by who or what - man-made or naturally! Winners! Don't like the word? It all comes around a full circle. Not bad at all I must say. :roll:
Walker

Post by Walker »

TSBU wrote:Image

"Winners". don't like that word.
What in God's name is that?
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Beauty wrote:And then there is rebirth and look who got taken by who or what - man-made or naturally! Winners! Don't like the word? It all comes around a full circle. Not bad at all I must say. :roll:
bleh
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

TSBU, I don't know what you mean, like what does the picture of the ship and man mean? So I don't know what to say.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Walker wrote: What in God's name is that?
In God's name it is - "Behold, his reward is with him, and his recompense before him." ~ Isaiah.
Meaning that we all get our just due in life. Wanna argue with that?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Beauty wrote:
Walker wrote: What in God's name is that?
In God's name it is - "Behold, his reward is with him, and his recompense before him." ~ Isaiah.
Meaning that we all get our just due in life. Wanna argue with that?
Hello. Beautiful name.

With “argument” defined as presentation:

- These words that you quote are a commentary concerning old karma.
- Karma is action. Action requires movement, which requires a body.
- You are the body, but not exclusively.
- Old karma is not action, but rather, old karma is the fruit of action.
- Natural elemental forces of causality ripen karma into the inevitable fruit of action called, old karma.
- To eat the fruit of old karma, which is old action, requires more action, or karma.
- The end of suffering is the end of karma, and yet because one is not the body exclusively, the motion of the body continues as action until the body falls over, like an old horse on the run.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Beauty wrote:TSBU, I don't know what you mean, like what does the picture of the ship and man mean? So I don't know what to say.
I'm jusy showing life in all its diversity.