Jean-Dominique Bauby & The Hell We Exist In

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Jean-Dominique Bauby & The Hell We Exist In

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Darkness imprisoning me

All that I see

Absolute horror

I cannot live

I cannot die

Trapped in myself

Body my holding cell

Welcome to YOUR world. When all is said & done - our reality. OUR world.

Dalek Prime

Re: Jean-Dominique Bauby & The Hell We Exist In

Post by Dalek Prime »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Darkness imprisoning me

All that I see

Absolute horror

I cannot live

I cannot die

Trapped in myself

Body my holding cell

Welcome to YOUR world. When all is said & done - our reality. OUR world.

Meh. It's not forever. I can deal. Thank goodness I'm not immortal though, or I'd scream, fat lot of good that would do....
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The only thing I am certain of, in this lifetime is, we never experience death.

I realize that you nor anyone else that reads this would be able to understand this but, in my best moments, I understand that we never experience death.

Although words cannot really suffice, in a way, we actually do exist eternally.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

The only thing I am certain of, in this lifetime is, we never experience death.

I realize that you nor anyone else that reads this would be able to understand this but, in my best moments, I understand that we never experience death.

Although words cannot really suffice, in a way, we actually do exist eternally.

We only experience dying. After that, nothing. Yes, I do get that Bill. But that doesn't equate to eternal life, or the experience thereof. We don't sit around afterwards, thinking about it.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...........................................................Image

Probably isn't the best place to drive-by this understanding but imagine just being consciousness. Not really attached to the person you are.

Consciousness never dies, as far as we are concerned. We are consciousness.

Consciousness attached to a body but self-conscious to a degree.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Probably isn't the best place to drive-by this understanding but imagine just being consciousness. Not really attached to the person you are.

Consciousness attached to a body but self-conscious to a degree.
No such thing as disembodied consciousness. It lies in the material brain. Brain dies, consciousness dies.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The blind, they cannot see.

The deaf, they will never hear...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Gnu alert!!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Always considered you a friend and an aspiring mentee.

Now you are elevating me to god-like status.

Not comfortable with that.

Believe me, I am human...All too human.

I appreciate the accolades by you specifically
and, in general, I appreciate the entire PhilosophyNow Forum community holding me in such high regard. This means a lot to me and as I have stated in the past, the nobility that I enjoy here does not go unnoticed.

Thank you! - Now BACK TO PHILOSOPHY!

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

The blind, they cannot see.

The deaf, they will never hear...

Surgery progresses...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Consciousness never lives.

That which lives never dies, that which dies never lived.

Source Energy of Light is Eternal. That which is eternal can have no beginning or ending. The concept life and death are meaningless in this context.

Consciousness is living and dying simultaneously, so is neither one state nor the other.

When Source Energy of Light streams through the organ of the brain in human, the human becomes animated like a light bulb, this process is known as consciousness, self-conscious, conscious of I exist..energy streaming through the brain creates this sense of I exist. What was latent is now aware.

When the physical brain dies, that's all that dies, but death is unknown, it's an illusion, since all matter is formless light in form, matter has no light source of it's own, so it never actually lived.The eternal source energy is the suppler for matter to become life. This source energy is eternal, it's always here else nothing would ever exist, what does exist is a dream, since source light energy is all there is existing, appearing as and through all brains creating the sense of I, including all beliefs, ideas, thoughts, voices, seeing,hearing, feeling, emotions, etc etc... everything that makes up the sense of I...are transitory appearances like vapours ..here one minute gone the next, all smoke and mirrors.

The sense of I exist, dies, it is like a the character of a dream, a sensation rising and falling away. The sense of I flashes in and out of existence due to the eternal energy source eternally pumping the pulse of life.

For the sense of I....the brain activity, it ascribes meaning to the dream character's life. Creation is born in the sense of I. And that is it's lot, what ever meaning is ascribed to this sense of I is what it gets, it is creating it's world, existence, according to how it feels, senses, or interprets it. No one else is doing it, if it doesn't like what it's creating, it can change, just by changing it's reaction to what it is creating. The energy source will mirror back exactly to the sense of I ...what ever it's intention desires.

So for example, if the sense of I is feeling depressed it is because it is creating it itself, it can easily do the opposite and stop creating the depressed feeling. This is experiential to the sense of I and really does work, since the power of the mind is very powerful, as long as we make it our servant and not our master.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Very beautiful way of expressing what I have alluded to in this thread and in many other threads of mine when, in a way, characterizing our existence.

What a refreshing break from the asinine quips of the general chaff here.

I agree with most of your characterization except for the part of control of our consciousness. Even in that I believe that your statement could be proven correct to some degree.

Thank you for posting here.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Very beautiful way of expressing what I have alluded to in this thread and in many other threads of mine when, in a way, characterizing our existence.

What a refreshing break from the asinine quips of the general chaff here.

I agree with most of your characterization except for the part of control of our consciousness. Even in that I believe that your statement could be proven correct to some degree.

Thank you for posting here.

You are welcome Bill.

I think what I meant by the control of our sense of I ....is the part where we become lucid within our own dream, once we awaken to real self which is the eternal source energy driving life... the false self being the dream character, the real self being the dreamer, from this perspective, we control our dream...if we don't like what we are creating...we change it, that's all that's going on here. The character of the dream cannot know it is a dream, not until it awakens from the dream and realises it is the eternal energy source in which the whole dream is arising... and from this state it is able to control the dream...

Right now, the dream of Bill is in your hands, it is you right now, appearing as the character Bill.You are essentially creating Bill. Create well a good dream for yourself my friend... take care.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

It appears, from your statement, that you may have already experienced brief moments of self-observation, sometimes called, awakening or self-observation.

If you have, could you please explain what lead you to this temporary awakening of your normal self, your normal consciousness, as a dream?

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Darkness imprisoning me... All that I see... Absolute horror... I cannot live... I cannot die... Trapped in myself... Body my holding cell...

Welcome to YOUR world.

When all is said & done - our reality.

OUR world.

The Hell We exist In
Once again you make such claims as if your dark thoughts apply to all... so once again I will point out:

Change the "Your", "Our", and "We" in your statements above to "MY" and "I"... and then they might be accurate for you, Bill. Otherwise, it's disrespectful and dishonest and inaccurate for you to project as much as you do.

Nobody will want to read your "insights" if you don't stop arrogantly speaking for everyone else. Such statements simply show how much YOU don't see or know. You do not know the realities of other people.