~ Our Addictions ~

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ Our Addictions ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

We are all addicted. To many things.

Based upon a recent thread I started here about gateway drugs I gained a tremendous philosophical insight.

Our self-reflection, our philosophical insight, into ourselves & our world is reflected by the addictions that we are able to recognize and choose to push-back upon.

~ The additions we struggle with reveal who we are & where we are upon our personal philosophical journey.

Even though this is a rich subject matter occasionally I will ask all members who read one of my threads to NOT RESPOND.

Do not post to this thread if you respect me and if you still believe that I am the most thoughtful, most reflective, and most important poster here at the PhilosophyNow Forums.

Open popularity polls are understandably uncomfortable here so if you STILL believe in me & my prowess - just move-on.

I thank you for your support.

Arising_uk

Re: ~ Our Addictions ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...
Even though this is a rich subject matter occasionally I will ask all members who read one of my threads to NOT RESPOND.

Do not post to this thread if you respect me and if you still believe that I am the most thoughtful, most reflective, and most important poster here at the PhilosophyNow Forums.

Open popularity polls are understandably uncomfortable here so if you STILL believe in me & my prowess - just move-on.

I thank you for your support.[/size]
My pleasure.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

We are all addicted. To many things.

Speak for yourself, buddy.
We all know you are moronically addicted to clogging up this website with your moronic GIF files, but what's the point of the time-lapse criminal. Are we supposed to know who he is?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The gif that I meticulously selected for your pleasure is of an individual and the morphing that takes place upon their face as they travel down the road of drug addition.

I believe methamphetamine was the choice of this individual.

Oh, and I want to express my appreciation to, I guess, the ENTIRE active membership of PhilosophyNow Forums. Over 50 hits and ALL of you showed your respect and admiration of me by NOT responding to this important thread.

For the past three or four years the PhilosophyNow Forum active membership has similarly honored me as being the most insightful & interesting member here. This important responsibility has not gone unnoticed as I continue this unbroken streak into the 2015/2016 calendar year.

Thank you all...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Best lay-off the illegal drugs Bill they are doing you no good. Stick to the medication.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
For the past three or four years the PhilosophyNow Forum active membership has similarly honored me as being the most insightful & interesting member here.
This is extremely funny.
Name ONE.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Similar polls to the one above in the original post upon this thread.

I know this sounds trivial but this distinction has been an important centering gift for me.

Went through an EXTREMELY difficult & dangerous time in my life just a few months ago. Don't think I would have made it through without the knowledge of being the most significant poster upon this distinctive international forum.

I thank you ALL again.