A Philosophy of Mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: A Philosophy of Mind

Post by Arising_uk »

I agree, many were just straight abuse, but many were just pointing out that interacting with others about ones thoughts is a norm in philosophy. Not that I don't think she replied in her own way in some replies, nor that in some she actually had a conversation, but upon the whole she just repeated her words, much like Bill in fact. Or she went straight to abuse.
IAMTHE99%

Post by IAMTHE99% »

Fuck the straw. It was the Camel.
Godfree

Post by Godfree »

IAMTHE99% wrote:Fuck the straw. It was the Camel.
Yes I thought so ,
you have soiled Barbara's thread , taken a beautiful thing ,
and turned it into,
"fuck the straw it was the camel"
the people are indeed revolting,,!!!
IAMTHE99%

Post by IAMTHE99% »

Revolting?
Try checking the way she was treated, I think that is revolting. So sad that all she was doing is writing the FACTS. It seems to me that some people were of her envious of her knowledge. She was pushed out and now it's all of our losses because her knowledge shall go elsewhere. (The Camel.)..The straw is insignificant, hence why it is useless. Get it!? Good. Her work is outstanding. It should be taught in schools because it is knowledge, truth, power & history. Unfortunately some people can't act right and treated her like an armed criminal coming after their families. You can call that the straw if you want, I happen to see it as cast iron plate. I didn't push her out of here. I just voiced my opinion. If you find that revolting that's on you.
Godfree

Post by Godfree »

IAMTHE99% wrote:Revolting?
Try checking the way she was treated, I think that is revolting. So sad that all she was doing is writing the FACTS. It seems to me that some people were of her envious of her knowledge. She was pushed out and now it's all of our losses because her knowledge shall go elsewhere. (The Camel.)..The straw is insignificant, hence why it is useless. Get it!? Good. Her work is outstanding. It should be taught in schools because it is knowledge, truth, power & history. Unfortunately some people can't act right and treated her like an armed criminal coming after their families. You can call that the straw if you want, I happen to see it as cast iron plate. I didn't push her out of here. I just voiced my opinion. If you find that revolting that's on you.
So which are your threads IAM , I have about 4 currently ,
I missed your ones , what are they again ,
would we bother , if you started your own thread ,
maybe then you would realize the value of your posts ,
you might find nobody bothers to join you , and your straw thinking ,
I chatted with Barbara for awhile, but didn't feel the need to ,
drive her away and soil her thread ,
what would your thread be called , be about , what are you into,,??
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

IAMTHE99% wrote:Revolting?
I think you're a bit over zealous in your approximation of the facts of her torment. You do realize you an ignore people here, right?.
ThemApples

Post by ThemApples »

It's sad to see you leave this thread, Barbara. Please know I appreciated what you wrote.
IAMTHE99%

Post by IAMTHE99% »

Barbara has started her own blog.
Philosophyforthemillions.com
Good day to you all!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Good for her. About time and I wish her well.
John K

Post by John K »

Well I see you've run poor Babs off the forum. Barbarians.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

John K wrote:Well I see you've run poor Babs off the forum. Barbarians.
I suppose it looks that way, but this is a Forum, not a Blog site. And basically what she was doing is using the Forum as a place to unload her stream of consciousness. People were puzzled that she did not really respond or participate in discussions
As she has her own site (which I shall take a look at), I think what she does may well be more suited to that than this.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Arising_uk wrote:Good for her. About time and I wish her well.
Me too.

http://www.philosophyforthemillions.com ... world.html
I assume this is her?