Philosophy of your mum.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Blaggard

Philosophy of your mum.

Post by Blaggard »

Which sounds derogatory but it's actually very true. In both biology, etiology and the cause of rational.

My question, if I CAN get to the point without dancing around, is your mind, is it quite crazy? Is it quite sad. And if anything is it quite mad?

Getting to the crux of it: where is my mind? In madness or ironically in my head ultimately? If not do post the Cartesian co-ordinates.
henry quirk

Re: Philosophy of your mum.

Post by henry quirk »

"where is my mind?"

Insofar as I can tell: mind is a process, on-going. It's what a brain of particular and peculiar complexity (embedded in a particular and peculiar body) does. And, if I'm right, mind has no location any more than 'walking' has a location.

Put another way: walking is what legs 'do'. Sensibly, no one attempts to tease out and isolate 'walking' as an entity or quality or thing. To do so is nutty because (again) walking is what legs 'do'. Mind is the same...mind is the activity of, the 'doing' of, (a certain kind of) brain (in [a certain kind of] body).
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Blaggard wrote:Which sounds derogatory but it's actually very true. In both biology, etiology and the cause of rational.

My question, if I CAN get to the point without dancing around, is your mind, is it quite crazy? Is it quite sad. And if anything is it quite mad?

Getting to the crux of it: where is my mind? In madness or ironically in my head ultimately? If not do post the Cartesian co-ordinates.
We'll the way I see it, the mind is located in physical space. Grab a seat, get some tea and sit down. Because I am about to fall asleep, so this is going to be very poorly worded.

Thing of the matter is, out of body experiences. They prove it.

Cuz your soul, soaks up the light, like a camera. Yeah, like a camera?
Mhm.

So, it's in the seat of your brain, in physical space. When you die, you just float about in physical space.

What proof do I have of this? None whatsoever.

That's why richard dawkins needs to get off his ass dawdling about, and do some real science, or else I'll have to sick GladOS to take over his butt.

First thing needs to be done is the playing card trick. Yeah yeah, the playing card trick. Put it on their head and see if it's real see. See if out of bodies are real...But richard D would rather prance about on oprah, soaking up the fame n fortune, yeah yeah...
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOYgZ75aRVY

"Ok trixie but where is my mind?"

Ed Norton.

The first rule of fight club IS... you do not talk about Fight club.

The second rule of Fight Club IS...

"yeah well with enough soap you can blow up just about anything."

Tyler Durden.

Welcome to Fight Club Trixie. ;)

GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Blaggard wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOYgZ75aRVY

"Ok trixie but where is my mind?"

Ed Norton.

The first rule of fight club IS... you do not talk about Fight club.

The second rule of Fight Club IS...

"yeah well with enough soap you can blow up just about anything."

Tyler Durden.

Welcome to Fight Club Trixie. ;)

If we aren't supposed to talk about it, why you make thread about it?