if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by jackles » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:24 pm

If the brain dont produce consciousness then it must source it consciousness by intereacting with nonlocality. Nonlocality by reason must have existed be for the universe existed as locality. So the nonlocal you which is your consciousness must have pre existed the event you which is your brain. Consciouness is there for the unmoving thing non directional time or death in terms of evolution.

Impenitent
Posts: 2323
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by Impenitent » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:48 pm

pineal glands

-Imp

Ginkgo
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by Ginkgo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:31 pm

jackles wrote:If the brain dont produce consciousness then it must source it consciousness by intereacting with nonlocality. Nonlocality by reason must have existed be for the universe existed as locality. So the nonlocal you which is your consciousness must have pre existed the event you which is your brain. Consciouness is there for the unmoving thing non directional time or death in terms of evolution.
The Orch-OR model for consciousness theorized by Penrose and Hameroff claims that consciousness derives from deeper level finer scale quantum activities inside of cells most prevalent in brain neurons.*

wikipedia

* An indirect reference to microtubules

The difference between Orch-OR and other theories of consciousness is a quantum explanation can provide us with a non-computable explanation for experience. According to the theory the brain does produce consciousness, but it depends on how you interpret Hameroff's subsequent explanations. It is more than likely that the answer is both. Suffice to say that I am confident Hameroff would want to say our brains are hard-wired into the finer quantum scale of the universe. This is not Penrose's position.

I think Hameroff hedges a bit on the question as to whether the universe is conscious at the finest scale. Nonetheless, the actual Orch_OR theory itself is a testable scientific theory. Subsequent explanations by Hameroff are not testable.

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by jackles » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:23 am

Yes ginkgo but can you see that if its nonlocality things begin to add up in all departments as they should do if something is right. The evolution problem is solved by death as nonlocality being the creator and changer of local forms . Time its self is nonlocality as omni presents.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11939
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:31 am

The 'brain' doesn't produce consciousness, it's the having of a CNS attached to a body in an external world that does that.

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by jackles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:28 am

Ur sorry could you please explain what cns is.

Ginkgo
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by Ginkgo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:37 am

jackles wrote:Ur sorry could you please explain what cns is.
Central nervous system.

User avatar
A_Seagull
Posts: 871
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by A_Seagull » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:42 am

Ginkgo wrote:
jackles wrote:Ur sorry could you please explain what cns is.
Central nervous system.
You mean like a starfish's central nervous system?

Ginkgo
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by Ginkgo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:43 am

A_Seagull wrote:
Ginkgo wrote:
jackles wrote:Ur sorry could you please explain what cns is.
Central nervous system.
You mean like a starfish's central nervous system?
I think UK means a central nervous system as pertaining to higher order mammals.

Ginkgo
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by Ginkgo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:02 am

jackles wrote:Yes ginkgo but can you see that if its nonlocality things begin to add up in all departments as they should do if something is right. The evolution problem is solved by death as nonlocality being the creator and changer of local forms . Time its self is nonlocality as omni presents.

Sorry jackles but I don't see how this is relates to Orchestrated Objective Reduction.

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by jackles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:44 am

Root consciousness is beond the c .n .s then . consciousness is nonlocal and nonmoving .

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11939
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:20 pm

A_Seagull wrote:You mean like a starfish's central nervous system?
You saying a starfish is not conscious? I take your point though but since I view the CNS as just a neural network I think a starfish has one.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11939
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:32 pm

jackles wrote:Root consciousness is beond the c .n .s then . consciousness is nonlocal and nonmoving .
Pray tell what 'root consciousness' is?

User avatar
A_Seagull
Posts: 871
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by A_Seagull » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
A_Seagull wrote:You mean like a starfish's central nervous system?
You saying a starfish is not conscious? I take your point though but since I view the CNS as just a neural network I think a starfish has one.
I would say that all animals, including starfish, have a central nervous system and to some extent are 'aware' of their environment as they have to interact with it.

However I think it takes a higher order animal to be aware of its own existence, which is necessary for consciousness. And,of course, awareness of ones own existence is not necessary for an effective intereaction with the environment.

Ginkgo
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: if the brain dosnt produce consciousness

Post by Ginkgo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:57 pm

A_Seagull wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
A_Seagull wrote:You mean like a starfish's central nervous system?
You saying a starfish is not conscious? I take your point though but since I view the CNS as just a neural network I think a starfish has one.
I would say that all animals, including starfish, have a central nervous system and to some extent are 'aware' of their environment as they have to interact with it.

However I think it takes a higher order animal to be aware of its own existence, which is necessary for consciousness. And,of course, awareness of ones own existence is not necessary for an effective intereaction with the environment.
A good summary Mr. A Seagull.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests