How our mind works.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
pljamesone@att.net
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 pm

How our mind works.

Post by pljamesone@att.net »

I believe through our life's experiences. We create our life our I from the experiences. Thoughts? Paul
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: How our mind works.

Post by Arising_uk »

I thought you said it was all 'God's' doing?
User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: How our mind works.

Post by HexHammer »

Go read up on intelligences, and compulsions and all of psychology!

You are glaringly ignorant!
cirin
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Re: How our mind works.

Post by cirin »

Initially, we must determine what is the mind, where it is, what functions. After that we can talk about how it works, preferably with justifications.
User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: How our mind works.

Post by HexHammer »

cirin wrote:Initially, we must determine what is the mind, where it is, what functions. After that we can talk about how it works, preferably with justifications.
..and this goes for you too!
HexHammer wrote:Go read up on intelligences, and compulsions and all of psychology!

You are glaringly ignorant!
cirin
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Re: How our mind works.

Post by cirin »

Materialistic development, by itself, can not produce a reasonable harmony between matter and spirit, where self realization becomes possible. Values, that society attributes to technique and economy, make no sense, if one self is not understood. Nevertheless, science continues to persistently defend a materialistic world view and study the material brain as Mind, not asking why the brain produces electric impulses. "Electric signals initiate a fusion of the synaptic vesicle and surrounding membrane, and neurotransmitters, having separated from nerve endings, and passed to nerve cells. Scientists from Copenhagen, Gottingen and Amsterdam universities have discovered that nerve impulse speeds to and from the brain move at 274 km per hour. Did you ever wonder why you react so quickly, when, for example, you strike your finger with a hammer? It is due to the unbelievable speed of nerve impulses". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDidxZucGw8
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: How our mind works.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

cirin wrote:Materialistic development, by itself, can not produce a reasonable harmony between matter and spirit, where self realization becomes possible. Values, that society attributes to technique and economy, make no sense, if one self is not understood. Nevertheless, science continues to persistently defend a materialistic world view and study the material brain as Mind, not asking why the brain produces electric impulses. "Electric signals initiate a fusion of the synaptic vesicle and surrounding membrane, and neurotransmitters, having separated from nerve endings, and passed to nerve cells. Scientists from Copenhagen, Gottingen and Amsterdam universities have discovered that nerve impulse speeds to and from the brain move at 274 km per hour. Did you ever wonder why you react so quickly, when, for example, you strike your finger with a hammer? It is due to the unbelievable speed of nerve impulses". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDidxZucGw8
The average human reaction time is 200 ms, which is rather slow. If that was a net game, a ping of 200 ms would result in lots of players getting headshotted. Bruce Lee had a ping of 64.
SoF
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 8:12 am

Re: How our mind works.

Post by SoF »

Every animal you can think of mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, amphibians -has a brain. But the human brain is unique. Although it's not the largest, it gives us the power to speak, imagine and problem solve. It is truly an amazing organ.

The brain performs an incredible number of tasks including the following:
It controls body temperature, blood pressure, heart rate and breathing.
It handles your physical movement when walking, talking, standing or sitting.
It lets you think, dream, reason and experience emotions.
It accepts a flood of information about the world around you from your various senses (seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting and touching).
All of these tasks are coordinated, controlled and regulated by an organ that is about the size of a small head of cauliflower.
Post Reply