What's the Difference Between the Narration in Your Head...

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: What's the Difference Between the Narration in Your Head

Post by uwot »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:We are ghosts. Shadows. Doomed to live our lives over and over again.
Don't worry, Poor Bill. It's much more likely that we are physical beings and that with bodily destruction comes mental/spiritual annihilation. Which is good news: it means you won't have to be you forever and ever. Hope that's some comfort.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

It's much more likely that we are physical beings and that we will never experience bodily destruction or mental/spiritual annihilation. Which could be hell for the vast majority of us. It means someone like you will have to be you forever and ever. Hope is some comfort.

........................................if you look at the girl's lips I think she is saying, Fuck you, death.

uwot

Post by uwot »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:It's much more likely that we are physical beings and that we will never experience bodily destruction or mental/spiritual annihilation. Which could be hell for the vast majority of us. It means someone like you will have to be you forever and ever. Hope is some comfort.
Well, I wouldn't begrudge you hope, but I wouldn't rely on living forever; if you wish to do something worthwhile, now would be a good time.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.The voices in our heads, the things we type here & other places is that narrator in our head.
'Voices' now?

Its not a narrator Bill and if it is then you need to start seeking help.
And I am attached to it.
And yet if what you say is true then you cannot say this?
However, at times, I am able to perceive that we can become the observer. Self-consciousness.
Which 'I' is doing the perceiving here?

This is your error as self-consciousness is the ability to have an 'other' to self-refelect. What you seek is the dream of 'enlightenment' and as I've told you many times the Buddha has laid that path out very clearly for you but like most western gnus you're too lazy to do it.
We are ghosts. Shadows. ...
Of what?
Doomed to live our lives over and over again.[/size].
So Nietzsche said, but take heart Bill as he also said to take this as your moral guide, so before you do any action think about whether you wish to be doing it again and again eternally, i.e. the individualistic antithesis of Kant's universal categorical imperative. Personally, much as tho' I loved it, I think there's a major fault with Eternal Recurrence, in that how can one tell if one is at the start or on the loop already?

Once gain you appear in contradiction as in other posts you told me that this was it, that in a few generations I'd be forgotten as tho' I'd never had been? You are a mass of existential angst and confusion, try reading some philosophy to gain some clarity.
p.s.
I'd be more impressed if you'd stop slipping into "we" and started using "I". E.g. "I am a ghost. A shadow. Doomed to live my life over and over again." or even better "I think I am a ghost ...". More honest that way, otherwise you just sound like a gnu.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Excellent post. Thank you for taking the time to articulate your perspective.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Excellent post. Thank you for taking the time to articulate your perspective.
Takes no time at all.

Repeat piccy I see.

Why do you find sentences with question marks so difficult to answer?