if consciousness is light based

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jackles

if consciousness is light based

Post by jackles »

if consciousness where a light based thing then the light based consciousness could not be accelerated.?
Blaggard

Re: if consciousness is light based

Post by Blaggard »

consciousness appears to be electrochemical which is a far more efficient method of transferring information in an environment which would destroy any coherence a light wave had entangled or otherwise, so the transfer of information by light rather than em signals appears impossible in the brain. If it were magically possible, light isn't accelerated or decelerated it always propagates at c, it can be slowed by crossing a medium which contains mass, but this is not the same thing. What that has to do with anything though I don't know. The speed of light is a constant in a vacuum, it's speed is also a constant in a medium at least when it is propagating without some "impedance" on its forward motion as well but that's by the by.
jackles

Post by jackles »

well blags the brain deals with an awsome amount of imfo.so consciousness has to ne a platform at or above max speed to deal with the complexity thats hitting it.light cant be accelerated and i believe consciousness is at the same nonaccelerating level that light is at .its an idea though as i believe consciousness to be completly indepedent of the brain.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Light can not be accelerated though, not in any experiment, not in any real world situations, saying it can is hence pointless. If you can show it can, so be it, but it can not, the speed limit of the universe is c, it just so happens to be the speed of light, no one knows why. Massless particles always propagate at c, acceleration or deceleration is hence pointless, mass objects can never achieve c. These are fundamental rules the universe seems to operate by.

I am well aware you are a dualist jackles, and that is your prerogative, but saying light can do magic is not a firm basis with which to start exploring dualism.