~ Here We Are ~

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ Here We Are ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

“Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.”
Kurt Vonnegut

.....................................Image

Hjarloprillar

Re: ~ Here We Are ~

Post by Hjarloprillar »

excellent.
there is no why.[ no answer for the whiners]
Its reality
Here we are in best threads. Where is 'reason'?

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty Himself hates with you, too."
Though this quote comes from the World War II-centered Mother Night (published in 1961), its wisdom and ugly truth still ring. Vonnegut
(who often said "The only difference between Bush and Hitler is that Hitler was elected")

K Vonnegut
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

“The last thing I ever wanted was to be alive when the three most powerful people on the whole planet would be named Bush, Dick and Colon.”
Kurt Vonnegut

Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

“The last thing I ever wanted was to be alive when the three most powerful people on the whole planet would be named Bush, Dick and Colon.”
Kurt Vonnegut

colon quit. he had arse end of triad

Dick Cheney was the brain.. heart of darkness "the horror"

If i had one wish that was outside rules. send me back 15 years in time.. i'd put a bullet through Cheney's head. then not run but stand tall.
say nothing till court.
Then say "im from 2014 i saved thousands of troopers lives . tens of thousands of people"
pause then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America and Australia
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Twenty-three years later, when Cheney appeared before the Senate to plead the case for his confirmation as George Herbert Walker Bush’s defense secretary, he was questioned about his failure to serve. Cheney responded that he “would have obviously been happy to serve had I been called.”

In a more truthful moment that same year, Cheney admitted to a reporter, “I had other priorities in the ’60s than military service.”

Cheney’s
lie to the Senate has never caused much concern, but that “other priorities” line has dogged him. After he selected himself to serve on the 2000 Republican ticket, former Secretary of Veterans Affairs Jesse Brown, a Vietnam veteran disabled by a gunshot wound to his right arm, said, “As a former Marine who was wounded and nearly lost his life, I personally resent that comment. I resent that he had ‘other priorities,’ when 58,000 people died and over 300,000 returned wounded and disabled. In my mind there is no doubt that because he had ‘other priorities’ someone died or was injured in his place.”

Dick Cheney - The Hawk with five seperate deferments.