Re: How

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:41 pm

what seems to me incredible is some one like dawkins jumps to the conclusion because of evolution that theres no god.and yet consciousness is not understood at all.he assumes.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:51 pm

jackles wrote:what seems to me incredible is some one like dawkins jumps to the conclusion because of evolution that theres no god.and yet consciousness is not understood at all.he assumes.

And you assume you assume it makes an ass out of u and me.

That's not really the point. Dawkins is no philosopher and no scientist can question God, but your half baked nonsense does not help the theist case. You need to think more and say less. IF god does exist it will not be because you had a bright idea about non locality, which you couldn't really explain and made no sense. I am agnostic, I don't think charging in as a bull at a gate really helps anything. You are of course welcome to run with the bull, but I think the bull is bs.

I am not anyone who is troubled by contrary opinions about what I say, I leave that to lesser men, what does trouble me though is nonsense. :)

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:09 pm

may be your right blags.i know you deap down you are a believer.it comes through.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:39 pm

I am not a believer, but I am not offended by people who think I am any more than I am offended by the colour of the sky. It is all good, I hate to see a good idea go to waste because you think what you do; I think what I do, seldom is it in any way something that people should ascribe to, but the sheer amount of bs you wake up to every day, does at least make terms if you know that human beings are basically fucking morons day in and day out, they read sense and then talk nonsense, it's not all bad, but it's seldom all good. There really are a lot of morons out there, on this forum, spouting vacuous nonsense, regurgitating things that they could not of possibly thought for themselves. In the world, like kine marching towards a gate so that they can herd. It would be depressing if and only if you knew that. A higher fidelity is to see some although a small majority are on another plane. :)

You look at morons and you see them for what they are, you look at people and you see them for what they are, not everyone is of course kine, no everyone is of course a moron. And in fact vivre le difference we can't all be kine and we can't all be more than kine, what we can be though, is not some judgemental **** who is not something someone else is and therefore is just kine talking shit. I have only a problem with people who are enamoured of types, themselves and discriminate. I like everyone, they are what makes life worth living the people that make life not worth living are those who live in herds. They are the death of reason. I abhor them and everything they do or will ever stand for.

I know I talk shit, but I think one day people will actually realise that difference is what makes the world a better place. :)

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:48 pm

yeah ok blags what the hell dose kine mean.or maybe you have had one or two beverages.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:55 pm

jackles wrote:yeah ok blags what the hell dose kine mean.or maybe you have had one or two beverages.
Kine means cattle: cows. But I really do mean what I said, I do genuinely hate people who stand in judgement over others, by what right do they do that?

I don't like judgemental idiots, I find them annoying, was kind of the point I tried to make, and obviously failed at. :P

I rant occasionally you may or may not get used to it. I am an angry, angry person, although I know my flaws, and hope no one will judge me for them. :P

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:05 am

but being none judgemental means non attachment to local identity.non attchment is god consciousness which is nonlocal consciousness.scratching my holagraphic head in puzzlment.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12306
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: How

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:19 am

jackles wrote:ok localty and nonlocality connect in a relative way in the brain this connection is called consciousness.stop peckin like a chicken.ha ha.only joking.locality is selfishness.nolocality is selfless or unselfishness .together they give conscience in consciousness.
Not asking you about ethics I'm asking you about consciousness. You've again not said what you mean by consciousness. You just keep restating this pet idea of your about 'locality' and 'non-locality' which I'll point out that if they interact in the 'brain'(although there is no 'brain' in reality, just the CNS) then it's not a 'non-locality'. You've not answered why, given that we know certain abilities of neuronal nets, i.e. they can perform all the logic functions, can recognise, store and retrieve patterns and incomplete patterns, a set of interacting ones in a feedback system is not enough when allied with the rest of the body to produce what we call consciousness, i.e. the ability to sense in an external world. Or is it that you do not think this ability the same as consciousness?

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:15 am

the ability to experience the outside world is not actually consciouseness its self.consciousness can completly detach its self from the body and remain of its self away from the body and brain in super space which is nonlocality.its like the super egos identity is sizeless.the problem is how dose this sizeless and nonlocal super space fix to a local brain and different brains at that including animal brains.its like the brain is a localising machine or something.like you say the moment theres a direct link it nonlocality becomes local so i cant figure it.man and woman local beings share the exact same super space identity.so good and evil is the exact same for men and women.it is like the brain is a bridge between a happening location which has a history which goes back billions of years and a future which hasnt happened.to a super space which is eternity where nothing ever happened.the brain some how mixes the both of them .if you figue out how please tell me.ha ha

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Are you talking about OBEs or NDEs or something?

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:57 pm

well actually yes blags i am.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:02 pm

jackles wrote:well actually yes blags i am.
I once attended a lecture by a Cambridge PhD student who had done experiments using horse tranquiliser which simulated all the effects of the near death experience, although obviously without killing any one. Was really interesting how the dose could be fine tuned so that you experience some sort of psychedellic out of body experience, or the white tunnel, and basically everything we associate with NDEs. He concluded the whole thing was probably genetically programmed by selection in all of us at some time, hence why it was so common.

If you just want an out of body experience I hear mescaline is pretty wild. ;)

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:38 pm

blags one experience is enough.coupled with other stuff like bending spoons without holding them.its put me on a course for asking a lot of questions that others cannot understand.some people i have meet have had similar expriences.i think some things aint ment to be known its that simple.but relativity between objects at some higher level is consciousness its got to be.regs jackles.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:40 pm

jackles wrote:blags one experience is enough.coupled with other stuff like bending spoons without holding them.its put me on a course for asking a lot of questions that others cannot understand.some people i have meet have had similar expriences.i think some things aint ment to be known its that simple.but relativity between objects at some higher level is consciousness its got to be.regs jackles.
There is no spoon. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO0pcWxcROI

These ideas are hardly new jackles, the holographic universe and The Matrix both examine what reality is one in terms of a computer simulation the other in terms of a projection.

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:25 pm

you seem very contradictory blags .there is a spoon but the spoons an illusion as is everything else in location.hence the true self is nonlocal and therefor sizeless this is how the light duality ex works.the experimentor is trying to see his own creation via a brain this collapses the wave function into particals.
Last edited by jackles on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests