Re: How

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12306
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: How

Post by Arising_uk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:31 am

jackles wrote:arising i hate to say this but it did cross my mind that you and hex are sounding similar.in a relative way of course.ha ha.am i consciouse of relativity or is relativity consciouse of me.
Relativity is not a thing.

You've not answered my questions or points.

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:03 am

i can see your getting the point here arising .relativity is nothing .it relativity is the never happen state that moves happening states.the sizeless relativeness between objects is the un moving mover of those objects.the sizeless holy spirit is relativity with or without objects.relativity to objects existed before the big bang existed .nonlocality with objects equals relativity in time and space.i think your seein it clearer now arising.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:29 pm

jackles wrote:youll learn one day blagsy
I hope not sounds like some weird psuedo-religious bullshit, I am distinctly non denominational.

Religious arm waving is not my thing.
Arising_uk wrote:
jackles wrote:arising i hate to say this but it did cross my mind that you and hex are sounding similar.in a relative way of course.ha ha.am i consciouse of relativity or is relativity consciouse of me.
Relativity is not a thing.

You've not answered my questions or points.
Religionists are in a persistent vegetative state I'd give up.

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:29 pm

religion is just away for the brain to make scence of its duality.as in local and nonlocal.as in a beings brain is loaclised energy.we pray to the nonlocal creater of locality and its assosciated time space.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:53 pm

jackles wrote:religion is just away for the brain to make scence of its duality.as in local and nonlocal.as in a beings brain is loaclised energy.we pray to the nonlocal creater of locality and its assosciated time space.
Which is in itself a religion. Seems a little circular to me...

Religion is a way to be religious would be a similar way of saying what you said missing out the part about duality and proceeding straight to the God bit and prayer to this so called omnipresent God who is both existing everywhere and non local at the same time, which of course defies logic. ;)

He's not at any point he is non local, but then at the same time he is at every point, do you see the problem there?

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:37 pm

sizeless to all reality.nothing wrong with your logic blags but reckon you need more event experience before you can see what im talking about.its like when you watch a movie.its you that puts all the feeling to the movie..feeling made the movie for feeling.
Last edited by jackles on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:23 pm

jackles wrote:sizeless to all reality.nothing wrong with your logic blags but reckon you need more event experience before you can see what im talking about.its like when you whatch a movie.its you that put all the feeling to the movie..feeling made the movie for feeling.
Ah only you can understand reality, yeah get it now, you think you are Jesus. Fair enough, you aren't though. I don't watch movies and feel that I put all the feeling into it, if I did what would be the point of movies, directors, actors, musical composers, script writers and everyone else who makes a movie have some sort of emotional context?

Feeling made the movie for feeling, yeah that tautology was brought to you by just saying 1=1.

No offence Jackles but this is just nonsense. I don't think having more experience is going to magically make me understand your circular reasoning.

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:43 pm

yes they all have an input and an audience of observers is the output.but it all takes place relative to one consciousness input and output.its all relativity.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12306
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: How

Post by Arising_uk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 pm

jackles wrote:i can see your getting the point here arising .relativity is nothing .it relativity is the never happen state that moves happening states.the sizeless relativeness between objects is the un moving mover of those objects.the sizeless holy spirit is relativity with or without objects.relativity to objects existed before the big bang existed .nonlocality with objects equals relativity in time and space.i think your seein it clearer now arising.
Nope, I think this just your confirmation bias helping you ignore my questions or points about how none of what you say is required to consider how we are conscious nor any explanation of how we are.

If you are going to go down this route in justifying your belief in this metaphysical 'non-locality' then you'd do better going down the Zuse and Fredkin route as a planck-bit or even u-bit holographic cellular automata would be a better philosophical 'God' as you could have both Spinoza and Leibniz at the same time.

Still waiting for you to address why being the body we are is not enough for us to be conscious? Come to think of it you've still not really said what you mean by being conscious? Did you mean that we sense?

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:27 pm

ok localty and nonlocality connect in a relative way in the brain this connection is called consciousness.stop peckin like a chicken.ha ha.only joking.locality is selfishness.nolocality is selfless or unselfishness .together they give conscience in consciousness.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:23 pm

jackles wrote:ok localty and nonlocality connect in a relative way in the brain this connection is called consciousness.stop peckin like a chicken.ha ha.only joking.locality is selfishness.nolocality is selfless or unselfishness .together they give conscience in consciousness.
No offence Jackles you are entitled to you beliefs, but what you are saying makes no sense. Which is why people are contending with your beliefs, not because they are chickens. ;)

Discussion is a two way street, proselytising is a one way street where no one can back up and you just have the right of way regardless.
'God' as you could have both Spinoza and Leibniz at the same time.
The Liebnoza now that would be a force to be reckoned with. :)

Like the Dennetkin, Dawkins and Dennett. Two able minds with the skill to do both philosophy and science. The world would tremble before the conglomerate intelligence of such an adroit force. :)

Mind you I still think Chuck Norris could take them in a fight. ;) j/k

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:12 pm

blags i can tell by the puppy dog approach you have to all things scientific as if you have found the answer bone to all human life and history that you must be fresh out of some cosy university.dawkins does not know how consciousness works.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

jackles wrote:blags i can tell by the puppy dog approach you have to all things scientific as if you have found the answer bone to all human life and history that you must be fresh out of some cosy university.dawkins does not know how consciousness works.

Neither do you, but you seem to think you have all the answers despite no one having all the answers, which is ironic n'est pas?

Jackles if you were half as clever as you think you are you'd be able to explain all this in terms that would make you as clever as you think you are at least. But it seems you aren't able to explain this stuff in any way anyone could or would agree with, which makes me hence think you aren't half as clever as you think you are. No offence but all you seem to be doing is talking nonsense, which is fine half as clever as you are I am sure that is as clever as you may get, until of course you get somewhat more clever. We live in hope...

I'll quite happily sit in the dark looking for a light source, that is of course what science is, but what I wont do is sit in the dark and listen to other people who are in the dark wax lyrical about how they have seen the light, in lieu of light or any sort of verifiable consequence there in. As I say you are welcome to your candle, but if that candle is only a light source you believe it only enlightens you. :)

jackles
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How

Post by jackles » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:22 pm

blags if there is a god then consciousness has to be as i have discribed.the consciousness of the individual being on this remote planet is god.without this as a guide the poor and needy of this world are without hope.all they will have then for hope and guidance is a bunch of souless up there own clever ass scientists .good will prevail over evil.regs jackles

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: How

Post by Blaggard » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 pm

That doesn't even follow if there is a God all it is, is nonsense mate. You wax lyrical on your beliefs which is of course your prerogative, but when all you wax lyrical on is as inconsequential as what you say it makes no difference to reason. I have no problem with religion, belief or anything that is a faith based system, all I ask is, is those that have faith at least remain consistent, you don't, you have some really illogical beliefs which are of course contended with; you seem to see such contentions as automatically wrong, you seem to see yourself as automatically right. This is not healthy. No offence but you seem to be living in a world of your own.

Good wont prevail over evil if you are determined to make logic nonsense, and what you say somehow right despite logic or reason.

I am pretty sure God did not give us reason only to forgo its use. As sure as might be that is.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest