Is social independence equal to social progress?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Is social independence equal to social progress?

Post by The Voice of Time » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:59 am

HexHammer wrote:Yearh this thought train seems to run so fast that it passes the station of serious discussion, I'm still here waiting.
Unnecessary sarcasm, I get to you when I want to, no need to be so impatient. My answer is that I based my assumptions on my lived life and what I see from news and random readings, no specific source is mentioned because I based my philosophizing on no specific source but life in general.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3343
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Is social independence equal to social progress?

Post by HexHammer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:03 am

The Voice of Time wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Yearh this thought train seems to run so fast that it passes the station of serious discussion, I'm still here waiting.
Unnecessary sarcasm, I get to you when I want to, no need to be so impatient. My answer is that I based my assumptions on my lived life and what I see from news and random readings, no specific source is mentioned because I based my philosophizing on no specific source but life in general.
But didn't OP state that you had some ideas from Zeitgeist? It was that Zeitgeist link I desired so.

User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Is social independence equal to social progress?

Post by The Voice of Time » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:28 am

Zeitgeist isn't a location to have ideas from (except its location in time) ^^ zeitgeist means "the spirit/soul of time"

http://onelook.com/?w=zeitgeist&ls=a
noun
▸the ideas, beliefs, and interests that are typical of most people during a particular time in history and are expressed in the culture of that time
The word was invented by Georg Hegel.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3343
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Is social independence equal to social progress?

Post by HexHammer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:46 am

You see my good Voice, there are lost of Zeitgeist vids on youtube, which I mistakenly thought you based your ideas from, therefore I wrote that these vids was bad.

User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Is social independence equal to social progress?

Post by The Voice of Time » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:15 am

HexHammer wrote:You see my good Voice, there are lost of Zeitgeist vids on youtube, which I mistakenly thought you based your ideas from, therefore I wrote that these vids was bad.
Oh I love those videos as well, I've been a close watcher of the Venus Project for some time for instance x) But that's an entirely different thing and if you want to discuss those make a thread about it somewhere and we can discuss it, I've made threads about it myself in the Political Philosophy section.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3343
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Is social independence equal to social progress?

Post by HexHammer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:20 am

The Voice of Time wrote:
HexHammer wrote:You see my good Voice, there are lost of Zeitgeist vids on youtube, which I mistakenly thought you based your ideas from, therefore I wrote that these vids was bad.
Oh I love those videos as well, I've been a close watcher of the Venus Project for some time for instance x) But that's an entirely different thing and if you want to discuss those make a thread about it somewhere and we can discuss it, I've made threads about it myself in the Political Philosophy section.
Now I don't understand your logic, you should know youtube are well known, and I would have a great chance of knowing Zeitgeist there, and not think that you refeerd to the dictionary, did I miss your dictionary reference or are you confusing youself?

User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Is social independence equal to social progress?

Post by The Voice of Time » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:49 am

Well this is a philosophy forum, and Georg Hegel is one of the most celebrated and inspirational philosophers of history... it kinda speaks for itself and my text did not reference any political movement (it is after called "The Zeitgeist Movement" and not just "Zeitgeist") or I would be saying so. Zeitgeist is a well-known word among educated people, I'm sorry you had trouble understanding, but it is your problem and it has been resolved, now you know.

Skip
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: Is social independence equal to social progress?

Post by Skip » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:15 am

It's not just that one word, it's all the weird words and how they're put together. You may have wonderful points, but if nobody understands them, nobody's going to give useful - or intelligible - replies. Too bad: he subjects often look promising.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3343
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Is social independence equal to social progress?

Post by HexHammer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:42 am

Skip wrote:It's not just that one word, it's all the weird words and how they're put together. You may have wonderful points, but if nobody understands them, nobody's going to give useful - or intelligible - replies. Too bad: he subjects often look promising.
Yes, a tragic truth. If only he would realize it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests