Is Clear the Opposite of Directed?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Re: Is Clear the Opposite of Directed?

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

No need to apologize. I agree that most if not all of what I post here is mainly new age BS to you. It will seem enlightening but actually devoid of any meaning or usefulness, followed by much wasted post space, a few full stops and a strange and usually completely unrelated picture or off putting gif for you. I expect nothing more than to be ignored or even berated by you for what will seem like such useless posts by me. You are expecting too much.

You won't think you way out
nor can I give you answers served-up upon a shiny platter.

If you are looking for that, you are asking too much from philosophy itself.

Philosophy is meaning...

You will never understand this thread any better or any deeper than you do at this moment.

I hope you never change.

.............................................................................................................
When it comes to consciousness...

................................................................................................................
is clear the opposite of directed?

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
................................................................................................................
is clear the opposite of directed?[/size]
No, and not least because, as usual, you don't answer questions to clarify your statements. By and large you are here just to promote Bill Wiltrack and his needs and not for philosophy.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Actually, I am glad you brought this subject up.

YES. Yes, EVERY post I have made here is a reflection of me. Most often, because of this medium I am arguing or purporting a concept that I have related, in some way, to my philosophical perspective.

If you are placing a negative connotation to that...so be it.

I believe, in that case, we may all be guilty.

Over the last four or five years I have been working intensely upon a new aspect of a philosophical discipline that I have been, as of late, receiving some quite measurable results.

And it does involve me confronting myself, if you will, and obtaining another perspective with some incredibly new understandings.

So, I appreciate you expressing something that I hold dear to me right now, as a valuable tool in my overall philosophical life.

Thank you.

........................................................................................

Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

The purpose of your posts Bill if there is one, to me, is to force us to reflect and search for meaning, even if there is none. However what normally happens is we roll our eyes, scroll, scroll, scroll, and try to guess what crazy ass picture will confront us.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Actually, I am glad you brought this subject up.

YES. Yes, EVERY post I have made here is a reflection of me. Most often, because of this medium I am arguing or purporting a concept that I have related, in some way, to my philosophical perspective. ...
:lol: That'll be the arse-loving, dog-fucking, vomiting breast fetishist philosophy then.
If you are placing a negative connotation to that...so be it.

I believe, in that case, we may all be guilty.
You do love including everyone in your fantasies don't you.
Over the last four or five years I have been working intensely upon a new aspect of a philosophical discipline that I have been, as of late, receiving some quite measurable results.
:lol: Which don't appear to to include being able to keep track of time?
And it does involve me confronting myself, if you will, and obtaining another perspective with some incredibly new understandings.
What use telling us this if you cannot express what they are nor tell us how you got them?
So, I appreciate you expressing something that I hold dear to me right now, as a valuable tool in my overall philosophical life.
What? Plastering your subconscious all over this site in pictures? Try tumblr or better still a psychology forum as your 'philosophical life' appears to be more a need for therapy to solve your existential angst.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.............................................................................................................................
I slayed the dragon

....................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................that slayed you

...and I show you freedom. I show you what tolerance is.

You can read all the books you want and still you will not understand.

Perhaps philosophy, real philosophy, is beyond you still.

All the best to you.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol:

If this 'real philosophy' involves years of flitting all over the weeb spouting your nonsense in whatever style of forum takes your fancy and getting absolutely nowhere other than banned then you can keep it.

If it involves having no idea of who you are, what you are or how to think and reason in a logical and philosophical manner then you can keep it.

If it involves not reading, being anti-intellect and proud of the fact then you can keep it.

If it involves delusional beliefs that you slay dragons then you can keep it.(Still not sure what you are referring to here? Is it about your hero the goaturder?)

The chances of you being a gnu like the goaturder or your mentor are slim to none and you can keep on dreaming that you show me anything other than exactly what I do not will to be.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Not sure I could be as creative as you in your characterization of my last couple of years in relation to this forum and philosophy.

For you
personally, your understanding of me is spot-on. And I think that understanding will serve you well.

................................................................................Image

Philosophically, I am beyond amazed at where I find myself at this stage of my life.

.................................................................................................

At this moment I have been consciously resisting any articulation that directly relates to what I am experimenting with in my life as far as philosophy, real philosophy, is concerned.

I appreciate the time that you have invested in thinking of me and I appreciate the good content that you have added here.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Not sure I could be as creative as you in your characterization of my last couple of years in relation to this forum and philosophy.

For you
personally, your understanding of me is spot-on. And I think that understanding will serve you well.
Actually I was talking about your previous forays around the weeb before you discovered philosophy sites, i.e. the social networks, the zen sites, the political forums, et al.

Philosophically, I am beyond amazed at where I find myself at this stage of my life.
The hook.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2beaceb46de3 ... o1_250.gif

Your subconscious is great!! So all smoke and mirrors then.

At this moment I have been consciously resisting any articulation that directly relates to what I am experimenting with in my life as far as philosophy, real philosophy, is concerned.
The teaser.

I look forward to the sell.

Although not quite true as you've mentioned that you've been taking natural anti-depressants and doing your penis exercises.
I appreciate the time that you have invested in thinking of me and I appreciate the good content that you have added here.
My pleasure. Someones gotta do it else your threads just die a death. Which I guess is what people were trying to tell me a while ago. :oops: :lol:
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

............................................................................................................Image

My experiments and philosophical discipline has changed a bit since the last time I described them here.

I found myself here yesterday looking at this thread, completely exhausted; mentally, physically, and emotionally.

I couldn't even find the strength to reply.

I will continue on...today.

Each day I feel as if I bring great risk to my well being...but I do it for the philosophical insights.

I do it for the experience.

And though I may lose my life through these forays, I am like a moth to a flame...

So far, for me, with great risks has come great reward.

..................................................................................

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:roll: Get over yourself.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Yes, that is a big part of a related philosophical exercise that I do.

The exercise is quite intense and has a number of aspects to it.

Thank you
for participating and allowing me to share this portion of this intense philosophical exercises.

...................................................................................Image

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

It's not working.
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

A question Bill, what is it that you are seeking? Do you even know, because you seem rather lost, to the point of being lost in your own mind and thoughts. For a while I was also lost a few years ago, floating, drifting, searching, for what, I didn't know. I was a very self centred search, in a way that I was trying to rediscover who I was and how I fitted into the grand scheme of things. I felt special in some way, like I was the only one who really mattered. I think this feeling is a kind of defence mechanism when you are in such a state of mind. Eventually, it was a woman who sorted me out, as tends to be the way. I wouldn't say I found what I was seeking, only more questions, but knowing those questions made the unknown a bit more welcoming.

I not sure if you are capable of responding in a direct manner, without the embellishment, but maybe you should try it, might make your own thoughts a bit clearer.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I know what you are talking about and I know what you mean.

In addition, I think you articulated your thoughts in the above post very well.

Well done.

I thank you for your understanding.

In relation to what I am doing, my exercises, I am extremely focused.

I know exactly what I am doing within the exercise itself.

My honest point of contention is the physical risks I may be taking.

For me, philosophy is not a spectator sport when it comes to watching yourself.

We need to actively observe ourselves.
I am a philosopher. A true philosopher. There is an old Indian saying, If you have nothing to die for, you have nothing to live for...

I have found something
that seems to be bringing a number of strong philosophical disciplines together.

I really don't want to intellectualize this too much
at this point where I am at.

I thank you for your thoughts and assessment.