Do thoughts affect reality?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:39 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:35 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Oh, SO, when 'you' say things, 'you' do NOT necessarily mean what 'you' say, correct?

And, when 'you' say, for example, "That's the autism and low IQ part", then is that YOUR OWN "diagnosis", "atla" or is that an "official diagnosis by doctors"? And, if it is the latter, then HOW do 'you' KNOW? But, if it is the former, then what are 'you' basing YOUR "diagnosis" on, EXACTLY? Are 'you' a 'doctor', "atla"?

Also, is YOUR CLAIM that I "don't understand context, implications, references, even words very well, and that I do NOT understand what 'it' means when you ask me where I were give a ("certain") diagnosis" a "certain diagnosis", or an "official diagnosis by doctors", or just your OWN "diagnosis", or something else?

By the way, you NEVER asked me if I was given a "CERTAIN" diagnosis, as can be PROVEN True above.

This is ANOTHER EXAMPLE from 'you', which ACTUALLY backs up and supports my CLAIM that 'you', "atla", do NOT even KNOW what 'you', "yourself", previously wrote. So, THANK YOU, AGAIN, for making ANOTHER PREVIOUS CLAIM and PREDICTION of 'mine' come True, just like I PREDICTED 'you' WOULD.
See, now you wrote a list of things you don't really understand. Normal people don't have these deficiencies.
Okay, if you BELIEVE this is true, then 'it' MUST BE SO, to you.

Also, what do, so called, "normal people" look like? And, what "deficiencies", EXACTLY, do "normal people" not have?

Are 'you', "atla", a "normal person"?
More things you don't understand or misunderstand.

Do you have a schizophrenia diagnosis? How old are you? Did you go to school?

No, I'm not a "normal person", not even close.
Age
Posts: 7810
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:45 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:39 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:35 pm
See, now you wrote a list of things you don't really understand. Normal people don't have these deficiencies.
Okay, if you BELIEVE this is true, then 'it' MUST BE SO, to you.

Also, what do, so called, "normal people" look like? And, what "deficiencies", EXACTLY, do "normal people" not have?

Are 'you', "atla", a "normal person"?
More things you don't understand or misunderstand.
Have you STILL NOT YET REALIZED and UNDERSTOOD that just saying something like;

"More things you don't understand or misunderstand" is, REALLY, NOT saying ABSOLUTELY ANY thing AT ALL.

So, here we go AGAIN, you make a CLAIM, then I TRY TO get you to CLARIFY your CLAIM, and then TRY TO to get you to SUBSTANTIATE that CLAIM, (that is; if you EVER do CLARIFY 'it' first), and you, BECAUSE of YOUR INABILITY, WILL COMPLETELY FAIL, ONCE MORE.

But let us begin, and TRY AGAIN;

What, EXACTLY, are the "more things", which I, SUPPOSEDLY, do not understand or misunderstand?

How, EXACTLY, am I, SUPPOSEDLY, not understanding or misunderstanding "those things"?

And, what is there to, SUPPOSEDLY, understand?
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:45 pm Do you have a schizophrenia diagnosis? How old are you? Did you go to school?
If you are curious about, and want to CONTINUE discussing, 'people', "themselves", instead of being curious about the ACTUAL WORDS BEFORE you, and just discussing THOSE WORDS, then do you REALLY think or believe that a philosophy forum is the best place for you?
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:45 pm No, I'm not a "normal person", not even close.

Okay. But I did ALSO ask you OTHER clarifying questions about these, so called, "normal people", which you write about.

We are still waiting for those CLARIFICATIONS, among MANY OTHERS.
AlexW
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:07 pm ANOTHER one who RUNS AWAY when they can NOT back up and support THEIR CLAIMS.
I am supporting my claims, but it seems that you are not able to understand my explanations - maybe it is because I like to use analogies, similes and metaphors which seem to be beyond your mental capacity...

Anyway, I am not running away from you, I am simply walking out of the room in which a broken record is playing, repeating itself, stating the same ideas over and over again... I thought it might be possible to "bump the needle" just a little bit so we can enjoy the rest of the song, but it seems rather impossible - the needle is completely stuck in its one single groove (see... another analogy for you :-) )
Atla
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:17 am these, so called, "normal people"
By "normal people" I meant neurotypicals (you will never be able to understand what this word means), with more or less average intelligence.
Age
Posts: 7810
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:07 pm ANOTHER one who RUNS AWAY when they can NOT back up and support THEIR CLAIMS.
I am supporting my claims, but it seems that you are not able to understand my explanations - maybe it is because I like to use analogies, similes and metaphors which seem to be beyond your mental capacity...
Look, you have NOT countered that at the very moment while you are BELIEVING some 'thing' is true you can also be even somewhat OPEN, let alone Truly OPEN, to ANY 'thing' opposing or contrary to that BELIEF.

Therefore, you have NOT supported your claims AT ALL here.

By the way, your analogies, similes, and metaphors are understood. They, however, and unfortunately for you, just do NOT reflect thee ACTUAL Truth of things here.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 am Anyway, I am not running away from you,
Have you ever consideedr how things appear from the "other's" perspective?

If you will NOT answer CLARIFYING QUESTIONS posed to you, which are specifically formulated in relation to the ACTUAL accusations and claims that you make, then you can be either 'running away', or 'walking away'. Either way makes NO difference AT ALL to what you are ACTUALLY doing.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 am I am simply walking out of the room in which a broken record is playing, repeating itself, stating the same ideas over and over again...
When you obtain the ability to learn and understand FULLY what is being said and pointed out to you, and, when you STOP repeating the EXACT SAME Wrong conclusions, then I will STOP correcting you.

It really is that SIMPLE.

Also, it can be said that just using analogies, similes, and/or metaphors for exposing an idea is just repeating and stating the same idea over and over again... Just not with the EXACT SAME WORDS. However, if the idea can NOT stand up by itself, just repeating it with new or different words is NOT going to change ANY thing.

If an idea is True, Right, and/or Correct, then it does and will speak for, and stand up by, itd own self. Thee Truth if things do NOT need analogies, similes, et cetera.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 am I thought it might be possible to "bump the needle" just a little bit so we can enjoy the rest of the song, but it seems rather impossible - the needle is completely stuck in its one single groove (see... another analogy for you :-) )
But the "needle would have been bumped" a LONG time ago. That is; IF what was being CLAIMED by you was True, or even somewhat true. However, a LOT of your repeated accusations and CLAIMS here were NOT even close to being true, at all. So, WHY would ANY one move closer to 'that', which is NOT true?

And remember who is the one who IS STUCK here.

I NEITHER believe NOR disbelieve ANY thing is true.

Therefore, I am NOT the one that could EVER be STUCK.
Age
Posts: 7810
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:17 am these, so called, "normal people"
By "normal people" I meant neurotypicals (you will never be able to understand what this word means), with more or less average intelligence.
"never", really?
Atla
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:45 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:17 am these, so called, "normal people"
By "normal people" I meant neurotypicals (you will never be able to understand what this word means), with more or less average intelligence.
"never", really?
really
Age
Posts: 7810
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:47 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:45 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 am
By "normal people" I meant neurotypicals (you will never be able to understand what this word means), with more or less average intelligence.
"never", really?
really
So, even if I asked you what this word means, I will still NEVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?

Even if I searched for what this words means on the internet, I will still NEVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?

If these are correct, then this means that 'you', human beings, will NEVER be able to explain what this word means in a way that one, such as 'me', could EVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?

By the way "atla", if you are NOT a 'neurotypical', as you have just openly expressed you are NOT, then what type of 'person' is "atla", EXACTLY?
Atla
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:47 am So, even if I asked you what this word means, I will still NEVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?

Even if I searched for what this words means on the internet, I will still NEVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?

If these are correct, then this means that 'you', human beings, will NEVER be able to explain what this word means in a way that one, such as 'me', could EVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?
Correct, you lack the ability to even remotely understand what most humans are actually like, what they actually say, what they actually do. Almost everything you ever said about humans on this forum was wrong.
By the way "atla", if you are NOT a 'neurotypical', as you have just openly expressed you are NOT, then what type of 'person' is "atla", EXACTLY?
None of your business, and you could understand it even less than you could understand neurotypicals.
Age
Posts: 7810
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:51 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:47 am So, even if I asked you what this word means, I will still NEVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?

Even if I searched for what this words means on the internet, I will still NEVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?

If these are correct, then this means that 'you', human beings, will NEVER be able to explain what this word means in a way that one, such as 'me', could EVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?
Correct, you lack the ability to even remotely understand what most humans are actually like, what they actually say, what they actually do. Almost everything you ever said about humans on this forum was wrong.
LOL OKAY. I hear you LOUD and CLEAR.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:51 am
By the way "atla", if you are NOT a 'neurotypical', as you have just openly expressed you are NOT, then what type of 'person' is "atla", EXACTLY?
None of your business, and you could understand it even less than you could understand neurotypicals.
Okay.

But this just sounds like ANOTHER TYPICAL response, however, from an adult human being who is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY INCAPABLE of expressing "them self", and thus NOT being able to back up and support their CLAIMS, when CHALLENGED by 'me'.
Atla
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:00 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:51 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:47 am So, even if I asked you what this word means, I will still NEVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?

Even if I searched for what this words means on the internet, I will still NEVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?

If these are correct, then this means that 'you', human beings, will NEVER be able to explain what this word means in a way that one, such as 'me', could EVER be able to understand what this word means, correct?
Correct, you lack the ability to even remotely understand what most humans are actually like, what they actually say, what they actually do. Almost everything you ever said about humans on this forum was wrong.
LOL OKAY. I hear you LOUD and CLEAR.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:51 am
By the way "atla", if you are NOT a 'neurotypical', as you have just openly expressed you are NOT, then what type of 'person' is "atla", EXACTLY?
None of your business, and you could understand it even less than you could understand neurotypicals.
Okay.

But this just sounds like ANOTHER TYPICAL response, however, from an adult human being who is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY INCAPABLE of expressing "them self", and thus NOT being able to back up and support their CLAIMS, when CHALLENGED by 'me'.
sounds like to you, but you're wrong again
Age
Posts: 7810
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:02 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:00 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:51 am
Correct, you lack the ability to even remotely understand what most humans are actually like, what they actually say, what they actually do. Almost everything you ever said about humans on this forum was wrong.
LOL OKAY. I hear you LOUD and CLEAR.
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:51 am
None of your business, and you could understand it even less than you could understand neurotypicals.
Okay.

But this just sounds like ANOTHER TYPICAL response, however, from an adult human being who is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY INCAPABLE of expressing "them self", and thus NOT being able to back up and support their CLAIMS, when CHALLENGED by 'me'.
sounds like to you, but you're wrong again
You OBVIOUSLY do NOT understand words the way I do.

I can NOT be 'wrong' when I say and claim some thing 'sounds like', to me.
This is because this is thee ACTUAL Truth of things.
If some thing 'sounds like' a particular 'thing', then this is EXACTLY what is happening, and what 'it' 'sounds like', to me, and so I am absolutely Right, which could NEVEar be refuted.
Therefore, I could NOT be 'wrong', as you just CLAIMED I am.

If that particular 'thing', however, IS what it 'sounds like', to me, or if it is actually some thing 'else', then this just needs to be looked at and discussed to FIND OUT.

You just saying and claiming, "you're wrong", says and proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

You have made ANOTHER CLAIM here now. So, let us see if you can show and prove WHERE, HOW, and WHY, EXACTLY, I am, SUPPOSEDLY, "wrong" here.

You have FAILED EVERY OTHER TIME. so let us see if you can do it THIS TIME.

We await your reply.
Atla
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:45 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:02 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:00 am

LOL OKAY. I hear you LOUD and CLEAR.



Okay.

But this just sounds like ANOTHER TYPICAL response, however, from an adult human being who is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY INCAPABLE of expressing "them self", and thus NOT being able to back up and support their CLAIMS, when CHALLENGED by 'me'.
sounds like to you, but you're wrong again
You OBVIOUSLY do NOT understand words the way I do.

I can NOT be 'wrong' when I say and claim some thing 'sounds like', to me.
This is because this is thee ACTUAL Truth of things.
If some thing 'sounds like' a particular 'thing', then this is EXACTLY what is happening, and what 'it' 'sounds like', to me, and so I am absolutely Right, which could NEVEar be refuted.
Therefore, I could NOT be 'wrong', as you just CLAIMED I am.

If that particular 'thing', however, IS what it 'sounds like', to me, or if it is actually some thing 'else', then this just needs to be looked at and discussed to FIND OUT.

You just saying and claiming, "you're wrong", says and proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

You have made ANOTHER CLAIM here now. So, let us see if you can show and prove WHERE, HOW, and WHY, EXACTLY, I am, SUPPOSEDLY, "wrong" here.

You have FAILED EVERY OTHER TIME. so let us see if you can do it THIS TIME.

We await your reply.
you said 'sounds like', not 'sounds like, to me'. Who can't remember what she has written? It's you who has failed every time, not me, you're a proven liar.
Age
Posts: 7810
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:52 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:45 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:02 am
sounds like to you, but you're wrong again
You OBVIOUSLY do NOT understand words the way I do.

I can NOT be 'wrong' when I say and claim some thing 'sounds like', to me.
This is because this is thee ACTUAL Truth of things.
If some thing 'sounds like' a particular 'thing', then this is EXACTLY what is happening, and what 'it' 'sounds like', to me, and so I am absolutely Right, which could NEVEar be refuted.
Therefore, I could NOT be 'wrong', as you just CLAIMED I am.

If that particular 'thing', however, IS what it 'sounds like', to me, or if it is actually some thing 'else', then this just needs to be looked at and discussed to FIND OUT.

You just saying and claiming, "you're wrong", says and proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

You have made ANOTHER CLAIM here now. So, let us see if you can show and prove WHERE, HOW, and WHY, EXACTLY, I am, SUPPOSEDLY, "wrong" here.

You have FAILED EVERY OTHER TIME. so let us see if you can do it THIS TIME.

We await your reply.
you said 'sounds like', not 'sounds like, to me'. Who can't remember what she has written? It's you who has failed every time, not me, you're a proven liar.
Did you NOT notice where I put the quotation marks?

Where you placed the quotation marks here is, OBVIOUSLY, NOT where I placed them. So, either you are 'trying to' trick and deceive here, or, you just do NOT notice the way I write.

Now, you have made two MORE CLAIMS HERE. So, what have I, supposedly, failed EVERY TIME in, EXACTLY?

And, you also CLAIM that "I am a proven liar", YET, this has NEVER actually been PROVEN, within this forum setting, and 'you', "atla", have CERTAINLY NEVER been able to SHOW nor PROVE IF I have actually lied ANYWHERE, let alone EVER been able to SHOW ANYWHERE where I, SUPPOSEDLY, have.

But please feel FREE to go ahead and 'TRY TO'.

By the way, just ACCUSING "others" of something WITHOUT PROOF, which you continually do, is AGAIN NOT saying ANY thing at all REALLY.
AlexW
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 am I NEITHER believe NOR disbelieve ANY thing is true.

Therefore, I am NOT the one that could EVER be STUCK.
sounds like a belief to me...

If you don’t believe this is a belief, that’s fine too.
Post Reply