Do thoughts affect reality?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

AlexW
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:51 am Oh, and by the way, do 'you' REALLY have that much, so called, 'fun' 'trying to' to teach or tell "each other" what the actual 'truth' is?
I see it as fun, you might see it as quite unpleasant to do so...
If its unpleasant to you than you should stop doing it.
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am And, while you are BELIEVING some 'thing' is true, then are you OPEN to the opposite or contrary being true as well?
Can I make a suggestion?
I suggest you read my full post before asking so many questions which again are answered in the next sentence or a few sentences after.

By the way: The next sentence stated:
As I see it, one can always be open for a new perspective if it is more reasonable than the old one (which might be believed to be true at the time)
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am BUT there is NO "old one" WHILST you are BELIEVING that 'thing' to be true.

There can ONLY be an "old one" if that BELIEF has ALREADY CHANGED. You appear to be completely MISUNDERSTANDING this FACT and POINT.
I have never experienced it working like that...
Normally one believes something, then learns a new perspective and - if one sees this new perspective to be valid - the "old" belief/opinion, which was held until this very moment, changes, is replaced or dropped.

Does this sound so unusual to you?
As I see, this is how a change of mind usually works.
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am Also, 'I' do NOT belong in the 'thought world'. That realm is SOLELY for 'you'. But to Truly UNDERSTAND this FACT is done by KNOWING who and what 'I' am
I guess this confirms what I was suggesting in my last post.
When you write "I", then you are referring to what you call "thee ONE MIND", God, or the Absolute - And now I am asking you: Is this correct? If no, then what are you referring to when you say "I" (especially when referring to people as "you human beings" within the same sentence)?
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am Some, like me, can say MANY and EVERY word without necessarily BELIEVING those words are true. This is the fourth option. I do this by CLEARLY EXPRESSING that these words that I am about to say are just 'my perspective' of things, which have come from just what I have observed and/or experienced, and which could be true or false, right or wrong, and/or correct or incorrect.
Either you believe in your claim that "Some, like me, can say MANY and EVERY word without necessarily BELIEVING those words are true" - or you don't. If you don't believe what this claim proposes, why state it?
According to your logic, it could just as well be that the opposite is true, which would read:
"Some, like me, can say MANY and EVERY word and BELIEVE every word to be true"

I guess you think the first version of the sentence is more correct than the second one?
Do you? If not, and the second version could just be equally correct, then why make the claim?
By the way: if you actually do think the first sentence is more correct, then you have just disproven your own claim...
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am But there is NO "personal self" mixing itself up with thee absolute and ONLY One, in the words here under the label "age". This is because 'I' KNOW who and what which one IS.
So you believe that there are two? Age and the ONE?
Maybe you should start every sentence with either AGE: or ONE: - so I actually know which of the two I should be addressing in my answer (it would be easier, because then I can either talk to the person, or the Absolute itself and as such adopt my use of language accordingly)
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am This is WHY I do NOT do 'interpretation'. I ONLY LOOK AT and DISCUSS thee ACTUAL Truth ONLY.
Discussing anything is impossible without interpreting and conceptualising.
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am But 'I' am NOT trying to tell 'you', human beings, what the truth is. That is the EASY PART. As thee ACTUAL Truth speaks for Itself. 'I' am just learning how to express, clearly, to 'you', people, HOW 'you' can find and discover what thee ACTUAL Truth IS for, and by, "your" own "selves".
Why do you think this is necessary? Is it in the interest of the ONE for "us human beings" to discover and understand?
Age
Posts: 7013
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:51 am Oh, and by the way, do 'you' REALLY have that much, so called, 'fun' 'trying to' to teach or tell "each other" what the actual 'truth' is?
I see it as fun, you might see it as quite unpleasant to do so...
I might AND I might NOT.

Also, do you really see telling "others" that there is NO actual 'truth' as being 'fun'?

WHY NOT just PROVE this CLAIM of yours, INSTEAD?
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am If its unpleasant to you than you should stop doing it.
WHEN have I 'tried to' teach or tell ANY one here, in this forum, what the actual 'truth' is?

By the way your, "If its unpleasant to you than ..." comment is completely and utterly moot.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am And, while you are BELIEVING some 'thing' is true, then are you OPEN to the opposite or contrary being true as well?
Can I make a suggestion?
I suggest you read my full post before asking so many questions which again are answered in the next sentence or a few sentences after.
I just asked that CLARIFYING QUESTION to SEE how Honest you are here.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am By the way: The next sentence stated:
As I see it, one can always be open for a new perspective if it is more reasonable than the old one (which might be believed to be true at the time)
BUT, as I POINTED OUT in the next sentence, what you said here is ONLY in regards to "old" and "new" perspectives. HOWEVER, WHILST one is BELIEVING some thing is true, then OBVIOUSLY that is the, so called, "new" perspective. Which, by the way, is a BELIEF that does NOT allow an opposing NOR contrary view to even be considered. As ALREADY PROVEN true.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am BUT there is NO "old one" WHILST you are BELIEVING that 'thing' to be true.

There can ONLY be an "old one" if that BELIEF has ALREADY CHANGED. You appear to be completely MISUNDERSTANDING this FACT and POINT.
I have never experienced it working like that...
I KNOW 'you' HAVE NEVER experienced 'it' working like that. Your words here are SHOWING and PROVING this.

Also, there are MANY other things that 'you', human beings, have NEVER consciously noticed NOR recognized in what the human body experiences. YET those things still occurred, and continue to happen.

But there is a reason WHY 'you', human beings, in the days when this was written, did NOT consciously notice NOR recognize MANY things.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am Normally one believes something, then learns a new perspective and - if one sees this new perspective to be valid - the "old" belief/opinion, which was held until this very moment, changes, is replaced or dropped.
I KNOW.

And, if you had read what I had written previously in this thread, then you would, consciously, ALREADY KNOW this FACT.

Also, do NOT forget that a lot of what 'you', human beings, did "normally", and 'thought', in previous generations, is looked upon as just being totally ridiculous, among other things.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am Does this sound so unusual to you?
As I see, this is how a change of mind usually works.
To me, that is what the term, "a change of mind", refers to. However, UNLIKE what is "normally" BELIEVED, in the days when this was written, there is NOT actual 'mind' that could be changed.

Also, you are ONCE AGAIN MISSING the POINT and FACT about how WHILST one is BELIEVING some 'thing', then they are NOT OPEN to ANY thing opposing NOR contrary to that 'thing'. ONLY WHEN one STOPS BELIEVING some 'thing' is true is when they are Truly able to LOOK AT and CONSIDER the 'other thing', and ONLY THEN one can change what to what they 'now' BELIEVE is true.

But, ALL of this is just a DETRACTION from being Truly OPEN to LOOK AT and CONSIDER the question, 'WHY BELIEVE ANY 'thing'?' ESPECIALLY when that BELIEVED 'thing' could be False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect, in the first place, anyway.

By the way, what 'you', human beings, "normally" do, in those days when this was written, is CERTAINLY NOT necessarily what 'human beings' will do.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am Also, 'I' do NOT belong in the 'thought world'. That realm is SOLELY for 'you'. But to Truly UNDERSTAND this FACT is done by KNOWING who and what 'I' am
I guess this confirms what I was suggesting in my last post.
When you write "I", then you are referring to what you call "thee ONE MIND", God, or the Absolute - And now I am asking you: Is this correct?
FINALLY, a CLARIFYING QUESTION', which could be answered, AND UNDERSTOOD, by the one word, 'Yes'. HOWEVER, in just that one question the 'you' word was used four times.

So, this means that when the words, " When 'you' write 'I' ", for example are used, then until the one who used and wrote those words KNOWS what the word 'you', and the word 'I,' mean and refer to EXACTLY, then when "another" answers with a 'Yes', then the one who wrote those words will be far more likely to make an ASSUMPTION and/or JUMP to a CONCLUSION without EVERY even 'trying to' CLARIFY and UNDERSTAND what the "other" ACTUALLY MEANT.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am If no, then what are you referring to when you say "I" (especially when referring to people as "you human beings" within the same sentence)?
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am Some, like me, can say MANY and EVERY word without necessarily BELIEVING those words are true. This is the fourth option. I do this by CLEARLY EXPRESSING that these words that I am about to say are just 'my perspective' of things, which have come from just what I have observed and/or experienced, and which could be true or false, right or wrong, and/or correct or incorrect.
Either you believe in your claim that "Some, like me, can say MANY and EVERY word without necessarily BELIEVING those words are true" - or you don't.
This is ANOTHER CLAIM of 'yours', which 'you' BELIEVE is ABSOLUTELY, true, and SO 'you' are NOT Truly OPEN to ANY thing opposing NOR contrary to that BELIEF.

I have INFORMED 'you' that I NEITHER believe nor disbelieve ANY thing, which OBVIOUSLY included EVERY thing I write AND say. So, your CLAIM here is Wrong, AGAIN.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am If you don't believe what this claim proposes, why state it?
BECAUSE from EVERY thing that I have observed and/or experienced this is what I see, AND, BECAUSE I like to SHARE my views. Which, AGAIN, could be False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am According to your logic, it could just as well be that the opposite is true, which would read:
"Some, like me, can say MANY and EVERY word and BELIEVE every word to be true"
OF COURSE 'this' could be true as well. Especially considering the FACT of what 'me' IS.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am I guess you think the first version of the sentence is more correct than the second one?
You are FREE to 'guess' this, or ANY thing else.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am Do you?
To answer this question Honestly, properly AND correctly, so that 'you' could FULLY UNDERSTAND, then I would have to first explain to 'you' what the word 'I' means and refers to, what the word 'me' means and refers to, and what the word 'you' means and refers to, to 'me'.

If 'you' would like 'me' to EXPLAIN what EVERY word in that sentence I put forward means and refers to, so that you could FULLY UNDERSTAND 'things' here, then I WILL.

Just let us know.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am If not, and the second version could just be equally correct, then why make the claim?
WHY I make claims, like above, is to share 'my' views, to see if there is ANY one who is Truly OPEN, Truly Curious, and/or Truly interested in learning and understanding more, or anew.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am By the way: if you actually do think the first sentence is more correct, then you have just disproven your own claim...
If I did think the first sentence is more correct, then how, EXACTLY, have I just disproved my own claim?
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am But there is NO "personal self" mixing itself up with thee absolute and ONLY One, in the words here under the label "age". This is because 'I' KNOW who and what which one IS.
So you believe that there are two? Age and the ONE?
HOW MANY TIMES do I have to INFORM 'you' that I NEITHER believe nor disbelieve ANY thing, before 'you' can comprehend and understand this FACT?
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am Maybe you should start every sentence with either AGE: or ONE: - so I actually know which of the two I should be addressing in my answer (it would be easier, because then I can either talk to the person, or the Absolute itself and as such adopt my use of language accordingly)
'you' have OBVIOUSLY MISSED or FORGOTTEN, that I have ALREADY EXPLAINED just WHERE, and HOW, this separation occurs. The little 'i' when used under the label "age" means or refers to the perceived 'personal self, 'person', or 'human being', whereas, the big 'I' when used under the label "age" means or refers to thee One and ONLY.

Does that help at all in CLEARING 'things' up for 'you', here?
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am This is WHY I do NOT do 'interpretation'. I ONLY LOOK AT and DISCUSS thee ACTUAL Truth ONLY.
Discussing anything is impossible without interpreting and conceptualising.
If 'you' say and BELIEVE this is true, then this HAS TO BE the ABSOLUTE True, as there is ACTUALLY NOTHING opposing NOR contrary to this BELIEF, which could even be POSSIBLY true, correct?

Your Honest answer to this CLARIFYING QUESTION would be much appreciated.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:45 am But 'I' am NOT trying to tell 'you', human beings, what the truth is. That is the EASY PART. As thee ACTUAL Truth speaks for Itself. 'I' am just learning how to express, clearly, to 'you', people, HOW 'you' can find and discover what thee ACTUAL Truth IS for, and by, "your" own "selves".
Why do you think this is necessary?
What is the 'necessary' word here in relation to, EXACTLY?

Also, WHY did you ASSUME and/or JUMP to the CONCLUSION that I thought that this is necessary?

I suggest when 'you', "alexw", read or hear words in regards to 'nondual' that 'you' do NOT BELIEVE what is written and/or said is gospel, nor actually thee one and only truth of things. I also suggest that when, 'you', human beings, read or hear words in regards to ANY 'thing' that 'you' do NOT BELIEVE what is written and/or said is gospel, nor actually thee one and only truth of things.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am Is it in the interest of the ONE for "us human beings" to discover and understand?
There are a few things here to consider, which all depend on HOW, and on WHICH WAY, 'you' are LOOKING AT 'this';

Considering that there is REALLY actually ONLY One, then what EVERY "other" perceived 'thing' does would be in thee One's interest.

It is NOT necessarily in the 'interests' of the One for 'you', human beings, to discover and understand, but it is a FACT that 'you' WILL discover and understand. How MUCH or how LITTLE 'you', human beings, come to actually discover and understand 'we' will have to wait to see.

It is in the interests of the One for A species to discover and understand. If that species happens to be 'you', human beings, or not, then this is of NO interest, NOR concern, to thee One.

There are more things here, which could be considered, but this will do for now.
AlexW
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am WHEN have I 'tried to' teach or tell ANY one here, in this forum, what the actual 'truth' is?
Some two weeks ago you wrote:
There is only One who 'knows'. This One is thee Mind, of which there is only One, and One only.

How this One 'knows', for sure, is through agreement of ALL ("ourselves"). The word 'our-selves' refers to the collective of ALL, which is just this One's, (our), selves and, the word 'selves' just refers to all the illusioned, separated selfs, as discussed in nondualistic conversations. The separate 'selfs', (in the illusion) just refers to people, or human beings.


Sounds like you are teaching someone here, in this forum, what the actual 'truth' is...
Or, if it is not the truth that you have been teaching, then what exactly is it?
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am BUT, as I POINTED OUT in the next sentence, what you said here is ONLY in regards to "old" and "new" perspectives. HOWEVER, WHILST one is BELIEVING some thing is true, then OBVIOUSLY that is the, so called, "new" perspective. Which, by the way, is a BELIEF that does NOT allow an opposing NOR contrary view to even be considered. As ALREADY PROVEN true.
I am not sure how you have proven this to be true... I cant see or find any proof of such a thing.
Again: Why would any belief make it impossible to consider a different view? It makes no sense at all.
How do you think humanity has dropped the belief of the earth being flat or the centre of the universe? How do you think kids drop the belief in Santa, Unicorns, the Boogeyman or whatever else... if not by allowing an opposing perspective/belief to override the existing one?
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am Also, do NOT forget that a lot of what 'you', human beings, did "normally", and 'thought', in previous generations, is looked upon as just being totally ridiculous, among other things.
Man... it is really quite funny to talk to some"one" who insists to speak like that :-)
Is it really so hard to discard this split personality of your (small i and big I) and simply speak from the small "i" perspective like anybody else on this forum?
If you really want to learn how to communicate better, then I suggest that you communicate as small "i"-"Age" and not as capital "I" thee ONE.
There are ways of explaining all of this without having to adopt a different personality - maybe you should give it a try?
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am This is ANOTHER CLAIM of 'yours', which 'you' BELIEVE is ABSOLUTELY, true
I am not sure why you keep insisting that I believe that anything is "ABSOLUTELY true"...
I have said it multiple times, but I am happy to say it again: Any statement that is made via language will always only be relatively true (absolute truth is not something that can be expressed using concepts).
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am To answer this question Honestly, properly AND correctly, so that 'you' could FULLY UNDERSTAND, then I would have to first explain to 'you' what the word 'I' means and refers to, what the word 'me' means and refers to, and what the word 'you' means and refers to, to 'me'.

If 'you' would like 'me' to EXPLAIN what EVERY word in that sentence I put forward means and refers to, so that you could FULLY UNDERSTAND 'things' here, then I WILL.

Just let us know.
I am pretty sure I have decoded your way of using the English language, but just to be sure (and please correct me if I am wrong):
"i" = Age
"I" = thee One Mind, Absolute
"you" = AlexW (or any single other person / human being)
"me" = Age
"we" = all human beings
Is there a "ME" (capitals) that works with "I"? Not sure... cant remember if you have used that before...
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am If I did think the first sentence is more correct, then how, EXACTLY, have I just disproved my own claim?
Well, if based on your perspective of not having any beliefs, the sentence "I don't have any beliefs" is more correct than "I have beliefs", then this actually proves that you have a preference, an opinion or perspective - and as we established previously, a perspective is nothing but a loosely held belief - so... your claim should be re-phrased to: "I don't have any unchangeable/stuck beliefs, but I do have perspectives, which are nothing but loosely held beliefs."
What do you think about that?

And again: My perspective on there being "unchangeable/stuck beliefs" is that such beliefs actually do not even exist. Anything can change, loosen and dissolve, no matter how stuck it might appear.
Age
Posts: 7013
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am WHEN have I 'tried to' teach or tell ANY one here, in this forum, what the actual 'truth' is?
Some two weeks ago you wrote:
There is only One who 'knows'. This One is thee Mind, of which there is only One, and One only.

How this One 'knows', for sure, is through agreement of ALL ("ourselves"). The word 'our-selves' refers to the collective of ALL, which is just this One's, (our), selves and, the word 'selves' just refers to all the illusioned, separated selfs, as discussed in nondualistic conversations. The separate 'selfs', (in the illusion) just refers to people, or human beings.


Sounds like you are teaching someone here, in this forum, what the actual 'truth' is...
Why? Is what I said 'the actual truth', to you?

Also, I could only 'teach', to 'those' who want to be taught.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am Or, if it is not the truth that you have been teaching, then what exactly is it?
Again, have I been 'teaching'? And, if what I have been saying is the truth or not is NOT up to 'me'. That is up to 'you' to decide?

By the way, thank you for answering my CLARIFYING QUESTION.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am BUT, as I POINTED OUT in the next sentence, what you said here is ONLY in regards to "old" and "new" perspectives. HOWEVER, WHILST one is BELIEVING some thing is true, then OBVIOUSLY that is the, so called, "new" perspective. Which, by the way, is a BELIEF that does NOT allow an opposing NOR contrary view to even be considered. As ALREADY PROVEN true.
I am not sure how you have proven this to be true... I cant see or find any proof of such a thing.
EVERY time WHILE 'you' are BELIEVING some 'thing' to be true, then 'you' are NOT OPEN to even being able to consider the opposing or contrary view. Therefore, ANY opposing or contrary view could even be 'more reasonable' to consider. Now, for 'you' to be able to SEE how this is a FACT, which I have already proven true, then 'you' just NEED to be Truly OPEN and Honest here.

Provide some 'thing', which 'you' BELIEVE is true, then I can, again, SHOW and PROVE what I have been saying here.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am Again: Why would any belief make it impossible to consider a different view?
BECAUSE WHY would 'you' even consider a view, which 'you' BELIEVE is NOT true? That is; if you BELIEVE some thing is true, then ANY opposing or contrary view would OBVIOUSLY HAVE TO BE NOT true, correct?

Also, do NOT get mistaken that I am saying 'a different' view, which is what you are 'trying to' imply or infer here.

Just so you are ABSOLUTELY CLEAR I have been talking about 'opposing' or 'contrary' views. I have NOT been talking about, "a different" view. Your word here CHANGES COMPLETELY what I have been saying and talking about.

The words 'you', human beings, say, internally and externally, have for MORE POWER and CONTROL of 'you' then is FULLY REALIZED YET, in the days when this is written.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am It makes no sense at all.
Does 'it' make no sense at all to the Universe/ALL/Everyone, or to just 'you'?

If 'you' want to SEE and UNDERSTAND thee ACTUAL Truth of things, then 'you' have to speak and say thee ACTUAL Truth of things.

'it' may make no sense at all, to 'you'. But, this is NO way, transfers on to "others".
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am How do you think humanity has dropped the belief of the earth being flat or the centre of the universe?
By just changing 'their' BELIEFS. By JUMPING from one BELIEF to another BELIEF is HOW "humanity" dropped 'their' old False, Wrong, and Incorrect BELIEFS.

Are 'you' REALLY STUCK on this? I have ALREADY EXPLAINED 'this', to 'you'.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am How do you think kids drop the belief in Santa, Unicorns, the Boogeyman or whatever else...
By changing their BELIEFS. Or, by JUMPING from one BELIEF to another BELIEF. I have ALREADY INFORMED 'you' that this is what HAPPENS. I have also ALREADY INFORMED you that 'you', human beings, were STILL doing this in the days when this was written.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am if not by allowing an opposing perspective/belief to override the existing one?
And, what I have been questioning 'you' about, whilst POINTING OUT, is that WHILE one HOLDS and MAINTAINS a BELIEF, then they, OBVIOUSLY, could NOT change that BELIEF. ONLY when one becomes, at least, somewhat OPEN could they be capable of learning some thing new, or more, and thus ONLY THEN being able to CHANGE 'their' BELIEFS or views.

HOW could absolutely ANY thing 'override' 'that', which ALREADY EXISTS as TRUE?

WHY do you think that 'you', human beings, took SO LONG to CHANGE 'your' views and/or BELIEFS about the shape and place of earth? WHY do you think it took 'you', human beings, SO LONG to discover and understand what is ACTUALLY True?

The very reason WHY 'you', human beings, STILL, in the days of when this was written, did NOT YET KNOW how the Universe ACTUALLY works is mostly because of your BELIEFS that the Universe began and/or is expanding. ONLY when 'you' STOP BELIEVING these things, then thee ACTUAL Truth can come to light.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am Also, do NOT forget that a lot of what 'you', human beings, did "normally", and 'thought', in previous generations, is looked upon as just being totally ridiculous, among other things.
Man... it is really quite funny to talk to some"one" who insists to speak like that :-)
GREAT. This is my intention. This is because 'I' am VERY DIFFERENT than 'you'.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am Is it really so hard to discard this split personality of your (small i and big I) and simply speak from the small "i" perspective like anybody else on this forum?
And, what has been SOLVED from within this forum, from 'you', people, speaking like each "other"?

ACTUALLY what has be SOLVED, which Truly benefits 'humanity', and/or Existence, Itself, from 'you', human beings, speaking like EVERY "body" "else" from the past few thousand years? LOL 'you', human beings, STILL can NOT YET answer the question 'Who am 'I'?' properly and correctly.

Also, is 'your', collective and/or personal, life REALLY moving in the direction that 'you' REALLY would LOVE IT TO BE?

COULD, just MAY BE, it is the way 'you' speak and COPY "each other", which is what is HOLDING 'you', human beings, BACK from learning and discovering MUCH QUICKER than 'you' are now?
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am If you really want to learn how to communicate better, then I suggest that you communicate as small "i"-"Age" and not as capital "I" thee ONE.
WHY?

OBVIOUSLY that has NOT worked FULLY for 'you', human beings. The continual bickering, fighting, warring, and killing of "each other" PROVES this FACT.

Is it REALLY that hard to just 'try' something else? Or, is it just to SCARY for 'you', human beings, to just 'try' something else?

REALLY what is so hard or difficult about just CLARIFYING with "each other", BEFORE ASSUMING, BEFORE JUMPING to CONCLUSIONS, and BEFORE JUMPING from BELIEFS to BELIEFS, which is Truly what is CAUSING ALL of the DISAGREEMENTS and CONFUSION from and within 'you'.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am There are ways of explaining all of this without having to adopt a different personality - maybe you should give it a try?
If there are ways of explaining "all of this", then I suggest 'you' FIRST INFORM 'us' of what "all of this" is, EXACTLY, and then INFORMING 'us' of those 'ways' of explaining "all of this".

Also, I suggest 'you' CLARIFY and KNOW, BEFORE 'you' ASSUME and GUESS.

I have NOT adopted a different personality.

Also, and for your information, thee One is NOT a 'personality'. 'Personalities' exist, only, WITHIN animal bodies. Unless, OF COURSE, one of 'you', human beings, wants to "place/imagine/perceive" a 'personality' somewhere else.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am This is ANOTHER CLAIM of 'yours', which 'you' BELIEVE is ABSOLUTELY, true
I am not sure why you keep insisting that I believe that anything is "ABSOLUTELY true"...
AND if you REALLY want to KNOW WHY, then you will just ask a CLARIFYING QUESTION.

By the way, could that reason be somewhat like the reason WHY you keep INSISTING that I BELIEVE some 'things', full stop?

Another reason WHY I keep INSISTING that you believe some things are absolutely true' is because of the way you write and say things. Like, for example, you CLAIM that EITHER I believe in a claim or I do not, correct?

If this is correct, and you are going to be Truly Honest here, then you will inform 'us' of what ELSE there is, or could be, OTHER than HAVING TO either believe in a claim or not.

See, if you do NOT provide ANY thing else, then what you say and BELIEVE is true, would have to be absolutely true, BECAUSE, to 'you', there is absolutely NOTHING ELSE.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am I have said it multiple times, but I am happy to say it again: Any statement that is made via language will always only be relatively true (absolute truth is not something that can be expressed using concepts).
LOL I KNOW what you BELIEVE is true. And, to you, there is NOTHING ELSE here, correct?

To you, ANY statement that is made/expressed via language will ALWAYS ONLY be 'relatively true', correct? (Is there ANY other way to make/express a statement by the way?)

And, if this is correct, and there is NOTHING ELSE opposing NOR contradicts this, this how could this relative truth of 'yours' be false, wrong, or incorrect in ANY way?
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am To answer this question Honestly, properly AND correctly, so that 'you' could FULLY UNDERSTAND, then I would have to first explain to 'you' what the word 'I' means and refers to, what the word 'me' means and refers to, and what the word 'you' means and refers to, to 'me'.

If 'you' would like 'me' to EXPLAIN what EVERY word in that sentence I put forward means and refers to, so that you could FULLY UNDERSTAND 'things' here, then I WILL.

Just let us know.
I am pretty sure I have decoded your way of using the English language, but just to be sure (and please correct me if I am wrong):
"i" = Age
"I" = thee One Mind, Absolute
"you" = AlexW (or any single other person / human being)
"me" = Age
"we" = all human beings
Is there a "ME" (capitals) that works with "I"? Not sure... cant remember if you have used that before...
'Age' is small 'a'.
'you' can be for "alexw", for another label of another human being, or for ALL human beings, "themselves/yourselves", for adult human beings, or for whatever other words, in commas, I use after the word 'you', in single quotation marks.
'we' can refer to many different things. Just like how 'you' use the words 'we', 'you', 'everyone', and/or 'all' to mean many completely different things, depending on the context of what 'you' are saying and talking about. By the way, this changing different meanings and definitions for the same word, depending on what we are actually saying and talking about, can apply to, if NOT just about ALL words, then ALL words.

If there was a 'Me' that works with 'I', then it would NOT be a capital M and a capital e. For your information, I have used 'that' before.

By the way, whenever I use single quotation marks around a word, term, or phrase, then CLARIFICATION is NEEDED, that is; IF a True and FULL understanding is Truly wanted.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am
Well, if based on your perspective of not having any beliefs, the sentence "I don't have any beliefs" is more correct than "I have beliefs", then this actually proves that you have a preference, an opinion or perspective - and as we established previously, a perspective is nothing but a loosely held belief
WHAT?

'we', you and I, did NOT "establish previously" what you CLAIM here.

You established, and now BELIEVE, that a 'perspective' is nothing but a loosely held belief.

I CERTAINLY did NOT establish this. I also do NOT agree with NOR accept this. I, however, agree that this is what you have established and agree with.

Also, the statement, 'I have NO beliefs' is NOT 'more' correct than the statement, 'I have beliefs', BECAUSE I ACTUALLY have NO beliefs. Therefore, ONLY the prior statement is CORRECT, while the latter one is NOT CORRECT.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am - so... your claim should be re-phrased to: "I don't have any unchangeable/stuck beliefs, but I do have perspectives, which are nothing but loosely held beliefs."
What do you think about that?
Ridiculous. Considering I could just say, 'I have NO beliefs', INSTEAD, which is thee ACTUAL Truth of things.

As for perspectives OF COURSE they exist.

Also, IF 'perspectives' are "nothing but loosely held beliefs", then what are "strongly held beliefs" called or known by?
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am And again: My perspective on there being "unchangeable/stuck beliefs" is that such beliefs actually do not even exist.
So, to you, WHILE 'you' and "others" are BELIEVING some 'thing' is True, then 'you' and "them" are STILL OPEN to being wrong, correct?

If this is correct, then I suggest becoming MORE AWARE of what ACTUALLY HAPPENS with 'you', human beings.

Have you ever tried to SHOW or TELL "another" what you KNOW is ACTUALLY True WHILST the "other" BELIEVES the opposite?
AlexW wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 am Anything can change, loosen and dissolve, no matter how stuck it might appear.
OF COURSE. AND, if i recall correctly, 'we' even AGREED to this FACT.

Even EVERY BELIEF can change, loosen, and/or dissolve, HOWEVER, WHILST some 'thing' is BELIEVED to be true, or false, then that BELIEF is being strongly held onto and maintained, and WHILE that is HAPPENING there is NOTHING that can change, loosen, nor dissolve that BELIEF. Unless, of course, you can show and prove otherwise. AND, if you can, then I would LOVE to SEE that PROOF.

If you KNOW what CAN change, loosen, or dissolve a BELIEF, then PLEASE let me in on what that 'thing' IS.

Oh, and by the way, if that 'thing' is persistence or a BELIEF in thy Self's own ability to create or achieve what It has set out to create and/or achieve, then I ALREADY KNOW this. I have just been waiting, patiently, for 'you', human beings, to Truly Want to CHANGE, for the better. In the meantime I will just remain OPEN in learning how to communicate better with 'you', human beings, so that 'I' am better UNDERSTOOD, and recognized and accepted for who 'I' Truly am.
AlexW
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm WHILST some 'thing' is BELIEVED to be true, or false, then that BELIEF is being strongly held onto and maintained, and WHILE that is HAPPENING there is NOTHING that can change, loosen, nor dissolve that BELIEF. Unless, of course, you can show and prove otherwise.
If that were the case, a belief, once established would truly stick - we would never evolve as it would be impossible to "change, loosen, or dissolve that BELIEF".
Its quite easy to show and prove otherwise: the history of humanity on this planet is full of them.
Why can a believing Catholic turn Buddhist or the other way round (this already happened thousands of times on this planet) - the belief in the one christian God is often strongly held, yet, when something happens (it could be the death of a loved one or only a sudden realisation) - the belief weakens, crumbles and dissolves - it might be replaced by a new one, or it simply drops off and thats it.
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm Why? Is what I said 'the actual truth', to you?
It's a relative truth that you believe to be the absolute truth (together with: "I don't have any beliefs").

Now, you might think that if it actually is "thee one Mind", the Absolute, that states: "I don't have any beliefs", this must obviously be absolutely true...
As it would be impossible for "thee one Mind" to state something that is not absolutely true...
And while I would actually agree with: "Thee one Mind does not have any beliefs", the individual "Age" for sure does have them.
And as it is actually always only the person/individual talking/writing, the idea that "thee one Mind" could actually say something that is absolutely true is just another belief held onto by "Age".
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm By just changing 'their' BELIEFS. By JUMPING from one BELIEF to another BELIEF is HOW "humanity" dropped 'their' old False, Wrong, and Incorrect BELIEFS.

Are 'you' REALLY STUCK on this? I have ALREADY EXPLAINED 'this', to 'you'.
But you just stated that "EVERY time WHILE 'you' are BELIEVING some 'thing' to be true, then 'you' are NOT OPEN to even being able to consider the opposing or contrary view"
and now you propose that it actually is possible to "jump" from one belief to another...
It shouldn't be possible if people were "REALLY STUCK" on their beliefs, would it? Maybe they actually are not so stuck and strongly held as you might think?
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm I have NOT adopted a different personality.

Also, and for your information, thee One is NOT a 'personality'. 'Personalities' exist, only, WITHIN animal bodies. Unless, OF COURSE, one of 'you', human beings, wants to "place/imagine/perceive" a 'personality' somewhere else.
But it for sure sounds like you have...

How is "thee One" speaking and writing if not through this body of yours?
I don't think he/she/it is a ghostly apparition that in some magical way manifests this writing on the screen without using your body... now, if it is your body that is writing this and if this entity has certain perspectives that are communicated via this forum, then this seems to be some kind of personality (personalities are actually made up of opinions, likes, dislikes, ideas, perspectives and... beliefs)
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm Is it REALLY that hard to just 'try' something else? Or, is it just to SCARY for 'you', human beings, to just 'try' something else?
I don't think its a bad thing to try something else, but speaking to people as if one were a higher being, thee One Mind, God etc... actually has a long tradition on this planet.
2000 years ago some guy called Jesus apparently spoke these words:
.) I and my Father are one.
.) I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life
.) Split a piece of wood and I am there, lift a stone and you will find me
etc etc etc...
Now these words were also spoken from the perspective of "thee One" (of course Jesus didn't mean that he, the human being, would be found under a stone or between some pieces of wood) - but... where did it take "us"?
Into religious belief, often forced onto non believers (committing all sorts of atrocities in the process), because statements have been taken literally - if God is the only way, then of course all non believers must be converted (no matter the cost)... etc etc... you be the judge how much good came from that.

By the way:
I agree with you in that it would be great if people were more open, would carefully listen to others, think about what they have to say and have an open mind to integrate other ideas and perspectives into their personality - I am only questioning if your way of trying to achieve this (by speaking as or on behalf of "thee One Mind") is working... as I see it, there is some room for improvement :-)
Age
Posts: 7013
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm WHILST some 'thing' is BELIEVED to be true, or false, then that BELIEF is being strongly held onto and maintained, and WHILE that is HAPPENING there is NOTHING that can change, loosen, nor dissolve that BELIEF. Unless, of course, you can show and prove otherwise.
If that were the case, a belief, once established would truly stick - we would never evolve as it would be impossible to "change, loosen, or dissolve that BELIEF".
How did you arrive at this MOST ABSURD and ILLOGICAL CONCLUSION?

You OBVIOUSLY have NOT been LISTENING to what I have been saying, and have CLEARLY written, here.

IF you had answered my previous questions, Honestly, then you would NOT make this OBVIOUSLY ABSURD and FALSE CLAIM here.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am Its quite easy to show and prove otherwise: the history of humanity on this planet is full of them.
AGAIN, you have NOT listened to NOR heard what I have been saying, and meaning.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am Why can a believing Catholic turn Buddhist or the other way round (this already happened thousands of times on this planet) - the belief in the one christian God is often strongly held, yet, when something happens (it could be the death of a loved one or only a sudden realisation) - the belief weakens, crumbles and dissolves - it might be replaced by a new one, or it simply drops off and thats it.
You started this statement of yours here with the question, WHY?, yet you seem to NOT YET even KNOW what the answer IS.

The reason WHY BELIEFS weaken, crumble, dissolve, et cetera is BECAUSE 'you', people, start to choose to STOP BELIEVING some thing is true. But, as I have been saying, WHILE one is BELIEVING some 'thing' is true, then, at that time, they are NOT able to even begin to see ANY thing opposing nor contrary to what is BELIEVED to be true.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm Why? Is what I said 'the actual truth', to you?
It's a relative truth that you believe to be the absolute truth (together with: "I don't have any beliefs").
LOL Here is a PRIME EXAMPLE of one who is NOT, AT ALL, able to SEE nor UNDERSTAND ANY thing contrary to what they wholeheartedly BELIEVE is true.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am Now, you might think that if it actually is "thee one Mind", the Absolute, that states: "I don't have any beliefs", this must obviously be absolutely true...
As it would be impossible for "thee one Mind" to state something that is not absolutely true...
Yes, this is absolutely True.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am And while I would actually agree with: "Thee one Mind does not have any beliefs", the individual "Age" for sure does have them.
LOL 'you' are SO PREDICTABLE, and SO BLINDED by your BELIEFS here.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am And as it is actually always only the person/individual talking/writing, the idea that "thee one Mind" could actually say something that is absolutely true is just another belief held onto by "Age".
LOL
LOL
LOL

The examples of BLINDNESS, and CONTRADICTIONS, which you are providing here ARE PRICELESS. So, THANK YOU.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm By just changing 'their' BELIEFS. By JUMPING from one BELIEF to another BELIEF is HOW "humanity" dropped 'their' old False, Wrong, and Incorrect BELIEFS.

Are 'you' REALLY STUCK on this? I have ALREADY EXPLAINED 'this', to 'you'.
But you just stated that "EVERY time WHILE 'you' are BELIEVING some 'thing' to be true, then 'you' are NOT OPEN to even being able to consider the opposing or contrary view"
Yes I did.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am and now you propose that it actually is possible to "jump" from one belief to another...
What do you mean by the word 'now' here?

I HAVE BEEN SAYING, before 'now', that it is NOT just possible to jump from one belief to another, but that this is EXACTLY what 'you', adult human beings, do.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am It shouldn't be possible if people were "REALLY STUCK" on their beliefs, would it?
You REALLY are STUCK on 'this'.

I will SAY 'it' AGAIN. WHILE one is BELIEVING some thing is true, then they are NOT OPEN to ANY thing opposing NOR contrary to that BELIEF.

WHEN one decides to STOP BELIEVING some thing is true, then they become OPEN, and then, and ONLY THEN, they are OPEN enough to LOOKING AT and CONSIDERING things opposing and contrary to what they previously BELIEVED was true.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am Maybe they actually are not so stuck and strongly held as you might think?
'you', "alexw", have ALREADY PROVEN True just how much one is STUCK while they BELIEVE some thing is true.

'your' words SPEAK VOLUMES here SHOWING and PROVING this Truth.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm I have NOT adopted a different personality.

Also, and for your information, thee One is NOT a 'personality'. 'Personalities' exist, only, WITHIN animal bodies. Unless, OF COURSE, one of 'you', human beings, wants to "place/imagine/perceive" a 'personality' somewhere else.
But it for sure sounds like you have...
AND, just like what is "observed", and interpreted, may not be thee ACTUAL Truth of things, so to this FACT applies to what is "heard", and interpreted.

Therefore, and in other words, what 'sounds like' to 'you', NEEDS to be checked, and CLARIFIED, BEFORE 'you' KNOW, FOR SURE. OTHERWISE, all you are REALLY doing is just MAKING an ASSUMPTION, JUMPING to a CONCLUSION, and then maybe BELIEVING that that conclusion is true.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am How is "thee One" speaking and writing if not through this body of yours?
1. This body is NOT the 'mine', which 'you' are referring to and meaning.

2. Who here, EVER, said, or even implied, that thee One is NOT speak nor write through physical bodies?

3. Where are these assumptions, conclusions, and/or beliefs of 'yours' coming from, EXACTLY?
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am I don't think he/she/it is a ghostly apparition that in some magical way manifests this writing on the screen without using your body...
Okay.

I do NOT KNOW of ANY one who thinks this, as well.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am now, if it is your body that is writing this and if this entity has certain perspectives that are communicated via this forum, then this seems to be some kind of personality (personalities are actually made up of opinions, likes, dislikes, ideas, perspectives and... beliefs)
If this is what 'seems' to 'you', then okay. There are MANY things that 'seem' to people. If, however, they relate AT ALL to thee ACTUAL Truth of things is another matter, and if they do, then by how much is yet another matter again.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm Is it REALLY that hard to just 'try' something else? Or, is it just to SCARY for 'you', human beings, to just 'try' something else?
I don't think its a bad thing to try something else, but speaking to people as if one were a higher being, thee One Mind, God etc... actually has a long tradition on this planet.
YES, I KNOW.

AND, I am PURPOSELY doing this to PROVE MY POINT, which is; IF one does NOT CLARIFY, BEFORE they ASSUME, then they continue to be INEVITABLY Wrong.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am 2000 years ago some guy called Jesus apparently spoke these words:
.) I and my Father are one.
.) I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life
.) Split a piece of wood and I am there, lift a stone and you will find me
etc etc etc...
Now these words were also spoken from the perspective of "thee One" (of course Jesus didn't mean that he, the human being, would be found under a stone or between some pieces of wood) - but... where did it take "us"?
To EXACTLY where 'I' WANT 'you'.

SEE, ALL of those things are leading up to what is about TO COME.

By the way, the EXACT SAME WAY 'I' have been SPEAKING to 'you', human beings, for thousand upon thousands of years is EXACTLY THE SAME WAY 'I' SPEAK to 'you', NOW, in the days when this was written and EVERY time, forever more.

But, as 'I' was saying, previously, 'you' have NOT been 'hearing', nor even 'LISTENING', to Me.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am Into religious belief, often forced onto non believers (committing all sorts of atrocities in the process), because statements have been taken literally - if God is the only way, then of course all non believers must be converted (no matter the cost)... etc etc... you be the judge how much good came from that.
The MORE 'you', human beings, bicker, fight, and kill each other, then the BETTER the OUTCOME, WILL BE.

By the way, talking about, ' taking words/statements 'literally' ', is something, which NEEDS to be MUCH BETTER UNDERSTOOD. That is; If 'you', human beings, REALLY do want to live in peace, and in harmony. Otherwise, just carry on the way you have been, and are in the days when this is written.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am By the way:
I agree with you in that it would be great if people were more open, would carefully listen to others, think about what they have to say and have an open mind to integrate other ideas and perspectives into their personality - I am only questioning if your way of trying to achieve this (by speaking as or on behalf of "thee One Mind") is working... as I see it, there is some room for improvement :-)
As I SEE it, there is INFINITE room for improvement, and it is for this very reason WHY I say, 'I am just here to keep learning how to communicate better.'
AlexW
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am I will SAY 'it' AGAIN. WHILE one is BELIEVING some thing is true, then they are NOT OPEN to ANY thing opposing NOR contrary to that BELIEF.

WHEN one decides to STOP BELIEVING some thing is true, then they become OPEN, and then, and ONLY THEN, they are OPEN enough to LOOKING AT and CONSIDERING things opposing and contrary to what they previously BELIEVED was true.
So, you are saying that " WHILE one is BELIEVING some thing is true, then they are NOT OPEN to ANY thing opposing NOR contrary to that BELIEF", yet one is still open to "decide to STOP BELIEVING" the very same thing is true?

Why would one who is not open at all to stop believing suddenly be open to decide to stop believing?
I don't see any difference between
1) actually being open to stop believing
and
2) deciding to stop believing

When a belief changes or drops away "you" (the individual self) don't actually make a decision to stop believing (its actually impossible for a self to do so, because it is, itself, made up of these beliefs, tendencies, likes dislikes etc) - its much rather the case that something happens (eg a sudden realisation etc) and the belief weakens or drops on its own.
Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am LOL 'you' are SO PREDICTABLE, and SO BLINDED by your BELIEFS here.
Do you actually believe this to be true? Or could the opposite equally be true?
Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am The MORE 'you', human beings, bicker, fight, and kill each other, then the BETTER the OUTCOME, WILL BE.
Why would that be so?
And: What is this "OUTCOME" that you are talking about?
Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am To EXACTLY where 'I' WANT 'you'.

SEE, ALL of those things are leading up to what is about TO COME.

By the way, the EXACT SAME WAY 'I' have been SPEAKING to 'you', human beings, for thousand upon thousands of years is EXACTLY THE SAME WAY 'I' SPEAK to 'you', NOW, in the days when this was written and EVERY time, forever more.

But, as 'I' was saying, previously, 'you' have NOT been 'hearing', nor even 'LISTENING', to Me.
Well, maybe nobody is listening to "thee One" because "thee One" does not know how to address people in a way that they can actually understand what he/she has to say.
Time for "thee One" to smarten his/her game - or continue to be misunderstood and keep wondering why... :-)
Age
Posts: 7013
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am
Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am I will SAY 'it' AGAIN. WHILE one is BELIEVING some thing is true, then they are NOT OPEN to ANY thing opposing NOR contrary to that BELIEF.

WHEN one decides to STOP BELIEVING some thing is true, then they become OPEN, and then, and ONLY THEN, they are OPEN enough to LOOKING AT and CONSIDERING things opposing and contrary to what they previously BELIEVED was true.
So, you are saying that " WHILE one is BELIEVING some thing is true, then they are NOT OPEN to ANY thing opposing NOR contrary to that BELIEF", yet one is still open to "decide to STOP BELIEVING" the very same thing is true?
NO, I am NOT saying this AT ALL.

SO, your CLAIM here is Wrong.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am Why would one who is not open at all to stop believing suddenly be open to decide to stop believing?
I do NOT know. Who claims this, ANYWAY?
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am I don't see any difference between
1) actually being open to stop believing
and
2) deciding to stop believing
This is because you are NOT YET OPEN to listening and hearing what I am ACTUALLY saying and meaning. As evidenced and proven above.

To be able to SEE some thing, one needs to be OPEN to that thing, FIRST.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am When a belief changes or drops away "you" (the individual self) don't actually make a decision to stop believing (its actually impossible for a self to do so, because it is, itself, made up of these beliefs, tendencies, likes dislikes etc) - its much rather the case that something happens (eg a sudden realisation etc) and the belief weakens or drops on its own.
Okay, but if you had been listening to what I have been ACTUALLY saying and POINTING OUT, then you would have ALREADY STOPPED going off on these OTHER tangents.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am
Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am LOL 'you' are SO PREDICTABLE, and SO BLINDED by your BELIEFS here.
Do you actually believe this to be true?
NO.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am Or could the opposite equally be true?
What are you implying is the 'opposite' here?
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am
Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am The MORE 'you', human beings, bicker, fight, and kill each other, then the BETTER the OUTCOME, WILL BE.
Why would that be so?
Because the more opposing the outcome is. And, the outcome is what ALL Truly WANT and DESIRE.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am And: What is this "OUTCOME" that you are talking about?
Peace.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am
Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am To EXACTLY where 'I' WANT 'you'.

SEE, ALL of those things are leading up to what is about TO COME.

By the way, the EXACT SAME WAY 'I' have been SPEAKING to 'you', human beings, for thousand upon thousands of years is EXACTLY THE SAME WAY 'I' SPEAK to 'you', NOW, in the days when this was written and EVERY time, forever more.

But, as 'I' was saying, previously, 'you' have NOT been 'hearing', nor even 'LISTENING', to Me.
Well, maybe nobody is listening to "thee One" because "thee One" does not know how to address people in a way that they can actually understand what he/she has to say.
WHILST 'you', human beings, BELIEVE things, and keep insisting and/or referring to thee One as being a "he" or a "she", then 'you' will continue to be NOT listening, and so will continue NOT hearing what is ACTUALLY being said and POINTED OUT, to 'you'.

Also, I have ALREADY made it VERY CLEAR that I am here to learn how to communicate better with 'you', human beings. That is; I am learning how to express what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, in the false, wrong, and incorrect terms, phrases, and language that 'you', human beings, use and insist on using.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am Time for "thee One" to smarten his/her game
Are you even able to explain WHY 'you', human beings, continue to refer to thee One as a "he" or a "she"?
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am - or continue to be misunderstood and keep wondering why... :-)
But 'I' do NOT wonder why. 'I' KNOW EXACTLY WHY 'you', human beings, continue to MISUNDERSTAND.
AlexW
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by AlexW »

Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am This is because you are NOT YET OPEN to listening and hearing what I am ACTUALLY saying and meaning. As evidenced and proven above.

To be able to SEE some thing, one needs to be OPEN to that thing, FIRST.
Yawn... this is getting tiring. You should work on some new lines otherwise the audience is going to sleep.
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am AlexW wrote: ↑Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:09 pm
Age wrote: ↑Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 pm
LOL 'you' are SO PREDICTABLE, and SO BLINDED by your BELIEFS here.
Do you actually believe this to be true?

NO.
So... then why say it?
Do you think that stating random stuff, which you neither believe nor don’t believe, makes any sense at all?
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 amPeace
What exactly is peace to you?
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am WHILST 'you', human beings, BELIEVE things, and keep insisting and/or referring to thee One as being a "he" or a "she", then 'you' will continue to be NOT listening, and so will continue NOT hearing what is ACTUALLY being said and POINTED OUT, to 'you'.
I’m happy to call you Cousin Itt, if you prefer.
In case you don’t know who that is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_Itt
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am Also, I have ALREADY made it VERY CLEAR that I am here to learn how to communicate better with 'you', human beings. That is; I am learning how to express what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, in the false, wrong, and incorrect terms, phrases, and language that 'you', human beings, use and insist on using.
Seems you are a very slow learner... or you are just stuck in a belief that you are learning something while you’re actually making no progress at all.
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am Are you even able to explain WHY 'you', human beings, continue to refer to thee One as a "he" or a "she"?
Sure, it’s called language, but, as I said before, if you have an issue with being addressed as a male or female then just let me know your other options.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4657
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Lacewing »

AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am
Age wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am the EXACT SAME WAY 'I' have been SPEAKING to 'you', human beings, for thousand upon thousands of years is EXACTLY THE SAME WAY 'I' SPEAK to 'you', NOW, in the days when this was written and EVERY time, forever more.

But, as 'I' was saying, previously, 'you' have NOT been 'hearing', nor even 'LISTENING', to Me.
Well, maybe nobody is listening to "thee One" because "thee One" does not know how to address people in a way that they can actually understand what he/she has to say.
After all these years, this "thee One" that Age imagines to speak as has offered nothing profound -- rather, just excuses and repetition of the same self-serving phrases over and over: what "thee One" knows, but it isn't understood because humans are deficient.

Why would "thee One" be so detached as to need to keep yammering at people for thousands of years, and to be so misunderstood?

And why would "thee One" be using this forum, among all other choices? :lol:

Age has revealed much to the contrary of all the claims, excuses, and projections... which reveal a very human person who likes to use the CAPS key and set himself apart from other humans, who he likes to blame for his own deficiencies.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 am Time for "thee One" to smarten his/her game - or continue to be misunderstood and keep wondering why... :-)
Doesn't seem likely... the delusional show just seems to get thicker... demonstrating Age's limitation and self-absorption: unable to acknowledge his beliefs and projections, and unable to understand or be open to anything other than that, he stakes out a title and position as "thee One" -- utterly clueless of what is surely and already flowing through all of us very efficiently!

Recognizing and understanding the natural/built-in perfection of all, is much more compelling to me than anything "thee One" makes up to serve himself. Questioning him and watching him flop around with his claims and excuses is fascinating in what it reveals about the creative potential of self-indulgence and self-deception. One could say "there is god"... and then point everywhere else and say, "and there, and there, and there, and there, and there...". People who claim to be uniquely/separately so, are ridiculous.
Atla
Posts: 3360
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm Why would "thee One" be so detached as to need to keep yammering at people for thousands of years, and to be so misunderstood?
Worst omniscient being ever :)
Atla
Posts: 3360
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Atla »

Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:21 pm Worst omniscient being ever :)
Isn't it a remarkable coincidence that this "thee ONE" seems to exhibit the same set of cognitive deficiencies, as Age the human does? Lucky person this Age, to be se in tune with "thee One".
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4657
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:21 pm Worst omniscient being ever :)
:lol: :lol: Indeed!
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:55 pmIsn't it a remarkable coincidence that this "thee ONE" seems to exhibit the same set of cognitive deficiencies, as Age the human does? Lucky person this Age, to be se in tune with "thee One".
Same old story: human speaks as/for a god, and the god makes no greater sense than the human (same limitations, excuses, denial, projections, ego). The god-speaker does not seem aware of how obvious this is to those who have no blinding investment in it. Nor does the god-speaker seem to realize how many other god-speakers are also flinging themselves onto the pile of enraptured god-speakers. If they could acknowledge these factors, perhaps we could go deeper to discuss the implications of that, which (I think) could be much more interesting philosophical discussion than endlessly entertaining people's various claims of gods or their own supreme "knowing".

Why are none of these gods present and compelling for anyone other than the fully subscribed -- and why is there so much variance between the gods? An obvious answer: they're manmade... and they typically become a club that rewards themselves, while excluding others.
AlexW
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by AlexW »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm Same old story: human speaks as/for a god, and the god makes no greater sense than the human (same limitations, excuses, denial, projections, ego). The god-speaker does not seem aware of how obvious this is to those who have no blinding investment in it.
How true!

It's always a clear warning sign if someone claims to be speaking on behalf of a higher being, a god, thee One or whatever else it might be he/she believes he/she is "channeling".
Problem is, everybody else sees it, only the one who is performing the act is blind to it...
Age
Posts: 7013
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do thoughts affect reality?

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am This is because you are NOT YET OPEN to listening and hearing what I am ACTUALLY saying and meaning. As evidenced and proven above.

To be able to SEE some thing, one needs to be OPEN to that thing, FIRST.
Yawn... this is getting tiring. You should work on some new lines otherwise the audience is going to sleep.
Well, considering you do NOT YET FULLY UNDERSTAND this FACT I will keep repeating it until you do.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am AlexW wrote: ↑Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:09 pm
Age wrote: ↑Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 pm
LOL 'you' are SO PREDICTABLE, and SO BLINDED by your BELIEFS here.
Do you actually believe this to be true?

NO.
So... then why say it?
Now this here is a PRIME EXAMPLE of what happens when has NOT YET become Truly OPEN.

I have REPEATEDLY been INFORMING you that I NEITHER believe NOR disbelieve ANY thing. Therefore, I OBVIOUSLY would NOT believe the thing in your question to be true. BUT, this ALSO OBVIOUSLY does NOT mean I disbelieve it is true EITHER, NOR believe that it is false. See, I NEITHER believe NOR disbelieve.

Now, WHY I said that is because of the evidence and proof for the FACT that that is true.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm Do you think that stating random stuff, which you neither believe nor don’t believe, makes any sense at all?
YES.

IF, and WHEN, 'you', ones, ever become OPEN enough, then you will SEE, EXACTLY, how it ACTUALLY IS, and makes, PERFECT SENSE.

We just wait, patiently, for 'you' to 'catch up', as some say.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 amPeace
What exactly is peace to you?
Peace is what ALL of 'you' WANT and DESIRE.

'Peace' is when KNOWING the FUNDAMENTAL reason WHY 'you', adult human beings, bicker, squabble, fight, et cetera, and thus having discovered and/or learned WHY 'you' ALL fight, et cetera now KNOW how to prevent doing this, OBVIOUSLY, Wrong behaviors, and do what is necessary to prevent 'that' what is opposite of 'peace', to 'yourselves".

True Peace is reached and achieved when ALL of 'you', human beings, have STOPPED judging, ridiculing, punishing "each other" as well as having STOPPED BELIEVING and expressing your own views as being true and right.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am WHILST 'you', human beings, BELIEVE things, and keep insisting and/or referring to thee One as being a "he" or a "she", then 'you' will continue to be NOT listening, and so will continue NOT hearing what is ACTUALLY being said and POINTED OUT, to 'you'.
I’m happy to call you Cousin Itt, if you prefer.
'you' can call 'me' whatever 'you' like. It concerns me NONE.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm In case you don’t know who that is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_Itt
Again, 'itt' concerns me NONE.

My point still remains IRREFUTABLY True. As ALREADY PROVEN.

While BELIEVING some 'thing' is true, in those moments 'you' are NOT OPEN to ANY thing opposing nor contrary to that BELIEF.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am Also, I have ALREADY made it VERY CLEAR that I am here to learn how to communicate better with 'you', human beings. That is; I am learning how to express what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, in the false, wrong, and incorrect terms, phrases, and language that 'you', human beings, use and insist on using.
Seems you are a very slow learner... or you are just stuck in a belief that you are learning something while you’re actually making no progress at all.
ONCE MORE, I NEITHER believe NOR disbelieve ANY thing.

By the way, ONLY I Truly KNOW how much or how little progress I am making.

See, CONTRARY to what you BELIEVE is true, I am NOT trying to learn how 'you', human beings, define words in order to communicate with 'you' with those definitions. Learning that is about one of the very simplest and easiest things to do.

I am learning how to communicate to 'you', human beings, what thee ACTUAL Truth of things IS. Most of, however, just happens to be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, currently BELIEVE is true. Thus, the VERY SLOW PROGRESS.
AlexW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am Are you even able to explain WHY 'you', human beings, continue to refer to thee One as a "he" or a "she"?
Sure, it’s called language, but, as I said before, if you have an issue with being addressed as a male or female then just let me know your other options.
BUT you NEVER said that before.

See, this is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of WHY 'you', adult human beings, can NOT YET SEE thee ACTUAL Truth of things.

Words have FAR MORE POWER over 'you' than 'you' YET FULLY REALIZE. And, until 'you' DO FULLY REALIZE this FACT 'you' will continue saying things that are, OBVIOUSLY, COMPLETELY UNTRUE, and 'you' will KEEP BELIEVING that 'you' do KNOW what is true.

As I said before, 'It concerns me NONE', whatever 'you' call 'me'.

Now, 'your' "excuse" for referring to thee One as a "he" or a "she" is because that is what is called 'language', then by this, so called, "logic" or EXCUSE then 'you' could call ANY thing by ANY name, no matter how Wrong that name is, but the reason WHY 'you' do this is because "it is called language".
Besides NOT informing us of what the 'it' word here is referring to, thee ACTUAL reason WHY 'you' call thee One a "he" or a "she" is NOT because 'it' is called "language", (no matter what the 'it' refers to here).

The reason WHY 'you' call 'thee One' a "he" or a "she" is BECAUSE that is how 'you' learned how to communicate. Which, by the way, is OBVIOUSLY Wrong, but "justified" as being "the right way". Which helps in explaining WHY learning how to communicate BETTER with 'you', human beings, could still take quite a LOT MORE "TIME".
Post Reply