Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness

Post by Dontaskme »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:05 pm
"No-thing"...is higher than human awareness, it is the underlying apex that mediates all of "being". "Hight" is merely a statement of opposing poles (high/low), thus which is higher than all of being is intrinsically the center of it all.
I really agree with that intelligent point - thank you Eodnhoj7

It prompts me to go one step further: by stating that 'No thing' is evolving, and that every thing is just a 'thought' which is mentation a unique phenomena within the mysterious sense of reality itself. ''thoughts'' are apparently coming and going, arising and falling, approaching and receding within the ''No thing'' emptiness of awareness. Awareness being the centreless centre of all apparent things. As above so below. As within so without...etc..etc..

It's all the play of nothingness this immediate, unmoving, unchanging, ageless all pervading CENTRE in which everything turns and has it's being. The centre is everywhere and the circumfrence is nowhere.

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:44 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:05 pm
"No-thing"...is higher than human awareness, it is the underlying apex that mediates all of "being". "Hight" is merely a statement of opposing poles (high/low), thus which is higher than all of being is intrinsically the center of it all.
I really agree with that intelligent point - thank you Eodnhoj7

It prompts me to go one step further: by stating that 'No thing' is evolving, and that every thing is just a 'thought' which is mentation a unique phenomena within the mysterious sense of reality itself. ''thoughts'' are apparently coming and going, arising and falling, approaching and receding within the ''No thing'' emptiness of awareness. Awareness being the centreless centre of all apparent things. As above so below. As within so without...etc..etc..

It's all the play of nothingness this immediate, unmoving, unchanging, ageless all pervading CENTRE in which everything turns and has it's being. The centre is everywhere and the circumfrence is nowhere.

Evolution/Involution is the expansion and contraction of a phenomenon, from the void, into multiple variations of the same thing. I say involution, as evolution alone is a contradiction due to its dependence on the polarity of "involution".

For example, using a thought experiment.

I have a memory of seeing a tree. I meditate on this memory every time I smell "pine". Eventually the image is "forgotten", it is contracted into the void of the subconsious (involuted) where it becomes "one" my underlying patterns of thought.

So every time I smell pine, this image "evolves" out of the "void" into that memory again. However Its a variation of the original memory (or rather experience) in that it is not just a replication but effectively also changes itself. I may remember a different angle of the tree, see it from a different light, etc.

So "void" is the underlying empty center between the two extremes of evolution and involution or "expansion" and "contraction". It occurs within consciousness, it occurs within nature.

Yeah, in short terms. I can expound on the definition, but you are on "point"...pardon the pun...lol
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:31 pm Evolution/Involution is the expansion and contraction of a phenomenon, from the void, into multiple variations of the same thing. I say involution, as evolution alone is a contradiction due to its dependence on the polarity of "involution".
I agree.

Also, I see that evolution is what gets us here in the first place, to the apex point of which the universe becomes aware of itself, and in that exact same moment it becomes aware of itself the duality immediately collapses back in on itself as with the involution idea....and so it can be said that all time is only ever happening all at once, in that time is always available infinitely. And that no time ever elapsed between the two unborn eternities either side of the apparent born self aware middle man. In essence it's all the same one timeless ageless place, namely here now.

As for the material world being the mechanics needed to generate life into being all of which is run off electricty which there is an infinite abundant supply of. My logic informs me that if I exist at all then I must have always existed. In the sense that all can be negated except source itself which is what void is.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:31 pmFor example, using a thought experiment.

I have a memory of seeing a tree. I meditate on this memory every time I smell "pine". Eventually the image is "forgotten", it is contracted into the void of the subconsious (involuted) where it becomes "one" my underlying patterns of thought.

So every time I smell pine, this image "evolves" out of the "void" into that memory again. However Its a variation of the original memory (or rather experience) in that it is not just a replication but effectively also changes itself. I may remember a different angle of the tree, see it from a different light, etc.

So "void" is the underlying empty center between the two extremes of evolution and involution or "expansion" and "contraction". It occurs within consciousness, it occurs within nature.
Very good.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pm "It's difficult to believe in the dreadful but quiet war, lurking just below the serene facade of nature." Charles Darwin

Existence is a brief fever dream between two eternities of slumber. We have nothing to gain from life, we have everything to lose from death. As before birth, so after death. Why not skip the middle man? Why rouse the sleepers? There really is nothing to do here. Nothing to accomplish. Nowhere to go. Nothing is going anywhere. Nothing is evolving. It's just the same old stupid game made to look like new replaying over and over until you wake up and pull the plug.The human organism is bacically fucking just to be fucked. Being human is just another hopeless addiction for there's nothing else to do but to fill in the boredom by denying it exists through recreating more of it. It's the futile addiction of trying to fill an endless void with actual purpose and meaning where there is none.

Life for the sentience human mind has only one value and that is the negative.
All the goods are the absence of the negative. I feel good if I'm not poor, or I feel good if I don't have cancer (the negative)
It's not like there is some good that can come from a negative like I need to fix this damn negative before I can have the good.
What a miserable existence.

If there's (Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness) Can you, will you, be able to handle that?

I mean would you even want it? do you actually need it?

How about not wanting or needing anything and just be like a tree, because after all, this awareness ain't evolving anywhere past that tree. What comes next? You have no idea, nor will you ever have. The Alaska red cedar tree can live up to 3,500 years. No human being ever gets out of here alive to know anything above their own sentient awareness. Wow! look how far you've come, from nothing to nothing. Wasn't that an amazing achievement?

This is of course your joke. There is no way you believe this. This is the Atheist view.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pm How about not wanting or needing anything and just be like a tree, because after all, this awareness ain't evolving anywhere past that tree. What comes next? You have no idea, nor will you ever have. The Alaska red cedar tree can live up to 3,500 years. No human being ever gets out of here alive to know anything above their own sentient awareness. Wow! look how far you've come, from nothing to nothing. Wasn't that an amazing achievement?

Did you hear about the tree scientist who fulfilled a strange, ironic destiny? He was taking core samples of ancient trees and broke off an expensive drill bit in the tree. He went to the authorities and asked what to do. They said to cut down the tree. It wasn’t the only tree on the spot, so he cut it down. Back in the lab, counting the rings, he realized that he had killed the oldest living thing on earth, the focus of his life work.

Talk about a mind job. It totally changed his life. He went to a place of no trees, literally *. Interesting story. Since his death an older tree has been found.

*Meaning that he changed his line of work.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Seems to me that we're gonna be extinct within a few decades, so yeah, i feel human consciousness is the highest evolutionary stage of consciousness.

We have indeed come full circle to the remembrance of our Divinity. Well, a few of us have.

The rest of the 99.999% will continue on in delusion. Yup, ever deepening delusion.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 pm Seems to me that we're gonna be extinct within a few decades, so yeah, i feel human consciousness is the highest evolutionary stage of consciousness.

We have indeed come full circle to the remembrance of our Divinity. Well, a few of us have.

The rest of the 99.999% will continue on in delusion. Yup, ever deepening delusion.
I agree.

It's almost like once we figure out how the game is played, it's game over.

Every thing has a shelf life. Nothing is permanent. Every thing is changing. While nothing changes.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 pm Seems to me that we're gonna be extinct within a few decades,
We are literally waching our own extinction unfold.
henry quirk

DAM

Post by henry quirk »

I disagree with all of this...

Existence is a brief fever dream between two eternities of slumber. We have nothing to gain from life, we have everything to lose from death. As before birth, so after death. Why not skip the middle man? Why rouse the sleepers? There really is nothing to do here. Nothing to accomplish. Nowhere to go. Nothing is going anywhere. Nothing is evolving. It's just the same old stupid game made to look like new replaying over and over until you wake up and pull the plug.The human organism is bacically fucking just to be fucked. Being human is just another hopeless addiction for there's nothing else to do but to fill in the boredom by denying it exists through recreating more of it. It's the futile addiction of trying to fill an endless void with actual purpose and meaning where there is none.

Life for the sentience human mind has only one value and that is the negative.
All the goods are the absence of the negative. I feel good if I'm not poor, or I feel good if I don't have cancer (the negative)
It's not like there is some good that can come from a negative like I need to fix this damn negative before I can have the good.
What a miserable existence.

#

If there's (Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness) Can you, will you, be able to handle that?

Pretty much I think that's the case, so -- yeah -- handlin' it just fine.

#

How about not wanting or needing anything and just be like a tree, because after all, this awareness ain't evolving anywhere past that tree. What comes next? You have no idea, nor will you ever have. The Alaska red cedar tree can live up to 3,500 years. No human being ever gets out of here alive to know anything above their own sentient awareness. Wow! look how far you've come, from nothing to nothing. Wasn't that an amazing achievement?

I know it's not fashionable to think of human beings as sumthin' special, but I'm pretty sure we are. Moreover I like being a human individual, enjoy livin' as I am. I don't wanna be a tree or tree-like, and don't see trees as bein' superior.
henry quirk

"We are literally waching our own extinction unfold."

Post by henry quirk »

Of course we're not.

It's the conventional fatalistic wisdom that man is 'wrong' and is fated to self-eradicate.

I hold to a more sensible, more realistic, perhaps more optimistic, view: man has a special place and purpose in the scheme. We're gonna walk a helluva further down the road before it'll be time to say 'g'night, Gracie'.

In fact: we may never have to say g'night if we play our cards right.
roydop

Re: "We are literally waching our own extinction unfold."

Post by roydop »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:03 pm Of course we're not.

It's the conventional fatalistic wisdom that man is 'wrong' and is fated to self-eradicate.

I hold to a more sensible, more realistic, perhaps more optimistic, view: man has a special place and purpose in the scheme. We're gonna walk a helluva further down the road before it'll be time to say 'g'night, Gracie'.

In fact: we may never have to say g'night if we play our cards right.
The current Co2 atmospheric concentrations are 415 ppm, up from 280ppm at beginning of the industrial age, due to the 1,600,000,000,000 tons of Co2 we have pumped into the atmosphere. 1.6 TRILLION TONS!!!

The last time the earth experienced 415ppm Co2 concentrations the oceans were 50 feet higher and the average temperature was 3 degrees (centegrate) warmer.

It's already baked in, and rising.

We're fucked. Within 2 decades we will be extinct.
Last edited by roydop on Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:52 am
roydop wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 pm Seems to me that we're gonna be extinct within a few decades, so yeah, i feel human consciousness is the highest evolutionary stage of consciousness.

I agree.

It's almost like once we figure out how the game is played, it's game over.

Every thing has a shelf life. Nothing is permanent. Every thing is changing. While nothing changes.
Yup, this game is over. All of the potential novel experiences have been exhausted.

Now we live vicariously in a 2 dimensional realm (screens). An ENORMOUS phase transition is occurring.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"The current Co2 atmospheric concentrations are 415 ppm, up from 280ppm at beginning of the industrial age, due to the 1,600,000,000,000 tons of Co2 we have pumped into the atmosphere. 1.6 TRILLION TONS!!!"

oh noes!

#

"The last time the earth experienced 415ppm Co2 concentrations the oceans were 50 feet higher and the average temperature was 3 degrees (centegrate) warmer."

oh noes!

#

It's already baked in, and rising.

oh noes!

#

"We're fucked. Within 2 decades we will be extinct."

No, we're not, and, no, we won't be.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:40 pm
"We're fucked. Within 2 decades we will be extinct."

No, we're not, and, no, we won't be.
Sir David Attenborough | A message to world leaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyYpExl8AJU

Henry, How do you propose to change to save yourself and the world?

henry quirk

"Henry, How do you propose to change to save yourself and the world?"

Post by henry quirk »

I don't need savin'; the world don't need savin', so: I propose nuthin' ('cept, mebbe, gettin' ourselves up [offa the ground] and out [into space]).

and: kill commies