Cartesian dualism

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SteveKlinko

Re: Cartesian dualism

Post by SteveKlinko » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 am
SteveKlinko wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:32 pm
I insist that I can Experience Sound without describing it with Words. In fact it is not true that you can even actually describe a Sound with Words. Describe the Experience of the Standard A Tone with Words.
Steve, I'm talking about the actual 'Knower' of the experience of sound. I'm not talking about describing the experience of sound which would require knowledge which is just sound heard as words.

Maybe I'm not explaining this very well, it's difficult, but I'll keep trying.
Forget about describing an experience. I'm asking how is having an experience known, and by whom or what?.. what knows it is having the experience of sound?
You say I ...but isn't I just another word? albeit a one lettered word.

If you insist on being able to experience sound without descibing it in words, then tell me without using words how it is known that there is the experience of sound ?...just what is it that KNOWS it is experiencing the experience of sound? can it be possible to know who or what is experiencing sound without the knowledge of said experience present? so what or who is knowing the knowledge of the said experience? and how could it be known without knowledge which is sound heard as words.

'' I insist that I can Experience Sound without describing it with Words '' is still a CLAIM.

What is knowing it is making a claim to know it is experiencing sound without having to describe it in words?

This goes deeper than just saying the ''I'' knows, and that's bascially all I'm trying to get at here.

Thanks for your patience.

PS, remember, animals don't possess knowledge that is unique to the human which is just another form of animal, if the other animals did possess knowledge, then surely they would be plotting to do all kinds of dastardly deeds. Then we'd really need to be watching our backs.

Animals know without knowing they know, so what is this knowledge that human animals seem to possess that other animals don't have. If everything in life is functioning without a mind that knows that it knows,then what is this mind that knows itself that is unique to human? isn't that just knowledge, aka sound heard as words?

Notice also that animals are always listening to sound, and is how they navigate and understand their world and is how they learn to survive in it.

When I say I there is an assumption that we each are some kind of I. I is not just a word but rather it is the only way we can refer to something like the Conscious Self which is a real thing in the Universe. But the question remains: Exactly what is that Standard A Toneness that we all can Experience but can not Explain?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 am

SteveKlinko wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 pm
When I say I there is an assumption that we each are some kind of I.

I is not just a word but rather it is the only way we can refer to something like the Conscious Self which is a real thing in the Universe.
No thing can refer to some thing without using a word...otherwise what exactly is being referred to here? Can no thing be pointed to without making it some thing?

The I is another word for Consciousness it's Real and the Real remains untouched.

The Light that appears as the word Consciousness is made out of the same Light.

Words are just 'thoughts' which are illusions of light as subtle sound heard as Words. Any situation, circumstance, action, conversation, shape, form and colour are thoughts.This signifies that life is an auditory and optical illusion of Light.

How can Light be explained?

No thing can see or know Light because no thing is Light the only seeing and knowing there is.

There is no actual thing in the word thing. All things are known by no thing.

A gap in understanding SELF is artificially created when there is a claim that the knower is known..when in truth the knower is Untouched, the untouched makes no claim of any author or copyright .

Source aka infinity has no owner.

Source cannot be negated nor refuted. Source is now there is no other now.

SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:03 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 am
SteveKlinko wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 pm
When I say I there is an assumption that we each are some kind of I.

I is not just a word but rather it is the only way we can refer to something like the Conscious Self which is a real thing in the Universe.
No thing can refer to some thing without using a word...otherwise what exactly is being referred to here? Can no thing be pointed to without making it some thing?

The I is another word for Consciousness it's Real and the Real remains untouched.

The Light that appears as the word Consciousness is made out of the same Light.

Words are just 'thoughts' which are illusions of light as subtle sound heard as Words. Any situation, circumstance, action, conversation, shape, form and colour are thoughts.This signifies that life is an auditory and optical illusion of Light.

How can Light be explained?

No thing can see or know Light because no thing is Light the only seeing and knowing there is.

There is no actual thing in the word thing. All things are known by no thing.

A gap in understanding SELF is artificially created when there is a claim that the knower is known..when in truth the knower is Untouched, the untouched makes no claim of any author or copyright .

Source aka infinity has no owner.

Source cannot be negated nor refuted. Source is now there is no other now.

How can Light be Explained? Not Electromagnetic Energy but the Light that we Experience. That's the question of the century.