Welcome to our new forum!

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Re: Welcome to our new forum!

Post by reasonvemotion »

i am top of heap in impartial observation.
Does this equate to an "imbalance".

Whereas I am fortunate I have both, reason and emotion. :mrgreen:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

reasonvemotion wrote:...

Whereas I am fortunate I have both, reason and emotion. :mrgreen:
Best take the "v" out of your nik then.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Checkmated by the one I most fear.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

reasonvemotion wrote:Checkmated by the one I most fear.
:o I doubt that most sincerely.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

"most sincerely" :lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nice to make someone laugh. :)
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Reason 79% enotion 30%.
[as the dog said "It just dont add up"]
im swaying to emotion.. its the tequila
Last edited by Hjarloprillar on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
harry_tunu

Post by harry_tunu »

RickLewis wrote:Welcome to a place for philosophical debate on pretty much any subject at all, but particularly on topics arising from discussions and articles in the popular philosophy magazine Philosophy Now. Argue in the agora! Fulminate in the forum! Philosophize without a pulpit!

In order to post messages you have to become a member of this forum, but membership is free and you can become a member in about 30 seconds. Just click on the link above that says "Register", and then follow the instructions.

Have fun and be nice to one another. And if you hit any problems, send me a message.

If you would like to know more about Philosophy Now magazine, click below:

http://philosophynow.org

thank you very much... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

This would never of happened under Hitler. Welcome to the club. ;)
barbarianhorde

Post by barbarianhorde »

Hello I come here from Ilovephilosophy where Ive been a regular poster for ten years (with some hiatuses) and recently I read a person write about this forum, how there are equally many lurkers, and I like lurkers (means thinkers) so now Im here. Hello!
-1-

Post by -1- »

barbarianhorde wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:48 pm Hello I come here from Ilovephilosophy where Ive been a regular poster for ten years (with some hiatuses) and recently I read a person write about this forum, how there are equally many lurkers, and I like lurkers (means thinkers) so now Im here. Hello!
Barbarian Horde, you come:

Right from the land of the ice and snow, with the midnight sun where the hot springs flow?

Or from the desert sun where the dry skin perches, the land of the plent of the softest wenches?

Aha.
barbarianhorde

Post by barbarianhorde »

-1- wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:58 am
barbarianhorde wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:48 pm Hello I come here from Ilovephilosophy where Ive been a regular poster for ten years (with some hiatuses) and recently I read a person write about this forum, how there are equally many lurkers, and I like lurkers (means thinkers) so now Im here. Hello!
Barbarian Horde, you come:

Right from the land of the ice and snow, with the midnight sun where the hot springs flow?

Or from the desert sun where the dry skin perches, the land of the plent of the softest wenches?

Aha.
That would be the former oh my most gallant host and thank you for bringing gladness to my heart and tears to my eyes.
*Norsemen dont cry* (slaps self)
-1-

Post by -1- »

I read only one fictionalized historical book about the Vikings, but it had it all. Sixth or eighth? century Vikings, roaming the seas around Europe. Written by Bengttson, (I think), the title: Red Orm (Röde Orm). I read it in Hungarian translation. A wonderful book, comparable only to the "Northwest Passage" by Kenneth Roberts (or Rogers). Both in the same genre, equally exciting, total immersion, full-experience books. The latter, in the colonial days of America, the English fighting the French and the Injuns. A must-read, both books, for older adolescent boys. Just enough testing of the characters for their stamina, strength and resistance, and just enough gore, in both books, to excite but not scare an older child or younger adult.
-1-

Post by -1- »

My horde had come from the East, on horseback, spreading terror near and far, until they settled in the Karpathian Basin.

Then ten times six score years after that I catapulted myself to the New Land on the back of a Giant Silver Bird, over the Great Water to the land of Winnetou, The Great Manitou, and the Gichimanidoes.

But by that time people have forgotten their legends; some of them got their families living in cages, tall and cold; some just stayed there and dusted away, past the age of old. I smell a world that is burnt...
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

-1- wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:41 am I read only one fictionalized historical book about the Vikings, but it had it all. Sixth or eighth? century Vikings, roaming the seas around Europe. Written by Bengttson, (I think), the title: Red Orm (Röde Orm). I read it in Hungarian translation. A wonderful book, comparable only to the "Northwest Passage" by Kenneth Roberts (or Rogers). Both in the same genre, equally exciting, total immersion, full-experience books. The latter, in the colonial days of America, the English fighting the French and the Injuns. A must-read, both books, for older adolescent boys. Just enough testing of the characters for their stamina, strength and resistance, and just enough gore, in both books, to excite but not scare an older child or younger adult.
Sixth is too early.
Britain got the brunt of the earliest of the vikings little pleasure trips.
The most famous of these is the raid on Lindisfarne, though there were sightings in the year before, the date for the raid on St. Cuthberts was Jan 793.
Those priests got what they deserved. All that bloody gold whilst their parishioners went hungry. Stick them like pigs!