Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Post by Sculptor »

Even handed moderation.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

"There are only two kinds of scholars those who love ideas and those who hate them." Emile Chartier
The hardest thing about promoting a successful site worthy of the name philosophy is to juggle between those who love ideas and the joy of the contradictions they bring from those who hate them and the annoying contradictions they bring. A worthy challenge
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

1. Please put at least a limit on how many THREAD topics people can post - perhaps per month. Way too many morons R starting self-obsessed threads.
2. What happened to the Environment topic suggestion - pull yer finger out!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:10 pm 1. Please put at least a limit on how many THREAD topics people can post - perhaps per month. Way too many morons R starting self-obsessed threads.
I think an environmental philosophy forum would be a good idea for a philosophy forum. It seems to be an elephant in the room for us humans right now and of seemingly existential importance--sadly enough.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:11 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:10 pm 1. Please put at least a limit on how many THREAD topics people can post - perhaps per month. Way too many morons R starting self-obsessed threads.
I think an environmental philosophy forum would be a good idea for a philosophy forum. It seems to be an elephant in the room for us humans right now and of seemingly existential importance--sadly enough.
If only there WAS an elephant in the room, I'd be slightly less worried about them going extinct.

Yes, good point about the environmental forum. I'll get onto it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

RickLewis wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:17 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:11 pm
If only there WAS an elephant in the room, I'd be slightly less worried about them going extinct.

Yes, good point about the environmental forum. I'll get onto it.
Thank you, Mr. Lewis. Appreciate the forum and all you do for philosophy.